USWNT AGITATION FOR EQUAL PAY WITH (OR GREATER PAY THAN) MEN

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: USWNT AGITATION FOR EQUAL PAY WITH (OR GREATER PAY THAN)

Post by kalani JR »

ohsee wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:Utter nonsense. They want to be paid for doing something every four years? During the non WC years do they sell out stadia?Do they attract as much crowds as the men etc. Do they sell as much merchandise? If so then yes

I know some misguided do gooders will come down on me like a tonne of bricks and so be it :taunt: :taunt: But how come men aren't rushing to set up a men's netball league? Hell there is actually a netball world cup going on in Liverpool right now :rotf: :rotf: Why do women feel this need to want to do whatever men do? If they want equal pay then then we must abolish women's teams and have unisex teams :rotf:Just like at work we operate under the same environment

Genuine debate not insults will be appreciated :D
Chief, I am not even sure what they are demanding. The national team is a collection of the best players, and they may be paid per diems, and bonuses for tournaments, and if that is the demand, then I say, by all means pay them as much as the men. But the men's game draws more crowds, is watched by more people, and generates far more revenue.

Are they demanding equal pay for playing for their regular clubs? Is Megan Rapinoe as the best female US player demanding the $90 million a year CRon makes in salary and endorsements? If this is the case, abeg, make she sharrap and go siddon for durty. When female soccer begins to draw the same crowds and television viewership as men, she can make that demand. :idea:
They're demanding for National teams, their suit is against US Soccer.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:Utter nonsense. They want to be paid for doing something every four years? During the non WC years do they sell out stadia?Do they attract as much crowds as the men etc. Do they sell as much merchandise? If so then yes

I know some misguided do gooders will come down on me like a tonne of bricks and so be it :taunt: :taunt: But how come men aren't rushing to set up a men's netball league? Hell there is actually a netball world cup going on in Liverpool right now :rotf: :rotf: Why do women feel this need to want to do whatever men do? If they want equal pay then then we must abolish women's teams and have unisex teams :rotf:Just like at work we operate under the same environment

Chief, I am not even sure what they are demanding. The national team is a collection of the best players, and they may be paid per diems, and bonuses for tournaments, and if that is the demand, then I say, by all means pay them as much as the men. But the men's game draws more crowds, is watched by more people, and generates far more revenue.

Are they demanding equal pay for playing for their regular clubs? Is Megan Rapinoe as the best female US player demanding the $90 million a year CRon makes in salary and endorsements? If this is the case, abeg, make she sharrap and go siddon for durty. When female soccer begins to draw the same crowds and television viewership as men, she can make that demand. :idea:
only Clay would write that much about a subject he has no clue about (which there are many)
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Women football = U-13 football................no sane persons pays to watch those novelty silliness.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

If it can be proven that Uncle Sam's female army generates more money than Uncle Sam's Male army then USSF has goofed big time! What manner of nonsense is that?! But if all they are demanding is that the female players get same pay as male players on a virtue of representation alone, then they are just taking advantage of the system (as they should).

I believe everybody (USA athletes) gets the same amount of pay at the Olympics...as long as you win the same medals. I don't think NBA players get higher pay than the WNBA players at the Olympics.

Since both genders are representing the country both genders will get equal pay. But bonuses should be different.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

kolinzo wrote:If it can be proven that Uncle Sam's female army generates more money than Uncle Sam's Male army then USSF has goofed big time! What manner of nonsense is that?! But if all they are demanding is that the female players get same pay as male players on a virtue of representation alone, then they are just taking advantage of the system (as they should).

I believe everybody (USA athletes) gets the same amount of pay at the Olympics...as long as you win the same medals. I don't think NBA players get higher pay than the WNBA players at the Olympics.

Since both genders are representing the country both genders will get equal pay. But bonuses should be different.
Do you know the % of tickets that were given out for FREE :mrgreen: during this last women 'WC'?
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

zee wrote:
kolinzo wrote:If it can be proven that Uncle Sam's female army generates more money than Uncle Sam's Male army then USSF has goofed big time! What manner of nonsense is that?! But if all they are demanding is that the female players get same pay as male players on a virtue of representation alone, then they are just taking advantage of the system (as they should).

Do you know the % of tickets that were given out for FREE :mrgreen: during this last women 'WC'?
That goes for Men's WC too. Remember South Africa? :laugh: But in anyhoo...AFCON has been disappointing. Look at the crowd in many of the games there why are the male players gettting more money than the women players at AFCON?

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

***Breda = Br****
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

kolinzo wrote:
zee wrote:

That goes for Men's WC too. Remember South Africa? :laugh: But in anyhoo...AFCON has been disappointing. Look at the crowd in many of the games there why are the male players gettting more money than the women players at AFCON?
That means you do not know the sources of revenue in a football event, and their hierachy.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Oguleftie wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
zee wrote:

That means you do not know the sources of revenue in a football event, and their hierachy.
Are we talking about all sources of revenue here now? The posts you quoted clearly talk about ONE source of revenue. Keep up with the conversation.

***Breda = Br****
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

kolinzo wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
zee wrote:[quote="kolinzo"]If it can be proven that Uncle Sam's female army generates more money than Uncle Sam's Male army then USSF has goofed big time! What manner of nonsense is that?! But if all they are demanding is that the female players get same pay as male players on a virtue of representation alone, then they are just taking advantage of the system (as they should).

Are we talking about all sources of revenue here now? The posts you quoted clearly talk about ONE source of revenue. Keep up with the conversation.[/quote]

Okay I will do.
Now, The female army plays far more matches. More matches means money, but the money per match favors the men army.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Oguleftie wrote:
Okay I will do.
Now, The female army plays far more matches. More matches means money, but the money per match favors the men army.
What you guys are missing is the negotiation between each party. The women negotiated their deal to be what it is now and the man negotiated their deal to be what it is now. If one party is trying to renege then that party shouldn't be taken seriously.

Now, strictly going by the face value of this, Sam's Army soldiers should get the same amount of money for base pay. Bonus should be different.

***Breda = Br****
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

zee wrote:Women football = U-13 football................no sane persons pays to watch those novelty silliness.
:rotf: :rotf:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

King Futcha wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
ohsee wrote:

only Clay would write that much about a subject he has no clue about (which there are many)
:D :taunt:
But Frazier, at least there are topics that I know very much about such as that the Raptors would barbecue your Bucks and then go on to win the NBA. :thumbs: You, on the other hand, are clueless about so many things, I cannot even list them because they run into the gazillions. :D :taunt:

I know you love women's soccer because that's where your knowledge of soccer began--you played adult house league with women and they were beating you like Foreman did in Jamaica. :lol:
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

don't mind Clay, my good ladies and gentelmen, he is only lashing out because his basketball team is heading back to the stone age when he first discovered the sport.

I warned him dark days were ahead but he did not heed the warning, listening has never been one of his very few strong suits as we know.

As evident in this thread where he came in yapping about a subject he admittedly knew nothing about.
Saints baby we did it
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Is it true the US women's team were thrashed by a team of u15 boys from a very small village in Texas last year :rotf: :rotf:

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Samora Machel wrote:Is it true the US women's team were thrashed by a team of u15 boys from a very small village in Texas last year :rotf: :rotf:
This often happens for obvious reasons, however they don't compete against young boys so why is this held against them?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:Is it true the US women's team were thrashed by a team of u15 boys from a very small village in Texas last year :rotf: :rotf:
This often happens for obvious reasons, however they don't compete against young boys so why is this held against them?
ive never heard a scrimmage talked about so much in my life.
Saints baby we did it
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

kalani JR wrote:
I can't remember which game during world cup one foolish BBC commentator seemed suggest a few of the girls could get into men's teams :rotf: :rotf:

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The pay should be based on revenues generated for FIFA by either gender therefore an argument based on who is more successful is misplaced given the men’s World Cup generates much more money than the women’s. Also, MLS compared to the women’s league, my wild guess is the men’s league generates far more money. This is not a ‘Title 9’ situation that the US Government used to justify equal numbers of athletic scholarships for universities men & women sports.
Bestplayer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bestplayer »

This equal pay hysteria has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've seen recently. Nobody attends these games and the so called world champions were beaten by an under-15 academy school boys. This just shows the level of play. Honestly, I really don't really take women sports seriously especially soccer :idea:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Samora Machel wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
I can't remember which game during world cup one foolish BBC commentator seemed suggest a few of the girls could get into men's teams :rotf: :rotf:
Whatchu talking 'bout Willis? They can get into some men's Sunday League teams of course. :D My friend, in this day and age, you can't speak the truth about things. It's very unwise.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

King Futcha wrote:
ive never heard a scrimmage talked about so much in my life.
:D :D :D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :sneaky:
https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/a ... scrimmage/
In preparation for two upcoming friendlies against Russia, the U.S. women’s national team played the FC Dallas U-15 boys academy team on Sunday and fell 5-2, according to FC Dallas’ official website.

This friendly came as the U.S. looked to tune up before taking on Russia on Thursday night in a friendly.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

King Futcha wrote:he came in yapping about a subject he admittedly knew nothing about.
:D :D :taunt: :taunt:
In preparation for two upcoming friendlies against Russia, the U.S. women’s national team played the FC Dallas U-15 boys academy team on Sunday and fell 5-2, according to FC Dallas’ official website.

This friendly came as the U.S. looked to tune up before taking on Russia on Thursday night in a friendly.
:D :D
Serious "World Champs." :thumbs: :thumbs:
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

ohsee wrote:
King Futcha wrote:he came in yapping about a subject he admittedly knew nothing about.
:D :D :taunt: :taunt:

:D :D
Serious "World Champs." :thumbs: :thumbs:
I only watched our games, how did your age mate Sinclair and that gal you have googly eyes for Scott do in the tournament?

another loser Canadian team to join the long list of them :)
Saints baby we did it