Nigeria vs. Algeria - Afcon Semi Final Analysis

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Nigeria vs. Algeria - Afcon Semi Final Analysis

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: una no know before say ANC no be naija boy? :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Mister Dolly wrote:...let the thoughts and analysis commence. This will be a monumental clash between two of the best teams in this tourney so far.
We have not lost to Algeria since the 1990 final in Algiers. A walkover after a 2-2 draw and given a 3-0 win for Naija fielding an ineligible player is not a win.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Only in CE do you get to analyze a game dem never play!

Cmoke
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote:This is bad news
For you!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kulu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kulu »

Nigeria can win what will likely be a very tough game, but whoever plays in goal will have to play the game of his life. Also, Nigeria needs to keep it simple.
"How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him. Please allow the man to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge". - French legend Alain Giresse on Nigeria's Shuaibu Amodu, 2010
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cmoke wrote:Only in CE do you get to analyze a game dem never play!

Cmoke
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well, we are fans and we are doing what fans of teams do. Secondly, we are not analyzing the game, we are 'predicting' it
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote:
For you!

:rotf:

Not you too.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

if Rohr is going to play Organized Football again, then sorry folks.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Balogun is too clumsy fir this kind of game so hope he sits this one out
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

jette1 wrote:Balogun is too clumsy fir this kind of game so hope he sits this one out

too bad is late for changes. Three Central Defenders and with wingbacks is actually the best formation for Nigeria. I used to think Troost is better, but Balogun is a more steady hand. Awaziem balogun and Omeruah, my choice. Then flanked by collins and aina. with Ndidi and Mikel doing their thing in the middle.
Last edited by ANC on Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
For you!

:rotf:

Not you too.
Na today?! With all the noise una make, we went to Algiers and outplayed them. Almost won too! And In Nigeria, we gather-brush them.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote:
jette1 wrote:Balogun is too clumsy fir this kind of game so hope he sits this one out

too bad is late for changes. Three Central Defenders and with wingbacks is actually the best formation for Nigeria. I used to think Troost is better, but Balogun is a more steady hand. Awesome balogun and Omeruah, my choice. Then flanked by collins and aina. with Ndidi and Mikel doing their thing in the middle.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Confused
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote:Confused
You certainly are. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote:
ANC wrote:Confused
You certainly are. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Whats with the funny clown hart ?
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Cmoke wrote:Only in CE do you get to analyze a game dem never play!

Cmoke
Bro, ever heard of "pre game analysis"?

:D :D :D
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

kulu wrote:Nigeria can win what will likely be a very tough game, but whoever plays in goal will have to play the game of his life. Also, Nigeria needs to keep it simple.
Hopefully the defence makes life easier for the goalkeeper.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

We most can certainly beat Algeria or any of the remaining teams. A lot will depend on tactics and luck quite honestly. Algeria has some awesome attacking players but so do we. Where they will struggle is the defense. They have lost their starting right back and their central defenders don't have much pace. If Ndidi and Etebo have a monster game, keep Mahrez and Fegholli quiet we will win.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Algeria get quite rough whenever they play us. It is because they have always had difficulty with our pace, skill, physicality and athleticism. Algerian players are not as strong as our SE. Too many examples in the past prove this. For this match, Gernot Rohr's 4-2-3-1 formation is the best because the strength of Ndidi and Etebo will feature heavily defensively with quick transitions launched by Iwobi. That 3rd goal against Cameroon remains a pure gem. Coaches studying us in this afcon will prepare for the pace of Musa and Chukwueze on the wings but prepare as you can, those guys present major difficulties. What I want is for Ighalo and Iwobi to read the crosses from the wingers and finish when the crosses come through. I believe Algeria will have their hands full against us and we will win.

2-nil to the SE. No penalties like in 1988.

[/video]
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Goldleaf wrote:Algeria get quite rough whenever they play us. It is because they have always had difficulty with our pace, skill, physicality and athleticism. Algerian players are not as strong as our SE. Too many examples in the past prove this. For this match, Gernot Rohr's 4-2-3-1 formation is the best because the strength of Ndidi and Etebo will feature heavily defensively with quick transitions launched by Iwobi. That 3rd goal against Cameroon remains a pure gem. Coaches studying us in this afcon will prepare for the pace of Musa and Chukwueze on the wings but prepare as you can, those guys present major difficulties. What I want is for Ighalo and Iwobi to read the crosses from the wingers and finish when the crosses come through. I believe Algeria will have their hands full against us and we will win.

2-nil to the SE. No penalties like in 1988.

[/video]
Chief, I'd like to see someone other than Ighalo lead the line. I am always surprised when he manages to score because he rarely finds space, and when he does he shoots at the goalkeeper.

My other hope is that we don't get the worthless Bamlak Tessema Weyesa as the referee. He let the Algerians get away with murder.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Bigpokey24 wrote::rotf: una no know before say ANC no be naija boy? :rotf:
:D
He is a New Biafran. :lol:
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Yes. You guys are right that our FBs will have their hands full. Mahrez is a tricky and intelligent winger, and Beliali is very fast and also a very good dribbler. Suprised he hasn't moved to Europe yet.

Won't be suprised if Rohr starts Simon again to provide cover for Awazeim. I wonder if this is the game Rohr breaks out the "beloved" 3-5-2. If he does, he can use Aina and Simon as WBs, and play a back 3 of Awazeim, Omeruo, and Ekong. 4-2-3-1 has been working so far, so he will probably go with that.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

olu wrote:Yes. You guys are right that our FBs will have their hands full. Mahrez is a tricky and intelligent winger, and Beliali is very fast and also a very good dribbler. Suprised he hasn't moved to Europe yet.

Won't be suprised if Rohr starts Simon again to provide cover for Awazeim. I wonder if this is the game Rohr breaks out the "beloved" 3-5-2. If he does, he can use Aina and Simon as WBs, and play a back 3 of Awazeim, Omeruo, and Ekong. 4-2-3-1 has been working so far, so he will probably go with that.
What will their full backs be doing, while ours have their hand's full?