Now DRC wants Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Now DRC wants Rohr

Post by truetalk »

& take YoungJohn12 with you

https://guardian.ng/sport/morocco-wants ... ons-coach/

Super Eagles’ Coach, Gernot Rohr is at a dilemma whether to accept Morocco’s overtures or continue managing Nigeria’s young team ahead of the 2021 African Cup of Nations and the 2020 World Cup qualifiers, which begin later this month.
Herve Renard, who led Morocco to the Egypt 2019 African Cup of Nations threw in the towel after the Atlas Lions’ failure to move beyond the second round of the competition, forcing the North Africans to begin a search for capable replacement.

A source close to Rohr told The Guardian that Morocco has approached the Franco/German with a view to getting him to take over their national team.

According to the source, Rohr, who has fallen out of favour with Nigerians following the unimpressive performance of the Super Eagles, is weighing his options and consulting with his friends before arriving at a decision.

“Don’t forget that he still has an existing contract with Nigeria, which he cannot break easily because of the financial implications.

“He has a close relationship with his players and top officials of the NFF hence his reluctance to quit Nigeria. But you can never say never.”

Renard, who won AFCON with Zambia (2012) and Cote d’Ivoire (2015), had been in charge since February 2016.

“It is time for me to close this long and beautiful chapter of my life,” said the Frenchman, 50.

In a statement on social media, Renard said he was “not without some emotion and sadness”, adding: “It is an inevitable decision taken well before AFCON 2019.

“I took this decision after having – of course – carefully considered [it]. It is therefore irreversible.”

Renard took Morocco from 81st in the Fifa world rankings to 47th.

He led them to two Africa Cup of Nations tournaments, and to the World Cup in Russia in 2018 – the first time the Atlas Lions had played at the global event for 20 years.

His hopes of winning a third AFCON title were dashed in Egypt, and Renard admitted it was not the outcome he had expected.

“We had all hoped [for] better for the Afcon 2019 in Egypt. But this is football – it gives birth to the wildest hopes (after three wins in the first round [for the] first time in Afcon final tournament for Morocco), and brings us hard to the reality of a too-quick elimination on penalties.”
Last edited by truetalk on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Rohr, please go to Morocco. (They want him)

Post by Bigpokey24 »

let him go :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Let's get Renard, and please Rohr can go, we will gladly help him pack all his luggage en route to Morocco.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Wish you the best in Morocco.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:Let's get Renard, and please Rohr can go, we will gladly help him pack all his luggage en route to Morocco.
Hmm, I never like this pretty boy o lol...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tobi17 wrote:Let's get Renard, and please Rohr can go, we will gladly help him pack all his luggage en route to Morocco.
Don’t want Renard.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Agent truetalk, Rohr ain't going nowhere. Your clients will have to wait a bit longer. :D
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

truetalk wrote:& take YoungJohn12 with you

https://guardian.ng/sport/morocco-wants ... ons-coach/

Super Eagles’ Coach, Gernot Rohr is at a dilemma whether to accept Morocco’s overtures or continue managing Nigeria’s young team ahead of the 2021 African Cup of Nations and the 2020 World Cup qualifiers, which begin later this month.
Herve Renard, who led Morocco to the Egypt 2019 African Cup of Nations threw in the towel after the Atlas Lions’ failure to move beyond the second round of the competition, forcing the North Africans to begin a search for capable replacement.

A source close to Rohr told The Guardian that Morocco has approached the Franco/German with a view to getting him to take over their national team.

According to the source, Rohr, who has fallen out of favour with Nigerians following the unimpressive performance of the Super Eagles, is weighing his options and consulting with his friends before arriving at a decision.

“Don’t forget that he still has an existing contract with Nigeria, which he cannot break easily because of the financial implications.

“He has a close relationship with his players and top officials of the NFF hence his reluctance to quit Nigeria. But you can never say never.”

Renard, who won AFCON with Zambia (2012) and Cote d’Ivoire (2015), had been in charge since February 2016.

“It is time for me to close this long and beautiful chapter of my life,” said the Frenchman, 50.

In a statement on social media, Renard said he was “not without some emotion and sadness”, adding: “It is an inevitable decision taken well before AFCON 2019.

“I took this decision after having – of course – carefully considered [it]. It is therefore irreversible.”

Renard took Morocco from 81st in the Fifa world rankings to 47th.

He led them to two Africa Cup of Nations tournaments, and to the World Cup in Russia in 2018 – the first time the Atlas Lions had played at the global event for 20 years.

His hopes of winning a third AFCON title were dashed in Egypt, and Renard admitted it was not the outcome he had expected.

“We had all hoped [for] better for the Afcon 2019 in Egypt. But this is football – it gives birth to the wildest hopes (after three wins in the first round [for the] first time in Afcon final tournament for Morocco), and brings us hard to the reality of a too-quick elimination on penalties.”

Fake news, they want to make it seem like Rohr is valuable. Rohr should leave the SE with his loser mentality. #rohrout
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:let him go :clap: :clap: :clap:
Who do you have to replace him? I hope it won't be your BRIBE-TAKING friends. I also hope whoever you are replacing Rohr with will surpass Rohr's achievement.

To make it CLEAR for your Coconut-head, I am neither against, nor for Rohr
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Let's be careful what we wish for. This - Rohr must go, Rohr must go - might come back to hound us sooner than later. Thus, my fingers are crossed, palms on the cheek and watching.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

From the stories around, Rohr can disengage easily from his contract even if the NFF wants him to stay on. If he has an offer to go to Morocco, he will likely leave especially if the money is better. On the list of wages for coaches, it shows that Morocco will likely pay him more than we did given that Morocco was paying Renard far more than we are paying Rohr.

I sense, Nigerians will celebrate Rohr's departure but the judgment of whether it was a good decision will be based on the results that we obtain in the three years after his departure. Let's just hope that it will be better as many now suppose that it will be.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:
Who do you have to replace him? I hope it won't be your BRIBE-TAKING friends. I also hope whoever you are replacing Rohr with will surpass Rohr's achievement.

my son odas, I know how often you wet the bed when you were growing up? I was there... There are many LCs that can do so much better than ROHR...Even Pa Oni did better than ROHR...Pa Oni took us to AFCON finals in 1984 and 1st round exit in WC 2002 , rohr failed woefully in Egypt getting the bronze
SuperEagles

jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

Who do u wish to replace him with? Not from frying pan to fire. If you are not getting anything better let him stay put. And remember we have a culture not easy for any coach to come and adopt to.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

please let him go. Thank you for your Bronze.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:

my son odas, I know how often you wet the bed when you were growing up? I was there... There are many LCs that can do so much better than ROHR...Even Pa Oni did better than ROHR...Pa Oni took us to AFCON finals in 1984 and 1st round exit in WC 2002 , rohr failed woefully in Egypt getting the bronze
Yeye-boy! Answer the question. Who will you replace him with? NOTE: The person you are replacing Rohr with must surpass coach Rohr's achievements and must be a non-bribe taking individual who will invite players based on MERIT
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

^ here is your problem my son Odas, you've already started insulting , abusing and down talking a LC..now you've started the fake news about bribe...smh....you voted for trump ok, ....bottomline, if a LCs gets half of the support they gave the old coach rohr , who will be 70 years old by the next world cup( who sends a 70 year old coach for refreshers?) retirement age here in the States is like 67? Rohr is already on social security income , he should be working at walmart part time , and not coaching the SE..bobo is too old to coach us...
SuperEagles

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Me I want Rohr gone like yesterday, my stance has been indefatigable on that. But any coach we will be getting had better be good... and I don't want any of these Siasia and Oliseh nonsense, those guys are just at best average coaches. I won't let sentiments of them been indigenous coaches becloud my sense of reality.
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

Tobi17 wrote:Me I want Rohr gone like yesterday, my stance has been indefatigable on that. But any coach we will be getting had better be good... and I don't want any of these Siasia and Oliseh nonsense, those guys are just at best average coaches. I won't let sentiments of them been indigenous coaches becloud my sense of reality.
Bro, you have told us all who you do not want. I applaud you for that. Now with that same voice, tell us who you want.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

More evidence of deep seated stupidity on Nigeria, on display in this thread....
Be careful what you ask for, because it is not impossible to see Rohr take Morocco to the next WC, while we stay at home wondering WTF happened, and looking for someone else to blame.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:please let him go. Thank you for your Bronze.
Thank you Chief :clap: :clap: :clap: .............I say, let the coward goooooooooooooooooooo.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

charlie wrote:More evidence of deep seated stupidity on Nigeria, on display in this thread....
Be careful what you ask for, because it is not impossible to see Rohr take Morocco to the next WC, while we stay at home wondering WTF happened, and looking for someone else to blame.
If it means going to WC with Rohr's cowardly mentality.................then let's stay at home.
Rohr should take the offer to handle any North-African team, they have the same mentality.................Happy moral victors.
Nigerians don't like moral victories.................
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

charlie wrote:More evidence of deep seated stupidity on Nigeria, on display in this thread....

and you are the smart one? Go run for president. Pray, show us your history on this platform that has distinguished you from us, the mere stupid mortals?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

I think Rohr will dump the SE for Morocco. The pay will be better, they have talent, though limited.
Rohr will give Morocco structure, and the team will improve.

Nigeria on the other hand will hire a coach the agents will approve. There will the enough drama everywhere
around our football to make a weekly TV series with - automatic shirts, physical altercations, bribery stories,
player strikes, etc,... etc,...

Then, one competition pits Nigeria against Morocco. We draw at home, and get 'slaughtered' in Morocco.
...And the fight continue.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges