Etim Esin

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Etim Esin

Post by Sir V »

How good was Etim ? I never had the opportunity to watch him.

[/video]
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Re: Etim Esin

Post by Mr Shows »

Arguably just as good, if not better than Okocha. Could dribble with both feet, had a canon of a shot, excellent free kick taker but just lacked discipline.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

I don't think so. Etim Esin couldn't dribble. He was overhyped.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I saw Etim play live vs ghana....at Surulere stadium, this was during Afcon 92 qualifiers, it ended 0-0....I have seen Jay jay....man pass man..Jay Jay had no equal
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Mr Shows wrote:Arguably just as good, if not better than Okocha. Could dribble with both feet, had a canon of a shot, excellent free kick taker but just lacked discipline.
Ol'boy, ABEG, delete that one time.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Mr Shows wrote:Arguably just as good, if not better than Okocha. Could dribble with both feet, had a canon of a shot, excellent free kick taker but just lacked discipline.
I never saw Etim Esin play as I was barely even born the last time, but I can definitely call that assertion bullshit... with due respect to your opinion of course.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

[/video]
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Enugu II wrote:
Ol'boy, ABEG, delete that one time.
EII, abeg tell us about Chibuzor Ehilegbu
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

There are less than a handful of Nigerian players with comparable talent to Jay-Jay’s. The most obvious was Godwin Ogbueze. Mathias Obianika and Haruna Ilerika had considerable and significant dribbling skills, as did Christian Madu, who had general open field savvy as well. Samson Siasia also had his moments :!:

Cheers.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

DIMKA76 wrote:[/video]

:lol: :lol: Not a good look IMHO.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

scholl wrote:

How did he miss that? :) :)
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

scholl wrote:

At all. I tried finding a better clip but nada o :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

but how could was he really? Did he have a more effective positive dribble than JJ?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

masturbatory dribble does not count nor matter.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Hope people commenting actually saw him play. Anyone born after 1980 probably shouldn't comment because you probably aren't old enough to really have seen Esin in his prime.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
I never saw Etim Esin play as I was barely even born the last time, but I can definitely call that assertion bullshit... with due respect to your opinion of course.
BS might be a bit harsh, but EE was definitely up there with some of the Nigerian dribbling legends.
I'd say he never really fulfilled his full potential and he is like many of the Nigerian 'greats' who had limited stints in the senior national team but have somehow been able to enter the Nigerian Book of GOATs, albeit in pencil.

Its a similar situation to players like Usiyen, Ogbueze, Okorowanta, Ehilegbu, Owubokiri, Madu etc
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:There are less than a handful of Nigerian players with comparable talent to Jay-Jay’s. The most obvious was Godwin Ogbueze. Mathias Obianika and Haruna Ilerika had considerable and significant dribbling skills, as did Christian Madu, who had general open field savvy as well. Samson Siasia also had his moments :!:

Cheers.
GOOD LIST OF PLAYERS YOU DREW UP THERE, AND...

...with the exception of Madu, I'm familiar with their plays and levels. That's why I feel confident that Haruna Ilerika was clearly on a different level compared to them. He was at one time the offensive backbone of the SE, something that can't be said of any of the other players. As a matter of fact, I have a real problem choosing between Okocha and Haruna.
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bell wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:There are less than a handful of Nigerian players with comparable talent to Jay-Jay’s. The most obvious was Godwin Ogbueze. Mathias Obianika and Haruna Ilerika had considerable and significant dribbling skills, as did Christian Madu, who had general open field savvy as well. Samson Siasia also had his moments :!:

Cheers.

...with the exception of Madu, I'm familiar with their plays and levels. That's why I feel confident that Haruna Ilerika was clearly on a different level compared to them. He was at one time the offensive backbone of the SE, something that can't be said of any of the other players. As a matter of fact, I have a real problem choosing between Okocha and Haruna.
Bell
But Haruna was unable to nail down a permanent spot in the then Green Eagles.
Wasn't it Muda that was keeping him out?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Why did he not play for Nigeria at the 94 World Cup?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

scholl wrote:
Myth shattering... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Abegi, even Pius Ikedia sef was much better than this.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Damunk wrote:
Bell wrote:

Cheers.

Bell
But Haruna was unable to nail down a permanent spot in the then Green Eagles.
He did. He was in the National team years before Muda. After the Nigeria/Ghana sports festival in 1975, Father Tiko invited the young stars like Odiye. Usiyan, best Ogedegbe to camp, that was when Muda took that position from Ilerika. Muda was more of an intelligent player than Ilerika.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote:But Haruna was unable to nail down a permanent spot in the then Green Eagles.
Banish the thought...
Haruna Illerika was probably the first name on the teamsheet in the early 1970s.

Muda Lawal did not make his Eagles debut till 1975 (his real coming out party was 1976 AFCON)...
Xtian Madu was just as great a dribbler as Haruna and Jay-Jay, but not quick enough for Father Tiko.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Sir V wrote:He did. He was in the National team years before Muda. After the Nigeria/Ghana sports festival in 1975, Father Tiko invited the young stars like Odiye. Usiyan, best Ogedegbe to camp, that was when Muda took that position from Ilerika. Muda was more of an intelligent player than Ilerika.
Respectfully disagree...

Muda was Intelligent alright but his engine was perhaps his greatest asset...
Illerika saw the entire filed like very few did while his left foot had intimate relations with the ball.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL