20 observations I would like to make about the loss

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
20 observations I would like to make about the loss

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

(1) Our main problem is that there simply was not enough talent in this squad

(2) We have a goalkeeping crisis

(3) Awaziem does not offer enough of an attacking threat going forward and has his defensive frailties too

(4) Collins is no Babayaro or Udeze

(5) Ekong’s distribution is woeful

(6) Omeruo is weak in the air and suffers terrible lapses in concentration

(7) Ndidi gives too many free kicks away in dangerous areas

(8)Etebo loses the ball too often

(9) Ighalo does not impose himself on games

(10) Musa is a one-dimensional player

(11) Chukwueze is good but he is easy to read

(12) Having said all that, Rohr could make the team play better by ending his fixation for certain players. For me, things might have been different if Uzoho, Aina, Mikel and Onyekuru started in place of Akpeyi, Awaziem, Etebo and Musa

(13) As we World Cup qualifiers start, I take hope from the fact that Uzoho, Ebuehi and Osimhen should be back making the team tick better

(14) I also expect Collins and Chukwueze to improve with time

(15) Our biggest problem, however, remains that we have no real class in central midfield. We need a youngster of Mikel’s calibre playing alongside Ndidi

(16) Yesterday, the Algerians preventing us from hitting all those diagonal balls which were so effective against South Africa. That was just a lack of talent

(17) Maybe playing 3-5-2 would have helped with Aina and Collins providing width

(18) We have the nucleus of a team but are about three players short

(19) Our biggest asset for now remains Iwobi. He gives me hope going forward

(20) I do not trust our NFF to get it right if they fire Rohr. It may take them a year to get a replacement or they may end up with someone worse. For now, I would keep him until au have say a Mourinho, Wenger, Bielsa, etc signed up and ready to take over
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: 20 observations I would like to make about the loss

Post by john12 »

Story story story we lost to a better team with QUALITY. cannot fault the players or coach because water always find its level. Ask yourself how many of our players can score that mahrez goal
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:(1) Our main problem is that there simply was not enough talent in this squad

(3) Awaziem does not offer enough of an attacking threat going forward and has his defensive frailties too

(12) Having said all that, Rohr could make the team play better by ending his fixation for certain players. For me, things might have been different if Uzoho, Aina, Mikel and Onyekuru started in place of Akpeyi, Awaziem, Etebo and Musa

(13) As we World Cup qualifiers start, I take hope from the fact that Uzoho, Ebuehi and Osimhen should be back making the team tick better

(15) Our biggest problem, however, remains that we have no real class in central midfield. We need a youngster of Mikel’s calibre playing alongside Ndidi

(16) Yesterday, the Algerians preventing us from hitting all those diagonal balls which were so effective against South Africa. That was just a lack of talent

(17) Maybe playing 3-5-2 would have helped with Aina and Collins providing width

(20) I do not trust our NFF to get it right if they fire Rohr. It may take them a year to get a replacement or they may end up with someone worse. For now, I would keep him until au have say a Mourinho, Wenger, Bielsa, etc signed up and ready to take over
We need Nwakali, Lukman Haruna and Rabiu Ibrahim in the team!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damn from 10 to 20 pointers, Sh1t just got serious :rotf:
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:(1) Our main problem is that there simply was not enough talent in this squad

I agree with everything you wrote except a Mourinho, Wenger etc which is wishful thinking. Going forward we should be realistic.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

We dont have the talent, if we did, Nigeria will be in the final, someone said this team better than 1994 team, that in itself was an insult! This team is average, i think getting to semi final flattered to deceive, either that or the African game is still pretty average! Watch how Europeans will tear Algeria apart
We just dont cut it at this level
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

wanaj0 wrote: We need Nwakali, Lukman Haruna and Rabiu Ibrahim in the team!
Wanaj0, what makes you think these players or people you listed are better than those we already have in the team?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

On that display, Iwobi should be sent for a cranial MRI, to exclude a hamster in a wheel having displaced his brain.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Odas wrote:
Wanaj0, what makes you think these players or people you listed are better than those we already have in the team?
Nwakali as a creative playmaker is better than any player in that team. In hindsight he should've been included over one of the other attackers.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

theYemster wrote:
Odas wrote:
Nwakali as a creative playmaker is better than any player in that team. In hindsight he should've been included over one of the other attackers.
U are funny....watched Nwakali train with the likes of Saka and co and the guy looked like he was lost....

Ayo has 20points....and every single one of them is wrong.....

The problem is Rohr simple....

If you can’t find a space in your team for 35goals but decide to go with Musa and Moses....u have no business coaching a national team...

For Fock sake this African teams not the World Cup.... with the players we have, u should be hammering the likes of Madagascar, Burundi and Guinea....38% possession against South Africa...with their Messi, Aguero and Neymar...

This is not just Nigeria...every single team in this competition....poor poor apart from Cameroon that has reactive coaches just not the talent
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Moving forward, I think we can build on this when the World Cup qualifiers start. From what I can see, the players Rohr has are best suited to 3-5-2:

**************Osimhen*************Onyekuru**************

******************************Iwobi***************************

****************Ndidi****************Nwakalai**************

***Collins******************************************Ebuehi***

********Omeruo*********Ekong*********Awaziem***********

******************************Uzoho****************************

Subs
Alampasu
Aina
Abdullahi
Etebo
Chukwueze
Kalu
Onuachu

It is not brimming with world class talent but should be able to get to say the quarter finals of the World Cup. However, Rohr needs to stop playing games and bit the bullet.

He has to summon the courage to let go of some of his favourites. Many of the players on that list need playing time to enable them improve a lot.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Moving forward, I think we can build on this when the World Cup qualifiers start. From what I can see, the players Rohr has are best suited to 3-5-2:

**************Osimhen*************Onyekuru**************

******************************Iwobi***************************

****************Ndidi****************Nwakalai**************

***Collins******************************************Ebuehi***

********Omeruo*********Ekong*********Awaziem***********

******************************Uzoho****************************

Subs
Alampasu
Aina
Abdullahi
Etebo
Chukwueze
Kalu
Onuachu

It is not brimming with world class talent but should be able to get to say the quarter finals of the World Cup. However, Rohr needs to stop playing games and bit the bullet.

He has to summon the courage to let go of some of his favourites. Many of the players on that list need playing time to enable them improve a lot.
Not going to insult you but the amount of Rubbish that you post is bewildering.....

When last did u see Nwakali play?
What team is Awaziem playing for next season?
So Collins that can’t pass a ball forward is now a wing back?
After Onuacho’s excellent AFCON.....he is now above Ighalo....

U have issues...
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

wanaj0 wrote:

We need Nwakali, Lukman Haruna and Rabiu Ibrahim in the team!
You left out Juwon Oshaniwa. How could you?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

marko wrote:We dont have the talent, if we did, Nigeria will be in the final, someone said this team better than 1994 team, that in itself was an insult! This team is average, i think getting to semi final flattered to deceive, either that or the African game is still pretty average! Watch how Europeans will tear Algeria apart
We just dont cut it at this level
Have you read the book "Talent is Overrated"
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

We lost because of our mistakes. Yes the team with most mistakes is likely to get punished.
An Own Goal and a free kick given away cost us the match.
I personally think Rohr cannot utilize our players with modern tactics of the game. He strikes me as "old school" in a modern game, both with his tactics and lack reliance on set of players
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

john12 wrote:Story story story we lost to a better team with QUALITY. cannot fault the players or coach because water always find its level. Ask yourself how many of our players can score that mahrez goal
Ah, finally a voice of reason!!! The Algerian team was a lot better than us. It is a sad truth we all must accept. On that free kick at the last minute, there was nothing the keeper could do. I don't even think Enyema or Nkono could have stopped it.

We lost, let's learn from it and move on.

Cheers!!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Tobi17 wrote:Damn from 10 to 20 pointers, Sh1t just got serious :rotf:
Ayo forgot to blame the heat too.

:rotf: :rotf: This one hurts. :rotf: :rotf:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Coach wrote:On that display, Iwobi should be sent for a cranial MRI, to exclude a hamster in a wheel having displaced his brain.
Guy's what is thus fixation with player's brain
There us no evidence you can do better than the players if put in the same situation
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Simply they're just making things complicated. The boys tried they will grow and learn with some experience QUALITY was the difference and I have been preaching QUALITY for the longest
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

john12 wrote:Simply they're just making things complicated. The boys tried they will grow and learn with some experience QUALITY was the difference and I have been preaching QUALITY for the longest
Which quality did Greece have when they won the Euros?

Which quality did Saudi Arabia have when they beat Egypt in the WC?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:Damn from 10 to 20 pointers, Sh1t just got serious :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Very!!!!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Anyone who says we lost due to lack of talent is a liar and as mentally lazy as Rohr.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

green4life wrote:Anyone who says we lost due to lack of talent is a liar and as mentally lazy as Rohr.
You are being too kind.

Just point them to Madaf$%&@gascar.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!