Nigeria vs. Algeria - Afcon Semi Final Analysis

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs. Algeria - Afcon Semi Final Analysis

Post by Tobi17 »

Watch how Mahrez will look like a little biatch when he comes up against Collins or Awaziem, no soft pedaling this time cause it's the Semi's.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
olu wrote:Yes. You guys are right that our FBs will have their hands full. Mahrez is a tricky and intelligent winger, and Beliali is very fast and also a very good dribbler. Suprised he hasn't moved to Europe yet.

Won't be suprised if Rohr starts Simon again to provide cover for Awazeim. I wonder if this is the game Rohr breaks out the "beloved" 3-5-2. If he does, he can use Aina and Simon as WBs, and play a back 3 of Awazeim, Omeruo, and Ekong. 4-2-3-1 has been working so far, so he will probably go with that.
What will their full backs be doing, while ours have their hand's full?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I know we get on him, but Musa's speed na yam? Chuckwueze's skill na yam? It will be a good battle, may the best team win!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
olu wrote:Yes. You guys are right that our FBs will have their hands full. Mahrez is a tricky and intelligent winger, and Beliali is very fast and also a very good dribbler. Suprised he hasn't moved to Europe yet.

Won't be suprised if Rohr starts Simon again to provide cover for Awazeim. I wonder if this is the game Rohr breaks out the "beloved" 3-5-2. If he does, he can use Aina and Simon as WBs, and play a back 3 of Awazeim, Omeruo, and Ekong. 4-2-3-1 has been working so far, so he will probably go with that.

I know we get on him, but Musa's speed na yam? Chuckwueze's skill na yam? It will be a good battle, may the best team win!
WTH???!! Absolutely NOT! May Nigeria win! Whether we are the better, the worse, or it's equal.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

NO O
May NIGERIA WIN
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

waka-man wrote:Our full backs will have their hands full.

Critical, absolutely critical, that Ndidi is allowed to stay closer to the centre backs or they’ll gobble any space between midfield and back four, better than any team we’ve faced.

The good news: this won’t be the most mobile back four we’ve faced and if Musa and Chukwueze are encouraged to play closer to Ighalo, we should have a lot of joy.

Be prepared once again for sub 40% possession for the Eagles, for us to only press the CDs, for Iwobi to drop a bit deeper - almost alongside Etebo - to find clever balls to the front three.

I still think we’ll win this in a low scoring game, but our habit of at least one major defensive lapse per game might condemn us to a long night of extra time and penalties.
Close to igahlo? And how? When musa is on gear 5 , Chukwueze is on gear 6 , what gear is igahlo on? When u have a stagnant player using his back all the time the Algerians will have more time to attack us when he is dispossessed.

Musa should strike and chukwueze and kalu should be no the wings.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

WTH???!! Absolutely NOT! May Nigeria win! Whether we are the better, the worse, or it's equal.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

blueangel wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

NO O
May NIGERIA WIN
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

osita wrote:Close to igahlo? And how? When musa is on gear 5 , Chukwueze is on gear 6 , what gear is igahlo on? When u have a stagnant player using his back all the time the Algerians will have more time to attack us when he is dispossessed.

Personally, and with all due respect to Ighalo, I would start Osimhen.
I might be succumbing to racial stereotyping but I don't think the Algerians are anything near as physical a threat to Osimhen as are the west and central African teams.
If he can deal with the physical threat in Europe, then he should be fine against the N Africans.

He is far more mobile, faster and has quicker reaction time than Ighalo.
So Musa and Chkwueze will have someone keeping up with them, able and ready to react.

The only thing IMHO that Ighalo has over Osimhen is physical strength and 'experience' - neither of which is an absolute prerequisite for starting.

If he starts and isn't coping then we have Ighalo waiting.

I say bring on Victor!!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

We have good wingers too. The FBs of both teams will be very busy on Sunday.
danfo driver wrote:

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

What worries me about our team is we seem content to let teams have the ball, soak up pressure, and hit them on the counter. We still struggle to maintain possession and our build up play from the back still needs to improve. Holding on to the ball sometimes is the best way to take pressure off your defenders. I hope Algeria doesn't punish us on Sunday for allowing them too much possession.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

olu wrote:What worries me about our team is we seem content to let teams have the ball, soak up pressure, and hit them on the counter. We still struggle to maintain possession and our build up play from the back still needs to improve. Holding on to the ball sometimes is the best way to take pressure off your defenders. I hope Algeria doesn't punish us on Sunday for allowing them too much possession.
The key is tactical discipline, possession doesn't mean anything.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

osita wrote:
waka-man wrote:Our full backs will have their hands full.

Critical, absolutely critical, that Ndidi is allowed to stay closer to the centre backs or they’ll gobble any space between midfield and back four, better than any team we’ve faced.

The good news: this won’t be the most mobile back four we’ve faced and if Musa and Chukwueze are encouraged to play closer to Ighalo, we should have a lot of joy.

Be prepared once again for sub 40% possession for the Eagles, for us to only press the CDs, for Iwobi to drop a bit deeper - almost alongside Etebo - to find clever balls to the front three.

I still think we’ll win this in a low scoring game, but our habit of at least one major defensive lapse per game might condemn us to a long night of extra time and penalties.
Close to igahlo? And how? When musa is on gear 5 , Chukwueze is on gear 6 , what gear is igahlo on? When u have a stagnant player using his back all the time the Algerians will have more time to attack us when he is dispossessed.

How? Like our first goal against SA. See where Samu is in relation to Ighalo? That’s what created the goal. In the box, first ball in, defence will look to deal with Ighalo. You only get the benefits of that as a 2nd or wide forward if you too are in the box to profit.

How? Like our 2nd goal again Cameroon. The proximity of Musa and Ighalo by itself creates all kind of confusion for Cameroon.

The fact is it is exactly their pace that allows them to get close to Ighalo. It’s the crucial unlock for our attack and the main reason Rohr wants Ndidi playing deeper so the full backs can provide the width when we have possession and the the wide forwards can get in the box.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

You people don start, Algeria is the most complete and attacking /defensive team in Afcon , with 10 goals and 1 against...that Rohr, lost to Madagascar a team Tunisia destroyed...the middle of the month is near, Rohr is almostngone...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:You people don start, Algeria is the most complete and attacking /defensive team in Afcon , with 10 goals and 1 against...that Rohr, lost to Madagascar a team Tunisia destroyed...the middle of the month is near, Rohr is almostngone...
If I say make we bet now say Naija go beat Algeria you go go MIA, same way you were so sure we will lose against Cameroon and SA, we know know how that ended... now you don change tone (I wonder what your next excuse will be when we beat Algeria on Sunday)? Una no dey tire to dey take all these L's already? The same Algeria people say had the best defense yesterday saw CIV easily exposing/breaching them on several occasions, and would have scored more if they were clinical enough. They have the best attacking team, you would have thought Algeria had a bunch of Maldini's defending for them ... yeah where were those world class players when we destroyed them in Abuja back in the WCQ and almost beat them at their own backyard in the return leg? what you clowns fail to realize is that football isn't 2+2=4...its a game of dynamics and variables. Algeria should be more worried what the likes of Musa Chukwueze, Ndidi, Iwobi will do to them as well.. Let me see what your next justification will be when he beat them and head to the final.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Tobi17 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:You people don start, Algeria is the most complete and attacking /defensive team in Afcon , with 10 goals and 1 against...that Rohr, lost to Madagascar a team Tunisia destroyed...the middle of the month is near, Rohr is almostngone...
If I say make we bet now say Naija go beat Algeria you go go MIA, same way you were so sure we will lose against Cameroon and SA, we know know how that ended... now you don change tone (I wonder what your next excuse will be when we beat Algeria on Sunday)? Una no dey tire to dey take all these L's already? The same Algeria people say had the best defense yesterday saw CIV easily exposing/breaching them on several occasions, and would have scored more if they were clinical enough. They have the best attacking team, you would have thought Algeria had a bunch of Maldini's defending for them ... yeah where were those world class players when we destroyed them in Abuja back in the WCQ and almost beat them at their own backyard in the return leg? what you clowns fail to realize is that football isn't 2+2=4...its a game of dynamics and variables. Algeria should be more worried what the likes of Musa Chukwueze, Ndidi, Iwobi will do to them as well.. Let me see what your next justification will be when he beat them and head to the final.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

No be the same ALgeria all these 'Cyber with No football knowledge ' people dey scream say they would beat us for World Cup Qualification ?????
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I have seen and watched both teams....Algeria is the better coached team....hiding and being bailed by your individual players can help vs poor teams like SA and Cameroon.....

Rohr has reached his intellectual coaching limit

They've seen what yall refuse to see
SuperEagles

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I have seen and watched both teams....Algeria is the better coached team....hiding and being bailed by your individual players can help vs poor teams like SA and Cameroon.....

Now SA and Cameroon are poor teams SMH :rotf: , na so you go dey shift goal post until you carry net enter your house. I'm not even Rohr's biggest fan in the least, but I'm classy and honest enough to give him his dues and credit. Punditry, opinions, favorite tags don't do the talking on the green grass(I'm even glad Nigeria isn't the favorite, we always fucck up whenever we burdened with the favorite tag... now less pressure on the boys to cause some "upsets"). At the end, it's 11 vs 11 men and a ball that will do the talking. Hope you'll be cooking another half-assed excuse come Sunday when Algeria get beaten.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

History always repeats itself...88 Cameroon won Afcon 90 Algeria won Afcon ....2017 Cameroon won Afcon 2019 Algeria ...

NIgeria wins Afcon only when Cameroon are missing
SuperEagles

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Nigeria have the advantage over Algeria, we had one day's extra rest and they also played into extra time losing 2 players especially Feghouli, who are out of the tournament.
We outplayed them home and away in the WCQs and that will prey on their minds.
I am happy
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

This Algeria team is much better then the team we beat in the WCQs. They have several new players and a much better coach.
Dammy wrote:Nigeria have the advantage over Algeria, we had one day's extra rest and they also played into extra time losing 2 players especially Feghouli, who are out of the tournament.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

olu wrote:This Algeria team is much better then the team we beat in the WCQs. They have several new players and a much better coach.
Dammy wrote:Nigeria have the advantage over Algeria, we had one day's extra rest and they also played into extra time losing 2 players especially Feghouli, who are out of the tournament.
Didn't Cameroon have better players than when we played them in the WCQ? An argument can even be made for them having a better coach now than when we played them then but then wetin small pikin like me know...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I have seen and watched both teams....Algeria is the better coached team....hiding and being bailed by your individual players can help vs poor teams like SA and Cameroon.....

BP is right. Algeria is a better team in this competition except we don`t want to be honest with ourselves.
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The Algerian team might be better coached, but there is no way Algeria has better players than Nigeria. Aside Mahrez, which other Algerian player is better than what we have? Una too dey fear :rotf: