NEW FOOTBALL RULE TAKES EFFECT -- GOAL KICK

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
NEW FOOTBALL RULE TAKES EFFECT -- GOAL KICK

Post by danfo driver »

Players of the team that takes the goal kick can now receive the ball within their own penalty box, where they previously couldn't. Opponents have to be outside the penalty box when the goal kick is taken. This encourages building up from the back and luring the opponent.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NEW FOOTBALL RULE TAKES EFFECT -- GOAL KICK

Post by cchinukw »

Interesting post.

I'm sure we'll revisit this thread often this season.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

cchinukw wrote:Interesting post.

I think it's a useless post but I could be wrong...

At the end of the day, EPL defenders should be good at passing the ball or comfy dribbling in the box. While goalies should be accurate with their deliveries.

La Liga defenders and goalies, among others, have been doing this for eons.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Kabalega wrote:

At the end of the day, EPL defenders should be good at passing the ball or comfy dribbling in the box. While goalies should be accurate with their deliveries.

Useless new rule it will add nothing new to the game except...... Nothing :dream: What we want are rules that encourage attack more. I don't know something like, maybe the keeper can not hold the ball more than one second or something ridiculous like that which will keep the ball moving and not allow downtimes for teams to reorganise and get into position. Or something like a striker can't be offiside when the ball comes directly from his keeper or if its coming from a deadball like throw in or free kick. We want more goals and attacking :thumbs: Maybe ban back passes to the keeper under any circumstances :rotf:

We used to play what we called money game as kids in Zim and the object was you literally played for money as in every player has put say £5. It was do or die and there was no offside. It was constant attack :rotf:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Samora Machel wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Useless new rule it will add nothing new to the game except...... Nothing :dream: What we want are rules that encourage attack more. I don't know something like, maybe the keeper can not hold the ball more than one second or something ridiculous like that which will keep the ball moving and not allow downtimes for teams to reorganise and get into position. Or something like a striker can't be offiside when the ball comes directly from his keeper or if its coming from a deadball like throw in or free kick. We want more goals and attacking :thumbs: Maybe ban back passes to the keeper under any circumstances :rotf:

We used to play what we called money game as kids in Zim and the object was you literally played for money as in every player has put say £5. It was do or die and there was no offside. It was constant attack :rotf:
Yiu can't be offside from a throw-in anyway, unless the rules have changed.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Damunk wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

I bet he doesn't know that you can't be offside from a corner kick either :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Damunk wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

So how come I never see strikers waiting in the box during throw ins :rotf: I mean some of the players can throw the ball really far :D
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

... after the season or during the season I believe this will be revisited and discussed severally during the season. All the same, it is a good rule change, though.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

kalani JR wrote:
This is pretty close (if not an outright) to being a violation of the back pass rules.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »