Josh Maja gets late call up for Ukraine friendly

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Josh Maja gets late call up for Ukraine friendly

Post by oloye »

maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:Who be Josh and where does he ply his trade. Just a honest question ni o Abeg.
In Bordeaux with Sam Kalu. They bought him from lower leagues in England.
Thank you Chief, much as gracias
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Make I humour you vancity..

Put this in context...

1. Josh is 20 and listed today as a british citizen, if we cap him in a competitive friendly ( if dem no change the rules ) ..it means we have him and no story of change to Nigeria..
2. and frankly he is not bad Bordeaux has only played 4 games since he joined and he is not lucky like Oshimen to have started in 3 but has played in two as subs
3. Remove the midfielders from your list to compare apples to apples ( Josh is an all out striker ) which means in your list and based on what they have played for club and country you will compare him to :

Victor
Awoniyi
Simy
Nacho
Onachu

Maybe just Maybe Success { his club has converted him it seems to Iwobi's position .....

By that list left me I ran him higher that Simy, Onachu and Iheanacho.... Not seen a lot of Awoniyi to compare but Olypic quals will tell us soon. :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

Musa should already be history from just the squad we had at the last ANC.

I am interested to know who you think Maja would displace in a 23 man SE squad

For instance is Maja better than. Is he better than any of the following ? The guy doesn't even start for Bordeaux.

Awoniyi
Okereke
Dennis
Oshimen
Onyekuru
Musa
Kalu
Chukwueze
Success
Iheanacho
Onuachu
Simy Nwankwo

I seriously doubt Maja will stand out amongst these players.

Do you believe he will ?[/quote]
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

you were making sense until you called your World cup GOAT history. musa will still be at SE until 200w
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

This is becoming suspicious! @ John are u in any way affiliated to Musa? Are u his brother? Or distant relation? Because everybody saw that Musa was a weak link in the ANC team! We don't even need to debate this!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote:This is becoming suspicious! @ John are u in any way affiliated to Musa? Are u his brother? Or distant relation? Because everybody saw that Musa was a weak link in the ANC team! We don't even need to debate this!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Legit question.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:honestly we need to be bringing in new MIDFIELDERS

I dont think Josh Maja brings anything to the table that we do not already have in abundance.

Rohr needs to work on bringing in midfielders, his targets should be

Eberechi Eze and Ovie Ejaria.

I dont want to hear about any new mediocre forwards.
Ejaria and Eze are both registered to England and can't be called. Do proper research instead of watching games and calling for them to be called up at HT.
Emir you are very useles o bros!!
You obviously didnt do ANY research!

What do you mean by "registered to England"...?
Both have not even played in friendlies for the ENgland senior team so they are still very much eligble for Nigeria.
YNWA
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Make I humour you vancity..

Put this in context...

1. Josh is 20 and listed today as a british citizen, if we cap him in a competitive friendly ( if dem no change the rules ) ..it means we have him and no story of change to Nigeria..
2. and frankly he is not bad Bordeaux has only played 4 games since he joined and he is not lucky like Oshimen to have started in 3 but has played in two as subs
3. Remove the midfielders from your list to compare apples to apples ( Josh is an all out striker ) which means in your list and based on what they have played for club and country you will compare him to :

Victor
Awoniyi
Simy
Nacho
Onachu

Maybe just Maybe Success { his club has converted him it seems to Iwobi's position .....

By that list left me I ran him higher that Simy, Onachu and Iheanacho.... Not seen a lot of Awoniyi to compare but Olypic quals will tell us soon. :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

Musa should already be history from just the squad we had at the last ANC.

I am interested to know who you think Maja would displace in a 23 man SE squad

For instance is Maja better than. Is he better than any of the following ? The guy doesn't even start for Bordeaux.

Awoniyi
Okereke
Dennis
Oshimen
Onyekuru
Musa
Kalu
Chukwueze
Success
Iheanacho
Onuachu
Simy Nwankwo

I seriously doubt Maja will stand out amongst these players.

Do you believe he will ?
[/quote]
https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/09/05/b ... -onyekuru/
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
gochino wrote:This is becoming suspicious! @ John are u in any way affiliated to Musa? Are u his brother? Or distant relation? Because everybody saw that Musa was a weak link in the ANC team! We don't even need to debate this!
Legit question.
even a family member is usually brutally honest with their person. This one is a sycophant! This is clearly a money or sex issue. Only money or sex can make someone become absolutely irrational.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Legit question.
even a family member is usually brutally honest with their person. This one is a sycophant! This is clearly a money or sex issue. Only money or sex can make someone become absolutely irrational.
Alhaji! That one na yabbis. Take am easy.
When we dey joke we know we dey joke.
But John12...started off accusing everybody of being an agent and now he is the no1 suspect.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Legit question.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: oh my goodness :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: this is some serious yab oooo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]
SuperEagles

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

let me put it this way. going to that last world cup, musa was the least in form striker among the listed ones. however, he had something lacking in the rest "Experience" when it comes to the big game, EXPERIENCE is extremely Vital and that can be the only difference in a game. musa must go to 2022 world cup (if we qualify)based on his EXPERIENCE, world cup trajectory etc. the likes of kanu never scored a world cup or nations cup goal but his position was never threatened or questioned by you TRIBALIST but when it comes to your World cup GOAT, everyone suddenly has a voice.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:let me put it this way. going to that last world cup, musa was the least in form striker among the listed ones. however, he had something lacking in the rest "Experience" when it comes to the big game, EXPERIENCE is extremely Vital and that can be the only difference in a game. musa must go to 2022 world cup (if we qualify)based on his EXPERIENCE, world cup trajectory etc. the likes of kanu never scored a world cup or nations cup goal but his position was never threatened or questioned by you TRIBALIST but when it comes to your World cup GOAT, everyone suddenly has a voice.
Nobody has a RIGHT to be included in any squad, experience or no experience.

2022 is three years away and Musa cannot be penned down for the 2022 squad (if we qualify) simply becos of 'experience'. There is a balance between ability and this experience thing, and if ability outweighs the experience, then someone else takes his slot.

Otherwise, we might as well fill the squad with 'experienced' players like Joel Obi, Onazi, Oboabona and Efe Ambrose. In fact, even now I believe Musa is on his way out but his seniority is still keeping him relevant but not indispensable.

I don't know when you will start to question Musa's relevance.
Is it until he is on a zimmer frame? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Legit question.
Or money for sex or sex for money :rotf:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Leaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Leaf »

He can prob convert to CAM
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Another player I unearthed 2months ago.

I'm surprised no one has called me an agent on this one yet.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chief nfachairman wrote:Another player I unearthed 2months ago.

I'm surprised no one has called me an agent on this one yet.
You don't matter and you are only looking for your best interests, a classless agent
SuperEagles