I can see why some of our players fail to get big club moves

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I can see why some of our players fail to get big club m

Post by Dammy »

Confederations Cup has been cancelled by FIFA.
I am happy
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Failed?????????????????????????????????

It's not by force to open a thread you know :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Some of the lame excuses several of you guys come up with are just pathetic. We have set the bar so low in all we do, it is no surprise Nigeria remains under-developed.
Like Rabiu Ibrahim and Nwakali :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
olu wrote:Harsh thread. Every world-class player has a weakness. If you want to be picky you can always find a flaw in a good player.
Why should we not aim for perfection?
Like Argentina right :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

olu wrote:Let me pull an Ayo. The following are not world class for the following reasons:

Marcelo gets caught out of position when he overlaps.

Pique is too slow.

Robben can't use his right foot.

Ramos makes unnecessary fouls and gets too many cards.

Players aren't perfect.
They are not Africans :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Nigerian fans get carried away with victories but some of us who watch the games microscopically, can see some of the flaws in our players, which big European clubsides latch on to. It is easy to see why many of our players are not playing for the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City, Liverpool, etc

[2] Ola Aina is simply too easy to beat as a defender

[3] Jamiu Collins does not provide enough of a threat going forward

[4] Kenneth Omeruo is too weak in the air

[5] William Ekong's distribution is woeful

[6] Oghene Etebo commits too many fouls in dangerous areas

[7] Wilfred Ndidi, arguably our best player does not impose himself enough on games as he should do

[8] Samuel Chukwueze needs to work on using his right foot

[9] Odion Ighalo is simply not consistent enough

[10] Alex Iwobi has got to make the transition into a player who delivers his best week-in-week-out. On his day he is super but hey, he needs to but in such performances every week.
Did you see the 70 million euros player, De Light, gift England a goal in the European Nations Cup SF? Point is no player is infallible. They all make mistakes.
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Nigerian fans get carried away with victories but some of us who watch the games microscopically, can see some of the flaws in our players, which big European clubsides latch on to. It is easy to see why many of our players are not playing for the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City, Liverpool, etc

[7] Wilfred Ndidi, arguably our best player does not impose himself enough on games as he should do

[10] Alex Iwobi has got to make the transition into a player who delivers his best week-in-week-out. On his day he is super but hey, he needs to but in such performances every week.
Did you see the 70 million euros player, De Light, gift England a goal in the European Nations Cup SF? Point is no player is infallible. They all make mistakes.
Now and again yes but our players do it all match long. When I look at how many needless fouls we committed around our penalty area against South Africa, I shudder.

If we do that against quality sides like Brazil, Germany, Spain, Italy, England, Belgium, Argentina, etc what do you think will happen? So far, we have not faced a genuine free kick expert but what happens when we do?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Now and again yes but our players do it all match long. When I look at how many needless fouls we committed around our penalty area against South Africa, I shudder.

If we do that against quality sides like Brazil, Germany, Spain, Italy, England, Belgium, Argentina, etc what do you think will happen? So far, we have not faced a genuine free kick expert but what happens when we do?
You cant really compare the African game to the Europeans or South Americans, looking at the state of play at the nations cup, it is pretty average, maybe we will see some good football at the semi-finals

As far as quality of players is concerned, they are a notch below anything we see in European football, these are just facts based on what i have seen so far, we cannot compete with the European heavyweights like France, Germany, Belgium, Croatia, Spain, even England who have never lost a competitive match to any African side at senior level!, we have a way to go
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

marko wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:

You cant really compare the African game to the Europeans or South Americans, looking at the state of play at the nations cup, it is pretty average, maybe we will see some good football at the semi-finals

As far as quality of players is concerned, they are a notch below anything we see in European football, these are just facts based on what i have seen so far, we cannot compete with the European heavyweights like France, Germany, Belgium, Croatia, Spain, even England who have never lost a competitive match to any African side at senior level!, we have a way to go
Sometimes I wonder how u come to ur logic...

AFCON....showcases the following players....

Salah
Mane
Ndidi
Gueye
Kessie
Partey

And many more.....

Do you see any of the above players going for £50million plus? Man united are about to pay £50m for longstaff after 4 games playing for Newcastle....

In the same position, Ndidi and Gueye are cleaning the slate with any stat u look yet not one of the so called big teams are bidding £50m for them and you think it is purely in talent?

Issues are (take from someone that encounters the same obstacles every time)

1. Cultural & professionalism.....Africans don’t stay back and practice more. Nothing against them, but the likes of long staff will....so he is dedicated!! Black guy laughing around- average performance - unprofessional

2. Bad Press......is he really 20yrs old....even Mikel had same issues but Sir Alex had to vouch for him and when he ended up in London, he felt like killing him....

3. Work permit....explains itself

And many more obstacles to jump over before “u make it” thus why I respect them immensely...
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Our talented boys need to up their game. If Mane, Sallah, Mahrez, Keita, etc can do it, so too can our Eagles.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Our talented boys need to up their game. If Mane, Sallah, Mahrez, Keita, etc can do it, so too can our Eagles.
Can do what exactly?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Well Ayo Akinfe called this absolutely correct and myself as well! Now Man city beat Nigeria via Mahrez, thats the difference in quality and playing at the highest levels

Our players are way too average at this level, thank goodness we could use the usual excuse of biased referee and VAR, Algeria deserved to win hands down, we were lucky with that penalty, like i always said, i cannot expect a disorganised country to play good football! It does not add up

We need to go back to the drawing board and look for talent, what we have on display does not cut it at this level
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

danfo driver wrote:The biggest reason is dumbness -- A/K/A decision-making. When scouts go out to watch you, that is one of the most important things they take into consideration.
Their African heritage ensures the first two letters, C-L, are already written into the report before the ball’s been kicked. Self-fulfilling prophecy follows. Ndidi ‘clumsy’.