Tammy Abraham indirectly courting the SE?!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tammy Abraham indirectly courting the SE?!

Post by oloye »

Odas wrote:
bret- hart wrote:All this shakara from an average to below average striker that cant even make England's bench. Mchewww. England can have him.
Seriously, how good is he? I never saw him play
He is a violent donkey with lots of donkey play. Tufiakwa.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Tammy is not EPL quality..I have watched every preseason game and my goodness, Chelsea won't finish top 6 if this guy leads the attack
You have reached a conclusion on Tammy based on preseason games? Same way Sallah and KDB were written off prematurely after slow starts to their Chelsea career.

Meanwhile, he's led his last club to EPL promotion while scoring around 60 goals in 2 seasons in the same division that world class Etebo plays in, yet he's useless for Nigeria? Really? :laugh:

Tammy is a young improving striker who has proven to be the best striker at the lower - though not so easy - level, and now hopefully gets a chance to build on those gains at the highest level. There will be growing pains but if he continues to work hard and improve his overall skill, he will make it. Bookmark this thread.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:The boy simply took advantage of the interest Nigeria showed in him to fast track his getting a call up to the 3 Lions. Gareth Southgate simply reacted to the pressure of losing another promising prospect and capped him in a friendly. Tammy took the bait, got his wish, has made his bed and should be left to lie on it in peace...

Osimhen, Awoniyi, Onyekuru are the next gen. Tammy was flattered by the approach but it was his father who was toying with the idea, he never wanted to play for Nigeria and was happy to distance himself. Dude should p**s off
Let's see how you will respond if Tammy turns out to be a 20-goal-a-season striker for Chelsea and gets courted by the top European clubs.
Its easy to do yanga now, just like it was easy for him two years ago.
Bottom line is football is a dog eat dog business.
Pride doesn't come into it when the chips are really down. When he scores the goal for SE that knocks Argentina out of the WC, you go fit contain yourself? :taunt:

Like someone said, make we siddon look for now.
21-year-olds are allowed to make wrong decisions like we all did - and nobody killed us.
Keep believing,If England call him for a single qualifier he’ll obviously accept the call for Queen and country and as that counts as a competitive game he’ll be ineligible to play for Nigeria,I can’t see him doing a u-turn now that he’s back with Chelsea and already played for England!
Of course, if England comes a-calling, he'll accept. Thats a no-brainer.
The point is if Naija calls him first, will he accept now he is a little older and wiser?

We all dey here nah, so make we dey look.
It's okay to be wrong.
No big deal for me. :idea:
You would like to believe that but you’ve also mentioned the fact that “it’s a no brainer” for him to accept an England call up, you do know it usually takes a while to switch Nationalities especially when the player in question is indecisive about what he actually wants!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Seriously guys, don't know why some of us develop this animus towards Nigerian players that don't decide to play for us. How is this kosher with the vast majority of us that live abroad and hardly contribute to Nigeria beyond our immediate family and friends? It's a nasty attitude. These guys are making a decision for a career and a living. If Zaha was playing for 3 Lions, does anyone think he wouldn't be on atleast 200G/week and in one of the top 4 teams by now? His commercial value as an English international alone will get him such contract. Like Tammy, he started out slow as well. We also should stop denigrating ourselves and understand that we're a free people and being nigerian is no baggage to carry around. If a nigerian doesn't want to represent the SE, let him be, wish him well and move on. No point cursing him out as a reject or denigrating him in any way. He deserves to make his choice without bad blood directed his way just like many of us have chosen to carry other passports and make a living elsewhere. Unfortunately, we extend this sort of animus to our coaches too and others in different walks of life while betting the farm on foreigners.

I was talking with some Canadians yesterday and we were discussing olympics basketball team tryouts. So far only 1 NBA player has shown up in camp, none of the others have. Meanwhile the US pretty much has all NBA players on their roster. Yet the worst thing I heard said is perhaps they want to avoid injury. No hating, no bad belle, no cursing. The respect is still intact.

As Nigerians, lets respect eachother's freedoms.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

green4life wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Tammy is not EPL quality..I have watched every preseason game and my goodness, Chelsea won't finish top 6 if this guy leads the attack
You have reached a conclusion on Tammy based on preseason games? Same way Sallah and KDB were written off prematurely after slow starts to their Chelsea career.

Meanwhile, he's led his last club to EPL promotion while scoring around 60 goals in 2 seasons in the same division that world class Etebo plays in, yet he's useless for Nigeria? Really? :laugh:

Tammy is a young improving striker who has proven to be the best striker at the lower - though not so easy - level, and now hopefully gets a chance to build on those gains at the highest level. There will be growing pains but if he continues to work hard and improve his overall skill, he will make it. Bookmark this thread.
[/video]

when you are done watching this, I want you to count how many 1on1s that tammy missed
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Beg-beg people, make una come beg me to play... :D
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

asabatex wrote:Beg-beg people, make una come beg me to play... :D
Hmmm? Make we com beg you to play for us? Ok, I go beg you, but na whot position you dey play? For example, if you be persin wey dey keep goal, I go beg you well-well
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

I be Okala Junior.... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Odas wrote:
asabatex wrote:Beg-beg people, make una come beg me to play... :D
Hmmm? Make we com beg you to play for us? Ok, I go beg you, but na whot position you dey play? For example, if you be persin wey dey keep goal, I go beg you well-well
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

felarey wrote:Seriously guys, don't know why some of us develop this animus towards Nigerian players that don't decide to play for us. How is this kosher with the vast majority of us that live abroad and hardly contribute to Nigeria beyond our immediate family and friends? It's a nasty attitude. These guys are making a decision for a career and a living. If Zaha was playing for 3 Lions, does anyone think he wouldn't be on atleast 200G/week and in one of the top 4 teams by now? His commercial value as an English international alone will get him such contract. Like Tammy, he started out slow as well. We also should stop denigrating ourselves and understand that we're a free people and being nigerian is no baggage to carry around. If a nigerian doesn't want to represent the SE, let him be, wish him well and move on. No point cursing him out as a reject or denigrating him in any way. He deserves to make his choice without bad blood directed his way just like many of us have chosen to carry other passports and make a living elsewhere. Unfortunately, we extend this sort of animus to our coaches too and others in different walks of life while betting the farm on foreigners.

I was talking with some Canadians yesterday and we were discussing olympics basketball team tryouts. So far only 1 NBA player has shown up in camp, none of the others have. Meanwhile the US pretty much has all NBA players on their roster. Yet the worst thing I heard said is perhaps they want to avoid injury. No hating, no bad belle, no cursing. The respect is still intact.

I agree but this whole essay doesn't take away from the fact that the player in question has already used Nigeria as bait to get an England call up in the past and shouldn’t be expected to play for Nigeria!
Just stating facts doesn’t mean you have a problem with an individual it’s just what happens when someone posts “Tammy Abraham indirectly courting Nigeria” just because he acknowledges his Nigerian heritage.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
felarey wrote:Seriously guys, don't know why some of us develop this animus towards Nigerian players that don't decide to play for us. How is this kosher with the vast majority of us that live abroad and hardly contribute to Nigeria beyond our immediate family and friends? It's a nasty attitude. These guys are making a decision for a career and a living. If Zaha was playing for 3 Lions, does anyone think he wouldn't be on atleast 200G/week and in one of the top 4 teams by now? His commercial value as an English international alone will get him such contract. Like Tammy, he started out slow as well. We also should stop denigrating ourselves and understand that we're a free people and being nigerian is no baggage to carry around. If a nigerian doesn't want to represent the SE, let him be, wish him well and move on. No point cursing him out as a reject or denigrating him in any way. He deserves to make his choice without bad blood directed his way just like many of us have chosen to carry other passports and make a living elsewhere. Unfortunately, we extend this sort of animus to our coaches too and others in different walks of life while betting the farm on foreigners.

I agree but this whole essay doesn't take away from the fact that the player in question has already used Nigeria as bait to get an England call up in the past and shouldn’t be expected to play for Nigeria!
Just stating facts doesn’t mean you have a problem with an individual it’s just what happens when someone posts “Tammy Abraham indirectly courting Nigeria” just because he acknowledges his Nigerian heritage.
Just an opinion which has some merit, but does not make it fact.
It was a friendly, so if they (England) fell for the 'bait' then they've not responded well enough to permanently secure his services.
He can still play for Nigeria if he's good enough.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

It was a friendly, so if they (England) fell for the 'bait' then they've not responded well enough to permanently secure his services.
If he's good enough England won't have to wait for FIFA clearance to Cap him in their next qualifying campaign if he hasn't officially alerted Nigeria about a switch of alligence (not by an emoji flag) how do you expect Nigeria to cap him before England?
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Felarey,

Regards to our Olympic basketball, we have more than four current NBA players heading to Winnipeg

C. Metu, San Antonio
David Nwaba, Brooklyn
Al Farouq Aminu, Orlando
Josh Okogie, Timberwolves

I'm not even goingh to include next years first round pick and our highest scorer, Jordan Nwora since his dad is the coach. :)
Many more woill commit this year. Just watch. Things have changed.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The guy scored 25 goals in the Championship, playing along with the Ivorian striker that was their main man in the AFCON, who only scored 9. Clearly, he is good enough to play for Nigeria, but if he is dilly-dallying then we should ignore him until he knows what he wants.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

If he's good enough England won't have to wait for FIFA clearance to Cap him in their next qualifying campaign if he hasn't officially alerted Nigeria about a switch of alligence (not by an emoji flag) how do you expect Nigeria to cap him before England?
He can still play for Nigeria if he's good enough and wants to.
There's nothing more to it. Not sure why we are dragging this matter.
The ball is in the boy's court, not yours or mine.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

nzeogwu wrote:Felarey,

Regards to our Olympic basketball, we have more than four current NBA players heading to Winnipeg

C. Metu, San Antonio
David Nwaba, Brooklyn
Al Farouq Aminu, Orlando
Josh Okogie, Timberwolves

I'm not even goingh to include next years first round pick and our highest scorer, Jordan Nwora since his dad is the coach. :)
Many more woill commit this year. Just watch. Things have changed.
I was referring to the Canadian team, Tristan Thompson, Andrew Wiggins etc. bailed. Only Cory Joseph showed up. Crazy we (Naija) got beat last nite by a bunch of Hey Yous. If CE members turned attention on our basketball team, they're be calling for the coach to be sacked now losing to players from backwater leagues :lol:
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

I used to think players that put England first before Nigeria should not be allowed to play for Nigeria but I have changed my mind.
Tammy was born and brought up in England so cannot have the same affinity for The Super Eagles as those that have lived in Nigeria have. I also make Damunk right, he will have a higher profile, more cash etc, if he was an England squad player than a Nigerian first team player.

He will also be less tolerant of and comfortable with shambolic administration as repeatedly displayed by the NFF.

He had a really good season for the Villa last season and is better than Ighalo or any striker we currently have to replace him. With the wingers we have and his finishing ability, I feel he would be a good fit.

Let's get him in.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Aswani wrote:I used to think players that put England first before Nigeria should not be allowed to play for Nigeria but I have changed my mind.
Tammy was born and brought up in England so cannot have the same affinity for The Super Eagles as those that have lived in Nigeria have. I also make Damunk right, he will have a higher profile, more cash etc, if he was an England squad player than a Nigerian first team player.

He will also be less tolerant of and comfortable with shambolic administration as repeatedly displayed by the NFF.

He had a really good season for the Villa last season and is better than Ighalo or any striker we currently have to replace him. With the wingers we have and his finishing ability, I feel he would be a good fit.

Let's get him in.
Tufiakwa :boo:

This is worse than your girlfriend dumping you publicly and then asking you to take her back because the new guy she was running after turns round and says he is no longer interested in her.

For those of us who keenly followed the episode, Pinnick had his Dad onboard but the boy simply had no interest in playing for Nigeria. He simply used the approach from the NFF to fast track his England career. The boy is a typical 'ajebo' .Undoubtably he is a good player but not the kind who sees it as an honour to don the GWG shirt. Got no time for such.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: this dude says tammy is better than Ighalo.....You need to check their stats....Ighalo is the better player all rounder..even the championship Ighalo was miles ahead..Tammy failed woefully in the Epl with Swansea.....he was shipped to the lower leagues.....He should be grateful for the transfer ban..the guy is not a good player at all
SuperEagles

Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Bigpokey24 wrote::rotf: this dude says tammy is better than Ighalo.....You need to check their stats....Ighalo is the better player all rounder..even the championship Ighalo was miles ahead..Tammy failed woefully in the Epl with Swansea.....he was shipped to the lower leagues.....He should be grateful for the transfer ban..the guy is not a good player at all
In the Championship Ighalo scored 20, Tammy scored 23 for Bristol City and then 25 for the Villa. How does that relate to him being miles ahead.

Tammy might have been shipped to the Championship but he faced a better category of players in that league than Odion faced in China.

You claim Ighalo is a better all rounder, each of their pages on whoscored.com lists their strength and weaknesses, Tammy comes out on top and not even close.

You can laugh all you want, Tammy is a better striker, not just better than Ighalo, but better than anything we have in reserve for the Super Eagles.
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Mr Shows wrote:
Aswani wrote:I used to think players that put England first before Nigeria should not be allowed to play for Nigeria but I have changed my mind.

Let's get him in.

This is worse than your girlfriend dumping you publicly and then asking you to take her back because the new guy she was running after turns round and says he is no longer interested in her.

For those of us who keenly followed the episode, Pinnick had his Dad onboard but the boy simply had no interest in playing for Nigeria. He simply used the approach from the NFF to fast track his England career. The boy is a typical 'ajebo' .Undoubtably he is a good player but not the kind who sees it as an honour to don the GWG shirt. Got no time for such.
Not a fair comparison. Tammy played for England at youth level, his star was on the rise and England did not have a top 9 then that had a permanent claim to the position like Kane has now. Why should he change course midstream?

Also, there have been lots of players born and bred in Naija that you can tell couldn't care less playing for the Eagles. Yakubu skipped a Nation's cup, players refuse to travel back for World Cup or Nations cup Qualifiers, players camping women in hotel rooms during AFCON, players not passing to each other etc. What about Nigerian Coaches allegedly collecting money from agents to feature players? Do you really expect someone on the up with England or any other forward thinking country to suddenly set up shop with The Super Eagles?

The fairer analogy is the girl had a boyfriend that she has known from time, at some point the relationship is a bit shaky, you don't wait for the official breakup and start wooing her, she tells you she wants to stay faithful. Eventually their relationship fizzes out, and she lets you know she is available. What is wrong with that?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Aswani wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Let's get him in.

Not a fair comparison. Tammy played for England at youth level, his star was on the rise and England did not have a top 9 then that had a permanent claim to the position like Kane has now. Why should he change course midstream?

Also, there have been lots of players born and bred in Naija that you can tell couldn't care less playing for the Eagles. Yakubu skipped a Nation's cup, players refuse to travel back for World Cup or Nations cup Qualifiers, players camping women in hotel rooms during AFCON, players not passing to each other etc. What about Nigerian Coaches allegedly collecting money from agents to feature players? Do you really expect someone on the up with England or any other forward thinking country to suddenly set up shop with The Super Eagles?

The fairer analogy is the girl had a boyfriend that she has known from time, at some point the relationship is a bit shaky, you don't wait for the official breakup and start wooing her, she tells you she wants to stay faithful. Eventually their relationship fizzes out, and she lets you know she is available. What is wrong with that?
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
No mind all these GDPs.
For some reason they have a problem with a young 21-year-old man not being sure about which career path to follow. Meanwhile they are still chopping and changing careers at 40.
Too much feelings :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

It was beyond embarrassing every time Nigerians booed Dele Ali at Wembley last time. Just imagine english fans booeing Moses or Iwobi in the same manner. In fact let no one express dismay if the English FA decide to protect their players from this type of black on black abuse by not honoring friendlies with us anymore.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cannot wait for the Chelsea fans to abuse the pathetic Tammy..what sort of man has a woman's name.. the guy has two left feet.. the worst num 9 ever at Chelsea... compare the loser to the number 9s of the past
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles