Jamiu Collins

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Jamiu Collins

Post by Tobi17 »

We now have a LEGIT LB in our hands guys, dude absolutely bossed that left back :clap: :clap:
Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: Jamiu Collins

Post by Cally »

Very solid performance by the young man. I give him lots of credit.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Jamilu Collins had the LB position on lockdown, he defended better than Aina. Nothing got past him and he left the dangerous Tau frustrated. To introduce a player of his quality at the quarter-final stage of AFCON shows the depth of the SE squad.
I am happy
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Dammy wrote:Jamilu Collins had the LB position on lockdown, he defended better than Aina. Nothing got past him and he left the dangerous Tau frustrated. To introduce a player of his quality at the quarter-final stage of AFCON shows the depth of the SE squad.
Being a left footed defender at left back helps...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I am gonna keep my eyes on that boy, I like what I saw. Calm, clever and reads the game very well.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Dammy wrote:Jamilu Collins had the LB position on lockdown, he defended better than Aina. Nothing got past him and he left the dangerous Tau frustrated. To introduce a player of his quality at the quarter-final stage of AFCON shows the depth of the SE squad.
The Prof of Yeyelogy... :lol: :lol: :lol:
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Gotti wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
>
Does it not help? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Gotti wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
>
Does it not help? :D
You're right, it helps.
I am happy
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I like Aina but call me old school I like my wingbacks short, quick and defensively minded - kind of like Roberto Carlos, Alaba and Ashley Cole. This guy is strong, quick and tigerish. Aina will have to battle for the right back position with Ebuehi and Awaziem. All in all, we are lucky to have Collins and Aina, two young ballers.
Last edited by airwolex on Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Facts
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

We should be thankful for Aina's versatility: he is a RB!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

I like that Rohr is keeping Awaziem at RB. It makes the formation versatile. Can easily transform a 4-3-3 to a 3-5-2.

4-3-3
Akpeyi
Awaziem Ekong Omeruo Collins
Ndidi Iwobi Etebo
Chukwueze Ighalo Musa

3-5-2
Akpeyi
Awaziem Ekong Omeruo
Chukwueze/Simon Ndidi Iwobi Etebo Collins
Ighalo Musa
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Tobi17 wrote:We now have a LEGIT LB in our hands guys, dude absolutely bossed that left back :clap: :clap:
Tobi

It seems you were watching him for the first time. In my opinion, this was not his best game for SE. His offense was limited. However, I felt that was by design considering that he came up against Tau.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

He was not enough of an attacking threat through. Awaziem provided more danger going forward on the right than him.
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:He was not enough of an attacking threat through. Awaziem provided more danger going forward on the right than him.

That was probably because Collins had Musa in front of him who was on the front foot
Most of the time. On the other hand you saying Awaziem provided more danger means you were
Watching a different game. While Awaziem was solid defensively each time he got forward
He gave the ball away or passed it to opposition.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:He was not enough of an attacking threat through. Awaziem provided more danger going forward on the right than him.

That was probably because Collins had Musa in front of him who was on the front foot
Most of the time. On the other hand you saying Awaziem provided more danger means you were
Watching a different game. While Awaziem was solid defensively each time he got forward
He gave the ball away or passed it to opposition.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

He hardly needed to be. Musa was a "mouthful"