Nigeria vs. Algeria - Afcon Semi Final Analysis

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria vs. Algeria - Afcon Semi Final Analysis

Post by Mister Dolly »

...let the thoughts and analysis commence. This will be a monumental clash between two of the best teams in this tourney so far.
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs. Algeria - Afcon Semi Final Analysis

Post by Mister Dolly »

Algeria always plays us tough but we are 5 wins to 1 loss in all competitions since 2002. I fancy our chances but we have to come correct with our tactics and strategy. For me they are the best North African team in this AFCON
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Battle of the defence and attack, Nigeria has to bring its A game, who do i think was made for this game? Musa! That is the man that will take Nigeria to the finals!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

I am not much of an analyst...
But confident that we can beat Algeria.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

CIV and Senegal exposed their defensive frailties on occasion, they are VERY DANGEROUS on the counter attack, so we should not give them that opportunity. This is a game where I see Musa and Samu thriving well cause their full backs are not very fast, it will be a battle of trickery between Mahrez vs Chukwueze... but our advantage is that the likes of Collins and Awaziem are very tough to get past, and Mahrez will be roughened up for sure.

Most importantly, if we are to win that game, we must be PSYCHED up 100% cause the match will witness some really dirty tactics by the Algerians (watch out for dives, VAR will hopefully come in handy here)... in all I'm very calm albeit cautiously confident we will beat Algeria a 2-1 or 3-2 margin...game won't go in the Extra time or PK shoot outs (mark my post for Sunday).
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Our full backs will have their hands full.

Critical, absolutely critical, that Ndidi is allowed to stay closer to the centre backs or they’ll gobble any space between midfield and back four, better than any team we’ve faced.

The good news: this won’t be the most mobile back four we’ve faced and if Musa and Chukwueze are encouraged to play closer to Ighalo, we should have a lot of joy.

Be prepared once again for sub 40% possession for the Eagles, for us to only press the CDs, for Iwobi to drop a bit deeper - almost alongside Etebo - to find clever balls to the front three.

I still think we’ll win this in a low scoring game, but our habit of at least one major defensive lapse per game might condemn us to a long night of extra time and penalties.
Last edited by waka-man on Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

waka-man wrote:Our full backs will have their hands full.

Critical, absolutely critical, that Ndidi is allowed to stay closer to the full backs or they’ll gobble any space between midfield and back four, better than any team we’ve faced.

The good news: this won’t be the most mobile back four we’ve faced and if Musa and Chukwueze are encouraged to play closer to Ighalo, we should have a lot of joy.

Be prepared once again for sub 40% possession for the Eagles, for us to only press the CDs, for Iwobi to drop a bit deeper - almost alongside Etebo - to find clever balls to the front three.

I still think we’ll win this in a low scoring game, but our habit of at least one major defensive lapse per game might condemn us to a long night of extra time and penalties.
4-0 is the expectation
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Gotti wrote:I am not much of an analyst...
:rotf:
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

Critical, absolutely critical, that Ndidi is allowed to stay closer to the full backs or they’ll gobble any space between midfield and back four, better than any team we’ve faced.

4-0 is the expectation
As long as it’s our favour, Amen!
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Just hope we can push up the defensive line a bit...and allow runners into the box...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

This is bad news
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Musa and Chukwuze must attack their fullbacks and must deliver good crosses or shoot on goal.
We have to watch for Belali and Mahrez. It is going to be a tough game. The game will be the final before the final. Whoever wins will win the cup. I think Nigeria can win, but I worry about Akpeyi.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

ANC wrote:This is bad news
Always knew you were not Nigerian
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Algérie post potent weapon is counter attack
However they play well as a team too. Côte d'Ivoire most dangerous plays were due indivual brillance including their goal.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Would rather Algeria than Senegal.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Nope. You can't leave your middle open. The help for the fullback must come from the wide forwards and also with Iwobi playing closer to Etebo/Ndidi than Ighalo. That closes most of the gaps defensively and allows for smother transition from defense to offense especially on the counter.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Will be our toughest game yet. A goal will probably separate both teams. I wish we had a better keeper though. One lapse at the back could cost us this game.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Btw, Algeria is much improved from the WCQ. They now have a functional football federation and seem better coached and more disciplined.
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

niyi wrote:Would rather Algeria than Senegal.
:evil: :twisted:
Senegal is still gonna be waiting for anybody in da finals... .plus they will be sooo hungry to win it all since it will be their first time !! :drool:
=================================================
Aaaaggghhh gaaaddammmnnn itt !! Wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

This will be a repeat of the 1980 AFCON final that was held at the main bowl of the Surulere National stadium.
NIGERIA 3 ALGERIA 0
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote:I am not much of an analyst...
Line-up our front three - Chukwueze, Muga and Ighalo - like we did in the game against South Africa and we will win the match.

Prediction: 2-1, Nigeria!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

green4life wrote:

Nope. You can't leave your middle open. The help for the fullback must come from the wide forwards and also with Iwobi playing closer to Etebo/Ndidi than Ighalo. That closes most of the gaps defensively and allows for smother transition from defense to offense especially on the counter.
Agree. Typo. Meant to say CDs. Edited.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:
ANC wrote:This is bad news
Always knew you were not Nigerian
That person has been predicting doom every game...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!