SIASIA APPEALS FIFA LIFE BAN WITH CAS & FIFA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF Backs Siasia After FIFA Ban...

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Damunk wrote:NFF are doing the right thing as an association. Siasia is innocent until proven guilty and it is right they have come out in his support.
But notice they have chosen their words very carefully - as they should - and have not said he is "'innocent. Rather, they have been very diplomatic:
"...the least we as a Federation can do is empathize with him at this time, make ourselves available to him and hope that in some way he is able to clear his name as he has promised to do"

Some of us are a lot less diplomatic and not so optimistic. But if he can in some way (to use NFF's diplospeak) clear his name, we will accept it wholeheartedly.
He HAS been proven guilty that's why he has been banned! The adjudicator is the "court" in this process.

The headline is misleading. The NFF didn't "back" $ia$ia.

PS: They are even more corrupt than him.
They obviously don't believe the 'proof' which they may or may not be privy to.
It might all be 'eye service' or self-preservatory rhetoric.

Again and again you prove yourself to be not very smart.

The NFF has said absolutely nothing in this press release.

Except to reaffirm that SS is entirely on his own.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

With NFF's response there are additional questions to ask:

1. Why was NFF not informed about the investigation been conducted against one of their members?
2. How come evidence against Sia1 was not sort from the NFF?
3. Why did they not inform NFF about the outcome of their decision before it was publicized?
4. Why are they now doing their job backward, that is sending the evidence to NFF after rather before?
5. If they didn't get a response from Sia1 when they asked for Sia1 to give evidence, why didn't they contact the NFF, who are in a better position to reach him?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Its a Goal wrote:With NFF's response there are additional questions to ask:

1. Why was NFF not informed about the investigation been conducted against one of their members?
It was a confidential investigation. What makes Siasia a "member" of the NFF? At best, he is a former official and employee of the NFF

It was a confidential investigation conducted against an individual. Why would the NFF have evidence of Siasia's alleged bribery/match fixing?
3. Why did they not inform NFF about the outcome of their decision before it was publicized?
Because it had nothing to do with the NFF. Siasia's privacy had to be respected as it was a mere allegation until their investigation was completed.
4. Why are they now doing their job backward, that is sending the evidence to NFF after rather before?
Presumably to inform the NFF that Siasia is not allowed to participate in any football activities. And there is no indication they sent any "evidence" to the NFF.

5. If they didn't get a response from Sia1 when they asked for Sia1 to give evidence, why didn't they contact the NFF, who are in a better position to reach him?

That's a good question. No one knows what FIFA's procedures are in an investigation of this sort. I personally think they truly have a long way to go if they tryuly deem mere email as a valid sole form of notice for an investigation of this sort.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Where is Chief Gotti or Oga Furious Frank?
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

The Jagaban wrote:Age 51
Played 51 times for Naija
Fined $51k by Fifa!!
Juju is real.
And how much was the bribe he took? $51 Thousand? He must stay away from the number 51 the rest of the year. Don't have up to N51 in his pocket, do not dive up to 51 KM per hour, do not swallow more than 50 mussels of fufu at a sitting, and so on. I pity this man. Na who go Ijebu for am?
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

metalalloy wrote:
mcal wrote:...but come o! If FIFA sent an email to SS, how come his employer, the Nigeria Football Association were not aware of it. Was the alleged crime not committed while he was employed with them? Questions to be answered.
The investigation is/was confidential. NFF (not that Siasia is a current employer as far as i am aware) should not be privy to it. Imagine if during the investigation, they determined that Siasia was not guilty of anything, but the NFF was made aware and it leaked? It would sully his name.
...my question is about "they, fifa, sent an email to SS"
I bet SS was under the employ if the NFA, therefore his bosses at the FA should have known their employee is being investigated for wrong doing, job related.
Anyway, too many crookedness at fifa and the nfa, only desperate people will hang with them, unless you have better leverage over them, example a super star like.........(insert name).
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

kash n' karry wrote:
Fined $51k by Fifa!!
Juju is real.
:evil: :twisted:
Without a shadow of doubt brother.... u can say that again n' again !! :???:
===========================================
Aaaaggghhh gaaddammmnnn itt !! Wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
The folks who kidnapped his mom are also demanding N50M!
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

1naija wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:For possibly the first time ever, the NFF has acted like a responsible organization :thumbs: :!:

Cheers.

They always acted like a responsible organization. It's the ITTTK that have been unable to see because they busy chasing rats and calling them tigers. :D
Kpom Kwem!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

asabatex wrote:If he received the FIFA email, but decided to ignore it, hoping the problem will go away - then he deserved to be ban for life.
Now he should come out and defend himself.
I know we are living in internet age but I have rarely seen a situation where service of process - a prerequisite for due process - is deemed satisfactorily completed via email especially in a legal matter with potential life altering consequences.

I'm not holding brief for Siasia given I'm not privy to the details, however, the man needs to have his time in court to at a minimum ensure that the legal process is properly adhered to before shutting down his livelihood for good. There are always 2 sides to a story more often than not. The ball is in Siasia's court.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

metalalloy wrote:
mcal wrote:...but come o! If FIFA sent an email to SS, how come his employer, the Nigeria Football Association were not aware of it. Was the alleged crime not committed while he was employed with them? Questions to be answered.
The investigation is/was confidential. NFF (not that Siasia is a current employer as far as i am aware) should not be privy to it. Imagine if during the investigation, they determined that Siasia was not guilty of anything, but the NFF was made aware and it leaked? It would sully his name.
But why email? What about DHL/UPS/Fedex? Something that he has to sign for? How about contacting him through the Nigerian FA given he's registered with them as a professional coach? Provision of notice for these type of legal matters generally requires proof that the provider acknowledged receipt - either via hand delivery or via signature.

People get hundreds of emails daily of which well over 90% are junk/spam.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

green4life wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
But why email? What about DHL/UPS/Fedex? Something that he has to sign for? How about contacting him through the Nigerian FA given he's registered with them as a professional coach? Provision of notice for these type of legal matters generally requires proof that the provider acknowledged receipt - either via hand delivery or via signature.

Our company Uber XXX :taunt: even use emails from the fake company email address as drill for spam emails. Many of us have gotten emails from some members here (names withheld for sake of national peace) that says "From the Office of the President of Nigeria". No serious business uses emails as formal communication method for issues that have legal implications. My company uses emails for communication, but when they want to notify you of any change to your benefits, or performance, or anything that has legal implication, THEY SEND REGULAR MAIL!!!

Siasia is right to say he did not receive any notification.
Last edited by 1naija on Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

can you imagine that pajimoh indicated the emails are the best ways to summon one for court proceedings..that "it", lives in ghana notorious for sankwa boys who sends emails about some Nigerian prince with millions of dollars. this 'it' sat in the same room and saw Siasia collecting bribe and turned a blind eye.... according to pajimoh he knows for a fact SiaSia chop dollar because he was in the same room while the money was changing hands...

As i said, pajimoh lives in a bubble, has no ideas about life or how the world works outside his bubble, the guy knows nothing and just comes here to write long pointless essays. This guy started talking about some 82 year woman and then NEPA , saying NEPA sent the 82 year old woman some court documents via email...I was like huh?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Its a Goal wrote:With NFF's response there are additional questions to ask:

Dude, pls STFU. Is Siasia employed by NFF?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Igugu wrote:
Fined $51k by Fifa!!
Juju is real.
And how much was the bribe he took? $51 Thousand? He must stay away from the number 51 the rest of the year. Don't have up to N51 in his pocket, do not dive up to 51 KM per hour, do not swallow more than 50 mussels of fufu at a sitting, and so on. I pity this man. Na who go Ijebu for am?
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Intent to distribute upwards of $51K in his direction!!
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:I hope it all goes well for our man. I also hope Siasia can OPEN-UP Fifa's nyash by any way possible.
NFF are doing the right thing as an association. Siasia is innocent until proven guilty and it is right they have come out in his support.
But notice they have chosen their words very carefully - as they should - and have not said he is "'innocent. Rather, they have been very diplomatic:
"...the least we as a Federation can do is empathize with him at this time, make ourselves available to him and hope that in some way he is able to clear his name as he has promised to do"

Some of us are a lot less diplomatic and not so optimistic. But if he can in some way (to use NFF's diplospeak) clear his name, we will accept it wholeheartedly.
Spot on with regards to NFF being careful and diplomatic.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

green4life wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Oh boy, scroll up 7 posts from yours. I posted the same thing:
That's a good question. No one knows what FIFA's procedures are in an investigation of this sort. I personally think they truly have a long way to go if they tryuly deem mere email as a valid sole form of notice for an investigation of this sort.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

green4life wrote:
asabatex wrote:If he received the FIFA email, but decided to ignore it, hoping the problem will go away - then he deserved to be ban for life.
Now he should come out and defend himself.
I know we are living in internet age but I have rarely seen a situation where service of process - a prerequisite for due process - is deemed satisfactorily completed via email especially in a legal matter with potential life altering consequences.

I'm not holding brief for Siasia given I'm not privy to the details, however, the man needs to have his time in court to at a minimum ensure that the legal process is properly adhered to before shutting down his livelihood for good. There are always 2 sides to a story more often than not. The ball is in Siasia's court.
Agreed 100%

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:
green4life wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Our company Uber XXX :taunt: even use emails from the fake company email address as drill for spam emails. Many of us have gotten emails from some members here (names withheld for sake of national peace) that says "From the Office of the President of Nigeria". No serious business uses emails as formal communication method for issues that have legal implications. My company uses emails for communication, but when they want to notify you of any change to your benefits, or performance, or anything that has legal implication, THEY SEND REGULAR MAIL!!!

Siasia is right to say he did not receive any notification.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
SIASIA APPEALS FIFA LIFE BAN WITH CAS & FIFA

Post by metalalloy »

As expected.
Former Nigeria coach and player Samson Siasia has filed an appeal with Fifa and the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) against a life ban imposed by the world football's governing body.

Fifa handed Siasia the ban last month for agreeing to "receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches."

The 52-year-old has announced publicly that he began the process to clear his name by filing a Fifa appeal on 27 August and at Cas two days later.

"I've appealed against Fifa's decision and you will probably hear the results like you hear about the ban," Siasia confirmed.

"I wish to state that I have never been and would never be a party to any form of unethical conduct or perversion in the discharge of my duties in any capacity.

"In all my career, I have done nothing but serve my country clubs to the best of my personal and professional ability, with all my strength and might, with discipline, pride and passion and an awareness that it is a privilege to be an ambassador of our great nation.
ADVERTISEMENT
inRead invented by Teads

"It is my greatest hope and belief that my country also stands by and with me at a time like this."

Fifa has not provided the details of which matches were involved in its investigations into Siasia, who managed the Super Eagles between 2010-2011 and for a spell in 2016 as well coaching he country's at under-20 and under-23 sides.

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has provided counsel and legal support for Siasia, who is also dealing with the kidnap of his mother Ogere Siasia, 76, for the second time in four years.

Ogere and two others were seized at Odoni, Sagbama in the south-south state of Bayelsa, last month.

"It's been a tough time. I was totally unaware of the proceedings until I heard about Fifa's decision," he added.

"I am still dealing with the pain and challenges of my mother being kidnapped again and fighting to secure her release."

A former international, Siasia won the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations with Nigeria and played in their maiden World Cup appearance later that same year. He played over 50 times for his country while scoring 16 goals.

As a coach he led his country's under-20 and under-23 ssides to continental success in 2005 and 2015 respectively.

He also guided the under-20's to a runners-up finish at the 2005 World Youth Championships (as it was known at the time) in the Netherlands.

Siasia is the most decorated African football coach at the Olympics, winning silver at the Beijing Games in 2008 and bronze at the 2016 Games in Rio.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49592256

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: SIASIA APPEALS FIFA LIFE BAN WITH CAS & FIFA

Post by Bigpokey24 »

awaiting the poor intelligent folks like waffi, CIC and tha pajimoh
SuperEagles

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Bigpokey24 wrote:awaiting the poor intelligent folks like waffi, CIC and tha pajimoh
You're the one that fails to cimprehend.
Obviously Sia1 is a lot smarter than you and realize the only way to clean his name is through legal means and not court of public opinion.

Abegi, go and grow a brain.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

pajimoh wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:awaiting the poor intelligent folks like waffi, CIC and tha pajimoh
Obviously Sia1 is a lot smarter than you and realize the only way to clean his name is through legal means and not court of public opinion.

a perfect example of a poorly waste of space in our educational system. You were all over the forum condemning and passing judgement ..now your brain has failed to bail you out of such poor thinking skills :boo:
SuperEagles

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

a perfect example of a poorly waste of space in our educational system. You were all over the forum condemning and passing judgement ..now your brain has failed to bail you out of such poor thinking skills :boo:
Pot......... brainless twat :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!