The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by kajifu »

Turkish club Fenerbahce say it is not viable from an "economic" point of view for them to sign Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil.

Former Germany international Ozil, who has Turkish origins, has been linked with the Super Lig club this summer.

The 30-year-old is the Gunners' highest-paid player having signed a £350,000-a-week contract in 2018.

"Under the current economic conditions, such a step is not possible for both parties," said a Fenerbahce statement.

Ozil was signed by Arsenal from Real Madrid for a then club-record £42m in 2013 during former Gunners manager Arsene Wenger's tenure.

Howevhttps://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48935294er, under current boss Unai Emery, he was sparingly used last season, making 35 appearances and scoring six goals
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48935294
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Arsenal have been offered the chance to sign Real Madrid's Dominican Republic striker Mariano Diaz, 25, for a reduced fee of £18m. (Star)
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:I don't think we need Zaha. At least not at 70MP. Arsenal has already signed their winger and will also get Rheis Nelson back from loan. We also have Iwobi and young Saka coming through. We should use the available transfer budget to address the defense

[/video]

In
Saliba CB
Thierney LB
Klosterman RB

Out
Monreal LB
Mustaffi CB
Chambers CB
You mightn't mean it but you're seeking to get Stan off the hook. We already tried that kid formula with Cesc & co. That was a less competitive league & we failed. These kids you talk about like Nelson wasn't a constant starter in a weaker league, looks like Saliba will remain on loan with his present club. We need proven veterans to let us compete while these kids grow & mature. The EPL is a man's league - don't overload the kids based on potential.
Is not about playing kids,if they are good they should be playing,you are wrong to even used Cesc in such statement.As young as he was,he could have start in almost all EPL team back then I mean he was one of the best MF EPL ever seen.We failed was keeping a waste pipe keeper Amumu when we could have got a decent keeper cheap like the dutch man who was at fulham before manu pick him up.The season is a long season with so many games,if we have like 5 to 6 kids ready I will not loan them out,Most Europa group games if not all play this kids with few veterans.Look at Bayern how they introduced few youths and give them chances,you cant be loaning players.Arsenal will not compete for the title next year,you know it,so why not give few kids chances if they are good.
The longer we're from events, the greater they seem to feel - we'd a brilliant team with Cesc & co that seemed to fade by March every season cos we'd kids & lacked physicality in the most physical league in Europe. We'd Almunia cos we do cheap & will do that again. Cesc was great playing with Veira, Gilberto etc but the moment veterans left - we'd technical players who soon elected to go elsewhere to win trophies
I hope you've been following the shenanigans of some of our kids via agents & planted stories in the press. Many of them want playing time now but ain't ready for it - Nelson showed that in Germany. Keep signing them to long contracts & loaning some of them to clubs with great programs. We've clubs like Bayern & Lyon tapping up our kids but they both are in less competitive leagues.
Many of these kids will come good in 2yrs but can't overload them now - Stan will do that to save money now - but look at the rest of the top 6.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:Arsenal have been offered the chance to sign Real Madrid's Dominican Republic striker Mariano Diaz, 25, for a reduced fee of £18m. (Star)
If they sell him for 8m less yeah cos dude's 25 or so & trees ain't shaking. RM need any penny they can get
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:Turkish club Fenerbahce say it is not viable from an "economic" point of view for them to sign Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil.

Former Germany international Ozil, who has Turkish origins, has been linked with the Super Lig club this summer.

The 30-year-old is the Gunners' highest-paid player having signed a £350,000-a-week contract in 2018.

"Under the current economic conditions, such a step is not possible for both parties," said a Fenerbahce statement.

Ozil was signed by Arsenal from Real Madrid for a then club-record £42m in 2013 during former Gunners manager Arsene Wenger's tenure.

Howevhttps://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48935294er, under current boss Unai Emery, he was sparingly used last season, making 35 appearances and scoring six goals
--------------------------------------
Always a non-starter - that club has major FFP issues plus Ozil doesn't love Turkey enough to make less money via his brand - London does a lot for him - he'll have to be paid a lot to bail. This story was always about exploiting the gullible Gooner_nation.

https://www.turkishfootballnews.com/201 ... l-support/
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:
kajifu wrote:Turkish club Fenerbahce say it is not viable from an "economic" point of view for them to sign Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil.

Always a non-starter - that club has major FFP issues plus Ozil doesn't love Turkey enough to make less money via his brand - London does a lot for him - he'll have to be paid a lot to bail. This story was always about exploiting the gullible Gooner_nation.

I think Ozil will go if the match his current wages,he just married this summer with a Turkish girl.The girl and the President want him leave in turkey .Ozil father was saying he will go to Turkey if the money is close to what he is getting at beloved.
Do you know how many years contract he sign for 350k?
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Is Mustafi still an Arsenal player?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:

I think Ozil will go if the match his current wages,he just married this summer with a Turkish girl.The girl and the President want him leave in turkey .Ozil father was saying he will go to Turkey if the money is close to what he is getting at beloved.
Do you know how many years contract he sign for 350k?
It's about business opportunities - London is it & the window is shot. For all his love of Turkey, the actions of his agent speaks more than Turkey's prez & his pop. Heck, i know on an emotional level. many Gooners are willing things to happen but as Arsene will say, take a little "distance" from it & analyse it. We were fed so called "facts" by the press regarding a club that was begging fans for money in March.
There's no money in Turkish footie. Ozil's wife won Miss Turkey but was born & raised in Sweden with Iraqi & Turkish parents - like her husband, Turkey's a good country to hang out but it's all about the money right now.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Business Models - Lyon_stytlii

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Wahala dey,

Koscielny demand transfer, refuse to go on pre-season tour(rumor)

linked to Bordeaux.
ARSENAL CAPTAIN LAURENT Koscielny has ‘refused’ to travel with the Gunners on their pre-season tour of America amid reports linking him with a move back to Ligue 1.

https://www.the42.ie/laurent-koscielny- ... 4-Jul2019/
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:Wahala dey,

linked to Bordeaux.
ARSENAL CAPTAIN LAURENT Koscielny has ‘refused’ to travel with the Gunners on their pre-season tour of America amid reports linking him with a move back to Ligue 1.

Sell him let Bordeaux bring the money ,no point keep such player.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Southampton's 25-year-old midfielder Mario Lemina, who is wanted by Manchester United, Arsenal and Leicester, says he does not want to be playing for the Saints next season and Arsenal will be his prefer destination.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tottenham are stepping up their bid to sign Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos, 22, on loan. (Mirror)

But Arsenal could beat their north London rivals Spurs to the signing of Spain player Ceballos
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Arsenal are prepared to add defenders Calum Chambers, 24, Carl Jenkinson, 27, or midfielder Mohamed Elneny, 26, into any potential deal for Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha. The Gunners have already had a £40m offer for the 26-year-old Ivory Coast winger rejected. (Mirror)Hope they accept t he that offer but I will easily go for a good winger cheaper than Zaha.
I like that Brazilian winger call Everton.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

linked to Bordeaux.

Which kind wahala. Kos was done 2 years ago, just before his injury. He is doing Arsenal a favor, and "loves" the club. It is the lazy dingwits running the club that want to again anchor the defense on a 35 year old with a dodgy Achilles. Let our Kos go to Bordeaux with our thanks.

BTW, it is also VERY petty that Arsenal has made an announcement denouncing him.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Nkume wrote:

linked to Bordeaux.

Which kind wahala. Kos was done 2 years ago, just before his injury. He is doing Arsenal a favor, and "loves" the club. It is the lazy dingwits running the club that want to again anchor the defense on a 35 year old with a dodgy Achilles. Let our Kos go to Bordeaux with our thanks.

BTW, it is also VERY petty that Arsenal has made an announcement denouncing him.
I agree with you. Seems like we have some idiots at the helm now.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Thunder wrote:
Nkume wrote:

linked to Bordeaux.

The problem is we need central defenders. Holden is injured, Saliba will go back to St Etiene on loan. Chambers is not good enough. Mustaffi is obviously not good enough. Seems to me Arsenal is about to repeat the same mistake they made last season. Refusing to address the defense.

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Kos has to fight for number 1 - can't blame dude. But Amechi not being on the US tour is a bad look - highly sort after by teams around Europe - Bayern & Lyon to name a couple.
He has pro contract from last yr - thought it was renewed - need details - one kid we've gotta have on our books.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/xavier-ama ... l-contract
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

tolahs wrote:Kos has to fight for number 1 - can't blame dude. But Amechi not being on the US tour is a bad look - highly sort after by teams around Europe - Bayern & Lyon to name a couple.
He has pro contract from last yr - thought it was renewed - need details - one kid we've gotta have on our books.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/xavier-ama ... l-contract
Bielik is another one not in the squad for the training tour.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Nkume wrote:Is Mustafi still an Arsenal player?
Where you want the bobo go?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Thunder wrote:
Nkume wrote:

linked to Bordeaux.

The problem is we need central defenders. Holden is injured, Saliba will go back to St Etiene on loan. Chambers is not good enough. Mustaffi is obviously not good enough. Seems to me Arsenal is about to repeat the same mistake they made last season. Refusing to address the defense.
A serious coach will be looking at defenders not going after Zaha and the rest when our biggest problem is our defense.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Nkume wrote:

linked to Bordeaux.

I agree with the sentiment that Kos is doing Arsenal a favor by getting his wages off the books a year early. Age and injuries have caught up with him...he was badly exposed a few times last season. Granted he also had a few brilliant games!
This move will force the club to buy a badly-needed CD this window...in addition to Saliba. We can't expect much from Holding returning from a gruesome injury
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kajifu wrote:Arsenal are prepared to add defenders Calum Chambers, 24, Carl Jenkinson, 27, or midfielder Mohamed Elneny, 26, into any potential deal for Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha. The Gunners have already had a £40m offer for the 26-year-old Ivory Coast winger rejected. (Mirror)Hope they accept t he that offer but I will easily go for a good winger cheaper than Zaha.
I like that Brazilian winger call Everton.
The same players that are currently on a plane to America for pre-season. Zaha is also at Afcon. Don't believe everything you read. I actually think Arsenal is not interested in Zaha.