Zlatan: MLS IS A RETIREMENT LEAGUE

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Zlatan: MLS IS A RETIREMENT LEAGUE

Post by danfo driver »

MCAL, how body? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Zlatan: MLS IS A RETIREMENT LEAGUE

Post by 1naija »

He is 100% right. That's why the league has not grown. I go to the Dynamo games for cheap entertainment for me and my boys, not for football.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

1naija wrote:He is 100% right. That's why the league has not grown. I go to the Dynamo games for cheap entertainment for me and my boys, not for football.
define growth?

gotta love Zlatan
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

To be honest the league is poor...it isn't competitive. The playoffs...no relegation or promotion....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Bigpokey24 wrote:To be honest the league is poor...it isn't competitive. The playoffs...no relegation or promotion....

THAT'S WHAT'S GREAT ABOUT IT

Relegation/promotion is a relic. American leagues have thrived without it. It works for the European leagues but I bet if they were starting all over, they wouldn't have it either. Meanwhile, Zlatan should be ready for a drubbing when they meet.
Bell
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bell wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:To be honest the league is poor...it isn't competitive. The playoffs...no relegation or promotion....

Relegation/promotion is a relic. American leagues have thrived without it. It works for the European leagues but I bet if they were starting all over, they wouldn't have it either. Meanwhile, Zlatan should be ready for a drubbing when they meet.
Bell
You know, people always say that when you attack your opponent or speak down in your opponent, it is a motivation for your opponent.

I always found this interesting. In psychology, this is not always the case. Many times, more often than not, when you boast, attack your opponent, speak down on your opponent, you put pressure on your opponent. You make your opponent second-guess his/her ability, you create a situation where your opponent now has to concentrate on multiple things. You include emotion into your opponent's decision-making. The likes of Muhammad Ali, Mourinho, Ferguson and Zlatan have done this for years!

Dont let Rohr deceive you people. Being a coward doesnt mean your opponent will take it easy on you. Look at how Algeria humiliated us. Being bigger than life is usually more effective. Sometimes, it may motivate your opponent, but most times will break your opponent before the game starts!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bell wrote:

Bell
We have fallen into the trick of looking at football through a Western Eurocentric lens and believing that every football system should resemble it.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Atlanta team is entertaining. The MLS is growing, it is slowly becoming a non retirement league. But still a long ways to go.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote:
Bell wrote:

Bell
We have fallen into the trick of looking at football through a Western Eurocentric lens and believing that every football system should resemble it.
you aren't sharp..relegation and promotion helps a league become very competitive ....
SuperEagles

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Bell wrote:

Bell
you aren't sharp..relegation and promotion helps a league become very competitive ....
what?
Saints baby we did it
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

In 10 years, I expect the MLS to be the best league in the American continent.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

txj wrote:In 10 years, I expect the MLS to be the best league in the American continent.

WITHIN THAT SAME PERIOD...

…European leagues will be saying we should have slain the beast before it became so big, with their top young players opting for the MLS over them. And there'll be an emergence of native players also.
Bell
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

kalani JR wrote:
Bell wrote:

Bell
I never got that either. Promotion/relegation works in Europe because they have a stronger footy culture there, it would kill the MLS in no time if implemented. Fans aren't going to follow relegated teams, Americans want to support teams that win or have a chance if winning the top trophies.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ohenhen1 wrote:Atlanta team is entertaining. The MLS is growing, it is slowly becoming a non retirement league. But still a long ways to go.
FOR SOME...

..."long" could be five years; for others, it could be 20.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Bell wrote:

Bell
I never got that either. Promotion/relegation works in Europe because they have a stronger footy culture there, it would kill the MLS in no time if implemented. Fans aren't going to follow relegated teams, Americans want to support teams that win or have a chance if winning the top trophies.
LOOK AT IT FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF AN INVESTOR

You spend a fortune building a stadium and building up a solid roster. Then your financial people do a long-term financial projection. All of a sudden, due to, say, injuries to star players, your team is no longer competitive and is relegated. And you're not sure how long it will take you to return to top flight. How do you now meet your financial obligations? A lot of investors could look at this scenario and pass. Other sports leagues in the US are thriving and competitive without the relegation/promotion contraption and haven't seen a need for it.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

kalani JR wrote:
Bell wrote:

Bell
AN ASTUTE OBSERVATION, AND...

…unfortunately, in sports and other works of life. People just fail to think independently and simply copy whatever Europe is doing, whether it fits or not.
Bell
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bell wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Bell wrote:

Bell

…unfortunately, in sports and other works of life. People just fail to think independently and simply copy whatever Europe is doing, whether it fits or not.
Bell
em, Europe started football, Europe runs football, you and your people are the ones who joined FIFA...so why don't you think for yourslef? Did yall create football? yall watch their leagues, your players all want to play there... so please do not make me laugh :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: most leagues in the world all have relegation/promotion.... this aint NFL, Bball, ICe Hockey or Baseball.... the saddest part yall pay cable bills to watch their football...your NBCs spends so much on the EPL, even BR/TNT just spent so much on their Champs league...smh none of you can list the starting 11 of the MLS team in your city etc..so get away with the unintelligent comments about everyone copying europe

Why did yall do away with shootouts after ET? oops you decided to copy Europe?

[/video]

trying to turn football into ice hockey :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :scared: :scared: :scared: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

1naija wrote:He is 100% right. That's why the league has not grown. I go to the Dynamo games for cheap entertainment for me and my boys, not for football.
Growth is having teams that can string two quality passes together.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:
i have gone to about dynamo games, and they were so boring
SuperEagles

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Algeria defeating us with an absolute QUALITY goal in the 94 minute is now branded as “humiliating us”? Nigerians keep deceiving yourself! There’s no harm in being humble especially as your team isn’t filled with World class players. There’s no harm in acknowledging that you lost to a better team and learning from your mistakes then eventually winning it. You used SAF, Mourinho and Ibrahimovich as a perfect example of arrogance but we can also use Pep, Ronaldinho, Messi as an epitome of Greatness that were respectful/humble
Last edited by john12 on Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Ibra the football philospher :lol: :lol: :lol:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Bell wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Bell wrote:

Bell

Bell
em, Europe started football, Europe runs football, you and your people are the ones who joined FIFA...so why don't you think for yourslef? Did yall create football? yall watch their leagues, your players all want to play there... so please do not make me laugh :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: most leagues in the world all have relegation/promotion.... this aint NFL, Bball, ICe Hockey or Baseball.... the saddest part yall pay cable bills to watch their football...your NBCs spends so much on the EPL, even BR/TNT just spent so much on their Champs league...smh none of you can list the starting 11 of the MLS team in your city etc..so get away with the unintelligent comments about everyone copying europe

Why did yall do away with shootouts after ET? oops you decided to copy Europe?

[/video]

trying to turn football into ice hockey :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :scared: :scared: :scared: :rotf: :rotf:
YOUR POINT BEING THAT...

…since Europe started football, no one should think about making any improvements to it. Whatever happened to "thinking outside the box"?
Bell
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

1naija wrote:
talking to yourself again?

someone would consider growth, beating alabama but i digress.
Saints baby we did it