Chei! Arsenal don suffer

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet
Chei! Arsenal don suffer

Post by furiously frank »

That is not something you can put right just by signing a new centre-half, there is more to it than that. Arsenal could sign Van Dijk and they would not finish in the top four because there are other problems in their team.
- Danny Murphy
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chei! Arsenal don suffer

Post by furiously frank »

From BBC
Mark Lawrenson: I am not convinced by David Luiz because he makes mistakes. While he is a good footballer, he is not a particularly outstanding defender - and he is not a leader either. They have not signed a Virgil van Dijk who will improve their whole team by his presence.

Leon Osman: There is still a question mark over their defence but they surprised a few people last season and, after a year in the job, Emery will know a bit more about the Premier League and his own squad. I actually think they will do all right.

Kevin Kilbane: With the money Arsenal have spent, there will be a lot of optimism from their fans, but they still have issues in midfield and defence that they need to sort out.

Danny Murphy: I don't have them having a say in the top four, I really don't. People talk about their defence, but you attack as a team and you defend as a team and who in their midfield apart from Lucas Torreira gets his foot in and wants to protect the backline?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49258004
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ok
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:ok
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They are just stating the obvious. But I do admire some Arsenal fans. They support the club regardless .
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The truth hurts....dem just blind all you fans with spending only 40 million..dem tell una nah 40 million dem go spend...sold Iwobi for 40 ..come use that same 40 pay for pepe....assnal board just dey use una head :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Assanal will qualify for Europa again .
OCCUPY NFF!!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Its gonna be a long season :D

Arsenal is back and we will stamp our authority again. Who nor like make e hig transformer :taunt: :taunt:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

David Luiz is an upgrade on what the Arse used to have. I have a feeling that Chelski will regret selling him to rivals. He could score against them and could help the Arse cement a top 4 place and push out Chelski.

The English have always mistrusted defenders like Luiz. They prefer big, lumbering, straight back types like Van Dijk and Terry.

Anyhow, it appears Chelski pushed out Luiz b/c he had issues with Lampard going back to their playing days. This is utter arrogance from the coach, considering Luiz is their most experienced defender, Zouma and Christensen are no great shakes, and they are under a transfer ban. The coach has let his ego make him weaken the team. When Zouma and co start making mistakes, the pressure will grow on Lampard.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Arsenal had a better transfer window than I thought. I have a sneaky feeling they'll surprise a lot of people this season.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

cic old boy wrote: They prefer big, lumbering, straight back types like Van Dijk and Terry.
Enough now. VvD cannot in any way be described as lumbering.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

cic old boy wrote:David Luiz is an upgrade on what the Arse used to have. I have a feeling that Chelski will regret selling him to rivals. He could score against them and could help the Arse cement a top 4 place and push out Chelski.

The English have always mistrusted defenders like Luiz. They prefer big, lumbering, straight back types like Van Dijk and Terry.

Anyhow, it appears Chelski pushed out Luiz b/c he had issues with Lampard going back to their playing days. This is utter arrogance from the coach, considering Luiz is their most experienced defender, Zouma and Christensen are no great shakes, and they are under a transfer ban. The coach has let his ego make him weaken the team. When Zouma and co start making mistakes, the pressure will grow on Lampard.
They are still quiet about the whole Luiz story but it is strange one, we don't have any experienced CD.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

I am just glad Alex is no long part of the shitshow in the Emirates.
Arsenal fans can find someone else to blame.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

The YeyeMan wrote: Enough now. VvD cannot in any way be described as lumbering.
The guy is like an articulated lorry. :taunt:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Prince wrote: They are still quiet about the whole Luiz story but it is strange one, we don't have any experienced CD.
If Lamps was a foreigner and Luiz was English, it would have been all over the media. 1st, there was the match against Rubin around 2013 when Lamps and Luiz nearly fought on the pitch and had to be separated by Yossi Benayoun. Then when Lamps was undermining AVB demanding more playing time, Luiz gave an interview saying there should be no favourites and everyone should respect the coach. After Lamps is appointed there was a rumour of a big argument in the dressing room b/w both in preseason. Then Lamps told Luiz to train away from the first team. He later told Luiz he is now 4th choice. That's when Luiz used his agent, who is close to the Arse, to engineer a move - close to the deadline.

Most Chelski fans on social media are backing Lamps b/c of sentiment. But this smells of an inexperienced coach letting his pride, ego and arrogance get in the way of the good of the team. He is letting his history with Luiz cloud his judgment. No way are Christensen and Zouma at the level of Luiz. The Chelski fans and media eating out of Lamps' hands now, will turn against him soon. I could never stand the guy and hope he gets sacked by December. :lol:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If things bounce their way. The best I think Arsenal can finish is 3rd. But if I have to place a wager. My money would be on 6th place.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... rney-ronay

English football gets David Luiz wrong. He is a fine Arsenal signing

Ever since he first arrived at Chelsea, bursting on to the scene like a labrador puppy at a family gathering unsure of whose face to lick, whose leg to gnaw, which plate of sausage rolls to attack first, David Luiz has had a reputation in England for going walkabout.

David Luiz makes the wrong move. David Luiz is in the wrong place. David Luiz appears to be fundamentally confused, head out, chest puffed, galloping off towards the wrong part of the world entirely. In this context it seems inevitable, a matter of destiny, that David Luiz should have found his way to the centre of the Arsenal defence.

This is of course a cheap joke; a cheap joke that is, like all the best cheap jokes, unfunny because it’s also untrue but there are plenty of confusing and divisive things about David Luiz’s move from Chelsea to Arsenal on transfer deadline day. Getting David Luiz wrong: English football has been doing this for a while now.

For now the most notable part of David Luiz’s move across London is the familiar wave of scepticism, the snarky chuckles, the idea floated around that Arsenal’s mop-haired defensive stroller has been overpriced and overvalued throughout his career; that he lacks good sense, spatial awareness, steel in the trenches and all the rest of it.

There is an obvious point of confusion here. On the one hand we have an acknowledged flake, chancer and gadabout. On the other a defender who has strengthened every team that signed him; who was a kind of clown-shoed Virgil van Dijk for Antonio Conte’s title-winning Chelsea two years ago; and who has in terms of style and impact been one of the most influential overseas defenders in the Premier League.

Someone is getting football wrong here. It might not be the bloke with league title medals in three countries and a world-record combined career transfer fee for a defender.

One thing is clear. David Luiz is a wonderful signing for Arsenal, even aged 32 and with almost 600 games on the clock. This shouldn’t need saying but in a way Gary Neville did him a favour with those famous comments about resembling a PlayStation player controlled by a child. Neville was referring to a specific performance in a specific game but it was a funny line and it stuck, planting the idea of a player who could be consistently underrated, mocked for his foibles and for his progressive intent.

We mock David Luiz because his failures are so often spectacularly cinematic. Against Spurs at Wembley last year he didn’t just fail to tackle Son Heung-min, he dematerialised completely and winked back into existence doing something different on the other side of the pitch, breakdancing, cooking an omelette, rewiring a plug.

We mock David Luiz because when he makes these mistakes he looks so sad and noble in the TV close-up reaction shots, like a plucky orphan child in a Disney adventure whose best friend is a streetwise duck. Meanwhile beyond all this the real David Luiz has made two errors leading directly to a goal in his entire Premier League career. Last season 93 defenders were dispossessed more often than the league’s top-ranked goofball. Only two made more passes.

Three years ago he shifted his game to become the deep playmaker in a three-man defence who drove Chelsea’s last league title win. Last year it was his brilliant drilled crossfield V2 bomb pass at Stamford Bridge that set Manchester City en route to a defeat that might have derailed that brilliant team.

Risk and reward. Adaptability. Unconventional lines and angles. In many ways David Luiz is a kind of litmus test for insularity, for the idea that leaders can’t have floppy hair and romp about like a triumphant pedigree pantomime horse; or that there is only one kind of sporting bravery and it doesn’t involve taking imaginative risks or sucking up your own errors and continuing to play it the same way.

The emergence of any young English defender with the ability to pass the ball tends to generate a whisper of solemn excitement. Meanwhile David Luiz is already out there: a clown, a joke, a human error message, and a leader in a more basic sense.

His penalty in the 2012 Champions League final remains an outstanding moment in Chelsea’s modern history, the ball thumped with such furious will into the top corner you felt the game, the day, rearranging itself around him. In the aftermath of a horrendous showing in that 7-1 meltdown against Germany at the 2014 World Cup it was easy to forget David Luiz had led that blubbing, weeping Brazil team to the semi-finals by the hairs on its neck.

At which point the prospect of Arsenal and a reunion with Unai Emery starts to make quite a lot of sense. There is no doubt Arsenal’s ball-romping defensive shield has it in him to produce some terrible moments over the next few weeks. He is also an instant spirit injection, a player who remains brilliantly fun and brilliantly funny but also uplifting for those around him.

Four years ago Arsène Wenger was at pains to reassure Arsenal’s fans his new signing Gabriel Paulista was “nothing like David Luiz”. Since then David Luiz and successive groups of teammates have won the Premier League, FA Cup, Europa League, French League (twice) and French Cup (twice), while David Luiz has been voted into the PFA team of the year in France and England.

It seems fair to say had Arsenal signed the world’s most amusingly watchable defensive shield back then and maybe taken a punt on Diego Costa too they’d have won at least one league title since. For now we have this, a late-breaking injection of something entirely unexpected. The results might be predictable but they won’t be dull.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Prince wrote:
cic old boy wrote:David Luiz is an upgrade on what the Arse used to have. I have a feeling that Chelski will regret selling him to rivals. He could score against them and could help the Arse cement a top 4 place and push out Chelski.

They are still quiet about the whole Luiz story but it is strange one, we don't have any experienced CD.
Zouma won the EPL...Chelsea are moving forward...Luiz was the last 2012 group...I am glad he moved on..32 years old...Chelsea only offers one year contract to players over 30...the team has an average age of 24
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cic old boy wrote:
Prince wrote: They are still quiet about the whole Luiz story but it is strange one, we don't have any experienced CD.
If Lamps was a foreigner and Luiz was English, it would have been all over the media. 1st, there was the match against Rubin around 2013 when Lamps and Luiz nearly fought on the pitch and had to be separated by Yossi Benayoun. Then when Lamps was undermining AVB demanding more playing time, Luiz gave an interview saying there should be no favourites and everyone should respect the coach. After Lamps is appointed there was a rumour of a big argument in the dressing room b/w both in preseason. Then Lamps told Luiz to train away from the first team. He later told Luiz he is now 4th choice. That's when Luiz used his agent, who is close to the Arse, to engineer a move - close to the deadline.

Most Chelski fans on social media are backing Lamps b/c of sentiment. But this smells of an inexperienced coach letting his pride, ego and arrogance get in the way of the good of the team. He is letting his history with Luiz cloud his judgment. No way are Christensen and Zouma at the level of Luiz. The Chelski fans and media eating out of Lamps' hands now, will turn against him soon. I could never stand the guy and hope he gets sacked by December. :lol:
The fact you wrote if lamp was a foreigner ends the essay you wrote, I stopped reading and decided to reply....if isn't realistic. Lamps is English...rewrite your essay and may be you could explain your points better..as of now what you wrote is pure rubbish
SuperEagles

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Bigpokey24 wrote: The fact you wrote if lamp was a foreigner ends the essay you wrote, I stopped reading and decided to reply....if isn't realistic. Lamps is English...rewrite your essay and may be you could explain your points better..as of now what you wrote is pure rubbish
It was written for people with a brain. So it's good that you didn't read it.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

As long as Xhaka keeps showing up in that middle as a defensive midfielder, Arsenal remains a team that can be likened to a revamped software App whose quality is still questionable because of a persistent bug.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote:
The truth hurts....dem just blind all you fans with spending only 40 million..dem tell una nah 40 million dem go spend...sold Iwobi for 40 ..come use that same 40 pay for pepe....assnal board just dey use una head :rotf:
OK
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

oloye wrote:As long as Xhaka keeps showing up in that middle as a defensive midfielder, Arsenal remains a team that can be likened to a revamped software App whose quality is still questionable because of a persistent bug.

Xhaka na Waffiman's boy o :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o