Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

mcal wrote:...Marcus Rashford is a lucky kid to be English or else he could have gone since last year.
With all that money he make is he lining up Englash lasses during his off days that he can't function well on the field.
When he broke into the first team, then the national team he was superb.
At such a young age he's declining already, unless kid has Nigeria blood if you know what I mean :???:
A mean coach like Pep would treat him how he rotates his strikers, everything depends on if Rashford wants to improve his game or not, it is the coaches job to sit him down and show him his errors, if rashford wants to model his game after Ronaldo, he should study his videos and check his awareness on the pitch, anticipation, movement and of course his deadly finishing

Out of all the players we let go, we call him Andrew Smith in here lol! Mata is still here because he is model professional even though his days as a top professional are clearly numbered, same applies to Matic, we need that director of football desperately, to finish top 4 these days, you need top quality in every position

Then we have OGS, as much as i want him to succeed, he was not backed up in the transfer window, yes that is the excuse when losing to the likes of Spurs, City or Liverpool, no excuses for the shambolic performances against palace, Southampton and Wolves, that bores down to coaching and making key decisions on the pitch, so yes OGS is very suspect in this area, i subscribe to united stand on Youtube and enjoy the alternative views of the likes of Mark, Rants, flex, Saheed and the other guys who go to the live games and interview fans and what not, I think Rants is usually spot on, brash in the way he speaks but he always has evidence to back up, Flex claims OGS is dysfunctional, different interesting views, i prefer these guys than the so-called pundits on TV

The goodwill OGS enjoys will start wearing thin if he does not back up his claims with what we see on the pitch, yes he says all the right things but we see the complete opposite on the pitch with regards to playing the youths, a few more poor results, sorry things will go out of his control and we all know where that usually ends up
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Ole has his get out of jail free card tucked up his sleeve. The emphasis on youth is merely a decoy to excuse his obvious ineptitudes. While Lampard has the transfer embargo perfectly placed as the joker in the pack, Ole has no such privilege. The squad has been gutted and stuffed with Britain’s best. 5 or 6 in the starting 11, in the land of the Brexiteers, Ole’s nod to the days of Empires wins reprieve but remission is oft short lived. Relapse to vitriol is an inevitability once Great Britain realises its greatness was built on the labour and ethic of those Johnny Foreign unsung heroes. The inbreds will turn on Solskjaer once the blips prove to be the norm.

Have them down for the Carling Cup mind you. Top 4 and a trophy, the Wengerian double might spare his ascension to Valhalla.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Coach wrote:Ole has his get out of jail free card tucked up his sleeve. The emphasis on youth is merely a decoy to excuse his obvious ineptitudes. While Lampard has the transfer embargo perfectly placed as the joker in the pack, Ole has no such privilege. The squad has been gutted and stuffed with Britain’s best. 5 or 6 in the starting 11, in the land of the Brexiteers, Ole’s nod to the days of Empires wins reprieve but remission is oft short lived. Relapse to vitriol is an inevitability once Great Britain realises its greatness was built on the labour and ethic of those Johnny Foreign unsung heroes. The inbreds will turn on Solskjaer once the blips prove to be the norm.

Have them down for the Carling Cup mind you. Top 4 and a trophy, the Wengerian double might spare his ascension to Valhalla.
That get out of jail card will eventually send him to jail, We need to see improvement, though you might not win games, once we can see improvements, we support, Lampard, we can see where he is going with youth, that is the way forward, he will get things spot on

Yes i want to see the best of British players at united, i want to see results on the pitch, look at darren James, many claimed he should be an impact player, just look at his finishing? look at his awareness to place that ball and compare that to Rashford who is supposed to be a senior player now, It is rashford that should be the impact player based on form

As it stands, Rashford and Lingard should not be starting games, Martial is the main man, his footballing brain is miles ahead of Rashford, Even Lindelof is not looking assured these days, we have Tuazebe, he was brilliant for Villa on loan, lets try that pairing, Fred needs to be brought back from the wilderness

so as far as i am concerned, Perreira, Lingard and Rashford should not be starting games, 1 out of Lingard and Perreira should make match day bench

I just feel OGS trying to play to the gallery will eventually see him out, just hope he sees things for what they are
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

marko wrote:Rashford is only part of the problem with united, will be wrong to start singling out players, the structure of the club is very shaky, until they decide if they want to be a money making machine or competitive, things will get worse before they get better, at least OGS is slowly phasing out all the junk but there are still more, as it stands Pogba will not sign a new deal, i just hope he has not downed tools mentally in his head, playing around so much mediocrity must be frustrating

Due to the fact we could not bring in any midfielder, Pogba is been forced to play that quarter back role he hates, we are not creating chances and Pogba playing deep is affecting our game

OGS has to bring Fred back, cannot be any worse than Mctomminay and Perreira, everyone must be given a chance, if not, then try Garner

If OGS loses a few more games, the pressire will be on, i really want him to succeed but he needs to grow some balls
To be honest it was a bad decision to let certain players go with no replacements, and then going ahead to spend 80 million pounds on Maguire. Rashford cannot lead the line, everyone knows it but it says a lot about OGS that he keeps playing him there.

I don't believe in Ole's ability to lead this team and the development of our young players. I've also noticed the penchant for favouritism or is it unjustified belief in certain players? It's his decision though but I do not see it working.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Donzman wrote:
marko wrote:Rashford is only part of the problem with united, will be wrong to start singling out players, the structure of the club is very shaky, until they decide if they want to be a money making machine or competitive, things will get worse before they get better, at least OGS is slowly phasing out all the junk but there are still more, as it stands Pogba will not sign a new deal, i just hope he has not downed tools mentally in his head, playing around so much mediocrity must be frustrating

Due to the fact we could not bring in any midfielder, Pogba is been forced to play that quarter back role he hates, we are not creating chances and Pogba playing deep is affecting our game

OGS has to bring Fred back, cannot be any worse than Mctomminay and Perreira, everyone must be given a chance, if not, then try Garner

If OGS loses a few more games, the pressire will be on, i really want him to succeed but he needs to grow some balls
To be honest it was a bad decision to let certain players go with no replacements, and then going ahead to spend 80 million pounds on Maguire. Rashford cannot lead the line, everyone knows it but it says a lot about OGS that he keeps playing him there.

I don't believe in Ole's ability to lead this team and the development of our young players. I've also noticed the penchant for favouritism or is it unjustified belief in certain players? It's his decision though but I do not see it working.
favourtism? still early days but if you play rashford, Lingard with no end result, then might have a case there, always prepared to give OGS the benefit of doubt , he will soon find out the hard way if results dont go his way

Marko
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

marko wrote:
Donzman wrote:

favourtism? still early days but if you play rashford, Lingard with no end result, then might have a case there, always prepared to give OGS the benefit of doubt , he will soon find out the hard way if results dont go his way
If that isn't favouritism then I don't know what it is. You keep playing those guys while letting important ones like Lukaku and Herrera go.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Donzman wrote:
marko wrote:
Donzman wrote:

If that isn't favouritism then I don't know what it is. You keep playing those guys while letting important ones like Lukaku and Herrera go.
With Lukaku, i dont think he was a right fit at united, even though a top scorer for Belgium and a proven record in the premiership, Herrera, it was the board decision not to give him what he was asking for, we are paying for that one dearly, our midfield is light, imagine if we had him there now!

The board are the irresponsible ones, trying to play a fast one, with a good pre-season, they obviously thought no additional resources were needed! we all stressed the positions that needed new signings, agreeing to sell Lukaku with no obvious replacement was criminal, the plan being freeing up spaces for players like Greenwood, now he cant even get more than 10 mins on the pitch

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

It will be tough for this Man Utd team to finish 4th. Assuming City and Liverpool will finish 1st and 2nd, is this Man Utd team better than Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, or even Everton? The squad is not deep enough for them to rotate and rest players even though they have a gruelling long season ahead of them with Europa league travel in midweek. Imagine if they get a few injuries? They have no back-ups for Rashford, Martial, or Pogba. The only positions where they have strength in depth are CD and GK (AKA the 2 areas where most teams do not suffer injury crises).
Coach wrote:Ole has his get out of jail free card tucked up his sleeve. The emphasis on youth is merely a decoy to excuse his obvious ineptitudes. While Lampard has the transfer embargo perfectly placed as the joker in the pack, Ole has no such privilege. The squad has been gutted and stuffed with Britain’s best. 5 or 6 in the starting 11, in the land of the Brexiteers, Ole’s nod to the days of Empires wins reprieve but remission is oft short lived. Relapse to vitriol is an inevitability once Great Britain realises its greatness was built on the labour and ethic of those Johnny Foreign unsung heroes. The inbreds will turn on Solskjaer once the blips prove to be the norm.

Last edited by wiseone on Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

wiseone wrote:It will be tough for this Man Utd team to finish 4th. Assuming City and Liverpool will finish 1st and 2nd, is this Man Utd team better than Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, or even Everton? The squad is not deep enough for them to rotate and rest players even though they have a gruelling long season ahead of them with Europa league travel in midweek. Imagine if they get a few injuries? They have no back-ups for Rashford, Martial, or Pogba. The only positions where they have strength in depth are CD and GK (AKA the 2 areas where most teams do not suffer injury crises).

This is a lower mid-table team. Forget the jersey. I have seen horrible performances under that clown Mourinho with McTominay in the heart of the defense line (WTF????) and the remaining players practically sleepwalking through matches but against Southampton where a lot of freedom of expression was allowed - United's current level was painfully glaring (Under Mourinho, Southampton's 'pedigree' would be enough to emit panic signals and trigger a park-the-bus approach from minute 1). With over 20 minutes to go, United had a man advantage and the lack of that special quality was emphatically underlined. It was just Southampton, not Man City, not Liverpool, not even Tottenham, Arsenal, Wolves, Everton or Leicester. All those involved in any form of decision making at United in the past 5 years should be ashamed.

And to the gentlemen of the press, I am one of those who bought into this 'it will take time' excuse. Someone pointed out on a United fan show over the weekend that Atletico Madrid let go of about half of their team (I have not verified this yet) and matchday 3 they are on top of a tough league and looking very good. United will never change in years if this OGS experiment brings the slightest success (how many matches lost already in the last 20 matches???? ridiculous! With a good manager, you should start looking good after 9 months in charge), so I'm seriously hoping that United start fighting relegation in a matter of weeks so that the message can properly sink in. With all the money involved, the standard at United should always be a ruthless tactician in charge, battle-hardened players in every position (you are not ready to deliver week-in week-out you go out on loan if still very young until ready or ship out), zero tolerance for poor performance, EPL title & champions league top 4 as yearly minimum target (keyword: target).
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I remember when Jose said that finishing 2nd with this Man Utd team was "my greatest achievement in football". Everyone thought it was his usual sh**housery. Squad rebuilding was required. However it should not have entailed taking over 40 goals out of the squad in the form of Lukaku or letting their only dependable and consistent midfielder leave the club.

Awful stat: Man Utd last won an EPL away game 6 months ago....
YemiBrazil wrote: This is a lower mid-table team. Forget the jersey. I have seen horrible performances under that clown Mourinho with McTominay in the heart of the defense line (WTF????) and the remaining players practically sleepwalking through matches but against Southampton where a lot of freedom of expression was allowed - United's current level was painfully glaring (Under Mourinho, Southampton's 'pedigree' would be enough to emit panic signals and trigger a park-the-bus approach from minute 1). With over 20 minutes to go, United had a man advantage and the lack of that special quality was emphatically underlined. It was just Southampton, not Man City, not Liverpool, not even Tottenham, Arsenal, Wolves, Everton or Leicester. All those involved in any form of decision making at United in the past 5 years should be ashamed.

And to the gentlemen of the press, I am one of those who bought into this 'it will take time' excuse. Someone pointed out on a United fan show over the weekend that Atletico Madrid let go of about half of their team (I have not verified this yet) and matchday 3 they are on top of a tough league and looking very good. United will never change in years if this OGS experiment brings the slightest success (how many matches lost already in the last 20 matches???? ridiculous!), so I'm seriously hoping that United start fighting relegation in a matter of weeks so that the message can properly sink in. With all the money involved, the standard at United should always be a ruthless tactician in charge, battle-hardened players in every position (you are not ready to deliver week-in week-out you go out on loan if still very young until ready or ship out), zero tolerance for poor performance, EPL title & champions league top 4 as yearly minimum target (keyword: target).
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

wiseone wrote:I remember when Jose said that finishing 2nd with this Man Utd team was "my greatest achievement in football". Everyone thought it was his usual sh**housery. Squad rebuilding was required. However it should not have entailed taking over 40 goals out of the squad in the form of Lukaku or letting their only dependable and consistent midfielder leave the club.

Awful stat: Man Utd last won an EPL away game 6 months ago....
YemiBrazil wrote: This is a lower mid-table team. Forget the jersey. I have seen horrible performances under that clown Mourinho with McTominay in the heart of the defense line (WTF????) and the remaining players practically sleepwalking through matches but against Southampton where a lot of freedom of expression was allowed - United's current level was painfully glaring (Under Mourinho, Southampton's 'pedigree' would be enough to emit panic signals and trigger a park-the-bus approach from minute 1). With over 20 minutes to go, United had a man advantage and the lack of that special quality was emphatically underlined. It was just Southampton, not Man City, not Liverpool, not even Tottenham, Arsenal, Wolves, Everton or Leicester. All those involved in any form of decision making at United in the past 5 years should be ashamed.

And to the gentlemen of the press, I am one of those who bought into this 'it will take time' excuse. Someone pointed out on a United fan show over the weekend that Atletico Madrid let go of about half of their team (I have not verified this yet) and matchday 3 they are on top of a tough league and looking very good. United will never change in years if this OGS experiment brings the slightest success (how many matches lost already in the last 20 matches???? ridiculous!), so I'm seriously hoping that United start fighting relegation in a matter of weeks so that the message can properly sink in. With all the money involved, the standard at United should always be a ruthless tactician in charge, battle-hardened players in every position (you are not ready to deliver week-in week-out you go out on loan if still very young until ready or ship out), zero tolerance for poor performance, EPL title & champions league top 4 as yearly minimum target (keyword: target).
This is the category of statistics that tells you your true level. This belongs to relegation bound teams. You expect such with Ole handling Cardiff City, not Manchester United. I don't think that type of stat is even acceptable at Crystal Palace.

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Watching The United Stand and one stupid boy rooting for Martial said Rashford is the new Benteke :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

OGS is lucky its only early days of the season but as someone pointed out some stats, not won an away game in 6 months!

He promised to clear out some players, Felliani, Lukaku, Sanchez, Herrera, smalling, Darmian, Valencia have left, He was promised up to 200 Million for rebuilding, net spend was like 80 million, if Greenwood is replacing Lukaku, then he has to start games, what we are lacking now is goals, where we dominate play, we lack the killer instinct, our in form striker is an ex-championship player

Pogba and Martial are injured, So it seems the likes of Fred will need to be brought back from hiding lol

We have seen some players like Chong, Greenwood, Gomes, Garner, Tuazebe but they cannot get games, OGS has panicked and gone back to square one Mourinho football by playing Ashley Young, Mata, Matic, did it work?

Like i said, the season has only started but the warning signs are there for all to see, the board are inept, unprofessional and running the club like a mid table side, its a shame OGS will be the fall guy and blamed for his lack of competence, if i were him, i will go for broke and bring on the kids

The next game will be crucial against Leicester, if we lose that, sorry OGS is finished! And why did we not go for Ndidi? He would have been the perfect foil for Pogba, guess he does not have an European name or? The scouting leaves more to be desired

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:OGS is lucky its only early days of the season but as someone pointed out some stats, not won an away game in 6 months!

He promised to clear out some players, Felliani, Lukaku, Sanchez, Herrera, smalling, Darmian, Valencia have left, He was promised up to 200 Million for rebuilding, net spend was like 80 million, if Greenwood is replacing Lukaku, then he has to start games, what we are lacking now is goals, where we dominate play, we lack the killer instinct, our in form striker is an ex-championship player

Pogba and Martial are injured, So it seems the likes of Fred will need to be brought back from hiding lol

We have seen some players like Chong, Greenwood, Gomes, Garner, Tuazebe but they cannot get games, OGS has panicked and gone back to square one Mourinho football by playing Ashley Young, Mata, Matic, did it work?

Like i said, the season has only started but the warning signs are there for all to see, the board are inept, unprofessional and running the club like a mid table side, its a shame OGS will be the fall guy and blamed for his lack of competence, if i were him, i will go for broke and bring on the kids

The next game will be crucial against Leicester, if we lose that, sorry OGS is finished! And why did we not go for Ndidi? He would have been the perfect foil for Pogba, guess he does not have an European name or? The scouting leaves more to be desired
The board has one more trick up their sleeves for the United faithful.
They will stick with Ole and promise to give him a bumper transfer warchest next summer( Ole has already ruled out any activity in January).

Therefore United fans will be bombarded with rumours of exciting targets that the club is looking at throughout this season especially after lost games.
And if ever they sack Ole mid-season, then Carrick/Phelan will be appointed caretaker manager, and the same thing that happened with Ole may happen again, a new manager temporary form that sees fans calling for a permanent appointment.

Or else miraculously, Manchester United may go on a winning run and gain confidence. But i don't trust Ole to prevail against top teams with top managers
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Finally got some time to fact-check Atletico Madrid rebuild process this season.
This is amazing indeed! A masterfully handled house cleaning without running foul of FFP. You don't need three years to rebuild if you know what you are doing. You can rebuild over the summer and be strong enough to challenge right away.

-------------------
Arrivals (9)
-------------------
João Félix Second Striker 19 SL Benfica £113.40m
Marcos Llorente Defensive Midfield 24 Real Madrid £27.00m
Mario Hermoso Centre-Back 24 Espanyol £22.50m
Kieran Trippier Right-Back 28 Tottenham £19.80m
Felipe Centre-Back 30 FC Porto £18.00m
Renan Lodi Left-Back 21 Athletico-PR £18.00m
Ivan Saponjic Centre-Forward 21 SL Benfica B £450k
Héctor Herrera Central Midfield 29 FC Porto Free Transfer
Nicolás Ibáñez Centre-Forward 24

-------------------
Departures (11)
-------------------
Antoine Griezmann Centre-Forward 28
Lucas Hernández Centre-Back 23
Rodri Defensive Midfield 23
Gelson Martins Right Winger 24
Luciano Vietto Left Winger 25
Bernard Mensah Central Midfield 24
Héctor Hernández Centre-Forward 23
Filipe Luís Left-Back 33
Diego Godín Centre-Back 33
André Moreira Goalkeeper 23
Juanfran Right-Back 34

-------------------
Out on loan (4)
-------------------
Nikola Kalinić Centre-Forward 31
Nehuén Pérez Centre-Back 19
Axel Werner Goalkeeper 23

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:
Don't say if.
That is a game United can lose easily.
Rodgers is not a fool, his teams can play football.

Talking about scouting, i remember asking around 2015 why many teams didn't seem interested in Aubameyang when he was at Dortmund and scoring goals for fun.
United ended up going for Lukaku at 90 million.

In the last press conference Ole said he wanted a Lukaku
replacement but he couldn't find any. That is amazing, a big club cannot scout a striker after all these months knowing they are getting rid of Lukaku.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YemiBrazil wrote:Finally got some time to fact-check Atletico Madrid rebuild process this season.
This is amazing indeed! A masterfully handled house cleaning without running foul of FFP. You don't need three years to rebuild if you know what you are doing. You can rebuild over the summer and be strong enough to challenge right away.

-------------------
Arrivals (9)
-------------------

-------------------
Departures (11)
-------------------
Filipe Luís Left-Back 33
Juanfran Right-Back 34

-------------------
Out on loan (4)
-------------------
There you go.
The signs of a serious club at work.
The signs that there are scouts doing a job. The results of a proper structure.

Wiseone once promised me that Manchester United scouts are some of the best in the business, but personally i cannot see it, there's not much to show for it.

When you see that list of Altetico activity, you can also have hope that this is something that will work even in 2 seasons.
Even when Liverpool started spending that Coutinho money, it was clear to many that they have done the right thing
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The board are too cheap! Not sure what the game plan is, they are looking for cheap excuses meanwhile the top half of the table are getting stronger, we will certainly learn the hard way, doubt if OGS will survive this, sacrificial lamb so to speak

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:Finally got some time to fact-check Atletico Madrid rebuild process this season.

-------------------
Arrivals (9)
-------------------

-------------------
Departures (11)
-------------------
Filipe Luís Left-Back 33
Juanfran Right-Back 34

-------------------
Out on loan (4)
-------------------
There you go.

Wiseone once promised me that Manchester United scouts are some of the best in the business, but personally i cannot see it, there's not much to show for it.

When you see that list of Altetico activity, you can also have hope that this is something that will work even in 2 seasons.
Even when Liverpool started spending that Coutinho money, it was clear to many that they have done the right thing
I watched Altetico live a couple weeks ago against Juventus, they were looking pretty impressive, United scouting system is in complete shambles, fair enough Maguire, AWB and Daniel james have hit the ground running, a serious club will even tie up deals for new players come January, a bit proactive, It will be a shame if we let the likes of Ndidi go through the radar, he is tried and tested and a very good player

Marko
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

marko wrote:The board are too cheap! Not sure what the game plan is, they are looking for cheap excuses meanwhile the top half of the table are getting stronger, we will certainly learn the hard way, doubt if OGS will survive this, sacrificial lamb so to speak
Too cheap? They are money miss road people! You cant be cheap and paying players ridiculous wages.

JM over achieved with the team. Instead of building on that, you all started believing the hype. Now you see where you are. You have average players on ridiculous salaries. Players with ZERO motivation. No fight or hunger. Just going through the motions.

It has little to do with the coaches but more to do with the players and those running the club! The commercial success will soon dry up then everyone eye will clear!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:
benteke wrote:

-------------------
Arrivals (9)
-------------------

-------------------
Departures (11)
-------------------
Filipe Luís Left-Back 33
Juanfran Right-Back 34

-------------------
Out on loan (4)
-------------------
There you go.

I watched Altetico live a couple weeks ago against Juventus, they were looking pretty impressive, United scouting system is in complete shambles, fair enough Maguire, AWB and Daniel james have hit the ground running, a serious club will even tie up deals for new players come January, a bit proactive, It will be a shame if we let the likes of Ndidi go through the radar, he is tried and tested and a very good player
For the kind of money you are generously dishing out ro players your team should be brimming with world class players not Wolves and Brighton level players. Ewu money miss road club.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:

-------------------
Arrivals (9)
-------------------

-------------------
Departures (11)
-------------------
Filipe Luís Left-Back 33
Juanfran Right-Back 34

-------------------
Out on loan (4)
-------------------
There you go.

For the kind of money you are generously dishing out ro players your team should be brimming with world class players not Wolves and Brighton level players. Ewu money miss road club.
Thats desperation! nothing to do with talent or ability, this must be said, in a normal 9 to 5, some will be sacked by now, the rationale behind giving Rashford 300K if this is true is shocking

At least they have started reducing the wage bill but we still have a lot of average players stealing a living

From we have seen in the few games, what is the difference between Daniel James and Rashford? James last 2 goals, were they speculative shots or well placed? James seems to be quite decent on the left, is it due to the fact he is hungry and want to succeed?

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

3 ways to look at this season so far:

1) 5 points from 4 games. Worst start since 93/94, 07/08, and 08/09 (incidentally Man U went on to win the EPL in those other seasons).

2) Fine margins. With better finishing and refereeing, Man Utd would be on 10 points and only 2 points behind Liverpool. Remember that had Pogba scored his penalty against Wolves, and had Rashford placed his penalty against Palace 3 inches to the right Man Utd would have beaten Wolves and possibly Palace too (given that VAR also ignored the most blatant foul against Martial in the second half and failed to award a penalty).

3) Man Utd have had an easy start to the season and have their hardest games still to come. OGS has been fortunate not to have tough starts like Moyes had (who played Chelsea, and Man City and Liverpool away in his first 3 games). In contrast, OGS has faced only a weakened Chelsea team, Wolves, Palace, and Southampton. Not exactly Champions League threatening teams. If he is dropping points against that lot, I shudder to think what will happen when KDB, the Silvas, and Sterling are let loose against this Man U team.
Last edited by wiseone on Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.