Resident permit knocks Onyekuru out of Ukraine clash

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Next
Egg
Egg
Resident permit knocks Onyekuru out of Ukraine clash

Post by Next »

http://aoifootball.com/2019/09/05/intl- ... ine-clash/
Super Eagles winger, Henry Onyekuru has confirmed he won’t be available for Nigeria’s high profile friendly against Ukraine next week, AOIFootball.com reports.

The Monaco winger, who confirmed the news of his unavailability to AOIFootball.com, stated that he was yet to get a resident card and would find it difficult to return to France should he fly to honour the game in Kyiv next week.

“It is true that I won’t be available for the match against Ukraine next week due to resident permit.

“I only arrived here less than a month and I’m yet to get my resident card, so if I leave now I won’t be able to return and will then have to apply for another visa to fly back to France,” Onyekuru explained.

The winger’s case could, however, be likened to what transpired between former Arsenal midfielder Kelechi Nwakali who flew into Nigeria for the U-23 qualifiers against Libya in March but had to stay back for months due to resident permit to Portugal, a situation that cost him his season with FC Porto.

In his absence, Eagles gaffer Gernot Rohr has already called up Belgian based Dennis Emmanuel Bonaventure to replace the Monaco winger.
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Resident permit knocks Onyekuru out of Ukraine clash

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

No Biggie. Let the boy settle down and get his papers right. There're plenty of games to come. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:No Biggie. Let the boy settle down and get his papers right. There're plenty of games to come. :thumb:
I was expecting your usual "the boy is useless" quote :tic:
By the way, do we need papers to enter your country Gbegiristan? :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Smart guy and you cant blame him. This was one of the things that derailed Nwakali's career too.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Musa also pulled out of the friendly due to injuries
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

pajimoh wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:No Biggie. Let the boy settle down and get his papers right. There're plenty of games to come. :thumb:
I was expecting your usual "the boy is useless" quote :tic:
By the way, do we need papers to enter your country Gbegiristan? :tic:
Gbegiristan!!! i like it. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Mods, kindly change my name to Emir of Gbegiristan GCON. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I've been looking for a name for an Amala joint i'm planning on opening in Ibadan next year but nothing catchy came to mind.

Everybody in Nigeria can relate to the connotation of "Gbegiristan". Kai.....see life. In your attempt to yab me you just might have made me rich. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!