The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Given that there could be a shape change, this is were we are desperately short as a team. Imagine Salah and Arnold in running into the space left by Monreal. Xhaka comes across to cover, are we diligent enough to make the adjustments required to defend? This will be the critical issue in this game. To counter this, I agree Luiz has to play in the DM position. He will the one that covers the holes in and around the box with Torreira working in unison with him.
The bold is exactly why i will play Luiz as the DM and a pairing of Chambers/Sokratis in CD. In this situation my instructions will be for Sokratis in the LCD position to go in and cover for Monreal. In the same instance Luiz drops into the now empty Sokratis position in the central defence.
And if this same situation were to arise on our right full back position, Chambers goes straight to cover up for the RFB and Luiz drops into the position just left empty by Chambers.
In both instances Torreira and Ceballos both maintain positions in front of our back line to prevent any of Liverpool midfielders running into space.
It's all about nullifying the threat poised by Mane and Sallah as well as stopping Liverpool's #9 striker benefiting from our CDs being pulled apart.

But then i am just a football aficionado and definitely not a coach.
Like you, I think Emery has a different solution to Liverpool's challenge but it does not mean we cannot give our own views. We are both just football aficionados and not coaches but we are also allowed to hold and express opinions. I am enthusiastic about this to the point of educating myself on the subject. It is great fun, but we are just football lovers not experts. 8-)

Your defensive solution is a tried and trusted method by all coaches, which I also think will be best for us. It also brings in this fact about initial formation actually meaning almost nothing. Teams switch formation when in transition, positional attack or defensive organisation.

The shift of Sokratis and Luiz filling in tries to maintain the 4-3-3 shape, albeit in an asymmetrical shape. The 4-3-3 is better in a defensive transition because midfielders are closer to each other and its easy for one of the wingers to drop back and form a line with the rest of the midfielders.

The 4-3-3 we have played so far this season has seen us very compact and we improved from Newcastle to Burnley. The key is will we improve enough to get something at Anfield?

I talked about my concern at us giving so many chances in the box against Burnley. But I did not put that stat into context. Against Newcastle, from open play we faced 5 shots in the box, but the Burnley game saw 92% of those chances coming from long balls and Burnley won almost every first header and second ball. Not many teams will employ such tactics but they will all know it is a weakness to try and exploit. However we did concede shots to Newcastle and a team of Liverpool's quality demands better. Hopefully, we will be better.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

These guys were too good. We had Gio sent off in the 36 minute at nil-nil. Look at what Pires does to Gerrard.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Eddie Nketiah is now the Prince Of Yorkshire as he came off the bench to snatch a late winner for Leeds. Keep up the good work yungsta.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... h-18980719
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Sleaky72 wrote:Eddie Nketiah is now the Prince Of Yorkshire as he came off the bench to snatch a late winner for Leeds. Keep up the good work yungsta.
Big ups to him man. May he continue to shine. Well done lad.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Sleaky72 wrote:Eddie Nketiah is now the Prince Of Yorkshire as he came off the bench to snatch a late winner for Leeds. Keep up the good work yungsta.
Speaking of Arsenal fans......

Even compared to Henry and other guys.................

There is no fan like IAN WRIGHT. Dude is just so cool man. Showing other Arsenal Legends (Or players) how to be a real Arsenal fan.

Well done Ian, Always supporting your team through it all.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Going back to my previous comments on Kroenke and why he spent money last window here:
I wish Josh Kroenke will shut up because he too is lying like RvP. Fans are not fools.

Josh, for the 1st time in 24 years, you did not sell out season tickets.

Match day tickets sales were so poor, your staff sent reports showing comparable with previous seasons in much talked about internal memos.

Of immediate and major embarrassment was the almost empty stadium for the Emirates cup. Before they got Ornstien to announce Pepe, it was all over social media the empty seats up for sale.

Merchandising sales, which was already at a record low as per the accounts was being communicated to be lower by fans groups in social media.

This is why they knew they could not get away with not spending money. They faced major fan walk out and serious loss of revenue. This is why they spent money, not all that BS he mentions.

Arsenal fans know how you get to people like the Kroenkes, you hit them where it hurts most. Their wallets. They are not out of the woods yet.

The fans boycott that proved so successful in removing the Owners at Blackpool is now being replicated at Newcastle. Every owner in the EPL is watching events at Newcastle nervously because we are now entering a new phase of fan muscle flexing and Newcastle will be a very interesting test case with good reasons.

If I am the Kroenkes I will watch Newcastle development nervously. Season Tickets and match day receipts plus spending that goes with them at football is the 2nd largest source of revenue for Arsenal. It will not take much for the fans to turn, so they must be careful.
Here is the latest spin via their mouthpiece Ornstien.

The PR offensive from father and son continues. Now it is the turn of Ornstien to help the deception gravity train along.

One good thing about Wenger leaving was, it clarified exactly where the fault lines are at the club. It exposed them to the fans and the fans responded with searing abuse and insults at the stadium, then by walking away with their money. They have nowhere to hide now and the past year's mediocrity is now being spun through the lences of a decent window. But they will be seriously mistaken if they believe this PR exercise will work on the majority.

It is clear a lot of Arsenal this year have shown a willingness to swallow spin, rather than spit it out. A bit of spin and in the eyes of these gullible people, the Kroenke's have gone from Satan's to God's. A decent transfer window that should be the norm, given the money at the club, as evidenced in the club's accounts, has been spun as excellent. But no one is judged by the window alone, not at Arsenal. Winning is what you are judged by at Arsenal.

Liverpool's Owners have shown you can compete with City. Arsenal fans expect to be doing exactly that. It is absolutely ridiculous to compare or say you want similar atmosphere to Liverpool without backing it up in the transfer market. One decent window will not change years of serious under investment and money ball.

Until we spend the money (which we have not) to build a team/squad to start winning games and competing with Liverpool and City playing lovely football we will not get the right atmosphere at the Emirates. No amount of PR or spin can ever change that.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Greeting fellow beloved fans,hmm two days to the big game oooh.I dey shake oooh.
Is like i will not be able to watch it live oooh.God help us in Jesus name.The last time we went there was nasty for us.We want a big surprise to knock them at the ground just collect a point and move on.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Waffiman wrote:Going back to my previous comments on Kroenke and why he spent money last window here:
I wish Josh Kroenke will shut up because he too is lying like RvP. Fans are not fools.

Match day tickets sales were so poor, your staff sent reports showing comparable with previous seasons in much talked about internal memos.

Of immediate and major embarrassment was the almost empty stadium for the Emirates cup. Before they got Ornstien to announce Pepe, it was all over social media the empty seats up for sale.

Merchandising sales, which was already at a record low as per the accounts was being communicated to be lower by fans groups in social media.

This is why they knew they could not get away with not spending money. They faced major fan walk out and serious loss of revenue. This is why they spent money, not all that BS he mentions.

Arsenal fans know how you get to people like the Kroenkes, you hit them where it hurts most. Their wallets. They are not out of the woods yet.

The fans boycott that proved so successful in removing the Owners at Blackpool is now being replicated at Newcastle. Every owner in the EPL is watching events at Newcastle nervously because we are now entering a new phase of fan muscle flexing and Newcastle will be a very interesting test case with good reasons.

If I am the Kroenkes I will watch Newcastle development nervously. Season Tickets and match day receipts plus spending that goes with them at football is the 2nd largest source of revenue for Arsenal. It will not take much for the fans to turn, so they must be careful.

The PR offensive from father and son continues. Now it is the turn of Ornstien to help the deception gravity train along.

One good thing about Wenger leaving was, it clarified exactly where the fault lines are at the club. It exposed them to the fans and the fans responded with searing abuse and insults at the stadium, then by walking away with their money. They have nowhere to hide now and the past year's mediocrity is now being spun through the lences of a decent window. But they will be seriously mistaken if they believe this PR exercise will work on the majority.

It is clear a lot of Arsenal this year have shown a willingness to swallow spin, rather than spit it out. A bit of spin and in the eyes of these gullible people, the Kroenke's have gone from Satan's to God's. A decent transfer window that should be the norm, given the money at the club, as evidenced in the club's accounts, has been spun as excellent. But no one is judged by the window alone, not at Arsenal. Winning is what you are judged by at Arsenal.

Liverpool's Owners have shown you can compete with City. Arsenal fans expect to be doing exactly that. It is absolutely ridiculous to compare or say you want similar atmosphere to Liverpool without backing it up in the transfer market. One decent window will not change years of serious under investment and money ball.

Until we spend the money (which we have not) to build a team/squad to start winning games and competing with Liverpool and City playing lovely football we will not get the right atmosphere at the Emirates. No amount of PR or spin can ever change that.
Well spoken, Waffi. Take this weekend's game as an example. Most Arsenal fans are terrified of playing Liverpool anytime. I know I am! I am just wishing we escape a hiding as usual. I have been an Arsenal fan long enough to remember the days when facing Liverpool was fun. Before Arshavin arrived, and after he started playing for us. I was never scared to face Liverpool like I am now. If they maul us as usual this weekend, it will set the team back quite a bit. All Arsenal fans want is that confidence to face any team in Europe back again...without anticipating a hiding.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Arsenal for life, I just hope Emery up his game and ....MAKE ARSENAL GREAT AGAIN(MAGA).
We used to be the most fear team in the league
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Going back to my previous comments on Kroenke and why he spent money last window here:

Well spoken, Waffi. Take this weekend's game as an example. Most Arsenal fans are terrified of playing Liverpool anytime. I know I am! I am just wishing we escape a hiding as usual. I have been an Arsenal fan long enough to remember the days when facing Liverpool was fun. Before Arshavin arrived, and after he started playing for us. I was never scared to face Liverpool like I am now. If they maul us as usual this weekend, it will set the team back quite a bit. All Arsenal fans want is that confidence to face any team in Europe back again...without anticipating a hiding.
Spot on. The fact is, we are all scared of this game. We are looking to compete and we hope our new players can make a difference but we all know this can easily be another mauling. Liverpool score first, you just fear the worst.

But as a supporter, you are hoping things go your way and you get out with a result.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:

Spot on. The fact is, we are all scared of this game. We are looking to compete and we hope our new players can make a difference but we all know this can easily be another mauling. Liverpool score first, you just fear the worst.

But as a supporter, you are hoping things go your way and you get out with a result.

Frankly Arsenal record away vs the top half of PL table over last few seasons has been dreadful.

Last season away to top half of PL Arsenal only won 5 out of a possible 30 points...that is utterly unacceptable for Arsenal FC.

The season before in 17-18 Arsenal won 10 points out of a possible 30 away to the top half of PL table.

The season before that in 16-17 season Arsenal 8 points out of possible 30 away points away to the top half of PL table.

In 15-16 Arsenal won 11 out of possible 30 points away to the top half of PL table.

Must see a dramatic course correction in those results if Arsenal are to not only finish in top 4 but once again become legit threat to win the PL title.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:

Frankly Arsenal record away vs the top half of PL table over last few seasons has been dreadful.

Last season away to top half of PL Arsenal only won 5 out of a possible 30 points...that is utterly unacceptable for Arsenal FC.

The season before in 17-18 Arsenal won 10 points out of a possible 30 away to the top half of PL table.

The season before that in 16-17 season Arsenal 8 points out of possible 30 away points away to the top half of PL table.

In 15-16 Arsenal won 11 out of possible 30 points away to the top half of PL table.

Must see a dramatic course correction in those results if Arsenal are to not only finish in top 4 but once again become legit threat to win the PL title.
TG, this is about having a quality squad to compete. A decent window has put us firmly in the top 4 race but we must be honest and admit we are far away from where we want to be.

For this season we are given a boost in the top 4 race because we are competing for 2 places. The battle for 3 and 4th is between us, Spuds, ManU and Chelsea. Outsiders include Everton and Wolves.

Looking at Chelsea, having lost Hazard and the transfer ban, they look what we expected - ordinary to average. They will not be in the top 4.

ManU have a good team but a very thin squad. Injury will be key. I also do not fancy ManU's top 4 chances but they cannot be ruled out.

As for Spuds, the January is now looking like the big window. We know all their best are refusing to pen new deals. Will these players play with commitment to the cause? Are their new signings going to breach the gap considering last season's issues?

So long as Spuds keep these players committed and playing, the race will be between us and them for 3rd and 4th place.

We really have a good chance for top thanks to the not so fit state of the competition and our decent transfer window.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

If rumours of Xhaka being 100% are true. Then he will start. I have no problem with Xhaka starting but my concern is yet again, there will be another change at the heart of that defence.

I hope Emery can find a settled team real fast because it will be crucial to meeting our objectives this season.

I see Luiz in CD, with Xhaka as the single pivot with 2 of Torreira, Guendouzi, Willock and Ceballos. I think it will be Ceballos and Torreira.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:

TG, this is about having a quality squad to compete. A decent window has put us firmly in the top 4 race but we must be honest and admit we are far away from where we want to be.

For this season we are given a boost in the top 4 race because we are competing for 2 places. The battle for 3 and 4th is between us, Spuds, ManU and Chelsea. Outsiders include Everton and Wolves.

Looking at Chelsea, having lost Hazard and the transfer ban, they look what we expected - ordinary to average. They will not be in the top 4.

ManU have a good team but a very thin squad. Injury will be key. I also do not fancy ManU's top 4 chances but they cannot be ruled out.

As for Spuds, the January is now looking like the big window. We know all their best are refusing to pen new deals. Will these players play with commitment to the cause? Are their new signings going to breach the gap considering last season's issues?

So long as Spuds keep these players committed and playing, the race will be between us and them for 3rd and 4th place.

We really have a good chance for top thanks to the not so fit state of the competition and our decent transfer window.
Hmm no underrate wolves o, dem dey tap. .. and they will take points from any and everyone wey underestimate them this season
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Starting Xhaka at anfield vs an in form high pressing unit is tantamount 2 gross incompetence. Y continue 2 do the same thing and expect a different outcome? @ the Emirates it might be worth a punt but at Anfield that’s smacks of insanity. And the very definition uv it. Folks here savage Mustafi as a blunderpuss but is Xhaka any less error prone? Yet no one is touting Mustafi as an option at the back for obvious reasons ... yet Xhaka keeps gettin” a pass. Don’t get the bias.
Waffiman wrote:If rumours of Xhaka being 100% are true. Then he will start. I have no problem with Xhaka starting but my concern is yet again, there will be another change at the heart of that defence.

I hope Emery can find a settled team real fast because it will be crucial to meeting our objectives this season.

I see Luiz in CD, with Xhaka as the single pivot with 2 of Torreira, Guendouzi, Willock and Ceballos. I think it will be Ceballos and Torreira.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

“For example, Elneny and Mustafi know their position in the squad and really I want the players to be happy here, I want the players to be protagonists here.

“Last year with Mustafi and Mo, when they didn't play they weren't happy. I spoke with them a lot of times last year and this pre-season and I think it is positive for them to leave and sign for another team where they can be protagonists and be happy and continue their careers.”

“They are very big players,” said Arsenal’s head coach. “But for one circumstance or another, they are going to have less chances to show their capacity or to be happy with us and the minutes they play in matches.

“But they know the situation and really, really I am wishing the best for them and I think now the best for them is to be protagonists in another team and sign to get another challenge.

“We respect them, they are training with us, but they know their situation and only I am wishing the best for them.”
Not 2 sure if I like this tone from the gaffer but In the end a player needs 2 know when to move on. Sad. The same tone might be used on emery as his contract is up @ season’s end.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Sleaky72 wrote:
“For example, Elneny and Mustafi know their position in the squad and really I want the players to be happy here, I want the players to be protagonists here.

“Last year with Mustafi and Mo, when they didn't play they weren't happy. I spoke with them a lot of times last year and this pre-season and I think it is positive for them to leave and sign for another team where they can be protagonists and be happy and continue their careers.”

“They are very big players,” said Arsenal’s head coach. “But for one circumstance or another, they are going to have less chances to show their capacity or to be happy with us and the minutes they play in matches.

“But they know the situation and really, really I am wishing the best for them and I think now the best for them is to be protagonists in another team and sign to get another challenge.

“We respect them, they are training with us, but they know their situation and only I am wishing the best for them.”
Not 2 sure if I like this tone from the gaffer but In the end a player needs 2 know when to move on. Sad. The same tone might be used on emery as his contract is up @ season’s end.
Sleaky is there a link to that quote. Kindly include a link. Cheers.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

cchinukw wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ments.html
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

ojafranpa wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ments.html
Cheers buddy
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

cchinukw wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... fer-window
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I know tomorrow haters will come out to laugh.Please let someone open a separate game thread for tomorrow game.So that haters can continue on the thread if satan strike but with God on our side we might just may be get the unthinkable result.
1)Guys we can beat this Liverpool if the players and gaffer believe,sorry i mean get a positive result.Liverpool is good btu so far this season they have been above average not at their best.
2)Their defense been allowing some cheap goals,and the opposition creating chances.
3)Their keeper is error master,with pressure you are guarantee a goal from his mistakes.
4)This is a game that you play the best player,news that Ozil and Xhaka will start might backfire as Ozil has not start any game....
5)Lets believe we are Arsenal we can do it like we did 1989.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Waffiman wrote: These guys were too good. We had Gio sent off in the 36 minute at nil-nil. Look at what Pires does to Gerrard.
what are you? ghana? ghana folks still shout up and down about 82 in Libya.. you are beating your chest about a match from 18 years ago... 2 players in your first team, weren't even born....make we hear word...focus and stop living in the past
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kajifu wrote:I know tomorrow haters will come out to laugh.Please let someone open a separate game thread for tomorrow game.So that haters can continue on the thread if satan strike but with God on our side we might just may be get the unthinkable result.
1)Guys we can beat this Liverpool if the players and gaffer believe,sorry i mean get a positive result.Liverpool is good btu so far this season they have been above average not at their best.
2)Their defense been allowing some cheap goals,and the opposition creating chances.
3)Their keeper is error master,with pressure you are guarantee a goal from his mistakes.
4)This is a game that you play the best player,news that Ozil and Xhaka will start might backfire as Ozil has not start any game....
5)Lets believe we are Arsenal we can do it like we did 1989.
i guess the likes of txj, yeyeman etc do not pray to God as well.... smh...instead pray that the lord watches over both teams and the players all come out healthy after the match....shame on you turning football to night vigil
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved