Rohr - "Ukraine Marks New beginning"

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Rohr - "Ukraine Marks New beginning"

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://www.completesports.com/rohr-mat ... er-eagles/

Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr says today’s international friendly match against the Ukrainian national team will kick start Nigeria’s preparations for the 2021 AFCON qualifying games, Completesports.com reports.

Speaking ahead of the Dnipro Arena showdown, Rohr reiterates he is looking forward to a good game that will help in the development of his young squad, and recalls his first match against Ukraine as Niger Republic coach.

“This match is the beginning of our preparations for the qualifying round of the next Africa Cup [of Nations]. Our team has been updated, and now we have a very young team. With a new captain. I really want to successfully start our new stage, so I hope to see a good game in the match with Ukraine, which, most likely, will reach the European Championship,” Rohr said.

“The match against the Shevchenko team is a challenge for us. Five years ago, I was the head coach of the Niger team, and we met with the Ukrainian team in Kiev. Lost then 1 – 2, but we were very close to a draw.

“This time, we are faced with a test game, the result of which goes into the background for us.”

Rohr absolves Ukraine officials of any blame as regards the Super Eagles’ tough travel itinerary.

“Yes, we arrived in the Dnieper on September 7th. This is related to logistics. For example, we received our luggage on Sunday. Perhaps this is due to some nuances in the work of airlines. But it certainly has nothing to do with Ukraine,” Rohr explained.

“We were very warmly received, we trained these days on the condition of Dnipro, this is a great place for playing football.”

The kickoff of tonight’s Ukraine vs Nigeria international friendly match is 7:30pm (Nigerian time). Join Completesports.com for the live updates.

Top 5 Ukraine Facts

– Have never lost to any African team. Past results include; Libya (1-1, 3-0) Tunisia (1-0); Cameroon (0-0); Niger (2-1); Morocco (0-0).

– Have not lost a friendly match in the last 7 years playing 20 matches in a row, winning 12 and drawing 8.

– Have featured in only one World Cup appearance, in 2006 and 2 European Championships in 2012 and 2016.

– The most capped player is Anatoliy Tymoshchuk with 144 caps between the year 2000-2016.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr - "Ukraine Marks New beginning"

Good luck in the new era Coach Rohr. We believe in you. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ok
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I just need a freaking link!!!!!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Up rohr
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Damunk wrote:I just need a freaking link!!!!!
Try live football app. It's showing there
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

:clap:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:https://www.completesports.com/rohr-mat ... er-eagles/

Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr says today’s international friendly match against the Ukrainian national team will kick start Nigeria’s preparations for the 2021 AFCON qualifying games, Completesports.com reports.

Speaking ahead of the Dnipro Arena showdown, Rohr reiterates he is looking forward to a good game that will help in the development of his young squad, and recalls his first match against Ukraine as Niger Republic coach.

“This match is the beginning of our preparations for the qualifying round of the next Africa Cup [of Nations]. Our team has been updated, and now we have a very young team. With a new captain. I really want to successfully start our new stage, so I hope to see a good game in the match with Ukraine, which, most likely, will reach the European Championship,” Rohr said.

“The match against the Shevchenko team is a challenge for us. Five years ago, I was the head coach of the Niger team, and we met with the Ukrainian team in Kiev. Lost then 1 – 2, but we were very close to a draw.

“This time, we are faced with a test game, the result of which goes into the background for us.”

Rohr absolves Ukraine officials of any blame as regards the Super Eagles’ tough travel itinerary.

“Yes, we arrived in the Dnieper on September 7th. This is related to logistics. For example, we received our luggage on Sunday. Perhaps this is due to some nuances in the work of airlines. But it certainly has nothing to do with Ukraine,” Rohr explained.

“We were very warmly received, we trained these days on the condition of Dnipro, this is a great place for playing football.”

The kickoff of tonight’s Ukraine vs Nigeria international friendly match is 7:30pm (Nigerian time). Join Completesports.com for the live updates.

Top 5 Ukraine Facts

– Have never lost to any African team. Past results include; Libya (1-1, 3-0) Tunisia (1-0); Cameroon (0-0); Niger (2-1); Morocco (0-0).

– Have not lost a friendly match in the last 7 years playing 20 matches in a row, winning 12 and drawing 8.

– Have featured in only one World Cup appearance, in 2006 and 2 European Championships in 2012 and 2016.

– The most capped player is Anatoliy Tymoshchuk with 144 caps between the year 2000-2016.

Some people go bust head today :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

So this guy lost to Ukraine 2-1 while coaching Niger... in fact he said he almost got a draw. Now while coaching Nigeria, he gets a 2-2 draw. I guess improvement na improvement :D
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

niyi wrote:So this guy lost to Ukraine 2-1 while coaching Niger... in fact he said he almost got a draw. Now while coaching Nigeria, he gets a 2-2 draw. I guess improvement na improvement :D
it can only mean one thing; the Constance variable = rohr
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Ukraine Fifa ranking 25
Nigeria Fifa ranking 33. The joke is on you fam
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Nigeria is playing defensively but yet conceding cheap goals. Ukraine had 67 per of possession to Nigerians 36 percent. it is the new normal
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

john12 wrote:Ukraine Fifa ranking 25
Nigeria Fifa ranking 33. The joke is on you fam
Na you dey pay attention to rankings. It is the green grass performance that carries the day.

Continue your delusions of grandeur.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

ANC wrote:Nigeria is playing defensively but yet conceding cheap goals. Ukraine had 67 per of possession to Nigerians 36 percent. it is the new normal
Its interesting you feel less possession = defensive football.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ANC wrote:Nigeria is playing defensively but yet conceding cheap goals. Ukraine had 67 per of possession to Nigerians 36 percent. it is the new normal

Worry about Ghana and leave us alone with our cheap goals.
OCCUPY NFF!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Rohr has come again with his "young team" biz. Though factually accurate, its beginning to sound like an excuse. Its your choice to constantly choose young boys. You can choose older players if you want. You've chosen the young because you think they're faster/better. Why would you start Semi over Leon Balogun? Cause you think he's better. That's a choice.

Good luck to him and the lads, but I for one wouldn't mind one bit if he never said the term "young" again
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

New beginning, same ol' frailties
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

deanotito wrote:Rohr has come again with his "young team" biz. Though factually accurate, its beginning to sound like an excuse. Its your choice to constantly choose young boys. You can choose older players if you want. You've chosen the young because you think they're faster/better. Why would you start Semi over Leon Balogun? Cause you think he's better. That's a choice.

Good luck to him and the lads, but I for one wouldn't mind one bit if he never said the term "young" again
But they are a young team now. All the man did was make a statement of fact...haba :D
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

deanotito wrote:Rohr has come again with his "young team" biz. Though factually accurate, its beginning to sound like an excuse. Its your choice to constantly choose young boys. You can choose older players if you want. You've chosen the young because you think they're faster/better. Why would you start Semi over Leon Balogun? Cause you think he's better. That's a choice.

But they are a young team now. All the man did was make a statement of fact...haba :D
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Robbynice wrote:

I like Rohr, buy his young team business sounds more and more like a job preservation tactic than anything else these days. In the beginning, I thought it was some sort of psychological war against the opponents...but now, I think its just PR
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

deanotito wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

I like Rohr, buy his young team business sounds more and more like a job preservation tactic than anything else these days. In the beginning, I thought it was some sort of psychological war against the opponents...but now, I think its just PR
You may be right... but that's because things are currently what they seem to be - Rohr isn't particularly helping his cause with improved coaching, so it's reasonable to see his young team talk as some preservation tactics. But we won't really understand why Rohr says these things until he's done coaching us and the next coach takes over... and maybe goes on to play the brand of football we love to see, and gives us the type of results we hope for with this team... Then in hindsight, we would look back and understand and appreciate that Rohr set the foundation for a promising future by doing the basics- building a TEAM, bringing organization and stability for the team to grow and function, and giving the next coach or manager a superb framework to add finishing touches to give us team that will go on and make us proud.