Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:37 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39011
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Goldleaf wrote:
Seasoned football watchers will look at those 2 goals by Victor Osimhen and be reminded of a certain George Oppong Weah. No wonder AC Milan showed interest in him earlier. Power, speed, athleticism, balance and ruthless, accurate finishing as if the keeper was not there. Victor will already be on the watch list of some big european clubs already. Hope he continues to improve.


Let’s pray he scores more than Weah used to, as he doesn’t have the overall game of a Weah.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:04 pm
Posts: 2596
Can i ask a stupid question, Because Ighalo is scoring goals does that justify Oshimen playing just 45mins of football? what of Onuacho that was preferred before him whats the reason for that?

Rohr starting with Ighalo is understandable.....but nothing can justify playing Onuacho before Oshimen not on any record or talent.....lets say that Onuacho is fantastic in training...ok fine but after a start and a worthless sub appearance....you would have though that Rohr would have at least given the boy a chance to do anything.......anything at all.

VC....you said that he was useless in the match he played.....actually that is false, what i saw was a kid full of enthusiasm waiting to be unleashed......

Rohr failed on this period

_________________
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 45891
maceo4 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
For me, he was quite good protecting the ball and winning free kicks as well. His strides are problematic for the defense.


I dunno why Rohr was accusing him of being weak on the ball, he showed none of that today...


The very first touch he had when came on in Egypt he fell at the slightest touch. Besides, Rohr did not say he was a poor striker. We had the golden boot winner ahead of him. It's not like he scored when he came on. Now is his time to shine. If he keeps up this form, he will be our next striker, and will be there for a long time..

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39011
Location: Land of the Terrapins
1naija wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
For me, he was quite good protecting the ball and winning free kicks as well. His strides are problematic for the defense.


I dunno why Rohr was accusing him of being weak on the ball, he showed none of that today...


The very first touch he had when came on in Egypt he fell at the slightest touch. Besides, Rohr did not say he was a poor striker. We had the golden boot winner ahead of him. It's not like he scored when he came on. Now is his time to shine. If he keeps up this form, he will be our next striker, and will be there for a long time..


That could just be a coincidence (as even Ighalo was doing the same things trying to win FK's, Moses was doing the same thing at the WC, doesn't mean they are weak - they just needed to cut it out), as I watched him in the Belgian league last season and didn't get the idea that he was too weak or fell too easily. Looking back the game against Madagascar would have been a great chance to introduce fringe players but Rohr didn't give these guys a chance and his excuse simply wasn't good enough IMO. If we lost with fringe players it would be more understandable than losing with the likes of Musa and Ighalo. That said we should be able to criticize some of Rohr's moves we think were poor.

Anyways, he's looking much better and sharper now than he even did last season and I hope he carries this form throughout the whole season.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 38815
Location: Somewhere
Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Sir V wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
The job of a coach is to put players in a position to succeed. Rohr had a striker like Osimhen and couldn't use him. Instead he was saying things like he needs to be stronger, he needs to work harder.



Did you watch Oshimen at the AFCON?


I couldn't, he was on the bench except for a few minutes in the 3rd place game.
You are the same 'genius' that would ask why a rookie Osimhen should be played ahead of a tested veteran like Ighalo the moment Osimhen is being owned by battle-hardened Camerounian or Guinean defenders.

By the way, in caseyou didnt notice, Ighalo won AFCON's GB. So as ever, the facts suggest Rohr made the right call. :taunt:


maybe Osimhen would have won the Diamond Boots? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
Image
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2402
This is meant as a compliment. Osimhen reminds me of Jamie Vardy. Both are fast, good finishers, and good at running channels and will chase down long balls all day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:32 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40578
Location: UK
olu wrote:
This is meant as a compliment. Osimhen reminds me of Jamie Vardy. Both are fast, good finishers, and good at running channels and will chase down long balls all day.
It is definitely a compliment. Vardy has earned his respect as a top striker.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 83486
Location: Earth
Rohr tried to destroy Osimhen's confidence

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:24 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:51 am
Posts: 5052
Location: No man's land
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Rohr tried to destroy this players confidence

By picking him for the ANC :???:

_________________
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:30 am
Posts: 8577
Location: Canada
imehjunior wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Rohr tried to destroy this players confidence

By picking him for the ANC :???:


Over Iheanacho for that matter ..

_________________
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 10847
Siddonlook11 wrote:
imehjunior wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Rohr tried to destroy this players confidence

By picking him for the ANC :???:


Over Iheanacho for that matter ..



Ihenacho is not "striker", so nothing like that happened.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:28 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40578
Location: UK
ANC wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
imehjunior wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Rohr tried to destroy this players confidence

By picking him for the ANC :???:


Over Iheanacho for that matter ..



Ihenacho is not "striker", so nothing like that happened.
Here's Rohr, on dropping Nacho (and Ajayi) from AFCON squad.
Quote:
“We had seven training sessions to see the fitness, confidence of the players. Normally in a match, you cannot bring so many strikers. We played with a lot of offensive players.

We played with seven strikers, all the strikers who deserved to play. We started with three strikers, the others came in. We have (Samuel) Chukwueze, (Samuel) Kalu, Henry (Onyekuru), (Victor) Osimhen, Paul (Onuachu), (Moses) Simon also.

The choice of dropping two players is really difficult for me...I can’t take every one of you (players) to the AFCON... but we just must drop two players. It’s so unfortunate and a difficult moment for Iheanacho and Ajayi missing out but they are still part of the team"

https://punchng.com/dropping-iheanacho- ... call-rohr/

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 83486
Location: Earth
Typical damunk always posting JJ to support his lazy points... very pathetic

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:38 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40578
Location: UK
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Typical damunk always posting JJ to support his lazy points... very pathetic
Good morning.
I have noticed you and you are still breathing.
Congrats.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 10847
Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Typical damunk always posting JJ to support his lazy points... very pathetic
Good morning.
I have noticed you and you are still breathing.
Congrats.



:lol:

I do not like Rohr, because the team's play suck; it does not reflect a team thats been together for more than a year and under the same coach. He went to world cup to learn :curse: . He refuses to make simple changes even against preponderance of the evidence to do so. Using your example, he played a low pass-completion rate player (Musa) at the wings even when hx has shown Musa plays best centrally. He only stopped playing mikel in the AM after his behind was handed to him by the cartoon country. Yes, people make mistakes, but when it becomes a pattern its a habit rather than an accident.

Stop defending this man Damunk, I agree he is about the best you have at the moment (compared to Siasia, Eguavon, etc), but Nigeria can do better than this. The earlier you start searching for the right coach, the better. You have quality talent coming through the pipeline, you do not wanna waste it by settling on a perpetual underachiever. The man celebrated :lol: GOLDEN Bronze for goodness sake, Naija is in not Niger.

And no he could not have made such a huge transformational difference on Oshimen, by benching him at the Afcon. Not sure your line of reasoning on that one. Oshimen that I have watched, would bench Ighalo in China and probably would have scored more goals at the AfCON.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:27 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40578
Location: UK
ANC wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Typical damunk always posting JJ to support his lazy points... very pathetic
Good morning.
I have noticed you and you are still breathing.
Congrats.



:lol:

I do not like Rohr, because the team's play suck; it does not reflect a team thats been together for more than a year and under the same coach. He went to world cup to learn :curse: . He refuses to make simple changes even against preponderance of the evidence to do so. Using your example, he played a low pass-completion rate player (Musa) at the wings even when hx has shown Musa plays best centrally. He only stopped playing mikel in the AM after his behind was handed to him by the cartoon country. Yes, people make mistakes, but when it becomes a pattern its a habit rather than an accident.

Stop defending this man Damunk, I agree he is about the best you have at the moment (compared to Siasia, Eguavon, etc), but Nigeria can do better than this. The earlier you start searching for the right coach, the better. You have quality talent coming through the pipeline, you do not wanna waste it by settling on a perpetual underachiever. The man celebrated :lol: GOLDEN Bronze for goodness sake, Naija is in not Niger.

And no he could not have made such a huge transformational difference on Oshimen, by benching him at the Afcon. Not sure your line of reasoning on that one. Oshimen that I have watched, would bench Ighalo in China and probably would have scored more goals at the AfCON.
Problem here is that you are linking everything to Rohr...as long as you can spin it to fit your narrative. Not everything is a 'defense' or Rohr, but to the biased, even a neutral/objective position or factual arguments that run against your POV is 'bias'.
So when we say things like:

- 'Ighalo won the GB, so why play Osimhen?' it is seen as a 'defense' of Rohr - even though it is simple unadulterated fact.

- When we research Rohr's P W D L GF G records, post and compare them with our other national coaches you say it is a 'defense' of Rohr, even though they are simple checkable facts.

- When we say he has brought into the SE circle an unprecedented number of quality young players that are all on the upswing with no 'hey yous' in sight, you say we are 'defending' him, even though they are incontrovertible facts.

- When we say there are no crippling scandals within the SE camp or with the NFF, you say we are defending him, even though it is clear for all to see.

Why is it you Rohr haters never bring up these very glaring facts in your debate? You'd rather downplay them and harp on about feelings and coaching decisions you are not qualified to competently comment on. At least I have pointed out - based on facts - that Musa's pass completion rate was piss poor and so you will never see me defending Rohr's decision to start him virtually every game. But you guys? No facts, everything is just feelings. :D

Feelings like 'Rohr shoulda, coulda, woulda substituted Musa for Onyekuru for Kalu for Ighalo for Osimhen for Moses for Musa.... at the 67th minute instead of the 80th minute instead of the 90th instead of the 44th minute....and even played Ezenwa instead Akpeyi instead of Uzoho instead of Ezenwa instead of Uzoho instead of Akpeyi"

Feelings! :P

What you are really saying is that until you have enough good factual evidence to back up your argument, we shouldn't challenge you because right now, to any neutral, it really is a no-contest and you just can't accept that...fact.

And this is why you guys are torn between your unquestionable love for the SE and your feverish desire for Rohr to fail spectacularly so as to validate your 'hate' campaign.

E no easy for una and it is not my job to make it any easier. Pele. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 83486
Location: Earth
Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Typical damunk always posting JJ to support his lazy points... very pathetic
Good morning.
I have noticed you and you are still breathing.
Congrats.

you've formed the habit of posting JJ(Junk Journalism )

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:28 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40578
Location: UK
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Typical damunk always posting JJ to support his lazy points... very pathetic
Good morning.
I have noticed you and you are still breathing.
Congrats.

you've formed the habit of posting JJ(Junk Journalism )

Should we talk about not only what you post, but what you are? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 10847
Rohr is the best thing since sliced bread.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group