David Okereke on fire !!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Paveman
Egg
Egg
Re: David Okereke on fire !!!!!

Post by Paveman »

Dammy wrote:
john12 wrote:A player gets offered to sign for EPL, la liga clubs instead he chooses to sign for another BACKWATER club. Tomorrow, when we jam a Quality team with the likes of Messi, modric etc people will expect our coaches to turn magician. Na THUNDER go faya any person wey blame rohr for that 2018 WC.
If he signs for Southampton, Sassuolo or Caliagri, he would struggle to score 10 goals a season, but at Brugge, he would score over 20 goals and also play in the UCL. His value will increase and bigger teams than the aforementioned ones would come for him. there's also the Olympics at the end of the season.
His agents knew what they were doing by allowing him to go to FC Brugge, which is a big European team.
People forget that he was playing for a mid-table Serie B team last season...
Let’s hope he bangs in 30 goals this year. I think he has it in him....
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

john12 wrote:1) https://readsouthampton.com/2019/05/21/ ... r-okereke/
2) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.comple ... ereke/amp/

I obviously don’t have the official offers but best believe it, if a Belgian club sign you for $12 million then you definitely got offers from top 5 league.
Bro,
I was disappointed when he went to Brugge but again we don't know why he made that choice. But youve now come here to post rumours as fact. Have some more dignity than this.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Now they are beginning to over shrine the boy. they shoudl not go put pressure on him o.

Okereke already gets Club Brugge fans to forget 25 million pounds man Wesley

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/okereke-alr ... an-wesley/

Record signing David Okereke has wasted little time to get Club Brugge fans to forget 25 million pounds striker Wesley Moraes, who has left for Aston Villa after his goals in previous seasons.

Okereke, 21, has been an instant hit in Belgium – three goals and an assist in two league games, not to forget his display in the friendly against Sporting Lisbon two weeks ago, when he opened scoring for Club Brugge to eventually win 6-5 on penalties after scores were tied at 2-2.

Okereke is already the fans’ favourite at Club Brugge
On Friday night, the Club Brugge home ground, the Jan Breydel Stadium, sang his name, nine to ten times: ‘David Okereke, oh oh oh oooh’.

It was the same two weeks ago vs Sporting Lisbon and last Saturday in Beveren.

A new fans’ favourite has been born. And just to say not many now think too much about Wesley Moraes these days.

“Whether my family was here? No. But I have bought them a new decoder so that they can watch all my matches. (enthusiastic) In the meantime, my mobile is full of videos of how they celebrate my goals,” Okereke said of his new life in Belgium.

But he and his family had to wait twice before they could really celebrate his goals on Friday, no thanks to the VAR. Each time for alleged offside.

Quite a few strikers often leave too early or stay too long when their opponents move. Not Okereke. Why would it, if you are so explosive?

Taking advantage of a poor defence, he first aimed a loose ball from Emmanuel Dennis neatly with the left foot and through the post for the first goal: 1-0.

After which the Nigerian – less than five minutes later – dashed into the box to put away a superb pass by Deli around the goalkeeper.

The Bruges legion was full of fun, while Okereke – after another green light from the VAR – sprinted down and celebrated the goal on his knees.

“However, I thought I was offside. ‘You have to kick that pass faster!’ I had already called to Simon (Deli, ed.). (laughs) I started apologizing afterwards. (amused) ‘Forgive me, please!’,” he recalled later.

From behind his laptop, Dinamo Kiev’s scout had already marked him out.

All the more because Okereke is much more than a merciless sniper. Club’s record purchase is also an intelligent team player, he does well at set pieces and his first ball is rarely sloppy, like his assist for Percy Tau. A great cross.

Add to that his speed, his drive, his vision and work ethics, and then you know why Club Brugge paid eight million Euros for him.

It is only a matter of time before Okereke walks around with his Golden Bull on his shirt. Like (Mbwana) Samatta at Genk, the last goal machine that coach Philippe Clement designed last season.

If it wasn’t for the silly rule that the goals in play-off 2 also count towards the title of top scorer, then Samatta would have been top scorer instead of Harbaoui.

It is now up to Okereke to ensure he does it in May.

Okereke with Club Brugge coach Clement
The Nigerian national team, the Super Eagles, can also not afford to overlook him. The excuse that he only played with Spezia in the Italian Serie B is no longer tenable.

On Tuesday, Okereke will make his UEFA Champions League debut as he chases his dream: to reach the group stage of the Champions League.

That was why the coach took him off against STVV after just 65 minutes. He whispered something in his ear. “I’ll need you on Tuesday,” probably.

The Jan Breydel Stadium rose again and worshiped their new star – ‘David Okereke, oh oh oh oooh.’

They will also know him in Kiev.

Adapted from HLN
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Dammy wrote:
john12 wrote:A player gets offered to sign for EPL, la liga clubs instead he chooses to sign for another BACKWATER club. Tomorrow, when we jam a Quality team with the likes of Messi, modric etc people will expect our coaches to turn magician. Na THUNDER go faya any person wey blame rohr for that 2018 WC.
If he signs for Southampton, Sassuolo or Caliagri, he would struggle to score 10 goals a season, but at Brugge, he would score over 20 goals and also play in the UCL. His value will increase and bigger teams than the aforementioned ones would come for him. there's also the Olympics at the end of the season.
His agents knew what they were doing by allowing him to go to FC Brugge, which is a big European team.

Only Nigerians think that playing in a UCL game suddenly makes a player a quality player. How many crap players have we had from the Israeli and Turkish teams play in UCL games before and remain crap players after words. I'm not questioning this player's career move, I just want people to stop this playing the UCL nonsesne.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

1naija wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Only Nigerians think that playing in a UCL game suddenly makes a player a quality player. How many crap players have we had from the Israeli and Turkish teams play in UCL games before and remain crap players after words. I'm not questioning this player's career move, I just want people to stop this playing the UCL nonsesne.
Please remind me how Yakubu Aiyegbeni got noticed by English football? Playing Champions league matches against Manchester United! :) :)
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enyi wrote:Danfo driver and John12, are you too really serious??

You are arguing over offers from top 5 leagues in case the SE meets Messi and co.......

r

The madness on this site is becoming more than I can accept.

Since I have to make it clear, I will make it clear---- my argument is one thing and one thing only -- "I need evidence that Okereke turned down offers from EPL and La Liga clubs."

Is that too much to ask? Are we just going to allow a pathological liar and an unchecked loon to tell lies without asking him for evidence to back up his assertion?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:
Are you also going to sit there and make unfounded claims that you dug deep into your #$% to release?

When are we going to enforce truth in this forum? Are we going to allow people to change this forum into ANS and tell lies as they go? You have never met his agents, you have no evidence that he received offers from Southampton, Sassuolo or Cagliari. Zero! What proof do you have to make the statements you are makng?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Last game is in BR Live app...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:Last game is in BR Live app...
Tempted to pay $80 for a year of Champs league, Europa League and Beligian League. Is it worth it?

I already pay $40 a month for slingtv...
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

1) https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.calcio ... ugge-91705
okereke allegedly snubbing Sassuolo
2) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun ... kereke/amp
From Suns newspapers. Okereke snubbing Southampton

3) https://www.insidefutbol.com/2019/06/25 ... ke/425729/
West Ham and crystal palace was allegedly interested

4) https://readsouthampton.com/2019/06/17/ ... nterested/ his own agent confirms it

Yes, 1 website can be a liar but when numerous and multiple people confirms it, there’s truth to it. None of us are directly privy to his “personal Contratual offers” but many sources cannot be wrong. Also, some of these sources were absolutely “spot on” when Brugge officially signed him like
1) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.comple ... tract/amp/
2) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.c ... 8s88nx46ox

You can act DELUSIONAL or IGNORANT as much as you want but multiple sources already confirmed that EPL, Seria A clubs were interested in him and I believe he made a fairly decent choice to sign for them. However, you guys better realize that we’re just an average team and when we jam “WORLDCLASS” opposition cut that Entitlement/arrogant bullcrap and just hope we win
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Only a DELUSIONAL person will label multiple sources online as “lack of proof” while believing the same “websites” when official contract is Signed. Na thunder go fire anyone wey blame rohr for that Croatia or Argentina defeat. We’re just an AVERAGE team and the high time we understand that, the better for us
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Only a BRAINDED Slave who has suffered from multiple SEXUAL BATTERY by his German master will be so IDIOTIC and DELUSIONAL to believe rumor links.

This CRETIN thinks he is the only one who knows how to use capital letters. :lol:

The thunder that will fire you and level you to pieces is coming. Mark my words!
Last edited by danfo driver on Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Oh! I forgot to add one more — CUN.T!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

he hangs again for the 3rd game in a row after comming on in the 60th minute

That is 4 goals in his first 3 league games.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Okereke came on as a sub midway in the 2H today vs Oostende...
And promptly grabbed the first goal about 12 mins after coming on in a 2-0 Brugge victory.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

With the victory...
Brugge tops the league table with an unblemished record after 3 games.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote:Okereke came on as a sub midway in the 2H today vs Oostende...
And promptly grabbed the first goal about 12 mins after coming on in a 2-0 Brugge victory.

With the victory...
That bobo good o, I hope Rohr is watching!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Scoring in Belgium is a basic requirement for any Nigerian juliper striker with aspirations of holding down a regular shirt for SE but it's far from an accurate measure of the strikers true value. Ironically, we've had a few players tear up the Julioer league only to be a bust for SE. Ezekiel Imoh, who was also touted by VE turned out to be a bust, Akpalla tormented Belgium only to turn out to be average, Bonaventure is yet to prove his quality, Onyekuru is the only one we're still waiting to see if he is ias good as advertised in the GWG.

Okereke is no doubt a quality player but he also has his limitations that we're conveniently overlooking because he's scoring tap ins . When asked to hold and distribute, help the mf or deliver from the wings we'll start to see what he's made of. I hope he can deliver .
OCCUPY NFF!!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Scoring in Belgium is a basic requirement for any Nigerian juliper striker with aspirations of holding down a regular shirt for SE but it's far from an accurate measure of the strikers true value. Ironically, we've had a few players tear up the Julioer league only to be a bust for SE. Ezekiel Imoh, who was also touted by VE turned out to be a bust, Akpalla tormented Belgium only to turn out to be average, Bonaventure is yet to prove his quality, Onyekuru is the only one we're still waiting to see if he is ias good as advertised in the GWG.

Okereke is no doubt a quality player but he also has his limitations that we're conveniently overlooking because he's scoring tap ins . When asked to hold and distribute, help the mf or deliver from the wings we'll start to see what he's made of. I hope he can deliver .
You haven't watched him play.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Scoring in Belgium is a basic requirement for any Nigerian juliper striker with aspirations of holding down a regular shirt for SE but it's far from an accurate measure of the strikers true value. Ironically, we've had a few players tear up the Julioer league only to be a bust for SE. Ezekiel Imoh, who was also touted by VE turned out to be a bust, Akpalla tormented Belgium only to turn out to be average, Bonaventure is yet to prove his quality, Onyekuru is the only one we're still waiting to see if he is ias good as advertised in the GWG.

Bro, Okereke is the real deal. He's got everything a striker needs to succeed and I don't see him playing in Belgium after this season. IMO, he's ahead of Osimhen as he's more powerful. I hope Rohr drops his plans to try and persuade Ighalo to rescind his decision to retire. Now is the time to blood Okereke, Osimhen and Onyekuru.
I am happy
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

You are really a clown, have you watched him ever to write this? Go and watch his video clips when he was in Italy division 2 scoring goals ,then come back sane and write with facts of someone not shaking.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

osita wrote:

You are really a clown, have you watched him ever to write this? Go and watch his video clips when he was in Italy division 2 scoring goals ,then come back sane and write with facts of someone not shaking.
Okereke has got unbelievable technique. If there are doubts about Osimhen's first touch, there's none about Okereke's and the boy has got pace.
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
Gotti wrote:Okereke came on as a sub midway in the 2H today vs Oostende...

With the victory...
That bobo good o, I hope Rohr is watching!
I have never seen him play, however I want to make a comment..rohr will not invite him...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved