Getting A Goalkeeper Should Be A Priority

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Egg
Egg
Getting A Goalkeeper Should Be A Priority

Post by 404 »

Nigeria’s priority after AFCON 2019 should be identifying and securing at least 3 decent goalkeepers. The Super Eagles weakest department is in the goalkeeping department. None of the present goalkeepers inspire confidence. Our weakness in the goalkeeping department is like a sore thumb! I just don’t understand why we cannot secure one decent goalkeeper. Akpeyi had one ball on target and he let it in because of poor positioning. The guy inspires no confidence...it will be a different proposition if we meet a team that has more balls on target. I blame Rohr for not upgrading the goalkeeping department and sticking with what I can only describe as goalkeepers that just don’t make the grade!
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg
Re: Getting A Goalkeeper Should Be A Priority

Post by nzeogwu »

No worries bro. We will seal the deal on Okoye, Okonkwo and give the guy in Croatia a try.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

There's a German Naija boy, rohr had in mind for this Afcon, but he got hurt
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

404 wrote:Nigeria’s priority after AFCON 2019 should be identifying and securing at least 3 decent goalkeepers. The Super Eagles weakest department is in the goalkeeping department. None of the present goalkeepers inspire confidence. Our weakness in the goalkeeping department is like a sore thumb! I just don’t understand why we cannot secure one decent goalkeeper. Akpeyi had one ball on target and he let it in because of poor positioning. The guy inspires no confidence...it will be a different proposition if we meet a team that has more balls on target. I blame Rohr for not upgrading the goalkeeping department and sticking with what I can only describe as goalkeepers that just don’t make the grade!
Have you been following the goalkeeper story at all?
If there is one position that has generated concern and debate above all others it is the GK dept.
Sounds like you are expecting him to work miracles by manufacturing a GK out of his a$$.

I doubt there is any one single position Rohr has expressed a public opinion on more than his GKs! :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

:lol: :lol: "Brazil do not do goalkeeper in the past until recently" PELE

the best form of defense is to attack constantly, i am of the opinion that Naija GK department is good enough but can be improved upon// none of the GKs should be shorter than 1.88m :thumb: ..

Isn't Akpereyi taller than any of the remaining GKs? :P
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Yes it should. There's no guarantee that the likes of Arthur Okonkwo or Maduka Okoye will come good, but we need to try other options. Finding other AM options should also be a priority. Iwobi can't play every game.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

nzeogwu wrote:No worries bro. We will seal the deal on Okoye, Okonkwo and give the guy in Croatia a try.

we have in our local league
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

404 wrote:Nigeria’s priority after AFCON 2019 should be identifying and securing at least 3 decent goalkeepers. The Super Eagles weakest department is in the goalkeeping department. None of the present goalkeepers inspire confidence. Our weakness in the goalkeeping department is like a sore thumb! I just don’t understand why we cannot secure one decent goalkeeper. Akpeyi had one ball on target and he let it in because of poor positioning. The guy inspires no confidence...it will be a different proposition if we meet a team that has more balls on target. I blame Rohr for not upgrading the goalkeeping department and sticking with what I can only describe as goalkeepers that just don’t make the grade!
Kpom!

He has ZERO command of his area.

He is like the opposite of Ezenwa (don't know if it is bad or good) in terms of reading the game and coming out... sometimes it is a good thing but most times it betrays a lack of awareness.

That headed goal got me pissed off. Pissed off that he did not challenge the header.

All said and done, i am glad he hasn't faced clear cut chances.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Cellular wrote:
Kpom!

He is like the opposite of Ezenwa (don't know if it is bad or good) in terms of reading the game and coming out... sometimes it is a good thing but most times it betrays a lack of awareness.

That headed goal got me pissed off. Pissed off that he did not challenge the header.

He probably thought it was offside just like the rest of the players and the rest of us watching on TV. I didn't think he made a bad decision on that play.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Kpom!

He probably thought it was offside just like the rest of the players and the rest of us watching on TV. I didn't think he made a bad decision on that play.
You have gotta be kidding me! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Babs, you are too intelligent for this comment. abeg! Have you ever heard "you play to the whistle??" This is how teams end up losing based on a player's stupidity. WTH!!!?? He probably thought it was offside! And so what?? even if the man is 500 yards offside, you get to the ball, put it under your control before you give a dammn about whether it is offside or not. Come on! Abeg!!!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Robbynice wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Kpom!

Lai-lai.
That woulda been an afterthought.
He was out of position, truth be told. :idea:
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

Robin Udegbe of KFC Uerdingen in the German 3rd Liga, expressed interest to represent Nigeria. At 28, he may be a better option today, while the coaches work with Okoye, Osigwe and Uzoho for the future.
Every soul shall taste of death. And you shall be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which you have fairly earned. Whoever is removed from the fire of Hell and is made to enter the Garden, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is nothing but the comfort of illusion – Quran 3: 185
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The Observer wrote:Robin Udegbe of KFC Uerdingen in the German 3rd Liga, expressed interest to represent Nigeria. At 28, he may be a better option today, while the coaches work with Okoye, Osigwe and Uzoho for the future.
Heard about him, seems a decent prospect. We should definitely look to cap Okoye, Nwokolor, Alampasu, and Osigwe for the future...
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Damunk wrote:
Have you been following the goalkeeper story at all?
If there is one position that has generated concern and debate above all others it is the GK dept.
Sounds like you are expecting him to work miracles by manufacturing a GK out of his a$$.

I doubt there is any one single position Rohr has expressed a public opinion on more than his GKs! :idea:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Not easy to be a GK. Know the game before complaining..
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

The prospect of us fielding a 28 year old goalie in the German 3rd division does not make me excited.
The Observer wrote:Robin Udegbe of KFC Uerdingen in the German 3rd Liga, expressed interest to represent Nigeria. At 28, he may be a better option today, while the coaches work with Okoye, Osigwe and Uzoho for the future.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Cameroon has so many. I am sure some of them would likely be from Ambazzonia
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:Cameroon has so many. I am sure some of them would likely be from Ambazzonia
I think FIFA allows for a player to trace his roots back as far as a grandparent.
There will be many western Cameroonians of Nigerian descent
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I still have a lot of hope for Uzoho and Alampasu. Arsenal Okonkwo should also be on the list. We should also look at the local league. Not just the first division. Also heard some good things about Jonathan Zacalla. I am disappointed in the progress of Akpan Udoh and Emanuel Daniel.

[/video]
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

When are you going to start the manufacturing process?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

ohenhen1 wrote:I still have a lot of hope for Uzoho and Alampasu. Arsenal Okonkwo should also be on the list. We should also look at the local league. Not just the first division. Also heard some good things about Jonathan Zacalla. I am disappointed in the progress of Akpan Udoh and Emanuel Daniel.

[/video]
Wow. We'll be set for 15 years if we get this guy
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

niyi wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:I still have a lot of hope for Uzoho and Alampasu. Arsenal Okonkwo should also be on the list. We should also look at the local league. Not just the first division. Also heard some good things about Jonathan Zacalla. I am disappointed in the progress of Akpan Udoh and Emanuel Daniel.

[/video]
Wow. We'll be set for 15 years if we get this guy
Kai we need to get this boy o, Waffi abeg hope you are on the job!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!