SE v Ukraine predictions

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE v Ukraine predictions

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This will be a very tough team for the young SE to beat at home. Ukraine is playing very well of late, they top their Eoro 2020 group and they have a few world class players on the team. Anything less than a 2 goal defeat will be very good for SE.
[/video]
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE v Ukraine predictions

Post by vancity eagle »

sorry I dont share your defeatest attitudes.

Nigeria is a better team than Ukraine full stop. They may be in good form right now but water always finds its level.

I am not saying Nigeria is another class, but I believe we are slightly a better team.

I think we should be aiming for at least a draw, I would be happy with that, but I also think it is not outside of the realm that we should beat them in their own backyard.

Remember this is a team that failed to qualify for the last WC from the same group that Iceland qualified from. We all remember what happened to Iceland when they crossed paths with us.

Game can go anyways, I am hoping for at least a draw.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I watched them yesterday.
They're okay but nothing to be over-respectful of.
Lithuania they beat 3-0 are nowhere near the SE in terms of quality.
The only thing that might let us down would be inexperience, but I expect a good game.
Prediction 2-1, advantage Naija.
Worst result a 1-1 draw. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

This is game 1 of the new era SE players. No Mikel, Ighalo, Musa and Ndidi. We’ll be fielding a team that’s hasn’t even began to gel and we’re away playing a team that’s ranked 15 slots ahead of us in FIFA rankings. We need to be realistic not over confident. Remember, we lost to Madagascar and barely escaped Guinea at Afcon.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

We will give them a good game but I don't think we will win.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ukraine wins this by 2 goals
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This is game 1 of the new era SE players. No Mikel, Ighalo, Musa and Ndidi. We’ll be fielding a team that’s hasn’t even began to gel and we’re away playing a team that’s ranked 15 slots ahead of us in FIFA rankings. We need to be realistic not over confident. Remember, we lost to Madagascar and barely escaped Guinea at Afcon.
What nonsense, we were losing games to the likes of Czech republic etc even when deadwoods like Mikel and Musa were on the team, Ighalo had a good AFCON but he's been sh.it for many years now. It's time for the new generation to step up, I'm certain Ukraine to chop cane on Tuesday, but whatever the outcome of the friendly... expect to see a more competitve game with youthful exuberance/a new mint of fresh air from the SE.

Best case scenario :SE 2 Ukraine 1 with- Osimhen will get a brace.
Worse case : SE 1 Ukraine 1
Last edited by Tobi17 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote:I watched them yesterday.
They're okay but nothing to be over-respectful of.
Lithuania they beat 3-0 are nowhere near the SE in terms of quality.
The only thing that might let us down would be inexperience, but I expect a good game.
Prediction 2-1, advantage Naija.
Worst result a 1-1 draw. :D
forget inexperience... How did we fare against European teams when we had the likes of Mikel, Ighalo etc? people don't know that the likes of Mikel, Ighalo, Musa etc slowed us down big time, they are among our all time greats (at least considerably)... but nothing beats a team with so much excitement as we have now. I saw how a young generation of Netherland players demolished Germany, and boy was I overawed... get us a quality coach when Rohr is gone, then we have us an explosive generation.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This tobi is not sharp at all. It's official he knows nothing about football....the likes of Ighalo and Mikel didn't play some useless worthless friendlies. You are calling footballers deadwood... well you are still living at home with family...get out the real world and let's see you stand on your feet for 2 weeks...smh all these small pikins dem born after 1999...smh
SuperEagles

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

We own Eastern European teams for the most part. I call a 2-1 SE victory, or a 2-2 draw.

Wha choo looking at?!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Anything less than a 2 goal defeat will be very good for SE.
This is the losing mentality that Rohr has helped to foster. Yes, Emir was already a known coward but whereas in the past he would simply shake like a dog in the rain; now he's predicting acceptable defeats.

Shame.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Ukraine dominates the game and wins 2-1. I hope I'm wrong.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Ukraine wins 3-1 easily..... It is a friendly
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote:This tobi is not sharp at all. It's official he knows nothing about football....the likes of Ighalo and Mikel didn't play some useless worthless friendlies. You are calling footballers deadwood... well you are still living at home with family...get out the real world and let's see you stand on your feet for 2 weeks...smh all these small pikins dem born after 1999...smh
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

If we no win my Ukrainian coworker go finish me lol, dude always talking about their current team is useless and don’t have any current stars.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote:If we no win my Ukrainian coworker go finish me lol, dude always talking about their current team is useless and don’t have any current stars.
Yarmolenko and Man city boy Zinchenko are pretty decent players, I think we are on par with them in terms of quality... maybe slightly better in attack.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This will be a very tough team for the young SE to beat at home. Ukraine is playing very well of late, they top their Eoro 2020 group and they have a few world class players on the team. Anything less than a 2 goal defeat will be very good for SE.
[/video]
Jez! How and when did Naija fans develop this loser mentality? This used to be different! This is exactly what Rohr has brought to the table, what a shame!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

gochino wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This will be a very tough team for the young SE to beat at home. Ukraine is playing very well of late, they top their Eoro 2020 group and they have a few world class players on the team. Anything less than a 2 goal defeat will be very good for SE.
[/video]
Jez! How and when did Naija fans develop this loser mentality? This used to be different! This is exactly what Rohr has brought to the table, what a shame!
Has nothing to do with Rohr, these guys are just naturally losers...
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Nigeria should beat Ukraine despite their recent form,I don’t see Nigeria even feeling the pressure in such a match!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Nigeria should beat Ukraine despite their recent form,I don’t see Nigeria even feeling the pressure in such a match!
We playing in their home though, so should be some pressure...will be good to see how our young team reacts...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Nigeria should beat Ukraine despite their recent form,I don’t see Nigeria even feeling the pressure in such a match!
We playing in their home though, so should be some pressure...will be good to see how our young team reacts...
yeah!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: the young team excuse will be heard again for the next 100 years
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
year the young team excuse will be heard again for the next 100 years
:rotf: :rotf: Abi you prefer an old team?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

The same know nothings who complained when we couldn’t beat Czech rep, Poland, and Madagascar are now calling for Victory against Ukraine at home. What is this high expectation based on? Is it because we’re African champs? Heck... we’re not even West African champions .We literally have a new team with lots of potential but it’s unlikely we get it right from Jump.

I trust that Rohr will put the best has on the field but we must be realistic about our chances even though victory is the goal.
OCCUPY NFF!!