Joao Felix.

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Joao Felix.

Post by kajifu »

This is what Arsenal should be doing buy this guys and sell in 3 years double.Its been a long time we make profit from players,i mean big clubs making money we are selling players for free only Iwobi has brought real cash.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

This kid looks aight as well.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:What a brilliant run by Joao Felix and is brought down for a PK
Even in training as well. :shock:

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote: If you think he's eventually gonna be a better player than Griezmann, that means they're gonna end up paying more for him down the line when they can easily use the Griezmann money to get him now and even loan him out.
For a big club, it doesnt work that way.

They need to perform NOW and not "down the line." They need to perform so that they can continue to put money in shareholders/owners pockets. They dont have the luxury of waiting for 5 years time. Without trying to be cheeky, a club like Arsenal can do that, but a club like Barca cannot.

Secondly, "they are gonna end up paying more for him down the line," is relative. First, with the way economics works, the cost of goods and service does not increase in a vacuum. Income also increases. Years ago, we thought 50 million was too much, today we are paying 150 million for players.

If Barca continues to perform on the pitch today with the acquisition of Griezman, they will be able to afford whatever Atleti wants for Joao in the future.
Then rather than get Griezmann, stick with Coutinho or get the Neymar that they are trying to.
1. Coutinho's wages is too outrageous to pack him on the bench.

2. You are asking Barca to stay way from one of the best players in the league (Griezmann) and stick with one of the worst performers in the League (Coutinho). Again, Barca cannot afford to do that. They need to perform NOW.

3. Neymar-- I dont understand your argument here. You are complaining they bought Griezmann instead of Joao and then you want them to buy a more expensive Neymar, who has a glass foot? :shock:
Griezmann is totally unnecessary considering his timeline clashes with the stars already in the team.
I dont understand this statement. They sold Malcom (one of the worst performers in the League) for 41 million and replaced him with Griezmann (one of the best performers in the league) for 120 million.

Are you saying that they should not have replaced Malcom? And gone through the season with 24 players in their squad, instead of the league accepted 25?
Anyways, that's what I should do. Good luck to them but we'll all be here in a couple of years when they outlay double that amount for Felix.
Atleti initially bought Griezmann from Sociedad for 30 million. The same way Barca has outlayed quadruple that amount to purchase Griezmann, they will happily outlay double to purchase Joao, if they wish to do so and it will have absolutely no negative bearing on their books. Best believe that!
We can agree to disagree.. We'll be back here when that kid gets bought for double in a few years while Griezmann becomes surplus to requirements.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

theYemster wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote: If you think he's eventually gonna be a better player than Griezmann, that means they're gonna end up paying more for him down the line when they can easily use the Griezmann money to get him now and even loan him out.

They need to perform NOW and not "down the line." They need to perform so that they can continue to put money in shareholders/owners pockets. They dont have the luxury of waiting for 5 years time. Without trying to be cheeky, a club like Arsenal can do that, but a club like Barca cannot.

Secondly, "they are gonna end up paying more for him down the line," is relative. First, with the way economics works, the cost of goods and service does not increase in a vacuum. Income also increases. Years ago, we thought 50 million was too much, today we are paying 150 million for players.

If Barca continues to perform on the pitch today with the acquisition of Griezman, they will be able to afford whatever Atleti wants for Joao in the future.
Then rather than get Griezmann, stick with Coutinho or get the Neymar that they are trying to.

2. You are asking Barca to stay way from one of the best players in the league (Griezmann) and stick with one of the worst performers in the League (Coutinho). Again, Barca cannot afford to do that. They need to perform NOW.

3. Neymar-- I dont understand your argument here. You are complaining they bought Griezmann instead of Joao and then you want them to buy a more expensive Neymar, who has a glass foot? :shock:
Griezmann is totally unnecessary considering his timeline clashes with the stars already in the team.
I dont understand this statement. They sold Malcom (one of the worst performers in the League) for 41 million and replaced him with Griezmann (one of the best performers in the league) for 120 million.

Are you saying that they should not have replaced Malcom? And gone through the season with 24 players in their squad, instead of the league accepted 25?
Anyways, that's what I should do. Good luck to them but we'll all be here in a couple of years when they outlay double that amount for Felix.
Atleti initially bought Griezmann from Sociedad for 30 million. The same way Barca has outlayed quadruple that amount to purchase Griezmann, they will happily outlay double to purchase Joao, if they wish to do so and it will have absolutely no negative bearing on their books. Best believe that!
We can agree to disagree.. We'll be back here when that kid gets bought for double in a few years while Griezmann becomes surplus to requirements.
Isn't that his point? While João Félix has a higher upside, he currently isn't at the level required to play for Barcelona. So instead of throwing that money at him they get a right now guy (Griezmann) and in 4 or 5 years they can come back for Félix.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
theYemster wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Isn't that his point? While João Félix has a higher upside, he currently isn't at the level required to play for Barcelona. So instead of throwing that money at him they get a right now guy (Griezmann) and in 4 or 5 years they can come back for Félix.
my brother I taya. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: some people are so hell bent on winning an argument, that they begin to argue vwith themselves. :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

kalani JR wrote:
theYemster wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

My point is Barca doesn't need Griezmann, they've comfortably won the la liga back to back, are likely a lock to win it again, and were unfortunate not to make the CL final (due to defensive lapses) despite having an under utilised Coutinho. The upside of having Griezmann on a team this loaded that they had to loan out Coutinho (and will likely take a loss on him), and not to mention trying to re-sign Neymar is much lower than getting this kid now who'll then be ready to take over by the time the likes of Messi and Suarez are past their prime. But knowing Barcelona they will then go and spend foolish money on him then when they could've gotten him now and brought him along slowly. That's my point, and my opinion.

It's not about which player is Barca worthy now. I think that's pretty clear.
Last edited by theYemster on Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Brain.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

danfo driver wrote: my brother I taya. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: some people are so hell bent on winning an argument, that they begin to argue vwith themselves. :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:
Dude, you're the one arguing with me over something I clearly stated is my personal opinion and preference, that you are free to disagree with.

I'm not responsible for your inability to comprehend. If you want to be an ITK then at least acquire some comprehension skills.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theYemster wrote:
danfo driver wrote: my brother I taya. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: some people are so hell bent on winning an argument, that they begin to argue vwith themselves. :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:
Dude, you're the one arguing with me over something I clearly stated is my personal opinion and preference, that you are free to disagree with.

I'm not responsible for your inability to comprehend. If you want to be an ITK then at least acquire some comprehension skills.
E don do! you win! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theYemster wrote:

My point is Barca doesn't need Griezmann, they've comfortably won the la liga back to back, are likely a lock to win it again, and were unfortunate not to make the CL final (due to defensive lapses) despite having an under utilised Coutinho. The upside of having Griezmann on a team this loaded that they had to loan out Coutinho (and will likely take a loss on him), and not to mention trying to re-sign Neymar is much lower than getting this kid now who'll then be ready to take over by the time the likes of Messi and Suarez are past their prime. But knowing Barcelona they will then go and spend foolish money on him then when they could've gotten him now and brought him along slowly. That's my point, and my opinion.

It's not about which player is Barca worthy now. I think that's pretty clear.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: sighhhh.