Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by 100%Naija »

YemiBrazil wrote:
100%Naija wrote:dey blow all this grammar on top 1pt. kai, you guys are the new Arsenal. Wengerism dey worry una..enjoy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You think I be like some CE people with poor man stronghead? Me I belong to the same ideology with PaJ - Manchester na Manchester whether bulu or red :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
chei shameless somebody like you.. i no fit shout o :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Fred can be any worse than Perreira or Lingard, Fred needs ti get back on the pitch ASAP, in a way, i feel sorry for OGS, he has been short changed by the management, will not be surprised if he resigns!

Though the squad is thin, he can start by picking players on merit, dropped Lingard and brings on Matic looking for a miracle, after Southampton went down to 10 men, i thought Rashford will get subbed, too many chances went flying, playing Pogba so deep is clearly not working, when he moved in an advanced role, he was creating chances but Rashford could not finish

Grrenwood needs to be given a start, no point bringing him on for the last 10 mins!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:Fred can be any worse than Perreira or Lingard, Fred needs ti get back on the pitch ASAP, in a way, i feel sorry for OGS, he has been short changed by the management, will not be surprised if he resigns!

Though the squad is thin, he can start by picking players on merit, dropped Lingard and brings on Matic looking for a miracle, after Southampton went down to 10 men, i thought Rashford will get subbed, too many chances went flying, playing Pogba so deep is clearly not working, when he moved in an advanced role, he was creating chances but Rashford could not finish

Grrenwood needs to be given a start, no point bringing him on for the last 10 mins!
wah wah wah :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

100%Naija wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
100%Naija wrote:dey blow all this grammar on top 1pt. kai, you guys are the new Arsenal. Wengerism dey worry una..enjoy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You think I be like some CE people with poor man stronghead? Me I belong to the same ideology with PaJ - Manchester na Manchester whether bulu or red :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
chei shameless somebody like you.. i no fit shout o :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
He don take style buy City Jersey. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fairweather fans full hia :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

marko wrote:Fred can be any worse than Perreira or Lingard, Fred needs ti get back on the pitch ASAP, in a way, i feel sorry for OGS, he has been short changed by the management, will not be surprised if he resigns!

Why will any player put in the shift? What will motivate Rashford to improve or do better? Man United is rewarding mediocrity. Nothing the coach can do about that. The team is filled with average players on ridiculous salary. To cap it all they are Lazy!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

queston: why does Rashford walk around the field like is a post-invincible Henry. Somebody better tell him that he is still an up and coming youngster and needs to retain that type of hunger. He has lots of talent, but he hasn't arrived. But why do I know? I am not a ManU fan.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

amafolas wrote:queston: why does Rashford walk around the field like is a post-invincible Henry. Somebody better tell him that he is still an up and coming youngster and needs to retain that type of hunger. He has lots of talent, but he hasn't arrived. But why do I know? I am not a ManU fan.
When you pay him 300k a week what do you expect. I hear coaches talk about protecting young players, the case of Rashford readily comes to mind. The boy is not ready for the sort of responsibility being thrust on his shoulders.

But they have turned United into kinders club. Truth is the boy is not yet ready to earn 100k a week, never mind 300k
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

cchinukw wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
He don take style buy City Jersey. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fairweather fans full hia :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: This is false accusation.
Blue has always been my favorite color (Up Shooting!!! :mrgreen: ) and I never said I denounce my Man United support - I only added more value to my portfolio by supporting the great Pep Guardiola, an epitome of excellence. I cannot come and kill myself, abi dem tell you say I be Glazier family member :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...United na like drip drip drip down to relegation soonest :lol: :lol:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

amafolas wrote:queston: why does Rashford walk around the field like is a post-invincible Henry. Somebody better tell him that he is still an up and coming youngster and needs to retain that type of hunger. He has lots of talent, but he hasn't arrived. But why do I know? I am not a ManU fan.

That is OGS job to coach him, Rashford still young, he should watch Mbappe in action, similar age but miles ahead in terms of development, not too late but he needs to be grounded, give Greenwood a chance, OGS said he is united best finisher right? Or natural finisher, well prove it by giving him more than 10 minutes, same applies to Lingard, he has reached his peak, 27 and still not performing

Time OGS starts paying back the goodwill he enjoys from us fans, even if he was not backed up at the transfer window, Southampton are games where your managerial skills comes to play, especially playing 10 men, after 70 min, it should have been a straight swap with Greenwood just to keep him on his toes
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Many people think I dont like Rashford. I actually do. he is very talented. his problem is that he is not smart. he lacks a football brain.

Oloye was right, in that he is young and can be taught. Unfortunately, rather than teaching him, they crowned him! Like I said, in a normal world, a player like Rashford would have been sent on loan like Harry Kane, who was sent on loan and had to crawl his way out of that to get to where he was. Look at Kane now!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

danfo driver wrote:
Many people think I dont like Rashford. I actually do. he is very talented. his problem is that he is not smart. he lacks a football brain.

Oloye was right, in that he is young and can be taught. Unfortunately, rather than teaching him, they crowned him! Like I said, in a normal world, a player like Rashford would have been sent on loan like Harry Kane, who was sent on loan and had to crawl his way out of that to get to where he was. Look at Kane now!
A 300k player should be sent on loan? How will you motivate him again?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:

That is OGS job to coach him, Rashford still young, he should watch Mbappe in action, similar age but miles ahead in terms of development, not too late but he needs to be grounded, give Greenwood a chance, OGS said he is united best finisher right? Or natural finisher, well prove it by giving him more than 10 minutes, same applies to Lingard, he has reached his peak, 27 and still not performing

Time OGS starts paying back the goodwill he enjoys from us fans, even if he was not backed up at the transfer window, Southampton are games where your managerial skills comes to play, especially playing 10 men, after 70 min, it should have been a straight swap with Greenwood just to keep him on his toes
When people make this kind of comparisons, it is borders on a lot of inconsistencies. Mbappe, a player I adopted as a son around the same time I did Rashy, had matured players around him. This is always important for a young player. Mbappe did not start at PSG, he progressed to PSG and even at PSG he had Neymar, Cavani, De Maria to play with.

Things have been crazy in the last two years with this young boy both at United and in the English media. And United have not helped his development. The boy needs a break, but how do you explain giving a player on 300k a week a break.

That boy still needs 1 or 2 years of development playing with matured players. All great players who started out young went through that process. But today Rashford is being looked up and tipped to get them 20+ goals, sorrounded by some kinder who might not even get a game with Aston Villa.

Everyone in that team have lost their head, the delusional United way has consumed their brains
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

wanaj0 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Wanaj0, it is not always about money. I don't know if going on loan will help, but the boy needs to play around more experienced and yes better strikers. This is a boy at the United level who should still be learning, not one to be crowned a king, not at this stage of his career

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wanaj0 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

He was given his 300k this week. I am referring to being sent on loan when he first came up and 1 or 2 other seasons after that.

I also said they should not have given him that significant pay-increase
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

oloye wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Wanaj0, it is not always about money. I don't know if going on loan will help, but the boy needs to play around more experienced and yes better strikers. This is a boy at the United level who should still be learning, not one to be crowned a king, not at this stage of his career
When you asked for 300k a week, you cannot be a 'learner'! You must be ready to deliver. If he is on 300k per week, then how much will the better and more experienced striker be paid?

The whole situation was MISMANAGED. Everyone bought into the hype. He is carrying a load to big for him to carry.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wanaj0 wrote:
oloye wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

When you asked for 300k a week, you cannot be a 'learner'! You must be ready to deliver. If he is on 300k per week, then how much will the better and more experienced striker be paid?

The whole situation was MISMANAGED. Everyone bought into the hype. He is carrying a load to big for him to carry.
That i believe, rewarding him with 300K is pure madness, the pressure is too much, The end product is not even there! I do believe he can be coached but he must be willing to learn, is OGS the right person to help his development? Only time will tell, even Martial all round game is better, yesterday he was missed with all those chances that came in the box

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
oloye wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

That i believe, rewarding him with 300K is pure madness, the pressure is too much, The end product is not even there! I do believe he can be coached but he must be willing to learn, is OGS the right person to help his development? Only time will tell, even Martial all round game is better, yesterday he was missed with all those chances that came in the box
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Rashford is only part of the problem with united, will be wrong to start singling out players, the structure of the club is very shaky, until they decide if they want to be a money making machine or competitive, things will get worse before they get better, at least OGS is slowly phasing out all the junk but there are still more, as it stands Pogba will not sign a new deal, i just hope he has not downed tools mentally in his head, playing around so much mediocrity must be frustrating

Due to the fact we could not bring in any midfielder, Pogba is been forced to play that quarter back role he hates, we are not creating chances and Pogba playing deep is affecting our game

OGS has to bring Fred back, cannot be any worse than Mctomminay and Perreira, everyone must be given a chance, if not, then try Garner

If OGS loses a few more games, the pressire will be on, i really want him to succeed but he needs to grow some balls

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:Rashford is only part of the problem with united, will be wrong to start singling out players, the structure of the club is very shaky, until they decide if they want to be a money making machine or competitive, things will get worse before they get better, at least OGS is slowly phasing out all the junk but there are still more, as it stands Pogba will not sign a new deal, i just hope he has not downed tools mentally in his head, playing around so much mediocrity must be frustrating

Due to the fact we could not bring in any midfielder, Pogba is been forced to play that quarter back role he hates, we are not creating chances and Pogba playing deep is affecting our game

OGS has to bring Fred back, cannot be any worse than Mctomminay and Perreira, everyone must be given a chance, if not, then try Garner

If OGS loses a few more games, the pressire will be on, i really want him to succeed but he needs to grow some balls
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

For 3 years the fans have been screaming for a clear out. As they say, "be careful what you wish for"...

The club has actually weakened the team with the players they got rid of:

1) Lukaku - bad first touch, but scores frequently. They did not replace him and are relying on a 17yo player with no first team experience to replace a guy who has scored nearly 50 goals in 2 seasons, and who has played in a WC SF.

2) Fellaini, Andrew Smith - the much maligned Fellani actually had a good record of scoring key winning/decisive goals late in the game. Not technically pleasing on the eye, but was a dangerous "Plan B" player at set pieces either end of the pitch. Smith was unparalleled in the squad for his work rate, incisive passing, and pure bast*rdry. They "replaced" those two by promoting McTominay and Pereira to the first team.

3) Sanchez - him going out on loan is not actually a good deal because the club are still stuck paying 50% of his wages. If they are going to pay an employee's wages anyway, they might as well have him - you know, actually play for the club that pays him.

4) Valencia - replaced by AWB: good move.

5) Smalling - Man U have 7 CDs in the first team. That is clearly too many. However I wonder why Smalling is the first one being shown the door when guys like Mark Red, Darmian, Young, and Jones are still at the club. Red and Jones could be sold purely on their appalling fitness records (even if they were brilliant world class players). So why is Smalling the first one to go? At least he is fit and available for selection most of the time.

Some others still at the club are getting away with blue murder because for the past 3 seasons the team has had other scapegoats to cover their tracks (Fellaini, Sanchez, Lukaku, Young). Lindelof has not shown anything to indicate that he is more than a Swedish Jones or Smalling. Why is he always assumed to be the first CD name on the team-sheet? He is about as steady as a deer on ice, and I think young Tuanzebe is more composed than him. Rashford, Pogba, and Lingard have also been utter gash this season. Daniel James (a raw kid with no prior EPL experience) has shown more endeavour than 3 of them combined.

Oh, and why are Mark Red, Darmian, Young, and Mata still at the club?
Last edited by wiseone on Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Marcus Rashford is a lucky kid to be English or else he could have gone since last year.
With all that money he make is he lining up Englash lasses during his off days that he can't function well on the field.
When he broke into the first team, then the national team he was superb.
At such a young age he's declining already, unless kid has Nigeria blood if you know what I mean :???: