BATTLE OF THE CM DMs: WHO WINS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
BATTLE OF THE CM DMs: WHO WINS

Post by chief nfachairman »

We have 14 CM/DMs playing in the Top 10 leagues of Europe (EPL, Laliga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Lique 1, Portugal, Belgium, Russia, Turkey and Netherlands including teams strong in Europe (Kiev, Shanktar, celtics etc).

This is the best NIgeria has had and in just 1 season, we are suddenly "over playered". Alot of players gained promotion to the top league from lower leagues and some made upwards move.

Again, most of this DMs can play CM and vice versa.

I belive the criteria for the DM/CM shouldbe turning the league upside down, earn an invite and own it. WHo WIns?

DM/CM:
1. Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester, EPL): World Class player.

2. Okechukwu Azubuike (Istanbul Basaksehir, TUr): Started from the bench in their champions league qualifiers earlier in the week but came in as a sub. THey drew at home but hopefully, they can upturn it away else they end up in the Europa. Im sure Azubuike would win his starting shirt and eventualy get that call up from ROhr (Though he is already high up on that list).

[/video]

3. Ramon Azeez (Granada, Laliga): Ramon has started all Granada's matches inpre-season and even scored. He is guaranteed to be a starter in the Laliga and Rohr, who has shortages in the midfield would surely dump an Ajayi for Azeez. He also plays in the central midfield. I am scared for my boy, Etebo.

4. Uche Agbo (Standard Liege, Belgium [Granada, Laliga - SPECULATED]: Had issues at Liege last season and moved to Rayo by mid-season. Then fell ill for weeks, came back from illness,got injured but found his way back as a sure starter for the 4games or so. Granada, his former team are interested in taking him on loan. Laliga would definitely improve him and Im sure 1 full season in laliga would give Rohr a hard on especially for someone he knows.

5. Anderson Esiti (PAOK, Greece): He has been the Top 3 DMs in Belgium in the last 3 seasons even playing AM position 2/3 times last season. He came in against Zambia in the WCQ did well but was never invited again. I remember that it was reported that he was ill while in camp and wasn't training but he still made a sub appearance. I think something must have happened between him and Rohr or a Top NFF official. Anywway, he's move to Greek Champions PAOK and the shortage of midfielders in the SE might just open the door to an invite if he plays very well in both the league and Champions league (probably Europa).

6. Mikel Agu (Vitória Guimarães, Portugal): I dont know what to say about Agu, but if at 26yrs (nigerian Age) he's career is not advancing, then there's an issue. I hope he uses this new move tp luanch himself to a bigger deal and cement his position in the SE but he has alot of HOT competition.

7. Peter etebo (Stoke City, England): He cant make a move to the EPL anymore but Europe is still open but i doubt he would make that move. He's stay at Stoke is VERY disappointing and as much as Im an Etebo shriner, he needs to move up. I had a gut feeling from Day 1 that he would spend atleast 2 seasons at Stoke before a move.

8. Ogenyi onazi (Trabzonspor, Turkey): Onazi would be pairing with Mikel in Tranbz midfield and this could just make Trabs the hottest team in Turkey. A great showing by him would def get him back to the SE as we know ROhr loves experience (Except he has some personal ish with rohr).

9. Tom Dele Bashiru (Watford, EPL): From ManCity B team, so Watford first team. Can he tie down a regular shirt eventually or end up in the B team of Watford. We would know if he deserves an SE invite by End of this season.

[/video]

10.Kingsley Micheal (Bologna, Serie A): He's back with his parent club, been on preseason and hasnt been shipped out on loan yet. Can he win an invite to the SE by having a starting shirt in Bologna. We would know by end of the season. If you can be a CM in a Nesta team and start regualrly, it means he can atleast defend well.

[/video]

11. Nnamdi Ofoborh (Bournemouth, EPL):Made 2 bench appearances last season. He was not shipped out on loan. THey probably have good plans for him and we would know by End of the season if he is worth an invite.

12. Abass Ibrahim (FC Paços de Ferreira, Porrtuagl): MOved to the Portugues premier league from Peredes playing in Portuguese D1 (has been very regular starter for 2/3seasons). Must be a good player to get bought by this top flight team. He is 21 and plays as a DM. We'll know if he worth it by end of the season.

13. Obiora Nwankwio (Boavista, Portugal): Although a veteran now, injury totally ruined his career. Came back forcefully last season and might have a great season. Who knows, he might get an invite but i think its a very long shot and we should move on from him.

14. usman mohammed (Tambov, Russia): Torrid season in Norway, now he's in the top division in Russia. Lets see what happens with him.

This player is an AM but i failed to mention him in the AM post.

1. Ahmed Isaiah (Gil Vicente): this 23yr old midfielder has been a mainstay in the Portuguese D1 playing regualrly for 3 different teams since 2013. He joined Gil Vicente last season, played most of their matches and they gt promoted to the Portuguese premier league. He can also play as an Attacking Midfielder and second striker. If he maintains his starting shirt in his team and plays massively, he would surely get a callup from Rohr who needs attacking Midfield options as backup to Iwobi.
Last edited by chief nfachairman on Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: BATTLE OF THE DMss: WHO WINS

Post by niyi »

We went to the U-20 world cup with 3 good players in this position. Our coach shot us in the foot by taking bad strikers and horrible defenders.

Ofoborh and Kingsley have started a lot of games in pre-season and I get the feeling they'll be very involved with their teams.

Tom Dele Basiru is unlikely to get any play time this season with the Watford midfield being pretty strong - Capoue, Doucoure, Dom Quina, Chalobah etc

On to other players...

Happy to see Ramon Azeez seemingly fulfilling his potential again. This player showed a lot of promise at age-grade level.

Etebo did not get a move to a top club and that's sad. I wonder if it'll be right if Rohr drops him to reinforce his need to make a step up

On Mikel Agu, I am sure he plays with his real age. His career is growing and he's playing well. I think he did enough to be invited for the nations cup based on his appearances with the team but then he got injured late last season. Rohr ultimately went with experience (Ogu and Mikel) and versatility (Ajayi) over taking a player coming back from injury.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Is Michael kingsley a DM? Though he was a CAM/CM. no?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Per list, for me, the 'focus for the future' should be on the following 5 or 6:
1. Ndidi
2. Etebo
3. Agu
4. Kingsley
5. Ofoborh

Honestly, can't decide between Azubuike and Azeez as the 6th candidate - haven't been impressed with either.
Lets see if Azeez has improved some and will make a significant impact this season with Granada in the La Liga.

With all due respect, ALL the others are 'has-beens' and have little or next to nothing to offer the SE going forward.
chief nfachairman wrote:We have 14 CM/DMs playing in the Top 10 leagues of Europe (EPL, Laliga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Lique 1, Portugal, Belgium, Russia, Turkey and Netherlands including teams strong in Europe (Kiev, Shanktar, celtics etc).

This is the best NIgeria has had and in just 1 season, we are suddenly "over playered". Alot of players gained promotion to the top league from lower leagues and some made upwards move.

Again, most of this DMs can play CM and vice versa.

I belive the criteria for the DM/CM shouldbe turning the league upside down, earn an invite and own it. WHo WIns?

DM/CM:
1. Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester, EPL): World Class player.

2. Okechukwu Azubuike (Istanbul Basaksehir, TUr): Started from the bench in their champions league qualifiers earlier in the week but came in as a sub. THey drew at home but hopefully, they can upturn it away else they end up in the Europa. Im sure Azubuike would win his starting shirt and eventualy get that call up from ROhr (Though he is already high up on that list).

[/video]

3. Ramon Azeez (Granada, Laliga): Ramon has started all Granada's matches inpre-season and even scored. He is guaranteed to be a starter in the Laliga and Rohr, who has shortages in the midfield would surely dump an Ajayi for Azeez. He also plays in the central midfield. I am scared for my boy, Etebo.

4. Uche Agbo (Standard Liege, Belgium [Granada, Laliga - SPECULATED]: Had issues at Liege last season and moved to Rayo by mid-season. Then fell ill for weeks, came back from illness,got injured but found his way back as a sure starter for the 4games or so. Granada, his former team are interested in taking him on loan. Laliga would definitely improve him and Im sure 1 full season in laliga would give Rohr a hard on especially for someone he knows.

5. Anderson Esiti (PAOK, Greece): He has been the Top 3 DMs in Belgium in the last 3 seasons even playing AM position 2/3 times last season. He came in against Zambia in the WCQ did well but was never invited again. I remember that it was reported that he was ill while in camp and wasn't training but he still made a sub appearance. I think something must have happened between him and Rohr or a Top NFF official. Anywway, he's move to Greek Champions PAOK and the shortage of midfielders in the SE might just open the door to an invite if he plays very well in both the league and Champions league (probably Europa).

6. Mikel Agu (Vitória Guimarães, Portugal): I dont know what to say about Agu, but if at 26yrs (nigerian Age) he's career is not advancing, then there's an issue. I hope he uses this new move tp luanch himself to a bigger deal and cement his position in the SE but he has alot of HOT competition.

7. Peter etebo (Stoke City, England): He cant make a move to the EPL anymore but Europe is still open but i doubt he would make that move. He's stay at Stoke is VERY disappointing and as much as Im an Etebo shriner, he needs to move up. I had a gut feeling from Day 1 that he would spend atleast 2 seasons at Stoke before a move.

8. Ogenyi onazi (Trabzonspor, Turkey): Onazi would be pairing with Mikel in Tranbz midfield and this could just make Trabs the hottest team in Turkey. A great showing by him would def get him back to the SE as we know ROhr loves experience (Except he has some personal ish with rohr).

9. Tom Dele Bashiru (Watford, EPL): From ManCity B team, so Watford first team. Can he tie down a regular shirt eventually or end up in the B team of Watford. We would know if he deserves an SE invite by End of this season.

[/video]

10.Kingsley Micheal (Bologna, Serie A): He's back with his parent club, been on preseason and hasnt been shipped out on loan yet. Can he win an invite to the SE by having a starting shirt in Bologna. We would know by end of the season. If you can be a CM in a Nesta team and start regualrly, it means he can atleast defend well.

[/video]

11. Nnamdi Ofoborh (Bournemouth, EPL):Made 2 bench appearances last season. He was not shipped out on loan. THey probably have good plans for him and we would know by End of the season if he is worth an invite.

12. Abass Ibrahim (FC Paços de Ferreira, Porrtuagl): MOved to the Portugues premier league from Peredes playing in Portuguese D1 (has been very regular starter for 2/3seasons). Must be a good player to get bought by this top flight team. He is 21 and plays as a DM. We'll know if he worth it by end of the season.

13. Obiora Nwankwio (Boavista, Portugal): Although a veteran now, injury totally ruined his career. Came back forcefully last season and might have a great season. Who knows, he might get an invite but i think its a very long shot and we should move on from him.

14. usman mohammed (Tambov, Russia): Torrid season in Norway, now he's in the top division in Russia. Lets see what happens with him.

This player is an AM but i failed to mention him in the AM post.

1. Ahmed Isaiah (Gil Vicente): this 23yr old midfielder has been a mainstay in the Portuguese D1 playing regualrly for 3 different teams since 2013. He joined Gil Vicente last season, played most of their matches and they gt promoted to the Portuguese premier league. He can also play as an Attacking Midfielder and second striker. If he maintains his starting shirt in his team and plays massively, he would surely get a callup from Rohr who needs attacking Midfield options as backup to Iwobi.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

My current pecking order is:

1. Ndidi/Etebo
2. Azubuike
3. Mikel Agu
4. Dele Bashiru (should be invited to the U23s. May earn a SE invite if he features regularly for Watford)
5. Michael (part of the U23s. Could make a strong case for a SE invite this season)
6. Onazi (could be higher up if he returns to full fitness)

Some other lower profile CM/DMs to mention are:

Innocent Bonke (Malmo): Owngoal reported Rohr was considering inviting him, but can't verify those claims.

C. Nwakali (Kalmar):Was highly rated after the U17 world cup, but apparently failed to impress Rohr when he was invited to the SE.

Obinna Nwobodo (Upjest):Was highly rated in the U-20 team and is doing well in Hungary. He seems to be playing mainly on the right side of midfield for his club.

Ifeanyi Matthew (Osmanlispor):Was highly rated in the U20 team and was doing well in Norway. Haven't heard much about him since was loaned out to a Turkish team.

Abdul Zubairu (Trencin): Has been dubbed the Nigerian "Kante", but not sure if he is really that good or if that's all agent hype.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

No mention of JOHN OGU? Okay, keep being biased. You want us to drop Experienced backwater players for inexperienced Backwater players? You guys are jokers. Any new players replacing older ones must be added QUALITY not the same or lower
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

john12 wrote:No mention of JOHN OGU? Okay, keep being biased. You want us to drop Experienced backwater players for inexperienced Backwater players? You guys are jokers. Any new players replacing older ones must be added QUALITY not the same or lower
Leave Dem. who no know go know. Azubuike is the latest player they're trumpeting,you'll see acting like they've never seen him play before when he gets a chance and doesn't deliver. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

john12 wrote:No mention of JOHN OGU? Okay, keep being biased. You want us to drop Experienced backwater players for inexperienced Backwater players? You guys are jokers. Any new players replacing older ones must be added QUALITY not the same or lower
Has Ogu eveh kicked a ball for his club since the AFCON or before? let's not even talk about the league he plays in (comparing the Israeli league to the Turkish league shows you are utterly clueless), but let's stick to Ogu's form, does he have a club? It's criminal to compare a 30 something year old player who is club less and out of form, to young players who are at least seeing minutes at their clubs. Secondly the SE midfield is currently very thin, we have only Etebo and Ndidi as the natural playing midfielders(Rohr doesn't even rate Ogu any more than the average Nigerian fan) ... so what's wrong in inviting fresh legs to add more depth to a department we are thin in? I mean it's common sense dude.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

OTITOKORO:
How can you rationally pick Michael but be “undecided” on Azibuike?
Or even Agu, who Azubuike used to play kosso in the Turkish league?!

NFA CHAIR:
With all due respect, Azeez cannot carry Etebo’s jockstraps...
Seen him with Granada this preseason. An honest grafter but little else.
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote:OTITOKORO:

NFA CHAIR:
>
I rolled my eyes at that one lol, as if we haven't seen Azeez before, his ceiling is quite known...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Because I have seen both play several times and my selection was based on what value I felt either player could potentially bring to the SE, especially in the future.
'Kosso' or no, there is a reason why Mikel Agu was (and is) a part of Rohr's team, while Azubuike is still on the outside, looking in.

NFA CHAIR:
>
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

You see, i think you have a mental problem and its a serious cause for concern. Or you probably dont even know how to read.

I said Only Tier 1 and Tier 2 Leagues listed and you go and mention Ogu who plays in SHitWATER League of Isreal.

Ogu infact, is also one of the players Im sure Rohr would retire ffrom the SE within another year as he is already 31yrs, 1 yr younger than MIKEL who has retired from the National team.

Please John12, Which league is Backwater, Portuguese or Isreal? Please stop been a nonentity bro.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Otitokoro wrote:Because I have seen both play several times and my selection was based on what value I felt either player could potentially bring to the SE, especially in the future.
'Kosso' or no, there is a reason why Mikel Agu was (and is) a part of Rohr's team, while Azubuike is still on the outside, looking in.

NFA CHAIR:
>
When did who Rohr picked in the past become determinative of our “focus for the future”?
Why not list John Ogu, Uche Agbo, Esiti, Aremu Azeez and Chidi and/or Kelechi Nwakali then?!

Or the fact that Azubuike is skipper of the U23 team coached by Rohr’s assistant...
While Micheal is stuck on the bench didn’t stop you from tabbing Michael over Azubuike? SMH
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

NFA CHAIR:
>
Michael was poor for the U-20 but could be one for the future. Azubike on the other hand has not shown improvements since the Olympics where he was average (even Usman was better than him) and is probably older than the age he is claiming. Not my kind of player and I can bet he will not get any better.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Lolly wrote:

NFA CHAIR:
>
Michael was poor for the U-20 but could be one for the future. Azubike on the other hand has not shown improvements since the Olympics where he was average (even Usman was better than him) and is probably older than the age he is claiming. Not my kind of player and I can bet he will not get any better.
Azubuike was poor in the Olympics? Surely you're joking
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

:???:
niyi wrote:
Lolly wrote:

NFA CHAIR:
>
makes you wonder...
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

niyi wrote:
Lolly wrote:

NFA CHAIR:
>
Pay attention. Average is different from poor. You either didn’t watch the matches or you have a poor memory. Usman and Mikel were much better and Etebo before he got injured.

Please try and watch a full game of Azubike.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote:

NFA CHAIR:
>
Michael was poor for the U-20 but could be one for the future. Azubike on the other hand has not shown improvements since the Olympics where he was average (even Usman was better than him)and is probably older than the age he is claiming. Not my kind of player and I can bet he will not get any better.
With all due respect, stopped reading there...
Because a specific prerequisite was rationality. :lol:

Seriously, you were either watching a different Olympics or a different team...
There’s a reason that Rohr’s assistant sits Michael on the bench and has made Azubuike skipper.
>
Last edited by Gotti on Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote:Pay attention. Average is different from poor.. You either didn’t watch the matches or you have a poor memory. Usman and Mikel were much better and Etebo before he got injured.

Please try and watch a full game of Azubike.
He wasn’t average either...
In the game he missed through suspension (vs Germany), his absence was GLARING!
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Gotti wrote:
Lolly wrote:

NFA CHAIR:
>
Michael was poor for the U-20 but could be one for the future. Azubike on the other hand has not shown improvements since the Olympics where he was average (even Usman was better than him)and is probably older than the age he is claiming. Not my kind of player and I can bet he will not get any better.

There’s a reason that Rohr’s assistant sits Michael on the bench and has made Azubuike skipper.
>
We all watched the Olympics but obviously saw different things. :lol:

Being skipper does not make you the best player on the pitch. Ahmed Musa was once our skipper. I will remind you all when eventually after much pressure from agents, Azubike finally gets his chance to play for the SE.

niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: BATTLE OF THE CM DMs: WHO WINS

Post by niyi »

Lolly wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Lolly wrote:

NFA CHAIR:
>

>
We all watched the Olympics but obviously saw different things. :lol:

Being skipper does not make you the best player on the pitch. Ahmed Musa was once our skipper. I will remind you all when eventually after much pressure from agents, Azubike finally gets his chance to play for the SE.
This one na wa o.

I refuse to believe you watched the Olympics if you think Usman played better than Azu.

Your assertion that he hasn't improved since the Olympics is also very wrong. Since the olympics he has moved every season. From a newly promoted Turkish team, to a mid-table Turkish team and now he's in a top 3 team.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: BATTLE OF THE CM DMs: WHO WINS

Post by niyi »

Ratings from the Olympics (vs Denmark)
Okechukwu AZUBUIKE He was very composed and enjoyed himself in midfield and protected the back four very well. Looks every bit like a player that could go on to bigger things in future. Unfortunately picked up a yellow card which ensures that he will miss the semifinal clash against Germany. 7/10

Usman MUHAMMED Usman is another player that had a quite game but picked up a yellow card. 5/10
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!