DID NIGERIA LOSE TO MADAGASCAR ON PURPOSE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
DID NIGERIA LOSE TO MADAGASCAR ON PURPOSE

Post by jette1 »

Now that it is all said and done and semi finalist set. There is rumor circulating that the much derided loss to Madagascar was after all a well hatched plan by Nigeria to take a different route to the semifinal because it did not want to play host nation Egypt
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: DID NIGERIA LOSE TO MADAGASCAR ON PURPOSE

Post by ANC »

jette1 wrote:Now that it is all said and done and semi finalist set. There is rumor circulating that the much derided loss to Madagascar was after all a well hatched plan by Nigeria to take a different route to the semifinal because it did not want to play host nation Egypt

This is why many people do not consider math their favorite subject...it involves logic.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

jette1 wrote:Now that it is all said and done and semi finalist set. There is rumor circulating that the much derided loss to Madagascar was after all a well hatched plan by Nigeria to take a different route to the semifinal because it did not want to play host nation Egypt
Of Course......Because they knew SA will beat them....the same logic that SE sat back against SA to control the game without possession.....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Why would we lose on purpose to avoid Egypt and potentially meet Senegal? (A better team than Egypt)? We simply fielded our second team and lost to the better team on that day. I don’t know why it’s so hard to comprehend
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Simple, losing to Madagascar placed Nigeria in the same bracket as Egypt.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ANC wrote:Simple, losing to Madagascar placed Nigeria in the same bracket as Egypt.
Unbelievable that he's this dumb. CE is ruined. :(
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
ANC wrote:Simple, losing to Madagascar placed Nigeria in the same bracket as Egypt.

dude its not that serious. Are you in transition?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Erm, Nigeria had less chance of meeting Egypt if they beat Madagascar, it’s only because South Africa surprisingly beat Egypt that we didn’t play them,Madagascar ended playing the route that avoided Egypt as group winners!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ANC wrote:
This is why many people do not consider math their favorite subject...it involves logic.
Honestly, I don't know what Jette1 is saying. Maybe there is a 'typo' in his statement or comment somewhere in the thread
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

john12 wrote:Why would we lose on purpose to avoid Egypt and potentially meet Senegal? (A better team than Egypt)? We simply fielded our second team and lost to the better team on that day. I don’t know why it’s so hard to comprehend
Bros, but if we had won, we would have taken the route of meeting Senegal. In all, I am not saying 'Jette1' is correct, though. I am only saying there seems to be a mistake in your post, unless I misunderstood what you meant.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Your reasoning does not add up or make sense. Why would Nigeria lose on purpose and be placed in arguably the most difficult bracket in the round of sixteen? A bracket that boasts a total of thirteen ANC winners... EGYPT (7), Cameroon (5), and South Africa (1). If you add Nigeria that will make sixteen winners. Why would anybody want to take death head on?
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Abbey wrote:
Your reasoning does not add up or make sense. Why would Nigeria lose on purpose and be placed in arguably the most difficult bracket in the round of sixteen? A bracket that boasts a total of thirteen ANC winners... EGYPT (7), Cameroon (5), and South Africa (1). If you add Nigeria that will make sixteen winners. Why would anybody want to take death head on?

Now that you put it that way, they just may have plotted it like that. History tends to repeat itself. Nigeria didn't wanna be in the losers bracket, I mean same bracket as slackstars?
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

But Jette.... :oops: :cry:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Abbey wrote:
Now that is how to respond unlike alot in CE. Measured, doesn't resort to name calling and insults. This epitomizes real intelligence
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

highbury wrote:
Abbey wrote:
Now that is how to respond unlike alot in CE. Measured, doesn't resort to name calling and insults. This epitomizes real intelligence

Not really, because his argument is weak.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Our loss to Madagascar will be one of the greatest mysteries of Nigerian football.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Modsssssss!!!

Threads like this embarrass us!

Losing to Madagascar literally put us and Egypt on the same side of the bracket.

Jesu!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ANC wrote:

It’s actually the other way round bro; math thrives on its own sets of established logic while disregarding others logic - ie called rigidity. In real world where real people operate irigidity of logic is functionally cultural, fluid, relative and appreciated. Like math all systems are efficient on their own sets of rules and that doesn’t necessarily make them logical either when exposed to independent variables
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."