What excites me about next season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What excites me about next season

Post by cchinukw »

Jurgen Klopp reckons at least six teams will rival his Liverpool team for the Premier League title this season – and even backed a surprise outsider to mount a challenge.

Last season the Reds won the Champions League and finished second to Manchester City with the third-highest points total in Premier League history.

They will be hoping to go one better in the English top-flight this campaign but Klopp feels that City won't be the only team battling his side again for league honours.

And while the German manager expects the Big Six to all be among the title contenders, he has also backed big-spending Merseyside rivals Everton to deliver for the Goodison Park faithful.

“I'd say there are at least six teams in contention,” he told Sky Sports .

“Everton, for example, have tried to stay very ambitious. They have done a lot and I think there are still maybe a couple of players to come in. They had a good team last year and they have improved, with very interesting signings.

“I don't know where people get the idea that Arsenal will not challenge, that Chelsea will not challenge with Frank [Lampard] bringing complete excitement to the club.

“Okay, they cannot really be busy in the transfer window, but after years when all the young boys were on loan, now they finally bring them back and get the benefit of that.

“It's like it's made for a transfer ban. Now [Tammy] Abraham and all these other guys come back and it's a fantastic team.”
https://talksport.com/football/545805/a ... i-tierney/
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

As i guessed.
if they can add a forward, they will be very competive

danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Welcome Uncle Oloye! I look forward to our discussions this season! :clap: :clap:

Me, I am looking forward to watching Tottenham! If they can get the players they want in, I am hopeful Poch can finally break the curse!
Which players are they looking for, it is almost deadline, if they think they can get away with what they did last season by not recruiting any player, they will find out that Poch is not Moses who strikes rock and water comes out.
I expect them to get Lo Celso and at least Sessegnon. Rumors are saying coutinho and dybala, both of who barca and juve are pushing out. Then you have fernandes who is rushing out of Sporting.

They have also brought in Ndombele and lost only Trippier.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

I think Wolves will struggle to match last season's position....
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Everton left it too late to make their transfer. The owner wanted to spend. They should have sealed all their deals 4 weeks ago
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Chris Wilder.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Wolves challenge for top 4, not at all. Arguably too good for second season syndrome, but top 4? Comical. Given the proceeds that will come from a good stint in the Europa, ‘tis highly likely the might of Molineux will suffer the consequences of a congested campaign. Leicester springs to mind.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

kalani JR wrote:Chris Wilder.
How long will his overlapping centrebacks last? A wonderful ploy, fully expect a 4-5-1 by match day 4. Jokes. The Blades may fair best of all the promoted. Villa went full Obafemi Martins at a luxury car dealership, more white elephants than King Barbar’s fling with an albino Nelly.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Oloye, I think you have it wrong with Sessegnon. Poch is not the kind to buy a player based on hype but rather on potential. Take Jack Grilish for instance, he was heavily linked with a move to Spurs but despite all the talk Poch refused to get him simply because he didn't feel he has those qualities to make his team better. With Ryan, I believe he sees a diamond in the rough just like he did with Danny Rose. I believe Poch is going to turn the lad into one of the finest English players by the time he is done with him hence why he was given a 6 year contract rather than 5.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Oloye, I think you have it wrong with Sessegnon. Poch is not the kind to buy a player based on hype but rather on potential. Take Jack Grilish for instance, he was heavily linked with a move to Spurs but despite all the talk Poch refused to get him simply because he didn't feel he has those qualities to make his team better. With Ryan, I believe he sees a diamond in the rough just like he did with Danny Rose. I believe Poch is going to turn the lad into one of the finest English players by the time he is done with him hence why he was given a 6 year contract rather than 5.
Not entirely true. Spurs wanted him last season but were priced out by Villa. They refused to reduce the price. This year, Aston Villa's promotion made it impossible.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Its a Goal wrote:Oloye, I think you have it wrong with Sessegnon. Poch is not the kind to buy a player based on hype but rather on potential. Take Jack Grilish for instance, he was heavily linked with a move to Spurs but despite all the talk Poch refused to get him simply because he didn't feel he has those qualities to make his team better. With Ryan, I believe he sees a diamond in the rough just like he did with Danny Rose. I believe Poch is going to turn the lad into one of the finest English players by the time he is done with him hence why he was given a 6 year contract rather than 5.
I am sure I did not say the boy did not have have potential, I said he is decent but overhyped. There are many reasons why EPL clubs buy English talents, many reasons the chief one being the quota to fill for home grown talent or whatever name they call the quota system.

Now I mentioned that he has not convinced me he is a good defender, surely he is not better than what Spurs currently have. He might become better after all he is only 19,but right now he is nowhere near Danny Rose nor the other guy.

He is pacey and could be used upfront, but he would still have to work very hard.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]oloye[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Oloye, I think you have it wrong with Sessegnon. Poch is not the kind to buy a player based on hype but rather on potential. Take Jack Grilish for instance, he was heavily linked with a move to Spurs but despite all the talk Poch refused to get him simply because he didn't feel he has those qualities to make his team better. With Ryan, I believe he sees a diamond in the rough just like he did with Danny Rose. I believe Poch is going to turn the lad into one of the finest English players by the time he is done with him hence why he was given a 6 year contract rather than 5.
I am sure I did not say the boy did not have have potential, I said he is decent but overhyped. There are many reasons why EPL clubs buy English talents, many reasons the chief one being the quota to fill for home grown talent or whatever name they call the quota system.

Now I mentioned that he has not convinced me he is a good defender, surely he is not better than what Spurs currently have. He might become better after all he is only 19,but right now he is nowhere near Danny Rose nor the other guy.

He is pacey and could be used upfront, but he would still have to work very hard.
We all agree Danny Rose is far better than him and it is the one reason why Spurs fans didn't want Danny to leave. We need Danny to be a mentor to him as he has all the attributes to be as good, if not better than him. But then all of this just conjure. He has a long way to go to prove himself. As to the hype, I don't see anything wrong with recognizing a talented young footballer that has the potential to become world class someday if he can fulfill those talents.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Oloye, I think you have it wrong with Sessegnon. Poch is not the kind to buy a player based on hype but rather on potential. Take Jack Grilish for instance, he was heavily linked with a move to Spurs but despite all the talk Poch refused to get him simply because he didn't feel he has those qualities to make his team better. With Ryan, I believe he sees a diamond in the rough just like he did with Danny Rose. I believe Poch is going to turn the lad into one of the finest English players by the time he is done with him hence why he was given a 6 year contract rather than 5.

We all agree Danny Rose is far better than him and it is the one reason why Spurs fans didn't want Danny to leave. We need Danny to be a mentor to him as he has all the attributes to be as good, if not better than him. But then all of this just conjure. He has a long way to go to prove himself. As to the hype, I don't see anything wrong with recognizing a talented young footballer that has the potential to become world class someday if he can fulfill those talents.
Why is a left-back mentoring a winger?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Ryan was bought with the mindset of making him a LWB, similar role to Danny and Bale, when he was around. We already have Son and Lamela to play upfront as the wing.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Ryan was bought with the mindset of making him a LWB, similar role to Danny and Bale, when he was around. We already have Son and Lamela to play upfront as the wing.
So you guys have 3 left backs? Davies, Rose and Sessegon?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Uncle Oloye, e be like sey Brighton win 3-0 yesterday o!

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Yup. Matter of fact it was anticipated Danny was leaving hence the reason for acquiring Ryan. I believe Ryan is going to be 3rd choice as Ben Davies is often used as backup to Danny.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:Uncle Oloye, e be like sey Brighton win 3-0 yesterday o!

Abeg they will still be relegated, you need to see the horror show from Watford. They better warn that Watford manager, they sack managers for fun over there at Hertfordshire
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Yup. Matter of fact it was anticipated Danny was leaving hence the reason for acquiring Ryan. I believe Ryan is going to be 3rd choice as Ben Davies is often used as backup to Danny.
Bro, this is false.

As for Ryan being a 3rd choice left back, I'll be stunned. I expect to see him play on the wings. But we shall see, anyway.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

[/video]
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Uncle Oloye, this man stubborn well well o! How we go do am?

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:Uncle Oloye, this man stubborn well well o! How we go do am?

Leave that one, he will fall into place. Meanwhile Newcastle is fulfilling my prediction.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote: Leave that one, he will fall into place. Meanwhile Newcastle is fulfilling my prediction.
Newcastle is like that big for nothing student in primary school. Tufia! So much history, so much money.. yet, they just cant make the right decisions.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Coach wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Chris Wilder.
How long will his overlapping centrebacks last? A wonderful ploy, fully expect a 4-5-1 by match day 4. Jokes. The Blades may fair best of all the promoted. Villa went full Obafemi Martins at a luxury car dealership, more white elephants than King Barbar’s fling with an albino Nelly.
Currently faring best of all the promoted.