NPFL Top Scorer Sanusi Passes U17 MRI Test but ........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
NPFL Top Scorer Sanusi Passes U17 MRI Test but ........

Post by Enugu II »

NPFL Top Scorer Sunusi Passes U17 MRI Test As Confusion Trails His Trip To Russia
August 12, 20190739
https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/08/12/n ... to-russia/

The top scorer of the Nigeria Professional Football League last season Sunusi Ibrahim will likely lead the line for the Nigeria U17 team at the U17 World Youth Championship which will take place in India later this year, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Sunusi was made to undergo the compulsory Magnetic Imaging Resonance (MRI) test last week to ascertain if he falls within the age limit and the forward who scored 10 goals last season passed the test with flying colors.

Last season he was tied with Akwa United Mfon Udoh on goal scored but edge the official top scorer award base on the rules governing the top scorer award as he had one yellow card less than Udoh.

Owngoalnigeria.com also gathered that his trip to Russia where he is set to undergo medicals has generated confusion as he will turn 17 in December, hence can’t sign a professional contract yet with any club base abroad base on the rule of transfer of minors.

We however gathered from sources close to the player that he is in Denmark and not Russia on the bills of second division Danish side Fredericia where he will undergo a medical with the team as they look for an option to sign him when he turns 18 in December next year.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: NPFL Top Scorer Sanusi Passes U17 MRI Test but ........

Post by olu »

Not sure what to make of this. Not sure the test proves he is truly U-17 or if this shows that the MRI test is not 100% accurate.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Enugu II wrote:
NPFL Top Scorer Sunusi Passes U17 MRI Test As Confusion Trails His Trip To Russia
August 12, 20190739

The top scorer of the Nigeria Professional Football League last season Sunusi Ibrahim will likely lead the line for the Nigeria U17 team at the U17 World Youth Championship which will take place in India later this year, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Sunusi was made to undergo the compulsory Magnetic Imaging Resonance (MRI) test last week to ascertain if he falls within the age limit and the forward who scored 10 goals last season passed the test with flying colors.

Last season he was tied with Akwa United Mfon Udoh on goal scored but edge the official top scorer award base on the rules governing the top scorer award as he had one yellow card less than Udoh.

Owngoalnigeria.com also gathered that his trip to Russia where he is set to undergo medicals has generated confusion as he will turn 17 in December, hence can’t sign a professional contract yet with any club base abroad base on the rule of transfer of minors.

We however gathered from sources close to the player that he is in Denmark and not Russia on the bills of second division Danish side Fredericia where he will undergo a medical with the team as they look for an option to sign him when he turns 18 in December next year.

here we go again. We need MRI to tell if our children are u-17?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Something is not right with the system right now. The coaches DID NOT like the team they took to the African championship and they have requested more players. There's less concern for MRI now for some reason....maybe the rules get lax for the WC? I dont know but I am following closely and will let you all know of any neww developments.

I will say though...this report is weird. There havent been any new tests administered so i doubt Sanusi took any.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ugbowo wrote:Something is not right with the system right now. The coaches DID NOT like the team they took to the African championship and they have requested more players. There's less concern for MRI now for some reason....maybe the rules get lax for the WC? I dont know but I am following closely and will let you all know of any neww developments.

I will say though...this report is weird. There havent been any new tests administered so i doubt Sanusi took any.
I believe they are (re-)tested at the WC, but NOT disqualified...
Reported reason being that several actual U17s (Westerners, I presume) fail the test.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ugbowo wrote:Something is not right with the system right now. The coaches DID NOT like the team they took to the African championship and they have requested more players. There's less concern for MRI now for some reason....maybe the rules get lax for the WC? I dont know but I am following closely and will let you all know of any neww developments.

Not surprising...
Considering the team lost 4-5 starters (including the excellent GK) on the eve of the U17 AFCON.

However, something else seems afoot, because suddenly Coach Manu Garba was compelled to only this week publicly DENY the invitation of GK Daniel Jinadu (see 2016 pic below) from West Ham Academy (where Ovie Ejaria came from to the 2013 U17 camp, before moving to the Liverpool Academy) who was expected to be in the list of players for the pre-WC camp but offering him the opportunity to come to the camp on his own (same as Ovie Ejaria did). Seems Jinadu's callup made some folks nervous.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

BTW, here's the list of invited players (according to OwnGoal.Com)...
https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/08/13/s ... s-for-wyc/
U-17 THE FULL LIST

Goalkeepers: Sunday Steven, Suleiman Shuaibu, Joseph Oluwabusola, Zubair Suleiman, Moses Aluko, Anthony Okoronkwo

Defenders: Etim Charles, Ogaga Oduko, Ferdinand Clement, David Ishaya Akulo, Shedrack Tanko, Mayowa Abayomi, Kelvin Agho, Dahiru Yusuf, Adeniyi Timilehin, Ismaila Salaudeen, Usman Mohammed, Emeka Egbu

Midfielders: Samson Tijani, Alfred Olaniyan, Ibrahim Jabaar, Fawaz Abdullahi, Shuaibu Abdulrazak, Peter Agba, Muyideen Oyindamola, Suleiman Lawal, Longbak Kling Shak, Damilola Adeyeye, Ajir Sesugh, Gotee Ntignee

Forwards: Akinkunmi Amoo, Olakunle Olusegun, Wisdom Ubani, Divine Nwachukwu, Mubarak Gata, Adrien Akande, Etim Friday Ubi, Haruna Lawal, Egesionu Suporu, Sunusi Ibrahim, Samson Komolafe, Ismail Ayodele, Ogunkoya Paul, Iniobong Okon, Opeyemi Qudus, Tobi Adeleke, Oluebube Oguduba, Usman Abba, Odeh David Emeka, Gideon Okon Asuquo, Bashar Issa Olatunji, Mohammed Dikko
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
August 12, 20190739

We need to make birth certificate records compulsory in Nigeria.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
August 12, 20190739

We don't, but CAF/FIFA do abi? I don't think they are doing the test on behalf of the boys parents :rotf:

But if true, this kinda shuts up all the folks that said a true teenager couldn't make it in the tough NPFL...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Gotti wrote:BTW, here's the list of invited players (according to OwnGoal.Com)...
https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/08/13/s ... s-for-wyc/
U-17 THE FULL LIST

Goalkeepers: Sunday Steven, Suleiman Shuaibu, Joseph Oluwabusola, Zubair Suleiman, Moses Aluko, Anthony Okoronkwo

Defenders: Etim Charles, Ogaga Oduko, Ferdinand Clement, David Ishaya Akulo, Shedrack Tanko, Mayowa Abayomi, Kelvin Agho, Dahiru Yusuf, Adeniyi Timilehin, Ismaila Salaudeen, Usman Mohammed, Emeka Egbu

Midfielders: Samson Tijani, Alfred Olaniyan, Ibrahim Jabaar, Fawaz Abdullahi, Shuaibu Abdulrazak, Peter Agba, Muyideen Oyindamola, Suleiman Lawal, Longbak Kling Shak, Damilola Adeyeye, Ajir Sesugh, Gotee Ntignee

Forwards: Akinkunmi Amoo, Olakunle Olusegun, Wisdom Ubani, Divine Nwachukwu, Mubarak Gata, Adrien Akande, Etim Friday Ubi, Haruna Lawal, Egesionu Suporu, Sunusi Ibrahim, Samson Komolafe, Ismail Ayodele, Ogunkoya Paul, Iniobong Okon, Opeyemi Qudus, Tobi Adeleke, Oluebube Oguduba, Usman Abba, Odeh David Emeka, Gideon Okon Asuquo, Bashar Issa Olatunji, Mohammed Dikko
I just hope they don't promote the U-15 boys from the Japan tourney wholesale, those boys still need 2 good years of training and playing games to play at the U17.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

The camp has opened but no training the last 2 days. Apparently Sanusi is there but there is apprehension because of past media reports that show he is 19. They are not going to let it slip. I think Manu will drop him.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Ugbowo wrote:The camp has opened but no training the last 2 days. Apparently Sanusi is there but there is apprehension because of past media reports that show he is 19. They are not going to let it slip. I think Manu will drop him.

here is what frustrates me...if there are reports that he is 19, aren't there ways to prove or disprove, rather than just testing his MRI "passability"?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:The camp has opened but no training the last 2 days. Apparently Sanusi is there but there is apprehension because of past media reports that show he is 19. They are not going to let it slip. I think Manu will drop him.

here is what frustrates me...if there are reports that he is 19, aren't there ways to prove or disprove, rather than just testing his MRI "passability"?
But Chief, thats probably what they are looking at nah.
MRI is usually the last phase of the screening process, not the first.
This is Nigeria, not the USA.
Records do not exist 'free of charge' and are subject to 'change' at every level :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Bt thats probably what they are looking at nah.
MRI is usually the last of the screening procedures.
Records do not exist and are subject to 'change' at every level

for pikins born after you named this site Cybereagles? dem no go school? dem no get siblings/cousins, etc?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Exactly what I found when reseaching on the lad.
He had been widely reported in the media as being a 19 year old. He was even given an NPFL award this year and was refered to as 19.
Manu needs to drop him like a hot potato - this is similar to what led to the disqualification of Guinea's U17 team, when they fielded 2 players who had previously been listed as 17+
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Otitokoro wrote:Exactly what I found when reseaching on the lad.
He had been widely reported in the media as being a 19 year old. He was even given an NPFL award this year and was refered to as 19.
Manu needs to drop him like a hot potato - this is similar to what led to the disqualification of Guinea's U17 team, when they fielded 2 players who had previously been listed as 17+
I'm pretty certain Manu will do exactly that.
I really don't see how a 15-year-old can be the NPFL's "top scorer".
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Bt thats probably what they are looking at nah.
MRI is usually the last of the screening procedures.
Records do not exist and are subject to 'change' at every level

for pikins born after you named this site Cybereagles? dem no go school? dem no get siblings/cousins, etc?
Chief, the lives of maybe up to 40 percent of Nigerians are undocumented.
Even Atiku is said not to be a Nigerian. :rotf:

And as per school....forget.
Up north, there are too many exploitable gaps in the system.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
August 12, 20190739

Yes we do. We are talking Nigeria here. :taunt:
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

He's been registered with the NFF for quite a while and his age has stayed consistent... I'll try to get a link.

He is going to be a star if he stays healthy.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote:Exactly what I found when reseaching on the lad.
But what age did they register him as in the NPFL?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

niyi wrote:He's been registered with the NFF for quite a while and his age has stayed consistent... I'll try to get a link.

Eh hen this is what we should be talking about not what our incompetent journalists listed in their reports...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:He's been registered with the NFF for quite a while and his age has stayed consistent... I'll try to get a link.

Eh hen this is what we should be talking about not what our incompetent journalists listed in their reports...
If you dont 'settle' some journalists, they will write some 'fake news' about you!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

wanaj0 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

If you dont 'settle' some journalists, they will write some 'fake news' about you!

your people are too wicked!
AFCON 2019 sweet o