Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by cchinukw »

:shock:

Lampard must go. Nonsense :curse: :curse: :curse:

I'm no Chelsea fan but this shows he is out of his depth!!! :curse: :curse:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

How’s Maguires performance today any different from Tyrone Mings yesterday?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

charlie wrote:
zee wrote:
charlie wrote:I feel for Chelsea.
Hit the post twice when the game was 0-0.
Either one goes in and this might be a different game.

That said, the Chelsea defense looks Arsenalesque! Dafuq?!
Has nothing to do with the defense.................when your team has a blunt offense, the defense gets overworked.
Overworked defense = Mistakes = goals.
4-0 and you say it has nothing to do with the defense?!

OK
You can lose 6-0 and it got nothing to do with defense...............I can't believe I have to explain such basic things.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

txj wrote:How’s Maguires performance today any different from Tyrone Mings yesterday?
None, in fact I would go for Ming
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Mings was arguably the defender of the weekend. Superb display.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

zee wrote:
charlie wrote:I feel for Chelsea.
Hit the post twice when the game was 0-0.
Either one goes in and this might be a different game.

That said, the Chelsea defense looks Arsenalesque! Dafuq?!
Has nothing to do with the defense.................when your team has a blunt offense, the defense gets overworked.
Overworked defense = Mistakes = goals.

Transition defending was non existent...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Man Utd title challengers
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Kpiom!
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Cristao II wrote:Man Utd title challengers
Anything is possible in EPL, La liga and even Turkish league.

The rubbish leagues starts with BayernLIGA, PSG ligue 1, Juventus Serie and other banana leagues.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

I wonder how much Leway Lampard will get because of the transfer restrictions,...or because he is a English football hero.

This was always going to be a very difficult first game for him. I personally wont read much into this performance. Yes there were many mistakes, but luck also played a role for ManU.

Let's see where Chelsea is after 10-15 games, before we jump to conclusions.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
txj wrote:How’s Maguires performance today any different from Tyrone Mings yesterday?
Uncle, as a defender, I am surprised by your comments.

Mings was MOM yesterday, for me, but he is not even at the level of Maguire. Not even close. Ming was playing in a system that had 8 players behind the ball and due to his height and heading ability, was clearing out all crossed and he had a lot of fantastic blocks. Maguire, on the other hand, was playing for a club that attacked... you look at both performances and you can see which player actually has superior quality.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:Man Utd title challengers
:rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Pogba 2 assists already, playing deeper than usual, nothing to scream about, we still need a decent midfielder to help Pogba but Martial through the middle will always finish

Good start to the season, it does well for your confidence!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:

Mings was MOM yesterday, for me, but he is not even at the level of Maguire. Not even close. Ming was playing in a system that had 8 players behind the ball and due to his height and heading ability, was clearing out all crossed and he had a lot of fantastic blocks. Maguire, on the other hand, was playing for a club that attacked... you look at both performances and you can see which player actually has superior quality.

Wasn’t referring to quality, just the individual performance. Of course he’s not on Maguires level.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:

Wasn’t referring to quality, just the individual performance. Of course he’s not on Maguires level.
Okay.

But even performance-wise, as great as his performace was, he was "involved" in his team conceding two goals. its also easier when you have 7 other teammates with you behind the ball.

Anyway, he was very good yesterday. I wish for Villa's sake, he continues like that the whole season because they spent a lot of money on him.
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Clean sheet :P :sneaky:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:

Na over sabi dey worry you my good friend. The man compared the two matches, just performance, one performance. Mings made more challenges and more interceptions than Maguire did.

I know Maguire is better than Mings, there is a reason why one is an international and other is not.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

marko wrote:Pogba 2 assists already, playing deeper than usual, nothing to scream about, we still need a decent midfielder to help Pogba but Martial through the middle will always finish

KPOM! Midfield still a problem but defense and attack look okay to me. You have done well when the person slowing down your attack is Pogba, who overall had a very decent game bar some mistakes here and there. There is no way I will complain about 4-0 against Chelsea no matter what they are going through - this is not West Ham, Norwich or Crystal Palace. They also whooped United 4-0 not too long ago with one of our clown egocentric managers of the past in charge, and they enjoyed every minute of it. Lots of work to be done on decision making, especially with Rashford (a hard worker for the team), Pogba and Martial. This is a team with loads of potentials, missing a world-class battling defensive midfielder - if they can handle the mental part of the game when the chips are down then they are on to something.

On Chelsea, they look good to me and will definitely come good when they tidy up the defensive side of their game. They deserved at least a goal today, and the timing could have made a huge difference.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

YemiBrazil wrote:
marko wrote:Pogba 2 assists already, playing deeper than usual, nothing to scream about, we still need a decent midfielder to help Pogba but Martial through the middle will always finish

KPOM! Midfield still a problem but defense and attack look okay to me. You have done well when the person slowing down your attack is Pogba, who overall had a very decent game bar some mistakes here and there. There is no way I will complain about 4-0 against Chelsea no matter what they are going through - this is not West Ham, Norwich or Crystal Palace. They also whooped United 4-0 not too long ago with one of our clown egocentric managers of the past in charge, and they enjoyed every minute of it. Lots of work to be done on decision making, especially with Rashford (a hard worker for the team), Pogba and Martial. This is a team with loads of potentials, missing a world-class battling defensive midfielder - if they can handle the mental part of the game when the chips are down then they are on to something.

On Chelsea, they look good to me and will definitely come good when they tidy up the defensive side of their game. They deserved at least a goal today, and the timing could have made a huge difference.

With Pogba, United needs to make a huge decision right now! I hope his mind is still at united, They need to offer him an improved contract, probably double what he is on, even when he is not having a good game, he is more than capable of providing those fantastic assists we saw today and that is the mark of a world class player, I dont know if Fred is trusted by OGS, for Pogba to flourish, he need some top talent playing alongside him, still not sold on Mctomminay, Matic is way past it

The way it is, the likes of Young will not get a game this season, i think Daniel James is a starter, his pace is frightening
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/li ... eague-live
The Man of the Match is Harry Maguire:

“It’s a great start for myself and the team. We rode our luck a little bit in the first half – we gave them too many chances. There were a few nerves and we gave the ball away in dangerous areas. But I think we were a lot better in the second half, we controlled the game and thoroughly deserved the three points.

“Our front three are so dangerous, on the break especially, and it was a convincing win in the end. Even at 3-0 and 4-0 we wanted a clean sheet; we knew there were only two here last season. We need to make this place a fortress. It’s a good start, but we’re not getting carried away.”

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

marko wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

With Pogba, United needs to make a huge decision right now! I hope his mind is still at united, They need to offer him an improved contract, probably double what he is on, even when he is not having a good game, he is more than capable of providing those fantastic assists we saw today and that is the mark of a world class player, I dont know if Fred is trusted by OGS, for Pogba to flourish, he need some top talent playing alongside him, still not sold on Mctomminay, Matic is way past it

The way it is, the likes of Young will not get a game this season, i think Daniel James is a starter, his pace is frightening
True. Pogba's attitude was laid back in the early part of the game but when United turned on the heat in the 2nd half he totally lightened up and was great seeing him urge the lads on after the 2nd goal. They need to have an open-minded discussion with him and his agent to figure a way out as they can make this work. He is crucial to the team when he is in the right frame of mind and willing to get the job done.

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

YemiBrazil wrote:
marko wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

True. Pogba's attitude was laid back in the early part of the game but when United turned on the heat in the 2nd half he totally lightened up and was great seeing him urge the lads on after the 2nd goal. They need to have an open-minded discussion with him and his agent to figure a way out as they can make this work. He is crucial to the team when he is in the right frame of mind and willing to get the job done.
Exactly, without him in our team, we are ordinary, the European transfer window closes in September, real madrid are in turmoil now, the only credible team is Juventus, he can certainly add value to their midfield, they need to sit him down like you pointed out, in fact united need to up the ante and offer him and De Gea fat contracts, a club like united built on the back of marketing need a Pogba in that team

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... tch-report
Yet the more pertinent song, perhaps, came a few minutes earlier when the Stretford End made it clear what they thought of Graeme Souness, the long-term critic of Paul Pogba. Pogba had just supplied the best pass of the match to dissect the entire Chelsea defence, resulting in Rashford slipping the ball past Kepa Arrizabalaga to make it 3-0. Pogba also supplied the decisive pass for James to score with a deflected shot and, on this evidence, maybe even Souness might be forced to concede the French World Cup winner brings more good than bad to this club. Pogba was the last player to leave the pitch, lingering to applaud the section of the Stretford End where he has not always been applauded so warmly. It felt like a man who wanted to repair some of the damage from a summer in which he openly stated he wanted to find another club.