Gareth Bale's impending RM exit -Mistreatment by Zidane

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Donzman
Egg
Egg
Re: Gareth Bale's impending RM exit -Mistreatment by Zidane

Post by Donzman »

danfo driver wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
Lets see how much of a genius Zidane really is in his second coming without the luxury of Ronaldo. I hope he is not getting arrogant because that Madrid squad is not that good in my view and am not a fan their recent signing Hazard either. Hazard is my view disappears in heated contests at Chelsea.
You should go to the Zidane thread and see my opinion of Zindane's "second coming" and "Zidane, as a coach." I dont rate him.

That Said, Zidane does NOT want to work with Bale. Either Madrid gets rid of Bale or gets rid of Zidane. Zidane is the coach and he is a god at Madrid. So, Bale needs to fook off! And he will FOOK OFF!
On one hand you are cavalier about this, but at the same time talk about how players "don't care" any more and are professional.

Why would any player "die" for a team when Bale could be treated this way?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Donzman wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
Lets see how much of a genius Zidane really is in his second coming without the luxury of Ronaldo. I hope he is not getting arrogant because that Madrid squad is not that good in my view and am not a fan their recent signing Hazard either. Hazard is my view disappears in heated contests at Chelsea.
You should go to the Zidane thread and see my opinion of Zindane's "second coming" and "Zidane, as a coach." I dont rate him.

That Said, Zidane does NOT want to work with Bale. Either Madrid gets rid of Bale or gets rid of Zidane. Zidane is the coach and he is a god at Madrid. So, Bale needs to fook off! And he will FOOK OFF!
On one hand you are cavalier about this, but at the same time talk about how players "don't care" any more and are professional.

A player doesnt have to care and doesnt have to "die" for any team. Its his prerogative. Afterall majority of the players in this world do not. If a coach cannot handle a player who has refused to "die" for the team, he will kick his asssss out.

The issues I do not truly understand is this--- and I hope everyone can genuinely explain this to me---

1. A coach has a list of 25 players he wants to work with. He has drawn up his list. Should the coach be allowed to work with the 25 players he wants to work with?

2. If you are the supervisor of your office and as part of your duty, you are permitted to select your team members. Should you be allowed to do so?

I truly would like to be educated on this. Because it seems the consensus here is that a coach MUST be made to work with more than 25 players even though the rules clearly states he can only choose from 25.

And also, it seems that the consensus here is that a coach MUST work with players he does not want to work with.

I look forward to the education.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

GARETH BALE was the subject of a vicious rant from former Wales boss John Toshack over his failed moved to China.
By ADAM SKINNER
PUBLISHED: 08:01, Tue, Jul 30, 2019 | UPDATED: 08:27, Tue, Jul 30, 2019

Bale was recently told he had no future at Real Madrid and was on the brink of sealing a money-spinning move to Jiangsu Suning.

However, Real pulled the plug on the deal at the 11th hour as the Chinese Super League side were unwilling to pay a transfer fee because they were offering wages of £1million per week.

Bale, 30, currently earns £600,000 a week at the Bernabeu and is refusing to lower his demands to effectively price himself out of a move elsewhere.

And Toshack - who has managed both the Wales national team and Real Madrid in the past - claims he is ‘sickened’ by his fellow countryman’s actions and has urged him to prioritise about his footballing future over his wallet.

Speaking to Radio Five Live, he sarcastically said: “Terrible to have to take a pay cut to £150,000 a week - how can they manage with that?!

“He’s got a family and a couple of children, how can you manage?! :rotf: :rotf:

“It saddens me - sickens and saddens me the way that this has gone. And nothing comes out from Gareth. Nothing. Only his agent, this, that – sad, sad for the football I know and loved, it saddens and sickens me.”

“Go and play. Just play the game. Say what you actually think.

“Don’t have somebody else telling people what should happen, you tell them what you want, what you like, where you want to play.

“Have a little bit more personality yourself, you don’t need agents or people to talk for you. You speak yourself.

“I haven’t seen Gareth say anything. I’m reading all this stuff about the criticism that Bale is taking – and it’s justified.

“Come out Gareth, do an interview, speak yourself. You’ve been there for six or seven years now – you don’t speak the language.

“That’s an insult to the people you are working for. You try and you learn the language and if you make mistakes early on then people forgive you.

“But to have somebody else coming out and speaking for you, no, no, no.

"And even if you can say good morning and good afternoon, 1-0, 2-0, that was a corner, should have had a free-kick, little things like that will endear you to the people.

"Gareth’s situation - nothing. It’s not gone down well at all here in Spain and it saddens me.”

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... adrid-exit
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

txj wrote:GARETH BALE was the subject of a vicious rant from former Wales boss John Toshack over his failed moved to China.
By ADAM SKINNER

Bale was recently told he had no future at Real Madrid and was on the brink of sealing a money-spinning move to Jiangsu Suning.

However, Real pulled the plug on the deal at the 11th hour as the Chinese Super League side were unwilling to pay a transfer fee because they were offering wages of £1million per week.

Bale, 30, currently earns £600,000 a week at the Bernabeu and is refusing to lower his demands to effectively price himself out of a move elsewhere.

And Toshack - who has managed both the Wales national team and Real Madrid in the past - claims he is ‘sickened’ by his fellow countryman’s actions and has urged him to prioritise about his footballing future over his wallet.

Speaking to Radio Five Live, he sarcastically said: “Terrible to have to take a pay cut to £150,000 a week - how can they manage with that?!

“It saddens me - sickens and saddens me the way that this has gone. And nothing comes out from Gareth. Nothing. Only his agent, this, that – sad, sad for the football I know and loved, it saddens and sickens me.”

“Don’t have somebody else telling people what should happen, you tell them what you want, what you like, where you want to play.

“Have a little bit more personality yourself, you don’t need agents or people to talk for you. You speak yourself.

“I haven’t seen Gareth say anything. I’m reading all this stuff about the criticism that Bale is taking – and it’s justified.

“Come out Gareth, do an interview, speak yourself. You’ve been there for six or seven years now – you don’t speak the language.

“That’s an insult to the people you are working for. You try and you learn the language and if you make mistakes early on then people forgive you.

"And even if you can say good morning and good afternoon, 1-0, 2-0, that was a corner, should have had a free-kick, little things like that will endear you to the people.

"Gareth’s situation - nothing. It’s not gone down well at all here in Spain and it saddens me.”

This is the height of imbecility from Toshack. Why have an agent if you are going to go around negotiating for yourself? The man negotiated a contract and now they want to get rid of him and yet scupper the arranged transfer?

Bale abeg balance well well and chop your winston bogard $$ until their eye clear.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

metalalloy wrote:
txj wrote:GARETH BALE was the subject of a vicious rant from former Wales boss John Toshack over his failed moved to China.
By ADAM SKINNER

This is the height of imbecility from Toshack. Why have an agent if you are going to go around negotiating for yourself? The man negotiated a contract and now they want to get rid of him and yet scupper the arranged transfer?

Bale abeg balance well well and chop your winston bogard $$ until their eye clear.

Its Bale's right to sit on his contract and feed fat from it.

But his case is not special. The manager does not want him, period...and nothing the English media does can change that!

What Toshack is asking Bale is to show more responsibility...that is not too much to ask..

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

metalalloy wrote:
By ADAM SKINNER

When you join a team especially one as steeped in as rich a tradition as Real Madrid you should be expected to integrate somehow. Bale has not learned Spanish, not even enough to speak to his teammates much less the fans and press. Compare him to Ramsey who has been learning Italian since he signed with Juve and is even attempting parts of his press conferences in Italian.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

txj wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
By ADAM SKINNER

Its Bale's right to sit on his contract and feed fat from it.

But his case is not special. The manager does not want him, period...and nothing the English media does can change that!

What Toshack is asking Bale is to show more responsibility...that is not too much to ask
How? The man is ready, willing and able to work and has been told by his coach that he is not wanted? What should he do to show "responsibility"? He did not force them to sign the contract they signed. According to reports, He agreed to go to China and RM scuppered the move. Why should he take a pay cut to go anywhere else at the twilight of his career?

His case does not have to be special. Real should honor his contract or let the man go where he wants to go.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

kalani JR wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
By ADAM SKINNER

When you join a team especially one as steeped in as rich a tradition as Real Madrid you should be expected to integrate somehow. Bale has not learned Spanish, not even enough to speak to his teammates much less the fans and press. Compare him to Ramsey who has been learning Italian since he signed with Juve and is even attempting parts of his press conferences in Italian.
He was hired to play football and not learn how to speak Spanish. When he was scoring goals that won trophies for them, no one talked about his inability to speak Spanish language.

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

metalalloy wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
By ADAM SKINNER

He was hired to play football and not learn how to speak Spanish. When he was scoring goals that won trophies for them, no one talked about his inability to speak Spanish language.
They did it always was a point of discussion in Marca and the rest.
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

danfo driver wrote:
Donzman wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
oscar52 wrote:

A player doesnt have to care and doesnt have to "die" for any team. Its his prerogative. Afterall majority of the players in this world do not. If a coach cannot handle a player who has refused to "die" for the team, he will kick his asssss out.

The issues I do not truly understand is this--- and I hope everyone can genuinely explain this to me---

1. A coach has a list of 25 players he wants to work with. He has drawn up his list. Should the coach be allowed to work with the 25 players he wants to work with?

2. If you are the supervisor of your office and as part of your duty, you are permitted to select your team members. Should you be allowed to do so?

I truly would like to be educated on this. Because it seems the consensus here is that a coach MUST be made to work with more than 25 players even though the rules clearly states he can only choose from 25.

And also, it seems that the consensus here is that a coach MUST work with players he does not want to work with.

I look forward to the education.
I actually support Zidane on this, a coach should be allowed to pick his team and players should be allowed how, when, and where, they want to play. I'm all for free choice.

Just trying to point out why players are increasingly less likely to be "dedicated" to any particular team. Those loyalties are gone.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Donzman wrote:
Just trying to point out why players are increasingly less likely to be "dedicated" to any particular team. Those loyalties are gone.
The dedication is not about "any particular team." You give your all to your performance in order to assure your success, within the team. Look at Ronaldo! After all he did for Madrid, they almost turned on him before he left. He went to Juve at the age of 34 and look at his performance! His dedication and loyalty to the team ethics. Like I said, its up to the player to give everything in order to be successful. If you do not, thats fine! Afterall most footballers do not and most of them are average unsuccessful players anyway.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

danfo driver wrote:
Donzman wrote:
The dedication is not about "any particular team." You give your all to your performance in order to assure your success, within the team. Look at Ronaldo! After all he did for Madrid, they almost turned on him before he left. He went to Juve at the age of 34 and look at his performance! His dedication and loyalty to the team ethics. Like I said, its up to the player to give everything in order to be successful. If you do not, thats fine! Afterall most footballers do not and most of them are average unsuccessful players anyway.
Is there anything in Gareth's past season perfromance apart from injuries that make him deserve to be treated like this in your estimation?

Has he not performed on the pitch what was required fo remain on the RM team? That's the question.

As far as i can see, I am left with no other reason than that ZZ get bad belle.

Imagine if that was a Nigerian player for a second.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cchinukw wrote: Is there anything in Gareth's past season perfromance apart from injuries that make him deserve to be treated like this in your estimation?
How is he being treated?
Has he not performed on the pitch what was required fo remain on the RM team? That's the question.
And its a question that is very easy to answer. Yes, he has performed on the pitch, as has been required.

Now, you answer me this--and please be honest-- If A player performs on the pitch, does the coach have the right to say he does not want to work with the player? Or MUST the coach be forced to work with a player, when the player performed on the pitch.
As far as i can see, I am left with no other reason than that ZZ get bad belle.
And what is wrong with that? Do you think everyone loves you in this world? You think everyone in your family and work likes you? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You are in big trouble if you think this way. Good luck with life!

Your boss hates you and said you should leave so that he can bring in people he likes, you are crying. I dont get it! He hates you, so please leave!
Imagine if that was a Nigerian player for a second.
I just imagined it for more than a second, actually. And I saw the face of Iheanacho and Pep Guardiola.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

But bro, let me understand your emotion here:

If your boss hates you and has made it clear that he doesnt want you in the office. He will not give you work, you will not be allowed to attend meetings and in fact, you have been told to go and sit in another part of the office building, you are telling me that you will be crying up and down the office and saying that "I have always been a great worker? Why is he treating me like this?" You wont get your lawyer to sit with the company to prepare your exit package, as you quickly seek another opportunity elsewhere? :shock:
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

bret- hart wrote:ZZ will be exposed this season. Overrated player and overrated coach.
Winning three champions league in a row is not overrated coaching even if its Real Madrid. That said Zidane is still the man (team captain) that plowed his head into a defender in a worldcup final jeopardizing his team which eventually lost so he is not above mistakes - that headbutt was so violent that he could have killed the guy and found himself in jail for a long time. Has to rank in the top 10 in the ugliest scenes in international football.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

kalani JR wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
By ADAM SKINNER

Lol. No one complained about Bale's lack of Spanish when he was healthy and scoring for fun during Zidane's first tenure when they won the league and multiple CL's. A contract is a contract. When each side has cards to play, calm heads prevail and reach an amicable split. But when one side feels because they are much bigger than the other side, that they can force the party out of their contract, then you end up with seemingly unreasonable positions taken by the Bale camp. Toshack is a clown who has spoken like a typical beer palor fan. This is high stakes business and not fantasy football. Therefore, it is silly to expect Bale to use beer paloresque reasoning to make a multimillion pound decision. 150K per week is not the same as 150 pounds per week so from a business perspective, Bale must fight for it because football IS BUSSINESS first and foremorst.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:But bro, let me understand your emotion here:

If your boss hates you and has made it clear that he doesnt want you in the office. He will not give you work, you will not be allowed to attend meetings and in fact, you have been told to go and sit in another part of the office building, you are telling me that you will be crying up and down the office and saying that "I have always been a great worker? Why is he treating me like this?" You wont get your lawyer to sit with the company to prepare your exit package, as you quickly seek another opportunity elsewhere? :shock:
The difference here is there's a guaranteed contract that has 3 years/ 90 million left. Based on your fact pattern, I will complain small (it's normal because I'm human and contributed to your bottom line in previous years) and shift to the corner cubicle that you have shifted me to while I continue to collect the rest of the 90 mill. The reality though, is, since my boss is running a business, no matter how much money they have, they (Big Boss Inc.) will not be happy to pay me 90 mill for zero productivity. This is the reality of the current situation. What is required is a negotiation between me and my boss to agree on a separation where I don't lose too much of that 90 mill on my way out and of course, the Boss saves a chunk of having to pay me 90 mill for doing nothing. All this side chit chat about speaking Spanish, English, or Italian is of zero relevance because up until now, the employee has upheld his side of the contract. The fact that the new boss does not like the employee doesn't mean the employee must suffer financial damages to secure an exit from the job. For a deal to be done, both sides have to yield a bit. Bale will have to leave some bread on the table - 150K per week is way too much bread to troway without a fight - and Big Boss Inc. will have to cover the gap between what's left to make the deal happen. Whatever the gap is will be a fraction of 90 million that Big Boss will otherwise have to pay it's employee to do nothing.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote:

The difference here is there's a guaranteed contract that has 3 years/ 90 million left. Based on your fact pattern, I will complain small (it's normal because I'm human and contributed to your bottom line in previous years) and shift to the corner cubicle that you have shifted me to while I continue to collect the rest of the 90 mill. The reality though, is, since my boss is running a business, no matter how much money they have, they (Big Boss Inc.) will not be happy to pay me 90 mill for zero productivity. This is the reality of the current situation. What is required is a negotiation between me and my boss to agree on a separation where I don't lose too much of that 90 mill on my way out and of course, the Boss saves a chunk of having to pay me 90 mill for doing nothing. All this side chit chat about speaking Spanish, English, or Italian is of zero relevance because up until now, the employee has upheld his side of the contract. The fact that the new boss does not like the employee doesn't mean the employee must suffer financial damages to secure an exit from the job. For a deal to be done, both sides have to yield a bit. Bale will have to leave some bread on the table - 150K per week is way too much bread to troway without a fight - and Big Boss Inc. will have to cover the gap between what's left to make the deal happen. Whatever the gap is will be a fraction of 90 million that Big Boss will otherwise have to pay it's employee to do nothing.
Hexactly! And na 600K per week o, who go leave that kin guaranteed money just because the new boss dey do yanga? And Bale was ready to move to China, but Real is the one that pulled out, so what do they want him to do?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:

Its Bale's right to sit on his contract and become Winston Bogarde 2.0.

It's also ZZ's right to decide who he wants to work with, period...

What I do not like is the concerted effort by the English media to make it to be any thing special.

Bale may have held up the letter of his contract, but not the spirit of it...

But all that is secondary to the fact that the manager does NOT want to work with him.

The rest is up to Bale to decide whether he still wants to be a top footballer or a top sauna bath owner....

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:

What I do not like is the concerted effort by the English media to make it to be any thing special.

But all that is secondary to the fact that the manager does NOT want to work with him.

The rest is up to Bale to decide whether he still wants to be a top footballer or a top sauna bath owner....
Point well taken. The new boss doesn't want him. No yawa. That is normal in this industry (Drinkwater has been collecting checks peacfully tho neither Sarri nor Lampard want him - CFC has to keep paying the man for nothing until they mutually agree to terminate or transfer/ loan him to another club). It's not by force to push a player out. You can push him out but you still have to pay him.

Therefore, Bale has no option but to sit on his contract until his employer (not Zidane) moves him without breaching the agreement. This is the real issue. The spirit of what Bale and even Zidane have or haven't done is irrelevant because Bale is not in breach of the contract. An arrangement apparently was reached with Bale's reps to move him to China and RM killed the deal. Listen, it will cost RM either way: whether he stays or goes. If he goes, RM will save on his salary but will not recover the bulk of his transfer fee. If he stays, they pay him 90 mill for nothing AND still have to pay another player to fill his spot on the squad. All the he said, she said are irrelevant otherwise.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:

Point well taken. The new boss doesn't want him. No yawa. That is normal in this industry (Drinkwater has been collecting checks peacfully tho neither Sarri nor Lampard want him - CFC has to keep paying the man for nothing until they mutually agree to terminate or transfer/ loan him to another club). It's not by force to push a player out. You can push him out but you still have to pay him.

Therefore, Bale has no option but to sit on his contract until his employer (not Zidane) moves him without breaching the agreement. This is the real issue. The spirit of what Bale and even Zidane have or haven't done is irrelevant because Bale is not in breach of the contract. An arrangement apparently was reached with Bale's reps to move him to China and RM killed the deal. Listen, it will cost RM either way: whether he stays or goes. If he goes, RM will save on his salary but will not recover the bulk of his transfer fee. If he stays, they pay him 90 mill for nothing AND still have to pay another player to fill his spot on the squad. All the he said, she said are irrelevant otherwise.
I don't think people realize that Bale has no business with Zidane. Zindane, just like BAle is an employee of Real. Zidane can say whatever the f he wants to about his plans. Dat one no concern bale. Bale has a contract with Real Madrid. Zidane knew bale was around when he agreed to return.

It is up to RM to either fulfill the contract or pay to terminate it early.
simple and short.

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oscar52 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:ZZ will be exposed this season. Overrated player and overrated coach.
Winning three champions league in a row is not overrated coaching even if its Real Madrid. That said Zidane is still the man (team captain) that plowed his head into a defender in a worldcup final jeopardizing his team which eventually lost so he is not above mistakes - that headbutt was so violent that he could have killed the guy and found himself in jail for a long time. Has to rank in the top 10 in the ugliest scenes in international football.

Wow.....are you talking about the same headbutt we all saw LIVE? :shock: :shock: :shock:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oscar52 wrote:

Wow.....are you talking about the same headbutt we all saw LIVE? :shock: :shock: :shock:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I told yoou people that CE is breeding a newgroup of mentally deranged loons and you people are not taking this threat seriously. O pa ri o!