Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:41 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:10 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40844
Location: UK
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Like I said Abraham won’t choose Nigeria,England just won’t choose him because he is not good enough but Nigeria doing what they do will burden themselves by taking a passenger to a tournament like they did with Shola ameobi and Soje Just because he plays in England!
But this is a misrepresentation of the facts.

Sola Ameobi was waaaaaaaaay past his peak when he 'agreed' to play for the SE. He was a Premiership player (Newcastle), was about 29/30 if not older and made the WC team simply because we just didn't have the quality at our disposal to ignore him.

Keshi packed the WC squad with arguably even worse players like Uchebo and Nwafor up front and Odunlami, Gabriel and Uzoenyi behind them.

So it wasn't "just because he was playing in England". The squad was weak and it seems almost laughable looking back compared to what we are developing now.

You seem to have no idea the sheer number of Nigeria-eligible players in England alone - there are hundreds of them and if it was simply down to that, we could probably raise 3 or 4 teams from their ranks.

I am not a great fan of Tammy at the moment, but you can't compare him to the Ameobi that went to the WC under Keshi in 2014. That'll be unfair.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40844
Location: UK
theYemster wrote:
Next wrote:
British reject wants to be Nigeria gold. After turning down Naija 2017 Tammy appears to be making a U-turn:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/tammy-abraham-sends-positive-signal-to-rohr/

Quote:
Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham may have signified interest to represent Nigeria after including the Nigerian flag to his Instagram profile.

The Super Eagles are currently shopping for a capable replacement for Africa Cup of Nations goal king and internationally retired Odion Jude Ighalo. It remains to be seen if the Nigeria Football Federation will turn attention to the youngster after turning down Nigeria in 2017; even after NFF President Amaju Pinnick met with his representatives in London.

Abraham is behind Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Danny Welbeck and Callum Wilson in the pecking order in the English national team and may have resolved to try his luck with Nigeria. The Chelsea forward who helped Aston Villa to the Playoff last season has scored 60 goals as a professional Footballer.

What about Raheem Sterling and Jamie Vardy? :?
The writer didn't do his homework.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 31824
Location: Your worst Nightmare
ohenhen1 wrote:
We don’t need him.


Funny enough, this is exactly the right time for any striker on the fringe to step-up. Ighalo is on his way out, Kele looks lost and the likes of Awoniyi are not it. If he has a decent season in Chelsea and decides to come onboard the only serious competitor is Osimhen and tbh they are in the same category in my book.

_________________
Nigerian T-shirts online!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 15253
Damunk wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Next wrote:
British reject wants to be Nigeria gold. After turning down Naija 2017 Tammy appears to be making a U-turn:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/tammy-abraham-sends-positive-signal-to-rohr/

Quote:
Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham may have signified interest to represent Nigeria after including the Nigerian flag to his Instagram profile.

The Super Eagles are currently shopping for a capable replacement for Africa Cup of Nations goal king and internationally retired Odion Jude Ighalo. It remains to be seen if the Nigeria Football Federation will turn attention to the youngster after turning down Nigeria in 2017; even after NFF President Amaju Pinnick met with his representatives in London.

Abraham is behind Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Danny Welbeck and Callum Wilson in the pecking order in the English national team and may have resolved to try his luck with Nigeria. The Chelsea forward who helped Aston Villa to the Playoff last season has scored 60 goals as a professional Footballer.

What about Raheem Sterling and Jamie Vardy? :?
The writer didn't do his homework.

Vardy has retired from the national team. Did you do your homework? :D

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2019
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:25 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 5198
The YeyeMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Next wrote:
British reject wants to be Nigeria gold. After turning down Naija 2017 Tammy appears to be making a U-turn:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/tammy-abraham-sends-positive-signal-to-rohr/

Quote:
Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham may have signified interest to represent Nigeria after including the Nigerian flag to his Instagram profile.

The Super Eagles are currently shopping for a capable replacement for Africa Cup of Nations goal king and internationally retired Odion Jude Ighalo. It remains to be seen if the Nigeria Football Federation will turn attention to the youngster after turning down Nigeria in 2017; even after NFF President Amaju Pinnick met with his representatives in London.

Abraham is behind Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Danny Welbeck and Callum Wilson in the pecking order in the English national team and may have resolved to try his luck with Nigeria. The Chelsea forward who helped Aston Villa to the Playoff last season has scored 60 goals as a professional Footballer.

What about Raheem Sterling and Jamie Vardy? :?
The writer didn't do his homework.

Vardy has retired from the national team. Did you do your homework? :D


Sterling also isn't a no. 9 like the others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:45 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40844
Location: UK
The YeyeMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Next wrote:
British reject wants to be Nigeria gold. After turning down Naija 2017 Tammy appears to be making a U-turn:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/tammy-abraham-sends-positive-signal-to-rohr/

Quote:
Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham may have signified interest to represent Nigeria after including the Nigerian flag to his Instagram profile.

The Super Eagles are currently shopping for a capable replacement for Africa Cup of Nations goal king and internationally retired Odion Jude Ighalo. It remains to be seen if the Nigeria Football Federation will turn attention to the youngster after turning down Nigeria in 2017; even after NFF President Amaju Pinnick met with his representatives in London.

Abraham is behind Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Danny Welbeck and Callum Wilson in the pecking order in the English national team and may have resolved to try his luck with Nigeria. The Chelsea forward who helped Aston Villa to the Playoff last season has scored 60 goals as a professional Footballer.

What about Raheem Sterling and Jamie Vardy? :?
The writer didn't do his homework.

Vardy has retired from the national team. Did you do your homework? :D
I didn't o.
Chai! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 84195
Location: Earth
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: that trash tammy used yall to get another England recall :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/ ... jUAnsh32xc

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 5852
Location: Ajegunle
England 25 man squad list is out. Tammy-Abraham not listed. Perhaps he's on standby.

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:38 pm
Posts: 12
I do want Tammy do play for Nigeria. He'll be a backup to Victor Osimhen but I do like what he'll bring to SE if he joins


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Posts: 24924
Location: your girls place
Guy was left out of England squad plus he is rocking a Naija flag on his intstagram. Hmmm.

_________________
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 84195
Location: Earth
bret- hart wrote:
Guy was left out of England squad plus he is rocking a Naija flag on his intstagram. Hmmm.

Yvonne Orgi rocks a naija flag on IG, Seal the artist rocks the naija tag as well...that useless footballer tammy also rocks the English Flag as well... so we don't see the English yarning ... the guy no be am, and i watch every Chelsea game, that guy is a weak football, zero upper body strength, gets pushed off the ball easily and every time he loses the ball Chelsea concedes a goal....

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 14026
Quote:
Nigeria have launched an ambitious attempt to convince Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham to snub England and represent the Super Eagles at international level


Look at this disgusting insult. so, Tammy is an "ambitious" move for us? A guy who cant even make their team? :roll: :roll:

And then these nugget of insults:

Quote:
Abraham has reportedly told Nigeria to wait until April 2020 for a final decision


Quote:
'I told him that he stood a better chance of playing regularly for Nigeria than with England, which has a galaxy of strikers of the English stock.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... gland.html

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 2840
Tammy is just a glorified Onuachu... Can we get over these guy already? Jeez!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:54 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9686
Location: loughborough.
Lord Pinnick of Arsenal

Quote:
NFF President Melvin Amaju Pinnick said: 'We will not relent in our quest for good players to play for the country and win laurels. We will keep talking to good players of Nigeria descent to play for their fatherland.

'But like you know, these kids are very independent minded. In fact, we have been told to wait until April 2020, when he hopes to make a final decision on the matter.

'I told him that he stood a better chance of playing regularly for Nigeria than with England, which has a galaxy of strikers of the English stock.'


https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... gland.html

My message to Pinnick:


_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:28 pm
Posts: 4202
Location: UK
Bigpokey24 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
Guy was left out of England squad plus he is rocking a Naija flag on his intstagram. Hmmm.

Yvonne Orgi rocks a naija flag on IG, Seal the artist rocks the naija tag as well...that useless footballer tammy also rocks the English Flag as well... so we don't see the English yarning ... the guy no be am, and i watch every Chelsea game, that guy is a weak football, zero upper body strength, gets pushed off the ball easily and every time he loses the ball Chelsea concedes a goal....


you have an extraordinary ability of yarning Opaks on a regular basis... quite amazing really

_________________
YNWA
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 84195
Location: Earth
so lets get this straight, the Euros are in May 2020, and Tammy told you jokers he will make his decision April 2020.. :lol: :lol: the guy is using you jokers , he wants to wait and see if he gets called up when England gets ready to name their squad..oh my clueless natives

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:14 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40844
Location: UK
Tobi17 wrote:
Tammy is just a glorified Onuachu... Can we get over these guy already? Jeez!
Let's see how Onuachu will fare in the EPL if and when he gets the chance.
What do you reckon? :tic:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 17818
Bigpokey24 wrote:
so lets get this straight, the Euros are in May 2020, and Tammy told you jokers he will make his decision April 2020.. :lol: :lol: the guy is using you jokers , he wants to wait and see if he gets called up when England gets ready to name their squad..oh my clueless natives


He will not make England or SE by May 2020. He's an absolute disgrace and a user. :boo:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14040
they will cap him long before Euro 2020. Probably give him a few minutes, and then he probably wont even make the Euro 2020 squad.

Who cares about this guy.

The one we need to get is Ovie Ejaria.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17686
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
If Nigeria gets Tammy to play for the SE within this time period, it would be a major coup. We have not gotten a dual citizen English player declare for Nigeria in such circumstance where the player had a reasonable opportunity to play for England. It will indeed be a milestone, make no mistake about it.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 17818
Enugu II wrote:
If Nigeria gets Tammy to play for the SE within this time period, it would be a major coup. We have not gotten a dual citizen English player declare for Nigeria in such circumstance where the player had a reasonable opportunity to play for England. It will indeed be a milestone, make no mistake about it.



Rubbish! Moses and iwobiboth had reasonable chances of playing for England when they chose us. You must be a london cyber because its only london cybers that are impressed by England rubbish. The boy is not as good as Osihmen ,the fact that he was born and raised in England gets him the opportunity he has so far. Imho, he on the same level as Awoniyi. Screw him!

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:50 pm
Posts: 5016
Location: London
Agree with Kongi. I also believe Victor Moses and Iwobi would have eventually been capped by England at some point. Both definitely could have afforded to wait longer for a possible invatation to the England senior squad.

_________________
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 84195
Location: Earth
Iwobi and Victor Moses were very close to being called up for England...even there was a last minute hustle by England towards Iwobi, and this was during our qualifier vs Egypt , sotey many here thought Iwobi was going to turn us down while bobo was in Kano, the English FA tried so hard, but guess what SS gave Iwobi his official debut vs Egypt in the 2nd half...mind you Iwobi already played a friendly vs Cameroon..... both players always had Naija in heart and not that loser called tammy who has the audacity to say may 2020...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... nd-nigeria

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 38 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group