Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:41 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:59 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30096
09.08.2019 - 16:31 clock
By Dennis Brosda & David Verhoff

The transfer of Leroy Sané (23) to Bayern was at the end of last week already on the home stretch ...

Then the international played for ManCity in the English Supercup on Sunday against Liverpool (6: 5 iE) and pulled a cruciate ligament tear in his right knee.

But why did the wing-star ever play?

BILD learned from club circles: When FC Bayern hoped that Sané no longer plays against the Klopp club. The hope broke, because Pep Guardiola (48) spoke a word of power.

The former coach of the German record champion (from 2013 to 2016 in Munich) decided that the national player must be used. With Sané as key player, the coach wanted to get the first title of the season. That went thoroughly into the pants! The superstar had to hurt after 13 minutes.

Guardiola explains his decision as follows: "He is our player. He did not come to me and said, 'I would like to change clubs'. So I treated him as one of our players. And that's why I put him in the starting lineup of the Community Shield, of course. "


https://sportbild.bild.de/fussball/prem ... sport.html

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 30013
City don't need the money, certainly want the prestige of an early title under the arm and all the females fanning their faces at a show of hirsute barrel-chestedness, last seen sporting yellow bootcut slacks, in pursuit of Olive Oil. This was a Van Gaalian scrotal flash, both balls cupped between the hand and jiggled in defiance at the bully boys of the Bundesliga. The upshot? City lose money they didn't need, keep a player they didn't want to leave and arguably one in a state of vulnerability that may favour contract negotiations. Few part with that amount of money after a cruciate injury.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13416
Coach wrote:
City don't need the money, certainly want the prestige of an early title under the arm and all the females fanning their faces at a show of hirsute barrel-chestedness, last seen sporting yellow bootcut slacks, in pursuit of Olive Oil. This was a Van Gaalian scrotal flash, both balls cupped between the hand and jiggled in defiance at the bully boys of the Bundesliga. The upshot? City lose money they didn't need, keep a player they didn't want to leave and arguably one in a state of vulnerability that may favour contract negotiations. Few part with that amount of money after a cruciate injury.


This is one of the most sup1t things I hear people say. And I want to make it clear that I am not calling you stupid or insulting you in any way, at all. But that statement just irks me every time I see it.

If a wealthy person/entity threw money about, would they be wealthy? This is a business. City isn't supposed to throw their assets down the drain because they "don't need the money." I hope you do not live life like this.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13416
As for Sane, he is injured for a long time (I think). His contract ends in 2021. Bayern should leave him alone and tell him that they will come in for him next year, where they can pay City significantly less.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 30013
danfo driver wrote:
Coach wrote:
City don't need the money, certainly want the prestige of an early title under the arm and all the females fanning their faces at a show of hirsute barrel-chestedness, last seen sporting yellow bootcut slacks, in pursuit of Olive Oil. This was a Van Gaalian scrotal flash, both balls cupped between the hand and jiggled in defiance at the bully boys of the Bundesliga. The upshot? City lose money they didn't need, keep a player they didn't want to leave and arguably one in a state of vulnerability that may favour contract negotiations. Few part with that amount of money after a cruciate injury.


This is one of the most sup1t things I hear people say. And I want to make it clear that I am not calling you stupid or insulting you in any way, at all. But that statement just irks me every time I see it.

If a wealthy person/entity threw money about, would they be wealthy? This is a business. City isn't supposed to throw their assets down the drain because they "don't need the money." I hope you do not live life like this.

@Barrington Danfo, the problem with judging a breast by the peak of the nipple neath the push-up bra is, it overlooks the order of gravity. Brethren, a fuller understanding of the following sentence and passage as a whole, would render the above obsolete.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:56 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 38747
Location: Somewhere
Danfo:

City needed Leroy more than the money....

_________________
Image
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13416
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Danfo:

City needed Leroy more than the money....


Perhaps. He is young and he is ready. Not easy to find someone of his level in the present market. But if he doesn't want to renew and they cant count on him for the future, what's the point? Now, it's even worse. He is out for a long time and when he gets back, they have to take a huge cut to sell.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:59 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30096
My question was actually about the ethics/spirit behind the decision to play Sane.

Not the legal as he's a City player unquestionably.

Most teams/managers would leave the player out...

Have to say I was surprised by the decision by Pep to play him as well as his legalistic comments afterwards.

I thought it was in bad spirit tbh...

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 30013
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Danfo:

City needed Leroy more than the money....

An overlooked simplicity.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 30013
Absolutely not, Pep wanted to win the game and get the first yard in their likely main rival, domestically, this season. Sane remains one of the finest in the game and twas absolutely imperative that he played. As fortune would have it, City won largely in his absence and may well have secured his services through weight of injury.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:04 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30096
Coach wrote:
Absolutely not, Pep wanted to win the game and get the first yard in their likely main rival, domestically, this season. Sane remains one of the finest in the game and twas absolutely imperative that he played. As fortune would have it, City won largely in his absence and may well have secured his services through weight of injury.



What about the ethics of it?

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:24 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 38747
Location: Somewhere
danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Danfo:

City needed Leroy more than the money....


Perhaps. He is young and he is ready. Not easy to find someone of his level in the present market. But if he doesn't want to renew and they cant count on him for the future, what's the point? Now, it's even worse. He is out for a long time and when he gets back, they have to take a huge cut to sell.



i hear you, but even if he wasn't on the selling block, his injury would still be a big blow to them, both in terms of loss of contribution AND potential resell value

_________________
Image
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:25 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 38747
Location: Somewhere
txj wrote:
Coach wrote:
Absolutely not, Pep wanted to win the game and get the first yard in their likely main rival, domestically, this season. Sane remains one of the finest in the game and twas absolutely imperative that he played. As fortune would have it, City won largely in his absence and may well have secured his services through weight of injury.



What about the ethics of it?


what is the probability of such an injury when playing Pool, not savage teams like Stoke?

_________________
Image
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:28 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30096
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:
Coach wrote:
Absolutely not, Pep wanted to win the game and get the first yard in their likely main rival, domestically, this season. Sane remains one of the finest in the game and twas absolutely imperative that he played. As fortune would have it, City won largely in his absence and may well have secured his services through weight of injury.



What about the ethics of it?


what is the probability of such an injury when playing Pool, not savage teams like Stoke?


High, which is why teams typically leave a player in such situation out of the team; esp considering this was a glorified friendly.

Contrast that with the situation with Erikson...

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13416
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:
Coach wrote:
Absolutely not, Pep wanted to win the game and get the first yard in their likely main rival, domestically, this season. Sane remains one of the finest in the game and twas absolutely imperative that he played. As fortune would have it, City won largely in his absence and may well have secured his services through weight of injury.



What about the ethics of it?


what is the probability of such an injury when playing Pool, not savage teams like Stoke?


As one coach once said, a player can get injured getting out of the bed or going to the kitchen.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13416
txj wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:
Coach wrote:
Absolutely not, Pep wanted to win the game and get the first yard in their likely main rival, domestically, this season. Sane remains one of the finest in the game and twas absolutely imperative that he played. As fortune would have it, City won largely in his absence and may well have secured his services through weight of injury.



What about the ethics of it?


what is the probability of such an injury when playing Pool, not savage teams like Stoke?


High, which is why teams typically leave a player in such situation out of the team; esp considering this was a glorified friendly.

Contrast that with the situation with Erikson...


You are comparing two situations that are not quite a like.

Pep wants to keep Sane. And has said that Sane has never told him he wants out. Afterall Hudson-Odoi was rumored to want to sign for Bayern and Chelsea did not sell. And are convincing him to sign (not sure if he has signed sef, as I havent followed that in a while.

Poch doesnt necessarily want to keep Eriksen and he made it clear to the chairman to sell Eriksen or Eriksen needs to sign a contract, because he is not going to build with someone he cant count on.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:32 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 38747
Location: Somewhere
danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:
Coach wrote:
Absolutely not, Pep wanted to win the game and get the first yard in their likely main rival, domestically, this season. Sane remains one of the finest in the game and twas absolutely imperative that he played. As fortune would have it, City won largely in his absence and may well have secured his services through weight of injury.



What about the ethics of it?


what is the probability of such an injury when playing Pool, not savage teams like Stoke?


As one coach once said, a player can get injured getting out of the bed or going to the kitchen.



exactly!

_________________
Image
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13416
txj wrote:

High, which is why teams typically leave a player in such situation out of the team; esp considering this was a glorified friendly.

Contrast that with the situation with Erikson...


By the way, I can also point you to Alderweireld and Rose.

Unlike Eriksen and LIKE Sane, the coach believes he can still count on those two on the long term and that their minds can possibly be changed.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:25 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30096
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:

High, which is why teams typically leave a player in such situation out of the team; esp considering this was a glorified friendly.

Contrast that with the situation with Erikson...


By the way, I can also point you to Alderweireld and Rose.

Unlike Eriksen and LIKE Sane, the coach believes he can still count on those two on the long term and that their minds can possibly be changed.



But his mind apparently was NEVER changed, and the negotiations were in the final period.

Alderweireld and Rose are totally different situations. There is nobody negotiating for either player...

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:26 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30096
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:
Coach wrote:
Absolutely not, Pep wanted to win the game and get the first yard in their likely main rival, domestically, this season. Sane remains one of the finest in the game and twas absolutely imperative that he played. As fortune would have it, City won largely in his absence and may well have secured his services through weight of injury.



What about the ethics of it?


what is the probability of such an injury when playing Pool, not savage teams like Stoke?


As one coach once said, a player can get injured getting out of the bed or going to the kitchen.



exactly!



True. But the probability is obviously higher in a competitive game; no?

I mean, isn't that precisely why teams leave out such players?

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:30 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30096
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:
Coach wrote:
Absolutely not, Pep wanted to win the game and get the first yard in their likely main rival, domestically, this season. Sane remains one of the finest in the game and twas absolutely imperative that he played. As fortune would have it, City won largely in his absence and may well have secured his services through weight of injury.



What about the ethics of it?


what is the probability of such an injury when playing Pool, not savage teams like Stoke?


High, which is why teams typically leave a player in such situation out of the team; esp considering this was a glorified friendly.

Contrast that with the situation with Erikson...


You are comparing two situations that are not quite a like.

Pep wants to keep Sane. And has said that Sane has never told him he wants out. Afterall Hudson-Odoi was rumored to want to sign for Bayern and Chelsea did not sell. And are convincing him to sign (not sure if he has signed sef, as I havent followed that in a while.

Poch doesnt necessarily want to keep Eriksen and he made it clear to the chairman to sell Eriksen or Eriksen needs to sign a contract, because he is not going to build with someone he cant count on.


The highlighted is one of those fraudulent statements that occasionally comes from Pep. Like saying City cannot afford Maguire!

What Pep wants is irrelevant here- in the SPIRIT of the game. Not the legal, b/c Pep is on solid legal ground.

Again, CHO's situation was different at the time as compared to this- an offseason event...

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 30013
@Tx, the ethics of what? Till a contract with Munich is signed, wages are paid for a service which City are well within their right to redeem. Bayern could always have issued a gentleman’s agreement to refund wages to City whilst Sané waited in limbo. The only absence of ethics was in the lack of derogation and slur in a rather frost-bitten Cold War.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13416
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:

High, which is why teams typically leave a player in such situation out of the team; esp considering this was a glorified friendly.

Contrast that with the situation with Erikson...


By the way, I can also point you to Alderweireld and Rose.

Unlike Eriksen and LIKE Sane, the coach believes he can still count on those two on the long term and that their minds can possibly be changed.



But his mind apparently was NEVER changed, and the negotiations were in the final period.


Zaha did not show up to training on thursday and put in a transfer request. what did sane do to show you that his mind would never ever change?

Quote:
Alderweireld and Rose are totally different situations. There is nobody negotiating for either player...


You know this for a fact? The same way you claim, without evidence, that "nobody is negotiating for either player," someone also said 2 days ago that Watford was negotiating for Danny Rose and in fact, he was at the Hornet's training ground.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aruako1, azuka, cchinukw, Chief Ogbunigwe, emekonia, Nkume, Siddonlook11, Tunisian Gooner, txj and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group