Ndidi- Life as a footballer at university

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Re: Ndidi- Life as a footballer at university

Post by chief nfachairman »

Damunk wrote:
olu wrote:Love his discipline on and off the field and happy to see he is planning for life after football. The transition from sports to retirement is often difficult for athletes in any sport or country, but could be even more challenging for athletes from developing countries.

Ekong is still my first choice for captain out of our current crop. Iwobi would probably be next for me, then Ndidi, Omeruo, or Etebo.
Ekong is IMHO the main contender but Rohr should make a whole generational shift and go for the younger Ndidi who, to be honest, is more likely to outlast Ekong in that team and who's position doesn't seem to be under threat from any competition.
No need for such drastic generational shift. The next set of seniors in the team (after MIkel and Musa's set) are perfect professionals, gentlemen and playing in top leagues.

Ekong and Omeruo are potential captains and it make for proper team chemistry to go get someone below them to captain them especially when they have not been lagards in the team. It would totally destroy team chemistry. Ndidi;s turn would come in 3yrs when he is fully matured to be deputy to Ekong or Omeruo.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote:
olu wrote:Love his discipline on and off the field and happy to see he is planning for life after football. The transition from sports to retirement is often difficult for athletes in any sport or country, but could be even more challenging for athletes from developing countries.

Ekong is still my first choice for captain out of our current crop. Iwobi would probably be next for me, then Ndidi, Omeruo, or Etebo.
Ekong is IMHO the main contender but Rohr should make a whole generational shift and go for the younger Ndidi who, to be honest, is more likely to outlast Ekong in that team and who's position doesn't seem to be under threat from any competition.
Everyone please take a breather. You guys sometimes act like kids on sugared water. EKong & Balogun are not illiterates either. Should every eagle now go to the media to narrate their academic experiences just to be recognized as educated. Their primary job is still football for now at least regardless of degree and they still have to demonstrate emotional and social maturity because good leadership may not even all the time have anything to do with academic achievement
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I love this guy.
Just something about him.
I reckon he is the undisputable next captain of the Super Eagles.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I expect Rohr to give it to his brainless baby, backwater Saudi Arabia Musa. Then when brainless backwater Musa is done, he will hand it over to brainless club-jumper, Simon.
:roll: :roll: :roll: Anything to bash Rohr.
Meanwhile, it was Oliseh that inexplicably made Musa captain and tbh we haven't recovered since that major gaffe.
Even Musa rejected it at the time.
We go see sha, but I don't expect you to acknowledge if you're proven wrong.
Take a break, unlatch your smelly tongue and sit yo assss down somewhere. Like I said, I expect Rohr to give it to his brainless boyfriend, Musa. That is my expectation.

Should you have other expectations, please state them here so that we can analyze it. Don't you have shame? A man like you always having his mouth latched on another man's appendage! tufia!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Everyone please take a breather. You guys sometimes act like kids on sugared water. EKong & Balogun are not illiterates either. Should every eagle now go to the media to narrate their academic experiences just to be recognized as educated. Their primary job is still football for now at least regardless of degree and they still have to demonstrate emotional and social maturity because good leadership may not even all the time have anything to do with academic achievement
Dude, the recommendation is not based on academics. It just happens to have been mentioned in a thread lauding his academic pursuits :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
I love this guy.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I expect Rohr to give it to his brainless baby, backwater Saudi Arabia Musa. Then when brainless backwater Musa is done, he will hand it over to brainless club-jumper, Simon.
:roll: :roll: :roll: Anything to bash Rohr.
Meanwhile, it was Oliseh that inexplicably made Musa captain and tbh we haven't recovered since that major gaffe.
Even Musa rejected it at the time.
We go see sha, but I don't expect you to acknowledge if you're proven wrong.
Take a break, unlatch your smelly tongue and sit yo assss down somewhere. Like I said, I expect Rohr to give it to his brainless boyfriend, Musa. That is my expectation.

Should you have other expectations, please state them here so that we can analyze it. Don't you have shame? A man like you always having his mouth latched on another man's appendage! tufia!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
When are they finally gonna fit that colostomy bag over that your fat mouth?
Weytin dem don talk wey you dey shytt all over the place now-now?

Man, you got real issues, but if you're looking for someone to come join you inside gutter, count me out :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
I love this guy.

Musa have ten times over earned the captainship; though he is brainless playing from the wings
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
I love this guy.

Musa have ten times over earned the captainship; though he is brainless playing from the wings
so you expect Rohr to give it to the brainless Musa?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote:
ANC wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
I love this guy.

It is only the right thing to do.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ANC wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
I love this guy.

i dont think i get you. its a yes or no, do you expect rohr to give it to the brainless musa?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote:
ANC wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ANC wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
I love this guy.

i dont think i get you. its a yes or no, do you expect rohr to give it to the brainless musa?

I don't expect that man to do anything. He benched Oshimen for Paul and Ighalo.
I belive Musa should be the next Captain, short and simple. What Rohr does it another another matter.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Is that even a question or doubt that Musa is SE undisputed captain? Only inherent tribalist think otherwise. Infact, even If you use the excuse that musa starting position might be threatened and can affect his captain armband that shouldn’t affect his potential captain armband because kanu was a bench player for the most part of his captaincy period.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Musa a man that has served his country locally, internationally, and won trophies locally, internationally while also holding the title as SE top scorer at World Cup and SE World Cup goat is defined as
Brainless: devoid of intelligence, Stupid. Tomorrow, the same set of people will get offended when a “white man” calls them or uses such derogatory name of or on their player. Odiegwu o. Owusa gi igha Mara ife
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Polly wrote:Clearly an A1 kinda guy. You go, champ!

But I get one comment: When he tells Nacho after training that he is leaving for a class or the library, I hope the answer is, "I am coming with you!"

:rotf:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

jette1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

I doubt any SE is an illiterate.
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ndidi studying business and management at De Montfort Univer

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Wilfred Ndidi studying business and management at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Sports
By 042Hits Staff On Aug 23, 2019

Super Eagles midfielder, Wilfred Ndidi, has expressed his joy at studying business management at De Montfort University, Leicester.

The 22-year-old made the disclosure in an interview with the school.

“I was really happy when DMU staff said I could study here,” he said. “I wanted to do this course because growing up in Nigeria we didn’t really have the opportunity to actually go to school.

“It’s a personal thing for me that I want to do, to expand myself and learn new things.”

The business and management course fits around the international footballer’s busy training schedule.

He continued: “Instead of sitting at home after training I come to DMU for my classes.

“The teachers have been amazing, they really try and help me understand. Rather than just reading books they take time to explain things to me and they are also very understanding about my schedule with training.”

Wilfred Ndidi says that he hopes he can use his degree to help young Nigerian when they need help balancing football and education.

Ndidi moved to England when he signed for Leicester from Belgian side K.R.C. Genk in 2017 and has aspired to study ever since.

The midfielder has enjoyed a memorable year, getting married to his long-term girlfriend in May before heading to Egypt in June to play in the Africa Cup of Nations for Nigeria.

https://www.042hits.com/wilfred-ndidi-s ... niversity/
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ndidi studying business and management at De Montfort Univer

Wilfred Ndidi studying business and management at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Sports

Super Eagles midfielder, Wilfred Ndidi, has expressed his joy at studying business management at De Montfort University, Leicester.

“I was really happy when DMU staff said I could study here,” he said. “I wanted to do this course because growing up in Nigeria we didn’t really have the opportunity to actually go to school.

“It’s a personal thing for me that I want to do, to expand myself and learn new things.”

The business and management course fits around the international footballer’s busy training schedule.

He continued: “Instead of sitting at home after training I come to DMU for my classes.

“The teachers have been amazing, they really try and help me understand. Rather than just reading books they take time to explain things to me and they are also very understanding about my schedule with training.”

Wilfred Ndidi says that he hopes he can use his degree to help young Nigerian when they need help balancing football and education.

Ndidi moved to England when he signed for Leicester from Belgian side K.R.C. Genk in 2017 and has aspired to study ever since.

The midfielder has enjoyed a memorable year, getting married to his long-term girlfriend in May before heading to Egypt in June to play in the Africa Cup of Nations for Nigeria.

Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
okuns
Egg
Egg
Re: Ndidi studying business and management at De Montfort Un

Post by okuns »

Nice one, but how come he didn’t have any opportunity to study in Nigeria. We have problems, but there are some things we have done right too.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

okuns wrote:Nice one, but how come he didn’t have any opportunity to study in Nigeria. We have problems, but there are some things we have done right too.

:lol:
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

okuns wrote:Nice one, but how come he didn’t have any opportunity to study in Nigeria. We have problems, but there are some things we have done right too.
Maybe because he is from Imo state and needs to score over 140 on common entrance to be competitive for a decent public secondary school. Meanwhile the Daura dullard's relative will need to score 2 to go to FGC Ijaniki and rub shoulders with the very best from the SE?

Just Maybe ...
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Could be money. Have you thought about that or is it strange?

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote: Wilfred Ndidi studying business and management at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Sports

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Awesome guy! I hope he is able to finish given the intense demands of his football career. Kompany did it, so I believe he can, as long as he is not transferred out to Italy or something.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Nkume wrote:
Maybe because he is from Imo state and needs to score over 140 on common entrance to be competitive for a decent public secondary school. Meanwhile the Daura dullard's relative will need to score 2 to go to FGC Ijaniki and rub shoulders with the very best from the SE?

Just Maybe ...

Dude everything is not about state or ethnicity.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I'm sure something is missing in the translation. Maybe he meant playing football and going to school was difficult but the Western media could interpret it stereotypically.
I am happy