Alexander Iwobi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Goalgetter
Egg
Egg
Re: Alexander Iwobi

Post by Goalgetter »

The guy was electrifying today..Was running at people with the ball, and moving into spaces fast. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him move like that before.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Cally wrote:Right, Oloye. That dude is a different beast. The guy does what he does so well that it's so refreshing. How isnt this guy being fought over by these top clubs? The dude and Etebo make me enjoy watching our SE.
Agreed. I really hope Etebo finds a club that sees what those of us who believe in him have been seeing for a while and can he gets the chance and space to be the beast he is capable of being. He brings so much to the table -- and his free kick today is just another asset in his repertoire. I'm a believer.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

He’s grown in confidence as the team progresses in the tournament. Highly underrated especially by Arsenal fans. This is only the beginning of better things to come from Iwobi by God’s grace.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

green4life wrote:He’s grown in confidence as the team progresses in the tournament. Highly underrated especially by Arsenal fans. This is only the beginning of better things to come from Iwobi by God’s grace.

Amen!!! :clap: :clap:
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Iwobi’s game is still maturing. The talent is there no doubt but he can be very frustrating to watch. He’ll develop into a top player
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Nkume wrote:Ojiogwu!

Thank you Papa Wenger!

Ntoor to all those useless Arsenal "fans" that want to yab this kid.

Nigeria really owes Wenger for this kid.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

john12 wrote:He had a good game today. His issue with many SE fans are 1) Laziness 2) turnovers 3) end touch once he settles all 3 he will be a legend
Seriously do you watch football?? Some of your comments are just funny. Iwobi has a very high work rate. Next time try concentrate on other players not just Musa.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote:
john12 wrote:He had a good game today. His issue with many SE fans are 1) Laziness 2) turnovers 3) end touch once he settles all 3 he will be a legend
Seriously do you watch football?? Some of your comments are just funny. Iwobi has a very high work rate. Next time try concentrate on other players not just Musa.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

ANC wrote:
Nkume wrote:Ojiogwu!

Thank you Papa Wenger!

Ntoor to all those useless Arsenal "fans" that want to yab this kid.

Nigeria really owes Wenger for this kid.
Totally. At many times during his career, Iwobi could have been cast aside like many once promising young players.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:He’s grown in confidence as the team progresses in the tournament. Highly underrated especially by Arsenal fans. This is only the beginning of better things to come from Iwobi by God’s grace.
Some Arsenal fans. Not all of us.

At the Emirates, he has the support of the majority who also see him as one of their own.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:This young man continues to be a polarizing figure among fans, and due to his tendency to keep things fast and simple, people tend to notice his mistakes more than his far more creditable plays.

Is it not time to give Iwobi the credit he deserves? Watch this game again and see how many key forward passes this young man made today, helping Musa kill his marker time after time. You will still see people refuse to cut him any slack once he makes the next mistake.

Alex Iwobi, take a bow, son! Well played.
Wenger always groomed him for that role behind the striker. Glad to see Rohr utilise him in this role.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Damunk wrote:
gochino wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
oloye wrote:Iwobinho did okay, but when it comes to the Mom, there is only one shining light and he was in a beast mode throughout... His name is Ndidimadu... What an engine. Reminds me of a benz engine, hardwork and pleasure combined.
Right, Oloye. That dude is a different beast. The guy does what he does so well that it's so refreshing. How isnt this guy being fought over by these top clubs? The dude and Etebo make me enjoy watching our SE.
Etebo and Ndidi, the rock on which the team is built. Truly fantastic to watch.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

deanotito wrote:My sense is that Iwobi's best position is as a 2nd striker that plays behind the center forward. He doesnt have the composure to be a playmaker. He's the best we've got now so we'll live with it, but if someone like Iwobi can support a true center forward foil, he'd be devastating.
You have no idea what you are prattling on about. Seriously.

I have watched Iwobi dictate play as a starter and as a sub.

If there is any complaint that holds water it's about his consistency. If he can reproduce top performances consistently, he'd be truly world class.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

cchinukw wrote:
deanotito wrote:My sense is that Iwobi's best position is as a 2nd striker that plays behind the center forward. He doesnt have the composure to be a playmaker. He's the best we've got now so we'll live with it, but if someone like Iwobi can support a true center forward foil, he'd be devastating.
You have no idea what you are prattling on about. Seriously.

I have watched Iwobi dictate play as a starter and as a sub.

If there is any complaint that holds water it's about his consistency. If he can reproduce top performances consistently, he'd be truly world class.
Unfortunately, he won't attain consistency at Arsenal until he is consistently played in a central/attacking midfield role. Stick him in his best role game in game out and he will exhibit steady improvement in that position which highlights his strengths and mitigates his weaknesses.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Waffiman wrote:
Some Arsenal fans. Not all of us.

At the Emirates, he has the support of the majority who also see him as one of their own.
I know you will say that Arsenal TV doesn't count but apart from Robby (Arsenal TV) and of course Kelechi, the feedback from Arsenal fans are mostly negative regarding Iwobi.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

gochino wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?