SE 11 v Ukraine

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Re: SE 11 v Ukraine

Post by john12 »

has ejaria officially said his interested in Nigeria? or you guys are just talking
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

john12 wrote:has ejaria officially said his interested in Nigeria? or you guys are just talking
No mind dem. Ejaria is registered to England not Nigeria. His name has been associated with Nigeria for the past 2yrs but the boy has never ever said he was interested in repping Naija or made any move to suggest so.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
john12 wrote:has ejaria officially said his interested in Nigeria? or you guys are just talking
No mind dem. Ejaria is registered to England not Nigeria. His name has been associated with Nigeria for the past 2yrs but the boy has never ever said he was interested in repping Naija or made any move to suggest so.
Well, here is a story from the Liverpool FC News in reference to the above. What you should be arguing is whether he is still committed to Nigeria. But to claim that he never was committed is inaccurate.
Ovie Ejaria called up to England U20 squad, despite previous Nigeria allegiance
Jack Lusby
Liverpool FC News
30 September 2016
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/o ... llegiance/

Liverpool youngster Ovie Ejaria has been called up to the England Under-20s squad for the October international break.

The 18-year-old has enjoyed a swift rise to prominence under Jurgen Klopp this season, starring throughout pre-season before making his debut for the Reds against Derby County.

That 12-minute cameo marked a milestone in Ejaria’s development, which has been followed by progress on the international stage.

Ejaria has been named in Paul Williams’ 24-man squad for the England U20s’ upcoming clashes with the Netherlands (October 5), Germany (October 7) and the United States (October 10).

The young Lions will test their credentials in a packed tournament schedule, travelling to Oldham, Huddersfield and Rochdale.

Ejaria’s inclusion comes as something of a surprise, given the midfielder’s previous statement of allegiance to Nigeria, shortly after joining Liverpool from Arsenal.

“Though I was born in England, my parents are Nigerians,” the youngster said in 2014, “so I have pledged my international future to Nigeria.”

This is far from a definitive move, however, with Ejaria’s future under contention until he turns out for either the England or Nigeria senior sides.

But omitted from a youthful Nigeria squad for their World Cup qualifier against Zambia next month, despite the inclusion of Premier League youngsters Uche Henry Agbo, Alex Iwobi, Isaac Success and Kelechi Iheanacho, this could prove to be a significant move.

Ejaria is poised for a bright future under Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool, training with the first team throughout 2016/17 so far.

After having made his debut against the Rams in the League Cup third round, he will be hoping his league bow comes before the end of the campaign.

He does, however, face considerable competition, with the likes of Adam Lallana, Georginio Wijnaldum, Emre Can and Marko Grujic all ahead of him in his natural role in midfield.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote:Dennis Bonaventure has also been called, so much options in attack that I doubt we will utilize it to maximum effect in just one game ... I wish/hope we will get to squeeze in another friendly before the friendly window closes.
Onyekuru has pulled out due to work permit issues, that's why Dennis Bonaventure, who played recently in Ukraine for his club against Dynamo Kiev in the UCL qualifying rounds, and probably still has a valid Ukrainian visa, was called up.
I am happy