Should this be allowed? Super Eagles kit rip-off

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eddydove
Egg
Egg
Should this be allowed? Super Eagles kit rip-off

Post by Eddydove »

I'm sure a few of you guys have already seen this, but Tunisian second division side EO Sidi Bouzid have completely copied the iconic Super Eagles jersey for their new season kit. I can't believe it, and I can't understand how it can be allowed. I mean, lovely kit and all, but this is just copying...
Full story (and photos) here: https://www.goal.com/en/news/extra-time ... iabyfak4k6

What can be done about this? Or should be take it as flattery that they are attempting to emulate our beloved Super Eagles?

Best,

'Though tribe and tongue may differ, in brotherhood we stand'
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: Should this be allowed? Super Eagles kit rip-off

Post by Otitokoro »

There's no 'Brotherhood' here.
This is an outright copyright infringement and theft.
Addidas and the NFF should sue them.
Eddydove wrote:I'm sure a few of you guys have already seen this, but Tunisian second division side EO Sidi Bouzid have completely copied the iconic Super Eagles jersey for their new season kit. I can't believe it, and I can't understand how it can be allowed. I mean, lovely kit and all, but this is just copying...
Full story (and photos) here: https://www.goal.com/en/news/extra-time ... iabyfak4k6

What can be done about this? Or should be take it as flattery that they are attempting to emulate our beloved Super Eagles?

Best,

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Eddydove wrote:I'm sure a few of you guys have already seen this, but Tunisian second division side EO Sidi Bouzid have completely copied the iconic Super Eagles jersey for their new season kit. I can't believe it, and I can't understand how it can be allowed. I mean, lovely kit and all, but this is just copying...

Best,

Isn't that a Nike issue?

Me, just like you, I see it as a compliment (flattery). That our Jersey is good enough for a professional side to want to copy.

We have moved up in the world. :thumbs: :clap:

Good job Nike.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

peakmilk should be flogged for this..I blame him 100%
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Sorry, Nike, not Addidas.
Cellular wrote:

Best,

Isn't that a Nike issue?

Me, just like you, I see it as a compliment (flattery). That our Jersey is good enough for a professional side to want to copy.

Good job Nike.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote:

Best,

Isn't that a Nike issue?

Good job Nike.
KPOM. I would think that the rights belong to Nike. Thus, that would mean it is a Nike issue. Maybe, Nike is a lso supplying kits to the club mentioned in the story.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Otitokoro wrote:There's no 'Brotherhood' here.
Eddy dove wrote:I'm sure a few of you guys have already seen this, but Tunisian second division side EO Sidi Bouzid have completely copied the iconic Super Eagles jersey for their new season kit. I can't believe it, and I can't understand how it can be allowed. I mean, lovely kit and all, but this is just copying...

Best,

Adidas can’t get involved.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Otitokoro wrote:There's no 'Brotherhood' here.
Eddy dove wrote:I'm sure a few of you guys have already seen this, but Tunisian second division side EO Sidi Bouzid have completely copied the iconic Super Eagles jersey for their new season kit. I can't believe it, and I can't understand how it can be allowed. I mean, lovely kit and all, but this is just copying...

Best,

Adidas can’t get involved.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Nike probably gave it to them. Why should we care it doesn't cut into our profits.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Blatant theft :curse:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Check the Manufacturer's logo on the jersey. It does NOT say Nike.
This is theft and Nike and Nigeria can sue them (and should)!
Understand a Turkish Div 2 club also has a similar design. Both clubs should be sued.
kalani JR wrote:Nike probably gave it to them. Why should we care it doesn't cut into our profits.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Those who are for us can't be against us. I'm sure they have a soft spot for Naija football. You can't hate us and be wearing same Jersey as us.

This is nothing more than the best form of flattery
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

No issues here. Let Nike lawyers sort it out. I am just proud of our jersey.
Now if only Nike can do something about our away jersey.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Otitokoro wrote:Check the Manufacturer's logo on the jersey. It does NOT say Nike.
This is theft and Nike and Nigeria can sue them (and should)!
Understand a Turkish Div 2 club also has a similar design. Both clubs should be sued.
kalani JR wrote:Nike probably gave it to them. Why should we care it doesn't cut into our profits.
I don't think the NFF can sue them it's Nike's IP so it's up to them.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

First of all there is no copy right infringement involved here. How many teams did you not see use the green white green jerseys before we started using after adidas ditched us. Sports Jerseys designs are one area where copy right ownership isn’t set in stone. The Brazilian national team Jersey is probably the most copied sports apparel and I don’t see them suing anyone.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

jette1 wrote:First of all there is no copy right infringement involved here. How many teams did you not see use the green white green jerseys before we started using after adidas ditched us. Sports Jerseys designs are one area where copy right ownership isn’t set in stone. The Brazilian national team Jersey is probably the most copied sports apparel and I don’t see them suing anyone.
unique design can't be copyrighted?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

It would be nice if Nigeria won something with this Jersey
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ANC wrote:It would be nice if Nigeria won something with this Jersey
It would be nice if Nigeria won something with any jersey
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."