OLYMPIC EAGLES (U23) Continue Preparations.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
OLYMPIC EAGLES (U23) Continue Preparations.....

Post by Enugu II »

Olympic Eagles step up preparation for Sudan
Posted By: The NFFon: August 30, 2019In: Olympic TeamNo Comments Print Email
https://www.thenff.com/2019/08/olympic- ... for-sudan/

As the countdown to the third round of U23 Africa Cup of Nations against Sudan continues, the U23 National Team, Olympic Eagles, defeated Falala FC 2-0 in a warm up game played at FIFA Goal Project in Abuja on Thursday.

Goals from Ndah Olisa in the 43rd minute and Sunday Adetunji in the 57th minute sealed the victory as the team stepped us preparations for the first leg in Omdurman on Thursday, 5th September, to be followed by the return leg in Asaba on Tuesday, 10th September.

The Olympic Eagles started on a bright note, exerting much pressure on the opposition, but glorious goal-scoring opportunities in the first 20 minutes went begging. Orji Sunday came close to scoring in the 22nd minute but blazed the ball over the bar. The attacking midfielder had another chance but missed from a free-kick close to the 18 -yard box area. The pressure mounted by the team finally paid off when central defender, Ndah Olisa broke the deadlock with a sumptuous header from a corner kick by Orji Sunday in the 43rd minutes.

In the second half, the wards of Imama Amapakabo continued with their dominance. But another big chance was thrown away as Sunday Adetunji blew it wide. Adetunji made no mistake in the 57th minute when he doubled the lead with a well-taken goal after receiving a lofty pass from Sunusi Ibrahim.

Ndifreke Effiong came close to adding to the numerical advantage but the referee ruled his effort offside. Chibundu Amahalso had opportunity to nick the third goal but the opposing goalkeeper rushed out to save the situation.

The Olympic Eagles will continue their preparations with training games before departing for Sudan early next week. The winner over two legs between Nigeria and Sudan will qualify for the 3rd U23 Africa Cup of Nations, scheduled for Egypt 8th – 22nd November 2019.
Last edited by Enugu II on Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OLYMPIC EAGLES (U23) Continue Preparations.....

Post by Enugu II »

Amapakabo Calls Up 35 Players For 2019 U-23 AFCON Final Round Qualifiers Vs Sudan
August 7, 2019 4:21 pm
https://www.completesports.com/amapakab ... -vs-sudan/

Nigeria U-23 Eagles’ coach, Imama Amapakabo, has invited 35 players to camp ahead of their final qualifying round fixtures for the 2019 U-23 Africa Cup of Nations against Sudan on September 6 and 10, Completesports.com reports.

The players, all home-based, will report at the U-23 Eagles’ camp, Serob Legacy Hotel, Abuja on Thursday, August 8.

The first leg tie originally scheduled for Samson Siasia Stadium, Yenagoa, last June was was postponed at the instance of CAF who cited closeness of the period of the AFCON 2019 in Egypt – June 14 through July 19.

The U-23 Eagles will now travel to Khartoum for the first leg clash on September 6. The return leg match will hold at the Stephen Keshi Stadium Asaba four days later – September 10, 2019.

The Olympic Eagles edged out Libya 4-2 on aggregate to qualify for the final qualifying round. They lost 2-0 to the Libyans at their Ben Guardia, Tunisia makeshift home stadium, then Amapakabo regrouped his squad to win the second leg 4-0 at the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba.

The winner over two legs between Nigeria and Sudan will get a berth at
the 3rd U-23 Africa Cup of Nations which will be hosted by Egypt. The tournament holds from November 8 to 22 2019.

Full List Of The 35 Invited Players

Adamu Abubakar (Wikki Tourists); Galadima Mohammed (Nasarawa United); Amos Obasoge (Insurance FC); John Lazarus (Lobi Stars); Etboy Akpan (Akwa United); Haruna Garba (Jordano FC); Abiodun Joseph (Sunshine Stars); Ebube Duru (Lobi Stars); Ojo Adebayo (Water FC); Joshua Akpedje (MFM FC); Ndah B (Remo Stars); Anumudu Udochukwu (Lobi Stars); Stephen Manyo (Enyimba FC); Family Ahmed (Adamawa United); Fatai Gbadamosi (Shooting Stars); Olatunji Oluwadamilare (Enyimba FC); Ndala Ibrahim (Nasarawa United); Seth Mayi (Remo Stars); William Ukeme (Wikki Tourists); Ibrahim Sanusi (Nasarawa United); Ndifreke Effiong (Akwa United); Sunday Adetunji (Abia Warriors); Musa Ronaldo Suleiman (Katsina United); Chibundu Amah (Sunshine Stars); Joshua Agboola (Katsina United); Umar Abba (Wikki Tourists); Cletus Umotem (Rivers United); Muritala Tiye Yusuf (Shooting Stars); Michael Eranumu (Insurance FC); Ibe Tobechukwu (Abia Warriors); Stephen Wisdom Ikechi (Wilbros FC); ThankGod Simon (MFM FC); Tofa Alhassan (Green Barrot); Adegboyega Semiu Dapo (Stationery Stores); Azeez Oseni (36 Lions)
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

No foreign based players invited?
I am happy
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Dammy wrote:No foreign based players invited?
A handful are supposed to join the squad during the international break...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Foreign-based players included in the 23-player list were....

Okechukwu Azubuike
Taiwo Awoniyi
Stephen Odey
Frank Onyeka
Sunday Faleye
Blessing Olabiran
Collins Ogbodo
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote:Foreign-based players included in the 23-player list were....

Okechukwu Azubuike
Taiwo Awoniyi
Stephen Odey
Frank Onyeka
Sunday Faleye
Blessing Olabiran
Collins Ogbodo
Gotti,

Where is Sunday Faleye playing at the moment. That kid can ball. I like that he is called up to join the U23.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:Gotti,

Where is Sunday Faleye playing at the moment. That kid can ball. I like that he is called up to join the U23.
I believe in Austria...
But his club was relegated at the end of last season.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

no reason to not have chukwueze at the Olympics
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Chukwuze is now a SE player. He should use next summer to rest.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Well they lost today to Sudan 1-0
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Well they lost today to Sudan 1-0

That’s as good as a draw in African qualifiers. Well beayt then by 2 goals in the return leg.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

By all accounts, it was a game they should have won...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Chukwuze is now a SE player. He should use next summer to rest.
he would have scored and by the way him tell you say him no want Olympic medal even if him be se player
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

jette1 wrote:no reason to not have chukwueze at the Olympics
C.Ronaldo played in the Olympics the same year that he reached a Euro final in the same country that beat Portugal that year Greece 2004.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
C.Ronaldo played in the Olympics the same year that he reached a Euro final in the same country that beat Portugal that year Greece 2004.
Don’t mind Ohenhen 1-chance....
Messi was a full international (with 2006 WC experience) when he helped beat us at the 2008 Olympics.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote:
By all accounts, it was a game they should have won...
Hmm, well result is bad, but not too bad. Let's see what happens when Sudan comes to Asaba
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Gotti wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Don’t mind Ohenhen 1-chance....
Messi was a full international (with 2006 WC experience) when he helped beat us at the 2008 Olympics.
:thumb:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Chukwuze played last summer. Players need rest. Other players should get a chance. Isn't Kalu, Onyekuru, Okereke and etc eligible for the U23 team?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bad but still hopeful that we can overturn it.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ohenhen1 wrote:Chukwuze played last summer. Players need rest. Other players should get a chance. Isn't Kalu, Onyekuru, Okereke and etc eligible for the U23 team?
Messi played in the summer of 2006 (WC), 2007 (Copa America) and 2008 (Olympics)...
If we qualify, only way an in-form Chukwueze misses out on the Olympics would be if he asked to.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Does anyone share this sneaky feeling of mine that Olympic 'soccer' has somehow lost some of its appeal?
Or maybe we've simply 'been there, done that, worn the gold medal' and are looking at the real deal WC?

I'm just struggling to get excited about the Olympic soccer like I used to back then.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:Does anyone share this sneaky feeling of mine that Olympic 'soccer' has somehow lost some of its appeal?
Or maybe we've simply 'been there, done that, worn the gold medal' and are looking at the real deal WC?

I'm just struggling to get excited about the Olympic soccer like I used to back then.
KPOM
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:Does anyone share this sneaky feeling of mine that Olympic 'soccer' has somehow lost some of its appeal?

Ok,Nigeria doesn’t have a league of actual professional standard the NFF doesn’t own its own academy,Nigeria has failed to win the FIFA U20 World Cup (I’m not talking about U17-),Nigeria is recovering from a long stint of failed qualification to the Afcon so what development have we been working on to warrant a World Cup?
The French have Claire Fountain the English have St George’s the Spanish have La Liga and it’s successful footballing academies and we Nigerians rely on our players that play in these countries and expect to win the World Cup and now you are saying the Olympics is basically pointless.Nigeria needs all they can get and that includes the CHAN and the U23 team because we don’t have much else to help improve our nations football!