2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] 6th [CL] Rd-16 [FA] Rd-16

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: Preseason Preparations

Post by pajimoh »

toyin133 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
kenmega wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Easily this window's winners, probably Man City's biggest threat.

I agree. There are some Spurs supporters around me in London are not happy with the outcome.
This has been a decent transfer window for us. If only we got Fernandes but all good. Looking forward to this title challenge this season.
You've managed not to sell any of your key players from last season, especially the Ajax trio that you were nailed on to lose. I don't know what your wage situation is but maybe you might just resign a couple of those guys. Dybala and Fernandes would have been cherries on top of a good window, nothing spoil really.
I will be shocked if Eriksen is still there at the end of the European window
Only Eriksen? Rose, Toby and a few others can still go. It would also been possible business in January if we can get good money for them
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Its a Goal wrote:Overall it has been a transfer window that I will grade A-. We kept all the key players that will help us to get to the next level and in addition brought in the necessary reinforcement. Players like Eriksen, Rose and Toby all still have a role to play in the team and cannot be discarded. The addition of Ndombele is massive because he is someone who can boss the midfield and create. Lo Celso, I believe, will help backup Eriksen and take his spot should he keep playing below his standard.

It is going to be interesting what the first team will look like. At first glace I believe it will be:

Kane
Lo Celso * Son
Eriksen
Ndombele * Sissoko
Rose * Jan * Toby * KWP
Lloris

Finally we have dept in squad as the likes of Sanchez, Ryan, Aurier, Winks, Dele, Moura and Moura are by their quality first team options. Happy days are here.

Looks like Poch has got his players then (see May 31st) yet some Spurs supporters are not happy with the window.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Its a Goal wrote:Overall it has been a transfer window that I will grade A-. We kept all the key players that will help us to get to the next level and in addition brought in the necessary reinforcement. Players like Eriksen, Rose and Toby all still have a role to play in the team and cannot be discarded. The addition of Ndombele is massive because he is someone who can boss the midfield and create. Lo Celso, I believe, will help backup Eriksen and take his spot should he keep playing below his standard.

It is going to be interesting what the first team will look like. At first glace I believe it will be:

Kane
Lo Celso * Son
Eriksen
Ndombele * Sissoko
Rose * Jan * Toby * KWP
Lloris

Finally we have dept in squad as the likes of Sanchez, Ryan, Aurier, Winks, Dele, Moura and Moura are by their quality first team options. Happy days are here.
Wow you guys a stack oooh,You will play Jan over Sanchez?Dam so if either Coutinho or Dybala would have been added :?:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v AVL [WK 1]

Post by Its a Goal »

First game of the new season and we have an easy one to start off with. Not that Aston Villa will be a walkover but it will serve as a test of the lads' determination and what their ambition is for the new season. A great start will mean they are focused while a lousy result means they are not up for the challenge.

Injuries and suspension are going to factor in this match. Son and Foyth are suspended for the first 2 games of the season. Foyth, Aurier, Davies, Dier, Wanyama and Ryan are all out as they are recovering from injuries. Poch is determined not to rush the newbies into the team which means Lo Celso and Ndombele will only get to start from the bench. If that is the case then I expect to see the lineup to be:

• Kane
  • Dele * Eriksen * Moura
    • Winks * Sissoko

Rose * Jan * Toby * KWP
      • Lloris

It is good to have football back and it will only get nicer if the expected outcome is achieved. COYS!!!
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

First off, I think we had a decent window. Dybala got me excited - a real support for Kane, and true competition for Dele, but I had this nagging feeling that he could be a disruptive influence in the camp. Just a hunch, perhaps based on the circumstances surrounding the negotiations and his dismissive attitude towards Man U. Not firm evidence of a ‘problem child’ but maybe it’s for the best we didn’t get him.

For today against Villa, I suspect Ndombele will start.

COYS!
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Its a Goal wrote:First game of the new season and we have an easy one to start off with. Not that Aston Villa will be a walkover but it will serve as a test of the lads' determination and what their ambition is for the new season. A great start will mean they are focused while a lousy result means they are not up for the challenge.

Injuries and suspension are going to factor in this match. Son and Foyth are suspended for the first 2 games of the season. Foyth, Aurier, Davies, Dier, Wanyama and Ryan are all out as they are recovering from injuries. Poch is determined not to rush the newbies into the team which means Lo Celso and Ndombele will only get to start from the bench. If that is the case then I expect to see the lineup to be:

• Kane
  • Dele * Eriksen * Moura
    • Winks * Sissoko

Rose * Jan * Toby * KWP
      • Lloris

It is good to have football back and it will only get nicer if the expected outcome is achieved. COYS!!!
Alli is injured. Lamela will start.
Ndombele will have to start in place of Winks.
Sanchez will start instead of Toby.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Shame Dele picked up a hamstring injury so close to the start of the season. Hopefully he will be back against City.

In his place should be Lamela as Lamela has shown immense form during the pre-season friendlies.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Son is a BIG miss and against Man City in our next game too.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Sterling scored 3 goals. He could easily have been my captain this week. Kane must score 3 plus an assist or 4 goals to justify being captain.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ndombele starts

Tottenham XI: Lloris, Walker-Peters, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Rose, Sissoko, Winks, Ndombele, Lamela, Kane, Moura.

Subs: Wanyama, Nkoudou, Dier, Gazzaniga, Eriksen, Aurier, Skipp.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

No Jan
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Eriksen on the bench and Lamela as the play maker. Wow. I wonder if that is a signal of Eriksen's imminent departure.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The bench is interesting as Wanyama, Dier and Aurier are back from injury. Nkoudou, nice to see him getting some recognized squad space.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Parrot deserves a place on the bench
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote: Parrot deserves a place on the bench
There is plenty of games for him to be a part of. I won't worry about it to be frank.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Moura almost gets a goal in the 17th sec.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lovely cross from Danny to Moura but he couldn't head it in.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs all over AV like white on rice.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

KWP is getting fouled constantly.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Damn. Route 1 football caught us out.

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

0-1
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."