Can someone please explain why Ighalo is still in the team.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

esosa
Egg
Egg
Can someone please explain why Ighalo is still in the team.

Post by esosa »

Please help me guys - I still dont understand Ighalo's value to this team. I have watched the matches and inspite of his recent goals - what on earth is he doing in that team. He constantly misses open goals and is even sometimes a liability when he goes to defend. Soccer experts - please help
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Can someone please explain why Ighalo is still in the te

Post by Robbynice »

If you have been watching this tournament and you have to be told what Ighalo brings to the table then it is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me.

Btw what open goals is Ighalo constantly missing? And I know you did not just say Ighalo is a liability as a defender...Fans sha...smdh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

First time i want to suggest a post threshold for thread openers. This is what happens when anybody can join and open a thread.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

esosa wrote:Please help me guys - I still dont understand Ighalo's value to this team. I have watched the matches and inspite of his recent goals - what on earth is he doing in that team. He constantly misses open goals and is even sometimes a liability when he goes to defend. Soccer experts - please help
Seriously if you have been watching the AFCON and still need verification on Ighalo's importance to this team, then no one can help you.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

esosa wrote:Please help me guys - I still dont understand Ighalo's value to this team. I have watched the matches and inspite of his recent goals - what on earth is he doing in that team. He constantly misses open goals and is even sometimes a liability when he goes to defend. Soccer experts - please help
First, Ighalo is not a 'defender', though everyone is suppose to defend in a team. Second, if you think Ighalo should not have been in this team, please who do you think should have been, in his place?

Luckily, it's just your opinion which means nothing, so ... let the coaches do their jobs and please, support our team. They are doing well, so far.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I still can't believe there are people out there still bashing Ighalo.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ugbowo wrote:First time i want to suggest a post threshold for thread openers. This is what happens when anybody can join and open a thread.
You no see the guy name? The guy na your brother. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

olu wrote:I still can't believe there are people out there still bashing Ighalo.
Maybe; just maybe, they are AGENTS and are still looking to 'squeeze' their clients into the team through the back-door :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Is this a personal matter or football related?Ighalos performance against the African Champions shows exactly why he's still playing,he was a marked man yesterday but that opened things up for others!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Is this a personal matter or football related?Ighalos performance against the African Champions shows exactly why he's still playing,he was a marked man yesterday but that opened things up for others!

True but ighalo has to be faster to connect to crosses from Musa and chukwueze.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the type of brains that rule Nigeria.
The movers and shakers of things in the land.
The big boys and gals of Nigeria, wanna know why a player, one of the best so far, is still in Egypt.

e go tey for Nigeria to turn around with this kin mind set :sad: :sad:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

He is still a wastepiple, he can score in pluto for all I care.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Hmmmm, could it be because he scored 3 of the 7 goals we've scored in this tournament so far?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Ighalo....is doing well in this tournament and should start...but on no grounds should he have played 90mins against SA...he wasn’t marked....he was just poor...

He tried s Cruyff turn, lost the ball and fell...ref ignored him. He was not quick enough to connect with Chukwueze’s pull back.

His contribution is immense so far.....the question is what are the back-up doing in SA if they can’t get a game?

We know that Onuacho is not yet ready...why was he picked? Oshimen.......

Do you know that we have a combined 35goals players on the bench and they are yet to touch the ball and we are struggling attacking wise....not Ighalo’s fault though
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Ighalo has 3 goals so far and husband still disrespected SMH what can Nigerian footballers do to please their fans?
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Problem ain’t Ighalo....no one has proven that they are better than him....but no one has been given a change either...no one is calling for Onuacho to play.....

Ighalo is great....how bad is Oshimen??
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enyi wrote:Problem ain’t Ighalo....no one has proven that they are better than him....but no one has been given a change either...no one is calling for Onuacho to play.....

Victor Osimhen is not bad. It boils down to the coach's preference. Ighalo is a handful.
Rohr mentioned that Osimhen is not strong on the ball and with his back at goal.
Rohr likes a CF that is good at hold up play. Something Ighalo excels at.

Again, it goes back to the 'dead rubber' game against Madagascar... why Osimhen wasn't played. :?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

How about being the highest scorer for Nigeria in the AFCON 2019 qualifiers and currently in the ongoing AFCON itself? Is that enough for you?
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Orion wrote:How about being the highest scorer for Nigeria in the AFCON 2019 qualifiers and currently in the ongoing AFCON itself? Is that enough for you?
Apparently that doesn’t count according to some people.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Musa would have score more goals by now and you can take that to the BANK. So would have Osihmen. This is a very valid question by OP but though slightly dumb, since you cannot change your team list while already in the tournament. :biggrin:
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Valid Question
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ugbowo wrote:First time i want to suggest a post threshold for thread openers. This is what happens when anybody can join and open a thread.
:rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Cellular wrote:
Enyi wrote:Problem ain’t Ighalo....no one has proven that they are better than him....but no one has been given a change either...no one is calling for Onuacho to play.....

Victor Osimhen is not bad. It boils down to the coach's preference. Ighalo is a handful.
Rohr mentioned that Osimhen is not strong on the ball and with his back at goal.
Rohr likes a CF that is good at hold up play. Something Ighalo excels at.

Again, it goes back to the 'dead rubber' game against Madagascar... why Osimhen wasn't played. :?

Per the underlined .. Hold Up play may be useful for a pressing team not a counter attacking team which is apparently what Rohr prefers ..

Ighalo is only a handful in the Chinese 2nd division he is as impotent as they come against real opposition