Nigeria vs South Africa 2-1 Extended Highlights English

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jmal
Egg
Egg
Nigeria vs South Africa 2-1 Extended Highlights English

Post by Jmal »

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Extended Highlights Musa Put In Several Dangerous Crosses

Post by airwolex »

[/video]

Judge for yourselves. If you are too lazy go to the timeline below. Next time he needs to be a bit more selfish imho. We just don't have enough bodies in the box for how we play. It will be better if he goes alone.

54, 2.29, 3.47, 3.54, 6.30, 6.35, 7.43, 7.50, 8.55
Last edited by airwolex on Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Extended Highlights Musa Put In Several DangerousCrosses

Post by ANC »

:lol: :lol:

Musa should play as a striker. This should have been the game Rohr subs him in for Igalo.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The 8.55th highlight is the perfect example. Ghosts past his man and puts in a perfect ball. This time we even have bodies but none of the midfielders take a gamble.

As I said, there is little more he can do unless you want him to carry the ball and put on Ighalo's head himself. The guy crosses at a rate near 3 times more than all our other wingers, simply because his movement is so good and believe it or not, one on one he is better at beating his man than all our other strikers, including Chukuweze and Iwobi.
Last edited by airwolex on Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

airwolex wrote:The 8.55th highlight is the perfect example. Ghosts past his man and puts in a perfect ball. This time we even have bodies but none of the midfielders take a gamble.

Like I said, there is little more he can do unless you want him to carry the ball and put on Ighalo's head himself.
"Video not available"
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

airwolex wrote:Showing for me bruv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZzdV_SNdvU
Must be becos we're in different parts of the world.
I'm in London.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I watched the entire game, don't need highlight to tell me what I saw. He was too-much on the left wing, he embarrassingly ran the right fullback and the entire SA defense, but...the communication was not there with central frontline. A smarter player would have been to slow the ball and wait for back up or just shoot even at poor angle.

I suspect he was just doing what Rohr wanted him to do, wear them down and destabilize the defense.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

ANC wrote:I watched the entire game, don't need highlight to tell me what I saw. He was too-much on the left wing, he embarrassingly ran the right fullback and the entire SA defense, but...the communication was not there with central frontline. A smarter player would have been to slow the ball and wait for back up or just shoot even at poor angle.

I suspect he was just doing what Rohr wanted him to do, wear them down and destabilize the defense.
He is no Arjen Robben, but he did his bit. The midfielders have to take more of a chance imho.

BTW Musa is very smart. That's how come he finds himself in space so much...it's not luck.

Other wingers could learn from him because all they do is receive the ball and depend on dribbling to get past their defender. His give and go is impeccable and he has an uncanny ability to know when to come short to get the ball or take off for a ball into space beyond him.

If he has a fault I would say his technique when passing and crossing could be better. Nothing to do with his iq. All in all a great player.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:I watched the entire game, don't need highlight to tell me what I saw. He was too-much on the left wing, he embarrassingly ran the right fullback and the entire SA defense, but...the communication was not there with central frontline. A smarter player would have been to slow the ball and wait for back up or just shoot even at poor angle.

The central front line aka Ighalo couldn't keep up.
Ighalo has his weaknesses and as much as we all appreciate his goals and physical strength for hold up play etc, he can be annoyingly static. It is just a matter of time before the faster, more mobile and more deadly Osimhen takes his rightful place. I'm dying to see Osimhen benefit from the pace of Musa and the trickery of Chukwueze. I don't even see Onuachu keeping him out.

But Rohr thinks Osimhen has to gain on physical strength to be effective in his role on the African grass, so who am I to argue?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Extended Highlights Musa Put In Several Dangerous Crosse

Post by ANC »

After the world cup, I promise you will never hear me criticize Musa, if I somehow come across that way, please I apologize. I just think he is not maximally utilized, perhaps because of the formation the team plays.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

airwolex wrote:

He is no Arjen Robben, but he did his bit. The midfielders have to take more of a chance imho.

BTW Musa is very smart. That's how come he finds himself in space so much...it's not luck.

Other wingers could learn from him because all they do is receive the ball and depend on dribbling to get past their defender. His give and go is impeccable and he has an uncanny ability to know when to come short to get the ball or take off for a ball into space beyond him.

If he has a fault I would say his technique when passing and crossing could be better. Nothing to do with his iq. All in all a great player.
Key for him is his ACCELERATION.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote:
airwolex wrote:

Deadly.
And the South Africans were supposed to be pacy....
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

airwolex wrote:The 8.55th highlight is the perfect example. Ghosts past his man and puts in a perfect ball. This time we even have bodies but none of the midfielders take a gamble.

As I said, there is little more he can do unless you want him to carry the ball and put on Ighalo's head himself. The guy crosses at a rate near 3 times more than all our other wingers, simply because his movement is so good and believe it or not, one on one he is better at beating his man than all our other strikers, including Chukuweze and Iwobi.
I've said he's more effective when he's direct.

Even one of the few completed passes he made at 3'54'' was behind the advancing player (I think Chukwueze). It should have been played right into Samu's stride so he could've taken a quick shot at goal. But Musa's pass made him have to check back and steady himself which probably made him rush his shot and balloon it into row V. I hope they re-watch their matches and go over these things?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

If I was defending against Musa, I would get a red...there is no way, I would constantly sit there getting abused...However this is all rohr's fault...you have a wide man who goes past his opponents at ease, instead of setting up players to make early and quick runs, he decided to instruct the midfield to sit deep
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

On one or two occasions Musa was clear on goal, and with his pace, the SA defenders would not have caught him but he still chose to cross the ball to someone in a worse position. We need to find a better way of using Musa. Someone with that speed and ability to find spaces should be better utilized. The one area he is lacking is in crossing the ball.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Leaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Leaf »

Damunk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
airwolex wrote:

Deadly.
And the South Africans were supposed to be pacy....
So maybe Rohr's underdog strategy worked a little bit. the South Africans were not prepared for what they saw
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

The South Africans have always been wary of Musa & Victor Moses. Anytime either or the duo gets to play against them, they know the trouble brewing
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He threatened South African defence!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

airwolex wrote:[/video]

Judge for yourselves. If you are too lazy go to the timeline below. Next time he needs to be a bit more selfish imho. We just don't have enough bodies in the box for how we play. It will be better if he goes alone.

54, 2.29, 3.47, 3.54, 6.30, 6.35, 7.43, 7.50, 8.55
A good game that could have been a great game if he made better decisions.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!