Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:04 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 2743
They came out in numbers today to massively support the SE against South Africa (for obvious reasons of course), I spotted one Egyptian fan with probably the funniest message to the SE players, it read: "Nigeria beat SA for us, and you can marry as many Egyptian women as you want."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:11 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 43509
I don't believe you Tobi17 until I see pictures.. As they say foto nor dey lie. Especially that one offering as many Egyptian women as we want :lol:

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 22902
Wow so booing the South African anthem is OK? I thought it was very crass :atc:

_________________
Patience Africa (1976)- Bhula Sangoma
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ZDMLRbhtA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:36 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 8146
Samora Machel wrote:
Wow so booing the South African anthem is OK? I thought it was very crass :atc:


Where did anyone say that booing the South African anthrm is ok? Besides the South African fans were not the classiest in the build up to the game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 22902
aruako1 wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
Wow so booing the South African anthem is OK? I thought it was very crass :atc:


Where did anyone say that booing the South African anthrm is ok? Besides the South African fans were not the classiest in the build up to the game.



What did the fans do? :shock: :blink:

_________________
Patience Africa (1976)- Bhula Sangoma
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ZDMLRbhtA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 14684
Location: Here
Why do Zimbabweans, Zambians and to some extent Malawians, throw Mozambiquezs into the mix, readily run to SA's defence?

Are South Africans your masters?
Because they do not readily run to Zimbabwe's rescue unless they want to exploit them. :taunt:

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 22902
Kabalega wrote:
Why do Zimbabweans, Zambians and to some extent Malawians, throw Mozambiquezs into the mix, readily run to SA's defence?

Are South Africans your masters?
Because they do not readily run to Zimbabwe's rescue unless they want to exploit them. :taunt:


:rotf: :rotf:
I know many Zimbabweans who were not supporting SA against Nigeria. Some didn't care who won

_________________
Patience Africa (1976)- Bhula Sangoma
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ZDMLRbhtA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:54 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40626
Location: UK
Kabalega wrote:
Why do Zimbabweans, Zambians and to some extent Malawians, throw Mozambiquezs into the mix, readily run to SA's defence?

Are South Africans your masters?
Because they do not readily run to Zimbabwe's rescue unless they want to exploit them. :taunt:
The reasons are usually steeped in history.
Look there for your answers

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 44909
Location: Akoko Highlands
Did they come to support the SE or to show SA they didn't appreciate being dumped out of the competition so early?

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

[img];;http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:03 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:01 am
Posts: 38258
Location: Eagles' Nest
balo wrote:
Did they come to support the SE or to show SA they didn't appreciate being dumped out of the competition so early?

We will find out in the game. If things had gone according to plan they should have been preparing for the semifinal now. :D

_________________
Image
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:39 am
Posts: 14559
Location: Houston, Texas.
Tobi17 wrote:
They came out in numbers today to massively support the SE against South Africa (for obvious reasons of course), I spotted one Egyptian fan with probably the funniest message to the SE players, it read: "Nigeria beat SA for us, and you can marry as many Egyptian women as you want."


They had tickets already for that game thinking it will be Egypt playing that QF. Most of them just said, 4uck it we may as well go watch the dam game

_________________
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 22646
Location: Ukwuani
oloye wrote:
I don't believe you Tobi17 until I see pictures.. As they say foto nor dey lie. Especially that one offering as many Egyptian women as we want :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Me, I wan see the Foto too-oo! I wan see am quik-quik.

Elm, 'Bikpokey24', here is your chance if the above is true

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:42 pm
Posts: 4707
Kabalega wrote:
Why do Zimbabweans, Zambians and to some extent Malawians, throw Mozambiquezs into the mix, readily run to SA's defence?

Are South Africans your masters?
Because they do not readily run to Zimbabwe's rescue unless they want to exploit them. :taunt:



Not all Zimbabweans. I for one wish the Super Eagles had beat the xenophobes like they stole something

_________________
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 14684
Location: Here
Damunk wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Why do Zimbabweans, Zambians and to some extent Malawians, throw Mozambiquezs into the mix, readily run to SA's defence?

Are South Africans your masters?
Because they do not readily run to Zimbabwe's rescue unless they want to exploit them. :taunt:
The reasons are usually steeped in history.
Look there for your answers

When I see a Gambian run to a Senegalese defence without question, I understand.
But this Southern African tendency to do so for SA is a bit puzzling.

It's like Senegal is a planet with a moon named the Gambia.
SA seems to have many moons.

BTW, how come Nigeria has no moons?
Even tiny Uganda has S. Sudan and Kenya among others. :D

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 22902
Kabalega wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Why do Zimbabweans, Zambians and to some extent Malawians, throw Mozambiquezs into the mix, readily run to SA's defence?

Are South Africans your masters?
Because they do not readily run to Zimbabwe's rescue unless they want to exploit them. :taunt:
The reasons are usually steeped in history.
Look there for your answers

When I see a Gambian run to a Senegalese defence without question, I understand.
But this Southern African tendency to do so for SA is a bit puzzling.

It's like Senegal is a planet with a moon named the Gambia.
SA seems to have many moons.

BTW, how come Nigeria has no moons?
Even tiny Uganda has S. Sudan and Kenya among others. :D


You do realise ndebeles in Zimbabwe trace their roots to KwaZulu right and speak the same language? Can you not see the connection there? Never mind people in southern part of Zimbabwe like the Venda's. They are found on both sides of the border and Ramaphosa is a venda. Added to that are probably hundreds of thousands of South Africans and Zimbabweans with mixed heritage eg Lucky Dube the reggae artist whose father was Zimbabwean. Chief Albert Lithuli of the ANC was born in Zimbabwe and was a ndebele yet he is one of south Africa's heroes

Even during Rhodesia whites like Man Smith had a kinship with SA and you can research it yourself that they saw SA as a big brother

_________________
Patience Africa (1976)- Bhula Sangoma
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ZDMLRbhtA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 14684
Location: Here
Samora Machel wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Why do Zimbabweans, Zambians and to some extent Malawians, throw Mozambiquezs into the mix, readily run to SA's defence?

Are South Africans your masters?
Because they do not readily run to Zimbabwe's rescue unless they want to exploit them. :taunt:
The reasons are usually steeped in history.
Look there for your answers

When I see a Gambian run to a Senegalese defence without question, I understand.
But this Southern African tendency to do so for SA is a bit puzzling.

It's like Senegal is a planet with a moon named the Gambia.
SA seems to have many moons.

BTW, how come Nigeria has no moons?
Even tiny Uganda has S. Sudan and Kenya among others. :D


You do realise ndebeles in Zimbabwe trace their roots to KwaZulu right and speak the same language? Can you not see the connection there? Never mind people in southern part of Zimbabwe like the Venda's. They are found on both sides of the border and Ramaphosa is a venda. Added to that are probably hundreds of thousands of South Africans and Zimbabweans with mixed heritage eg Lucky Dube the reggae artist whose father was Zimbabwean. Chief Albert Lithuli of the ANC was born in Zimbabwe and was a ndebele yet he is one of south Africa's heroes

Even during Rhodesia whites like Man Smith had a kinship with SA and you can research it yourself that they saw SA as a big brother

So SA are Zim's massa's...?
Why didn't you say this earlier? :taunt:

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group