Re: Leroy Sane- What do you think?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

09.08.2019 - 16:31 clock
By Dennis Brosda & David Verhoff

The transfer of Leroy Sané (23) to Bayern was at the end of last week already on the home stretch ...

Then the international played for ManCity in the English Supercup on Sunday against Liverpool (6: 5 iE) and pulled a cruciate ligament tear in his right knee.

But why did the wing-star ever play?

BILD learned from club circles: When FC Bayern hoped that Sané no longer plays against the Klopp club. The hope broke, because Pep Guardiola (48) spoke a word of power.

The former coach of the German record champion (from 2013 to 2016 in Munich) decided that the national player must be used. With Sané as key player, the coach wanted to get the first title of the season. That went thoroughly into the pants! The superstar had to hurt after 13 minutes.

Guardiola explains his decision as follows: "He is our player. He did not come to me and said, 'I would like to change clubs'. So I treated him as one of our players. And that's why I put him in the starting lineup of the Community Shield, of course. "

https://sportbild.bild.de/fussball/prem ... sport.html
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

City don't need the money, certainly want the prestige of an early title under the arm and all the females fanning their faces at a show of hirsute barrel-chestedness, last seen sporting yellow bootcut slacks, in pursuit of Olive Oil. This was a Van Gaalian scrotal flash, both balls cupped between the hand and jiggled in defiance at the bully boys of the Bundesliga. The upshot? City lose money they didn't need, keep a player they didn't want to leave and arguably one in a state of vulnerability that may favour contract negotiations. Few part with that amount of money after a cruciate injury.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote:City don't need the money, certainly want the prestige of an early title under the arm and all the females fanning their faces at a show of hirsute barrel-chestedness, last seen sporting yellow bootcut slacks, in pursuit of Olive Oil. This was a Van Gaalian scrotal flash, both balls cupped between the hand and jiggled in defiance at the bully boys of the Bundesliga. The upshot? City lose money they didn't need, keep a player they didn't want to leave and arguably one in a state of vulnerability that may favour contract negotiations. Few part with that amount of money after a cruciate injury.
This is one of the most sup1t things I hear people say. And I want to make it clear that I am not calling you stupid or insulting you in any way, at all. But that statement just irks me every time I see it.

If a wealthy person/entity threw money about, would they be wealthy? This is a business. City isn't supposed to throw their assets down the drain because they "don't need the money." I hope you do not live life like this.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

As for Sane, he is injured for a long time (I think). His contract ends in 2021. Bayern should leave him alone and tell him that they will come in for him next year, where they can pay City significantly less.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

danfo driver wrote:
Coach wrote:City don't need the money, certainly want the prestige of an early title under the arm and all the females fanning their faces at a show of hirsute barrel-chestedness, last seen sporting yellow bootcut slacks, in pursuit of Olive Oil. This was a Van Gaalian scrotal flash, both balls cupped between the hand and jiggled in defiance at the bully boys of the Bundesliga. The upshot? City lose money they didn't need, keep a player they didn't want to leave and arguably one in a state of vulnerability that may favour contract negotiations. Few part with that amount of money after a cruciate injury.
This is one of the most sup1t things I hear people say. And I want to make it clear that I am not calling you stupid or insulting you in any way, at all. But that statement just irks me every time I see it.

If a wealthy person/entity threw money about, would they be wealthy? This is a business. City isn't supposed to throw their assets down the drain because they "don't need the money." I hope you do not live life like this.
@Barrington Danfo, the problem with judging a breast by the peak of the nipple neath the push-up bra is, it overlooks the order of gravity. Brethren, a fuller understanding of the following sentence and passage as a whole, would render the above obsolete.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Re: Leroy Sane- What do you think?

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Danfo:

City needed Leroy more than the money....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Danfo:

Perhaps. He is young and he is ready. Not easy to find someone of his level in the present market. But if he doesn't want to renew and they cant count on him for the future, what's the point? Now, it's even worse. He is out for a long time and when he gets back, they have to take a huge cut to sell.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

My question was actually about the ethics/spirit behind the decision to play Sane.

Not the legal as he's a City player unquestionably.

Most teams/managers would leave the player out...

Have to say I was surprised by the decision by Pep to play him as well as his legalistic comments afterwards.

I thought it was in bad spirit tbh...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

An overlooked simplicity.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Absolutely not, Pep wanted to win the game and get the first yard in their likely main rival, domestically, this season. Sane remains one of the finest in the game and twas absolutely imperative that he played. As fortune would have it, City won largely in his absence and may well have secured his services through weight of injury.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:Absolutely not, Pep wanted to win the game and get the first yard in their likely main rival, domestically, this season. Sane remains one of the finest in the game and twas absolutely imperative that he played. As fortune would have it, City won largely in his absence and may well have secured his services through weight of injury.

What about the ethics of it?

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote:

Perhaps. He is young and he is ready. Not easy to find someone of his level in the present market. But if he doesn't want to renew and they cant count on him for the future, what's the point? Now, it's even worse. He is out for a long time and when he gets back, they have to take a huge cut to sell.

i hear you, but even if he wasn't on the selling block, his injury would still be a big blow to them, both in terms of loss of contribution AND potential resell value
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

txj wrote:
Coach wrote:Absolutely not, Pep wanted to win the game and get the first yard in their likely main rival, domestically, this season. Sane remains one of the finest in the game and twas absolutely imperative that he played. As fortune would have it, City won largely in his absence and may well have secured his services through weight of injury.

what is the probability of such an injury when playing Pool, not savage teams like Stoke?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:

what is the probability of such an injury when playing Pool, not savage teams like Stoke?
High, which is why teams typically leave a player in such situation out of the team; esp considering this was a glorified friendly.

Contrast that with the situation with Erikson...

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:

As one coach once said, a player can get injured getting out of the bed or going to the kitchen.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:

High, which is why teams typically leave a player in such situation out of the team; esp considering this was a glorified friendly.

You are comparing two situations that are not quite a like.

Pep wants to keep Sane. And has said that Sane has never told him he wants out. Afterall Hudson-Odoi was rumored to want to sign for Bayern and Chelsea did not sell. And are convincing him to sign (not sure if he has signed sef, as I havent followed that in a while.

Poch doesnt necessarily want to keep Eriksen and he made it clear to the chairman to sell Eriksen or Eriksen needs to sign a contract, because he is not going to build with someone he cant count on.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:

As one coach once said, a player can get injured getting out of the bed or going to the kitchen.

exactly!
AFCON 2019 sweet o

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:

By the way, I can also point you to Alderweireld and Rose.

Unlike Eriksen and LIKE Sane, the coach believes he can still count on those two on the long term and that their minds can possibly be changed.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:

Unlike Eriksen and LIKE Sane, the coach believes he can still count on those two on the long term and that their minds can possibly be changed.

But his mind apparently was NEVER changed, and the negotiations were in the final period.

Alderweireld and Rose are totally different situations. There is nobody negotiating for either player...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:

exactly!

True. But the probability is obviously higher in a competitive game; no?

I mean, isn't that precisely why teams leave out such players?

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:

You are comparing two situations that are not quite a like.

Pep wants to keep Sane. And has said that Sane has never told him he wants out. Afterall Hudson-Odoi was rumored to want to sign for Bayern and Chelsea did not sell. And are convincing him to sign (not sure if he has signed sef, as I havent followed that in a while.

Poch doesnt necessarily want to keep Eriksen and he made it clear to the chairman to sell Eriksen or Eriksen needs to sign a contract, because he is not going to build with someone he cant count on.
The highlighted is one of those fraudulent statements that occasionally comes from Pep. Like saying City cannot afford Maguire!

What Pep wants is irrelevant here- in the SPIRIT of the game. Not the legal, b/c Pep is on solid legal ground.

Again, CHO's situation was different at the time as compared to this- an offseason event...

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tx, the ethics of what? Till a contract with Munich is signed, wages are paid for a service which City are well within their right to redeem. Bayern could always have issued a gentleman’s agreement to refund wages to City whilst Sané waited in limbo. The only absence of ethics was in the lack of derogation and slur in a rather frost-bitten Cold War.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:

But his mind apparently was NEVER changed, and the negotiations were in the final period.
Zaha did not show up to training on thursday and put in a transfer request. what did sane do to show you that his mind would never ever change?
Alderweireld and Rose are totally different situations. There is nobody negotiating for either player...
You know this for a fact? The same way you claim, without evidence, that "nobody is negotiating for either player," someone also said 2 days ago that Watford was negotiating for Danny Rose and in fact, he was at the Hornet's training ground.