The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:Ghendouzi has been doing all the work is the middle
Guendouzi is the main problem. Of the two pivots, he is supposed to be on the right side, (the side Torreira plays so well) but he keeps on drifting into Xhaka's zone creating an imbalance making it easier for Newcastle to stop our build up play.

The solution to this is to get Torreira on, he will give the team a better structure. He will also occupy the right zones freeing Xhaka to get behind their midfield like we did there last season. Right now neither Guendouzi nor Xhaka can join the attacks because there is no shape or structure to do that.

Another problem we have is progression from midfield to forward position. We stupidity sold Iwobi, our most progressive player with the ball and runs without the ball. We also created an imbalance in the squad by selling him also because he was our most natural left sided forward.

Now we have Nelson completely lost in a wrong position. Willock is also comprised by a non functioning midfield in which Mikh has been very poor.

All those mentioning Xhaka, all our best attacking moments have come from him.
We can disagree on this, but Ghendouzi is not the problem, he has provided the energy so far in the team. Like I say Xhaka has been coasting, how many plays has he broken up from sitting in a defensive position?

Funny enough I hear he is playing in the sitting position yet he is far away from the defence.

Good Auba, you always knew where the goal would come from.
I have no qualms about his attributes of which there are many and it must be said, the benefits our weight the costs. His energy was an attribute but in that first half it was not used to the benefit of the team.

For most of the first half, and I have confirmed this with my analysis of the numbers and heat map, we had Nelson, Willock Xhaka, Guendouzi and Monreal all left side. Sokratis, playing left side of CD remostrating at his team mates because it was all compressed on the left. We had 6 players in left sided zones when we had the ball.

We needed balance and structure to play out of defence, we needed balance and structure to nullify a counter attack, above all, we needed balance and structure to have confidence in our strategy and tactics.

There is no point of energy if it crowds zones where your team mates are supposed to be disrupting team organisation. Before you run into zone, you look at your team mates positions before running onto the zone best for the tactics of the team at that moment. Guendouzi did not show tactical intelligence with his running in that first half. To be fair, his team did not do the necessary adjustments to accommodate his runs.

I must add, it us quite feasible that Emery has set it up this way, to control mainly the first-half. Last season we were exploited on our left side, maybe he over loaded that side because he expected Newcastle to target that side. He was right. I also noticed that Mhkitaryan (and at times Nelson) step in centrally and always had the space but wasted so many opportunities.

Second half, it changed. Arsenal started with Guendouzi on the left of the interiors, (pivots) Xhaka moved right. But the best bit was Guendouzi was the one making the runs into the zones between midfield and defence with Xhaka holding accordingly in deeper positions. This was the key tactical decision in the 2nd half. This gave us better structure and improved our play.

It must also be said Newcastle came out 2nd half with the belief they can attack us and get something, so they opened it up, leaving spaces for us to exploit.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

jdizzy wrote:Good result. Was never going to be easy playing without 5-6 potential starters in Lacazette, Pepe, Ozil, Tierney & Bellerin. Take the points and get out of dodge. Team should only improve from here on
I concur.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

My worry as always in the Emery era is the lack of prolific goal scoring.

We tend to win on slim margins. I stand to be corrected but we need to be slotting them in more.

I'm not so worried about Newcastle. It's our neighbours at the top that should give us sleepless nights. A win is a win nonetheless.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Next game against Burnley. Arsenal will probably lineup like this.

Leno
Niles, Sokratis, Luiz, Monreal
Guenduzi, Ceballos or Ozil, Xhaka
Pepe, Lacazette, Aubameyang
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Man Utd is developing their young players like Rashford, Greenword, and Mctominay. Arsenal is not doing a good job developing young players and integrating them into the first team.

jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Hopefully shame won't allow BigPokey to show face on this thread for a while
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Man Utd is developing their young players like Rashford, Greenword, and Mctominay. Arsenal is not doing a good job developing young players and integrating them into the first team.
Mainland-Niles
Guendozi
Willock
Reiss Nelson
Martinelli

Will dispute your comments.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

ohenhen1 wrote:Man Utd is developing their young players like Rashford, Greenword, and Mctominay. Arsenal is not doing a good job developing young players and integrating them into the first team.
Are you chewing too much Colorado brownies again? How exactly do you define Willock, Nelson, AMN all starting today?
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Mainland-Niles
Guendozi
Willock
Reiss Nelson
Martinelli

Seriously sometimes I think Ohenhen types stuff because he thinks there is a daily quota to maintain membership in this forum
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

jdizzy wrote:
Are you chewing too much Colorado brownies again? How exactly do you define Willock, Nelson, AMN all starting today?
Did you watch the game today?

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We used to develop good young players that are vital to the team. But not anymore.

Willock, Niles are all fringe players. Not sure that they will actually make it at the club. The last guy that came through the academy Iwobi was sold.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

jdizzy wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
Mainland-Niles
Guendozi
Willock
Reiss Nelson
Martinelli

Seriously sometimes I think Ohenhen types stuff because he thinks there is a daily quota to maintain membership in this forum
Also, how many times have I posted the stats on the clubs which has given the most minutes to Academy players. For the past 3 seasons it has been Arsenal.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

ohenhen1 wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Did you watch the game today?
Please read your statement again and tell me what watching the game today. Also you mentioned Greenwood so please tell me what you learnt from his 6 min cameo that Arsenal isn't doing
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

ohenhen1 wrote:Next game against Burnley. Arsenal will probably lineup like this.

Leno
Niles, Sokratis, Luiz, Monreal
Guenduzi, Ceballos or Ozil, Xhaka
Pepe, Lacazette, Aubameyang
We'd better go in smoking hot. No half measures.

Burnley don't lie down for no one.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
Mainland-Niles
Guendozi
Willock
Reiss Nelson
Martinelli

Also, how many times have I posted the stats on the clubs which has given the most minutes to Academy players. For the past 3 seasons it has been Arsenal.
It is not about minutes to given young players. It is about the quality of young players coming through. Look through the starting 11.

Leno
Belerin, Luiz, Sokratis, Thierney
Guendouzi,Ozil, Xhaka
Pepe, Lacazette, Aubameyang.

Belerin is actually a Barca product. Okay lets give it to Arsenal. Belerin is a poor defender, but good at going forward. He hasn't been developed properly. Apart from Belerin, I don't see any Arsenal youth product in the starting 11.

Man Utd youngsters are better. That Greewood guy is good.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ohenhen1 wrote:We used to develop good young players that are vital to the team. But not anymore.

Willock, Niles are all fringe players. Not sure that they will actually make it at the club. The last guy that came through the academy Iwobi was sold.
Bellerin, Niles and Iwobi are what.

Iwobi was developed. The issue is development, not sold.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Waffiman wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:We used to develop good young players that are vital to the team. But not anymore.

Even Iwobi was not developed properly. Fans attacked him saying he can't score, he is not Arsenal level. Eventually they sold him.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
Mainland-Niles
Guendozi
Willock
Reiss Nelson
Martinelli

It is not about minutes to given young players. It is about the quality of young players coming through. Look through the starting 11.

Leno
Belerin, Luiz, Sokratis, Thierney
Guendouzi,Ozil, Xhaka
Pepe, Lacazette, Aubameyang.

Belerin is actually a Barca product. Okay lets give it to Arsenal. Belerin is a poor defender, but good at going forward. He hasn't been developed properly. Apart from Belerin, I don't see any Arsenal youth product in the starting 11.

Man Utd youngsters are better. That Greewood guy is good.
You base your position on one game. You what! Man, I give up on you. I'm out.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Even Iwobi was not developed properly. Fans attacked him saying he can't score, he is not Arsenal level. Eventually they sold him.
Lawd have mercy. :roll: :lol:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Waffiman wrote:

Belerin is a bad defender.

Niles switches off

Iwobi was seen as not good enough, and then sold. Concerns about his scoring.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Belerin is a bad defender.

Niles switches off

Iwobi was seen as not good enough, and then sold. Concerns about his scoring.
And what about the ones at ManU? :taunt:
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Professional road display from the Arsenal.

Arsenal were never going to click footballistically today, too many new faces, too many absentees, serious lack of cohesion and chemistry in regards to build up in attack wise.

Today off the ball every Gunner put in a shift and very few kamikaze errors particularly from back 4. Bar Mkhi and at time Xhaka being loose in possession the Arsenal were patient, resolute and maintained their discipline. No reckless runs leaving CB's exposed, solid communication off the ball for 90 minutes, Arsenal waited on Newcastle to crack and they did with give away to AMN and Auba stuck the dagger.
Last edited by Tunisian Gooner on Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rashford scored two goals today. Mason Greenwood at 17 is already featuring in their first team. That guy is a talent. McTominay is already a starter. Arsenal has lost its way. We used to turn out good young products like Wilshere, Cesc, and etc.