Joao Felix.

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joao Felix.

Post by YUJAM »

A very interesting player. He seems to be able to operate in a lot of roles.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Joao Felix.

Post by danfo driver »

I was going to open a thread about him yesterday and say Atleti may have secured the better deal.

Very very intelligent player.

My only concern with him is that he needs an intelligent coach who knows how to deploy him and a system that will be perfect for him. Atleti was a fantastic choice because they play the "8" role, which I think is his best role.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

The young man seems not to be fazed by any opponent or occasion. He plays with a certain audacity that makes him destined to become a mega star. Atletico have wisely acquired him at this stage. They will likely make more than double what they paid for him within the next two to three years, unless they become super cash-rich themselves.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the guy can pass , his vision , my goodness :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cally wrote:The young man seems not to be fazed by any opponent or occasion. He plays with a certain audacity that makes him destined to become a mega star. Atletico have wisely acquired him at this stage. They will likely make more than double what they paid for him within the next two to three years, unless they become super cash-rich themselves.
ATM sold Griez, Hernan and one the one City bought for 103, 89 and 70 millions .... they didn't even lose a dime after the purchase of Felix

[/video]
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Jaoa Felix, the real deal

Post by marko »

Just got in from watching a friendly between Athletico Madrid and Juventus in Stockholm, jaoa Felix scored 2 well taken goals, watching these players live is another thing, you get to see how brillaint they really are, Ronaldo was anonymous but was the crowd favourite, Portugal just seem to produce them by the dozen, at 19, i have seen enough to tell me in the next 4-5years, you are looking at another potential world player of the year, that boy is class and a world class finisher
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Marko's thread merged with Yujam's.

Reason: Similar context.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

cchinukw wrote:Marko's thread merged with Yujam's.

Reason: Similar context.

:agree: :agree:
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cally wrote:The young man seems not to be fazed by any opponent or occasion. He plays with a certain audacity that makes him destined to become a mega star. Atletico have wisely acquired him at this stage. They will likely make more than double what they paid for him within the next two to three years, unless they become super cash-rich themselves.
ATM sold Griez, Hernan and one the one City bought for 103, 89 and 70 millions .... they didn't even lose a dime after the purchase of Felix

[/video]
Shows the laziness of those big clubs. Only like shiny things. Barca should've opted for him instead of Griezmann since they already had Coutinho who they never really have a decent chance.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theYemster wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

[/video]
Shows the laziness of those big clubs. Only like shiny things. Barca should've opted for him instead of Griezmann since they already had Coutinho who they never really have a decent chance.
This is poor analysis. Why would Barca pay 128 million euros for a child who has only performed in a backwater league, instead of 120 million Euros for an adult who has performed year in year out, for years IN THEIR LEAGUE?

Secondly, they dont even play the same role. Joao plays the role Messi plays at Barca, so is he coming in to bench Messi?

Anyway, PERSONALLY, I believe Joao will turn out a better player than Griezmann. Griezmann is a choker and mentally weak, in my opinion, so my preference is Joao. But when you analyze the situation properly, there is no way any serious club in barca's position will go for Joao over Griezamann. When Griezmann leaves Barca, and Joao has proven himself, Barca is rich enough to go and get him, if they choose to.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

[/video]
This is poor analysis. Why would Barca pay 128 million euros for a child who has only performed in a backwater league, instead of 120 million Euros for an adult who has performed year in year out, for years IN THEIR LEAGUE?

Secondly, they dont even play the same role. Joao plays the role Messi plays at Barca, so is he coming in to bench Messi?

Anyway, PERSONALLY, I believe Joao will turn out a better player than Griezmann. Griezmann is a choker and mentally weak, in my opinion, so my preference is Joao. But when you analyze the situation properly, there is no way any serious club in barca's position will go for Joao over Griezamann. When Griezmann leaves Barca, and Joao has proven himself, Barca is rich enough to go and get him, if they choose to.
So, in short, your unnecessary rambling aside, you agree.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theYemster wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

[/video]

No, I strongly disagree, and I am happy to go over it again with you. Barca CANNOT pay more money for a child who has one season in a poor league and ignore a cheaper proven world class player who has performed as one of the best players in Barca's league for ONE DECADE!

I know you are a fan and you think clubs analyze football like you do when you play video games, but it doesn't work like that. You are telling a club to pay more for a 19-year-old who could fail spectacularly rather than paying less for a proven world-class player. Are you kidding? You think this is FIFA 19? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

After Joao has performed in Spain for multiple years, and proven that he is ready for the responsibility of Barcelona, Barca can bring him in. Afterall, Coutinho, Dembele and Malcom were tearing better leagues up and see how they have all failed, spectacularly at Barca.

Most of you think playing for a big club, with all that pressure is the same as playing for a club were if you draw a game, it's celebrated like a win. LMAO :oops:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

[/video]

No, I strongly disagree, and I am happy to go over it again with you. Barca CANNOT pay more money for a child who has one season in a poor league and ignore a cheaper proven world class player who has performed as one of the best players in Barca's league for ONE DECADE!

I know you are a fan and you think clubs analyze football like you do when you play video games, but it doesn't work like that. You are telling a club to pay more for a 19-year-old who could fail spectacularly rather than paying less for a proven world-class player. Are you kidding? You think this is FIFA 19? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

After Joao has performed in Spain for multiple years, and proven that he is ready for the responsibility of Barcelona, Barca can bring him in. Afterall, Coutinho, Dembele and Malcom were tearing better leagues up and see how they have all failed, spectacularly at Barca.

Most of you think playing for a big club, with all that pressure is the same as playing for a club were if you draw a game, it's celebrated like a win. LMAO :oops:
If you think he's eventually gonna be a better player than Griezmann, that means they're gonna end up paying more for him down the line when they can easily use the Griezmann money to get him now and even loan him out. Then rather than get Griezmann, stick with Coutinho or get the Neymar that they are trying to.

Griezmann is totally unnecessary considering his timeline clashes with the stars already in the team.

Anyways, that's what I should do. Good luck to them but we'll all be here in a couple of years when they outlay double that amount for Felix.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theYemster wrote: If you think he's eventually gonna be a better player than Griezmann, that means they're gonna end up paying more for him down the line when they can easily use the Griezmann money to get him now and even loan him out.
For a big club, it doesnt work that way.

They need to perform NOW and not "down the line." They need to perform so that they can continue to put money in shareholders/owners pockets. They dont have the luxury of waiting for 5 years time. Without trying to be cheeky, a club like Arsenal can do that, but a club like Barca cannot.

Secondly, "they are gonna end up paying more for him down the line," is relative. First, with the way economics works, the cost of goods and service does not increase in a vacuum. Income also increases. Years ago, we thought 50 million was too much, today we are paying 150 million for players.

If Barca continues to perform on the pitch today with the acquisition of Griezman, they will be able to afford whatever Atleti wants for Joao in the future.
Then rather than get Griezmann, stick with Coutinho or get the Neymar that they are trying to.
1. Coutinho's wages is too outrageous to pack him on the bench.

2. You are asking Barca to stay way from one of the best players in the league (Griezmann) and stick with one of the worst performers in the League (Coutinho). Again, Barca cannot afford to do that. They need to perform NOW.

3. Neymar-- I dont understand your argument here. You are complaining they bought Griezmann instead of Joao and then you want them to buy a more expensive Neymar, who has a glass foot? :shock:
Griezmann is totally unnecessary considering his timeline clashes with the stars already in the team.
I dont understand this statement. They sold Malcom (one of the worst performers in the League) for 41 million and replaced him with Griezmann (one of the best performers in the league) for 120 million.

Are you saying that they should not have replaced Malcom? And gone through the season with 24 players in their squad, instead of the league accepted 25?
Anyways, that's what I should do. Good luck to them but we'll all be here in a couple of years when they outlay double that amount for Felix.
Atleti initially bought Griezmann from Sociedad for 30 million. The same way Barca has outlayed quadruple that amount to purchase Griezmann, they will happily outlay double to purchase Joao, if they wish to do so and it will have absolutely no negative bearing on their books. Best believe that!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

What a brilliant run by Joao Felix and is brought down for a PK
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damn..Morata misses

Still 1-0 Atleti

both down a man

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Atleti look like a well oiled machine

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

what a counter by Morata...Vitolo should've scored...

Top game here...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Trippier's fit into Atleti like a glove...

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:What a brilliant run by Joao Felix and is brought down for a PK
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Baby Kaka.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

saw him play live and he is the real deal, if he continues this way, next couple of years, the big clubs will have to pay in excess of 150 mi

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

One word, Brain.