SOUTH AFRICA HARDLY A YARDSTICK

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
SOUTH AFRICA HARDLY A YARDSTICK

Post by jette1 »

If you decompress from all the white noise and read discern on actual fundamentals of both teams you would find out that we are still not fully maximizing or tapping our potentials. Yes I know you would bring up the fact that they beat Egypt. Egypt really was one of the worse teams at Afcon just go back and eTch all their games. If we play like this against Tunisia or civ we would be going home.
Last edited by jette1 on Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: SOUTH AFRICA NEVER A YARDSTICK

Post by Robbynice »

Baba even if you are seeking attention try not to make it seem so obvious.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Nigerians kai! nothing ever sstisfies my people.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Nigerians kai! nothing ever sstisfies my people.

They hate to see others succeed. First he said Guinea would send us home if we played like we did v Burundi,the it was Egypt but they didn’t make it. Now it’s Tunisia that’s sending us home.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jette1 wrote:If you decompress from all the white noise and read discern on actual fundamentals of both teams you would find out that we are still not fully maximizing or tapping our potentials. Yes I know you would bring up the fact that they beat Egypt. Egypt really was one of the worse teams at Afcon just go back and eTch all their games. If we play like this against Tunisia or civ we would be going home.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Robbynice wrote:Baba even if you are seeking attention try not to make it seem so obvious.

:rotf: :rotf:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

More goalpost shifting.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Robbynice wrote:Baba even if you are seeking attention try not to make it seem so obvious.
Bros, I don't like disrespecting fellow Forumers unless absolutely warranted, but this 'Jette1' needs to have his head examined - I believe. What on earth is he saying?

We just beat a team which has been boasting how they are going to show us Pepper and he won't let man enjoy the victory? Na wot kain tin be dis? :curse: :curse: :curse:
Last edited by Odas on Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:
jette1 wrote:If you decompress from all the white noise and read discern on actual fundamentals of both teams you would find out that we are still not fully maximizing or tapping our potentials. Yes I know you would bring up the fact that they beat Egypt. Egypt really was one of the worse teams at Afcon just go back and eTch all their games. If we play like this against Tunisia or civ we would be going home.
Jette1 needs more DIRTY slap than this - bro! I think he is losing his mind
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Tobi17 wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Nigerians kai! nothing ever sstisfies my people.

They hate to see others succeed. First he said Guinea would send us home if we played like we did v Burundi,the it was Egypt but they didn’t make it. Now it’s Tunisia that’s sending us home.
I think you are reading me wrong; you seem to insinuate that I devalue SE success thus far. No, I don’t . Our recent losses to South Africa obviously influenced how we come to view them of late and that is a basic automatic reaction to irrational fear. But the South Africa that showed up to today showed it is the same South Africa we have always psychologically imposed upon. They perhaps suffer from the same underperformance that has gripped us under rohrs Tutelage. SA performance in 2nd half validates that they are much better than they know only if they can just for one minute forget they are playing Nigeria. The few times they actually did this resulted in their lone goal. Ultimately what I’m saying is that minus Madagascar we weren’t tested or challenged yet and I hope no one does and we may never be challenged the rest of the way. But we can’t lie to ourselves if we are going to go all the way. Tell me we couldn’t have had more goals come out of all those runs Musa made. And we had a coach standing there without any instructions on how to take advantage of gapping holes.! Fact is the bar has been so low from what used to be our standard that anything goes so long we escape another humiliation. We now play to escape a defeat with l goal or 2. Gone are days when we not only summarily best teams with beautiful football

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:

I think you are reading me wrong; you seem to insinuate that I devalue SE success thus far. No, I don’t . Our recent losses to South Africa obviously influenced how we come to view them of late and that is a basic automatic reaction to irrational fear. But the South Africa that showed up to today showed it is the same South Africa we have always psychologically imposed upon. They perhaps suffer from the same underperformance that has gripped us under rohrs Tutelage. SA performance in 2nd half validates that they are much better than they know only if they can just for one minute forget they are playing Nigeria. The few times they actually did this resulted in their lone goal. Ultimately what I’m saying is that minus Madagascar we weren’t tested or challenged yet and I hope no one does and we may never be challenged the rest of the way. But we can’t lie to ourselves if we are going to go all the way. Tell me we couldn’t have had more goals come out of all those runs Musa made. And we had a coach standing there without any instructions on how to take advantage of gapping holes.! Fact is the bar has been so low from what used to be our standard that anything goes so long we escape another humiliation. We now play to escape a defeat with l goal or 2. Gone are days when we not only summarily best teams with beautiful football
Maybe you need to make your position clear from the start rather than having to clarify.
Some stories nor get part 2
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SOUTH AFRICA HARDLY A YARDSTICK

Post by Coach »

With Koscielny forcing his way out, is it Troost o’clock?
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

jette1 wrote:

Reading your quote one would think there was ever a time we used go to the ANC and be demolishing teams with nothing less than 3 goals and up.

Bro until you decide to accept the fact that the rest of Africa is catching up (in football terms) you would continue to live in wonderland.

The South African team we beat yesterday is a much better coached and organized Bafana Bafana compared to 8-10 years ago.
Peter Obi For President 2023
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Haba! Kilode gan na!! naija peeps tire me!! 24 teams came to Egypt we are among the last 4 standing!!! haba!!! no matter how bad you think they are just celebrate them or ************
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:Haba! Kilode gan na!! naija peeps tire me!! 24 teams came to Egypt we are among the last 4 standing!!! haba!!! no matter how bad you think they are just celebrate them or ************
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Maybe Nigerians are just too traumatized to fully express joy for fear it is suddenly taken away from them.
Many seem to feel more comfortable living in a permanent state of scepticism.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

I suspect we will definitely rise to any challenges.
Our players are extremely talented.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

SA is a good team, but Algeria, CIV, and Senegal are better. The later 3 are better than any of the teams we have faced yet.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

olu wrote:SA is a good team, but Algeria, CIV, and Senegal are better. The later 3 are better than any of the teams we have faced yet.
These were the pre-tournament odds.
As you can see, the bookies are pretty close to what has transpired so far:
Damunk wrote:According to one website: https://www.sportytrader.com/en/betting ... afcon-507/

Who will win AFCON 2019?
Egypt - 7/2
Ghana - 5/1
Nigeria - 6/1
Senegal - 13/2
Ivory Coast - 7/1

Algeria - 8/1
Morocco - 8/1
Tunisia - 12/1
Cameroon - 14/1
Mali - 14/1

DR Congo - 20/1
South Africa - 25/1
Guinea - 33/1
Angola - 50/1
Benin - 66/1

Guinea Bissau - 66/1
Uganda - 66/1
Zimbabwe - 100/1
Kenya - 125/1
Madagascar - 150/1

Burundi - 200/1
Tanzania - 200/1
Mauritiana - 250/1
Namibia - 250/1

And another... https://www.wincomparator.com/predictio ... a/can-507/
Egypt - odds of 4/1
Nigeria - odds of 13/2
Senegal - odds of 7/1
Algeria - odds of 8/1
Ivory Coast - odds of 8/1

Ghana - odds of 8/1
Tunisia - odds of 12/1
Morocco - odds of 12/1
Cameroon - odds of 14/1
Mali - odds of 16/1

DR Congo - odds of 22/1
South Africa - odds of 25/1
Guinea - odds of 33/1
Guinea-Bissau - odds of 66/1
Benin - odds of 66/1

Angola - odds of 66/1
Uganda - odds of 66/1
Zimbabwe - odds of 100/1
Kenya - odds of 125/1
Madagascar - odds of 150/1

Burundi - odds of 200/1
Tanzania - odds of 200/1
Namibia - odds of 200/1
Mauritiana - odds of 250/1
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Chei, see forumers lining up to use that yardstick to beat jette1.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

The YeyeMan wrote:Chei, see forumers lining up to use that yardstick to beat jette1.
Deservedly so...
Someone find me a koboko. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

The YeyeMan wrote:Chei, see forumers lining up to use that yardstick to beat jette1.
SA at 25/1 though justifies my theory