Mohammed Salah: VAR is too Fair, We dont Like that

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Mohammed Salah: VAR is too Fair, We dont Like that

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Not surprised by his comments. With the amount of cheating, those scum Liverpool did last year, and still, they couldn't win the league. They are clearly afraid that with VAR all their cheating will not work. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mohammed Salah: VAR is too Fair, We dont Like that

Post by The YeyeMan »

Stop crying.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Salah: I’m happy at Liverpool and VAR will win me more penalties
Chris Burton
Watch the Premier League on fuboTV now­ (7 - day free trial)

Getty Images
The Egyptian forward is settled at Anfield, enjoying life in England and looking forward to delivering more end product for the Reds
Mohamed Salah remains fully committed to life at Anfield, with the Egyptian declaring himself to be “happy at Liverpool”.

That will be music to the ears of Reds supporters everywhere.

Unwelcome speculation has surfaced around the 27-year-old at times, but there has so far been no substance to it. That is because a two-time Premier League Golden Boot winner is tied to a long-term contract and settled in his current surroundings.

Salah has become a talismanic presence on Merseyside, the kind which wins instant support from the stands, and is not planning to take on a new challenge any time soon.

He told CNN: "I'm happy at Liverpool.

"I'm happy in the city - I love the fans and they love me. I'm happy at the club."

Salah is already off the mark for 2019-20 and has added another medal to his collection following a UEFA Super Cup win over Chelsea.

He faces tougher challenges this season, though, with opponents marking him out as a considerable threat and the introduction of technology bringing Video Assistant Referees into the Premier League.

Some of Liverpool’s rivals have already been left cursing VAR and Salah admits he is not a fan.

He added: "I don't like it ... that's my answer, always. I don't like it. I love football how it is

"It's like that with the mistakes of the referee, with the aggression from the player sometimes.

"It's OK sometimes to protect the players from dangerous play. But OK, that's it, in my opinion, that could be the only reason that happened, just to protect the players.

"But for me, I accepted the football with the mistakes of the referee, mistakes of the player, I don't know, whatever. That's how the football gets more excited.
"

Salah can, however, see possible individual benefits to VAR as a man often on the receiving end of rough treatment.

He said: "More penalties for me, you will see that."

Spot-kicks could give Salah the chance to enhance his already impressive goalscoring figures with Liverpool, but he claims his main job is to create opportunities for others.

He added: "I'm not a striker, I play as a winger, so it's my job not just to score but to also assist, play with the midfield.

"I play on the wing which no one recommended. For a long time I didn't play as a number nine.

"I'm comfortable with that. It's not my first job. Like, the number one his job is only to score but as a winger it's not just to score, it's to give assists ... and play with the team. I'll do a lot of things to defend."

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/salah-i ... k4xiiwj1x1
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...well, why not. When he dribbles into the pk area and the so called "CE brainless" defenders whack him, that's a penalty.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I see where he is coming from and many have similar views.
Football wouldn't be football on and off the pitch if not for the in-game mistakes.
Pain and anguish are part of the irresistible allure of football.
If you want to take the passion out of the game the best way to go about it is to have it played and refereed by robots.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

As annoying as Jose can be,the man is one hell of a funny guy..Mourinho: “Only thieves don’t like the security cameras.”
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:I see where he is coming from and many have similar views.
Football wouldn't be football on and off the pitch if not for the in-game mistakes.
If you want to take the passion out of the game the best way to go about it is to have it played and refereed by robots.
rubbish
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
rubbish
So lets get this straight. Is your preference for robot players and referees?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

cchinukw wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
rubbish
You got it wrong - bro! It's not a preference, it is only a comment
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Odas wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
rubbish
You got it wrong - bro! It's not a preference, it is only a comment
Not sure what you mean but his comment hints at that preference. Care to explain?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051