Top Contenders to Coach our SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Top Contenders to Coach our SE

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote:
joao wrote:
pajimoh wrote:If we are thinking Nigerians only, then we are not thinking
1. The NFF and the players traditionally don't respect our LC's. They will owe them money and the coaches will revert to brown envelopes
2. How many of these coaches are currently coaching and proved their worth? Amunike did not make any dramatical impact with the little he had with Tanzania. Does he then deserve a bigger gig?
3. Are you all so sure that these guys are tactically clued with the "Press" and how to nullify it and other prevailing tactics?

We need to stop this trial by error selection of our coaches on sentiments

Right about now, I'll take an effective foreign coach with a proven record of doing something extraordinary with ordinary resources.
:clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: #1 Reason why it hard to make a case for an LC.
We set up our problems, the react in anger when things fall apart.
Trial by error selection is the perfect description. You can see that few if any of the guys here would have a clue how to run the NFF. Look at the sorry list of names coming up for consideration. :lol:

Too many people here shedding crocodile tears for the late Stephen Keshi, for Oliseh, Siasia and even Amodu.
I am absolutely certain that the guys here on CE were ruthless in their bashing of Keshi, esp when he failed to qualify for the AFCON tournament. All this sympathetic talk about not being supported wasn't seen as a legit excuse by many at the time.

Even if we dig up threads during the trophy-winning AFCON tournament there will be page after page of Keshi bashing. At one point Keshi's stats were said to be one win in 12 games.
But all is conveniently forgotten for now as we play our usual game of 20/20 Vision.
What was the basis for Rohr's selection? Did he do better with Niger than Amuneke did with Tanzania? How did he do with a Gabon team that had more talent than the Benin and Madagascar teams if 2019? Most bemoaning Keshi and Amodu's treatment are those who stood by them.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

cchinukw wrote:
BAP wrote:Siasia and Amunike I would also consider Westerhoff and Bonfrere Jo

Siasia has shown capacity to work under pressure and his teams attack without losing defensive composure so he would be my number 1

Amunike was great at u-17 his resume at sr level is pretty short but i think its a gamble worth taking .

Amokachi in my mind is too tied to the Keshi era. Yes Keshi(rip) won the ANC but thereafter it went downhill from there .
I'd rather Rohr than that joker Siasia. He is that bad.

Huge joker. Where has he coached in the past 3yrs or so?
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

aruako1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
joao wrote:
1. The NFF and the players traditionally don't respect our LC's. They will owe them money and the coaches will revert to brown envelopes
2. How many of these coaches are currently coaching and proved their worth? Amunike did not make any dramatical impact with the little he had with Tanzania. Does he then deserve a bigger gig?
3. Are you all so sure that these guys are tactically clued with the "Press" and how to nullify it and other prevailing tactics?

Right about now, I'll take an effective foreign coach with a proven record of doing something extraordinary with ordinary resources.
:clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: #1 Reason why it hard to make a case for an LC.
Trial by error selection is the perfect description. You can see that few if any of the guys here would have a clue how to run the NFF. Look at the sorry list of names coming up for consideration. :lol:

Too many people here shedding crocodile tears for the late Stephen Keshi, for Oliseh, Siasia and even Amodu.
I am absolutely certain that the guys here on CE were ruthless in their bashing of Keshi, esp when he failed to qualify for the AFCON tournament. All this sympathetic talk about not being supported wasn't seen as a legit excuse by many at the time.

Even if we dig up threads during the trophy-winning AFCON tournament there will be page after page of Keshi bashing. At one point Keshi's stats were said to be one win in 12 games.
But all is conveniently forgotten for now as we play our usual game of 20/20 Vision.
What was the basis for Rohr's selection? Did he do better with Niger than Amuneke did with Tanzania? How did he do with a Gabon team that had more talent than the Benin and Madagascar teams if 2019? Most bemoaning Keshi and Amodu's treatment are those who stood by them.
These are the statements that don't let us move forward in Nigeria. So even if a bad criteria was used to bring in rohr, we should use the same bad criteria to bring in his replacement?
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Those of us that have unapologetically chorused for a Nigerian manager have been shouted down too many times. I hope the lesson has been learned by noting the two finalists. Both Algeria and Senegal have indigenous coaches and arguably deserve to be in the final. We actually have several qualified candidates, but chose to ignore them. Rohr has reached his peak and can't take the team beyond this stage.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
joao wrote:

These are the statements that don't let us move forward in Nigeria. So even if a bad criteria was used to bring in rohr, we should use the same bad criteria to bring in his replacement?
Where did I tell you it was bad criteria? Did I oppose Rohr's choice? If we could appoint Rihr based in his track record then we can appoint Amuneje based on his experience with Tanzania.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Obong wrote:Those of us that have unapologetically chorused for a Nigerian manager have been shouted down too many times. I hope the lesson has been learned by noting the two finalists. Both Algeria and Senegal have indigenous coaches and arguably deserve to be in the final. We actually have several qualified candidates, but chose to ignore them. Rohr has reached his peak and can't take the team beyond this stage.
There are those of us that have always preferred a Nigerian coach and have backed them to the hilt. But that does not mean when the decision is out of our hands and we find ourselves with a foreign manager, we don't give him our full unequivocal support too.
Anyone that truly loves the SE will not allow the politics of race, nationality, ethnicity or religion to influence their support. Some of us believe that the SE need some stability and continuity to get to where they need to be and sacking coaches every 12 months on average just isn't getting us anywhere.
So for now we are the WOWOs but when we were sticking up for Keshi and Oliseh and Siasia against popular opinion, we were "clueless"
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote:
Obong wrote:Those of us that have unapologetically chorused for a Nigerian manager have been shouted down too many times. I hope the lesson has been learned by noting the two finalists. Both Algeria and Senegal have indigenous coaches and arguably deserve to be in the final. We actually have several qualified candidates, but chose to ignore them. Rohr has reached his peak and can't take the team beyond this stage.
There are those of us that have always preferred a Nigerian coach and have backed them to the hilt. But that does not mean when the decision is out of our hands and we find ourselves with a foreign manager, we don't give him our full unequivocal support too.
Anyone that truly loves the SE will not allow the politics of race, nationality, ethnicity or religion to influence their support. Some of us believe that the SE need some stability and continuity to get to where they need to be and sacking coaches every 12 months on average just isn't getting us anywhere.
So for now we are the WOWOs but when we were sticking up for Keshi and Oliseh and Siasia against popular opinion, we were "clueless"
Rohr has enjoyed a lot of support on CE, even from local coach advocates like me. He is a decent man and I really wanted him to win despite my reservations. While I have not advocated for him to be treated poorly, it is valid to compare his treatment as a foreign coach, with the way that local coaches are treated. Letting a coach go after a major tournament, and after 3 years, is not the same as sacking coaches every 12 months.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

aruako1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Rohr has enjoyed a lot of support on CE, even from local coach advocates like me. He is a decent man and I really wanted him to win despite my reservations. While I have not advocated for him to be treated poorly, it is valid to compare his treatment as a foreign coach, with the way that local coaches are treated. Letting a coach go after a major tournament, and after 3 years, is not the same as sacking coaches every 12 months.
watch that damunk avoid that statement ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved