Nigeria is Playing some ugly ball truth be told

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Nigeria is Playing some ugly ball truth be told

Post by Bigpokey24 »

We are playing the most gidipo ball ever..thanks to the clueless rohr
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

I don’t mind sitting back and hitting on the counter . It works for many teams but for goodness sake if you must play that way deploy the right personnel

Onyekuru the fastest player in the Turkish league sits on the bench while a slow immobile ighalo plays game after game minute after minute

I used to think that Ahmed Musas crossing was poor but imho the real issue is ighalos immobility meaning musa or whoever ultimately has no one to cross or pass to

Case in point Chuwkueze beats two defenders on the right and crosses across the goal . Ighalo should have since made a bee line for the far end of the post but he stays statically tucked in between two defenders . He simply never have Chuwkueze much of an option.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

BAP wrote:I don’t mind sitting back and hitting on the counter . It works for many teams but for goodness sake if you must play that way deploy the right personnel

Onyekuru the fastest player in the Turkish league sits on the bench while a slow immobile ighalo plays game after game minute after minute

I used to think that Ahmed Musas crossing was poor but imho the real issue is ighalos immobility meaning musa or whoever ultimately has no one to cross or pass to

Case in point Chuwkueze beats two defenders on the right and crosses across the goal . Ighalo should have since made a bee line for the far end of the post but he stays statically tucked in between two defenders . He simply never have Chuwkueze much of an option.
Pure rubbish
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Truth be told , not many teams in this tournament are playing that great.

Senegal have been OK

Nigeria have been OK

CIV IMO have been poor

Ghana were average

Tunisia has been poor

Madagascar are a lot of heart

Even Algeria have been nothing more than decent

So we are amongst all these teams that aren't looking amazing but find ourselves in the final 4, and I have to say deservedly so.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

BAP wrote:I don’t mind sitting back and hitting on the counter . It works for many teams but for goodness sake if you must play that way deploy the right personnel

As much as I think Ighalo is our best target man striker, I think Rohr needs to switch it up at times. Yesterday was calling out for Onyekuru up top IMO.

That is the change I wanted to see first instead of taking off Musa, even though Musa was mispassing all over the place (Sorry this cannot just be blamed on Ighalo not giving him options) Plenty of times musa has had options, easy options, and simply cannot find them.

Ighalo at times is too static and just wants to wrestle players, I think Onyekuru would have given us a different option yesterday which would have unsettled the South Africans.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:We won dirty, but shouldn't have come to that if we could have taken advantage of Musa's constant penetration...
We need a striker but I'm afraid it's too late. We have to just keep hoping our wingers come up with the goods. Every three games or so, Ighalo will have a good game but he'll keep playing 90 minutes since Onuachu can't trap a ball and Osimehn must have offended Rohr.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Complain, ...complain, ...complain!!!
I guess these complainers would be joyous if we had been playing an open exciting game
while recording scores of 4-5, 5-7, and 6-6 on the way to crashing out of the first round.
It doesn't take the mind of a detective to note many herein with little knowledge of sports,
not to talk of football.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Nigeria has to evolve look at our rivals they still play how they did 10 years ago and they are way too predictable,Ghana and Cameroon and even CIV lack any structure and seem to reinforce the typical West African footballing stereotype of power,pace and impulse little or no composer infront of goal and no deciplined structure and individualism.
If Nigeria look to incorporate their traditional style but take the best out of their current form they must go through a stage like this regardless of the ugly look!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I have always said Nigerians do not have the liver to go through a transition phase.
Forget the lip service.
We are not a patient people.
We are not a people that can see out a medium to long term goal.
We are an instant gratification people.
You see it in every aspect of our national life.
Football is no different.

20/20 'vision' - 20 NT coaches in 20 years says it all. :lol:
:agree:The majority of Nigerians are never ready to go through what it takes to improve but yet they want it now!
Nigerians want something for nothing and that’s why they think things happen by luck or a miracle.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Did SA play beautiful football? I am curious.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Senegal is all jambody football, apart from Mane and one or two players the rest are worse than Cameroon.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Ugbowo wrote:Did SA play beautiful football? I am curious.
Wrong forum.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.